• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Escape to a fantasy world discussion

Hmm, depending on how that turns out I'd be forced to turn that sibling into an undead servant too though.

My character will likely mascarade as a good guy while secretly screwing you guys over, so I can't be getting exposed by chance.
Now I'm even more interested, and if the sibling does get away then I'm thinking of setting a vengeance plot

Woah, Woah. SORRY. Okay, Didn't mean to offend you.
Also, got a kinda secret guild not many people know.
'Blue Serenity'
Like the name? Well heres their LEADER
Name: Serenity Gladoso
Nationality: Chinese
Appearance: Serenity wears blue samurai armor, with a sword holder strapped to its back. It holds a Monk's spade. They have black hair and blue eyes. It's often implied they used to be a samurai when they 'lived before'.
Height: 7'3"
Personality: They are very serious, and never mess around.They are merciful, despite being armed with weapons and armor. Serenity has a strong hate for cats.
Cause of Death: Being disrespectful. (It's a death penalty in Chinese lore.)
Guild: Blue Serenity
Backstory: After being disrespectful to the great king, he died and made his own guild. He now rules it with a iron fist.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't exactly plan on Lexi being evil. Then again, I don't plan against it. She does have a moral compass, but she's in a new world and doesn't know what is happening, therefore making her highly impressionable. If an evil guild got to her first, that's probably where she would make her alliance before presumably meeting with a character in a "good" guild or just one that isn't evil and/or being "rescued". Also, do they just...appear after dying? Like she could just pop into existence anywhere at all? I want to make sure I have something to go on.

Jayblade

Previously AceTrainerGold
you will talk to one of the goddesses (just make one up.) she will ask if you want to go to heaven/hell or the fantasy world, if you choose fantasy world you will choose one item to take with you, you will then be teleported to the world

Okay, where are some of the characters? I'd like to at least have a little bit of interaction soon after I post, and I'm trying to work on being more descriptive(which I can't do if I don't know my setting, and if I described a forest and everyone else was in a desert or smth, that wouldn't work out too well)

Thread is with a few others in a city, Kumushi is looking around for the Eclipse Empire.
Those are my ocs, in case your interested.

Right now he is just roaming around his quarters. I made it vague to allow his evil minions and such to interact with him as he is deciding who to attack for his campaign.

Right now he is just roaming around his quarters. I made it vague to allow his evil minions and such to interact with him as he is deciding who to attack for his campaign.
Yeaaaa...but do we even have countries? I'm all for attacking people, but any general would tell you that lack of information is an army's most lethal enemy.

Yeaaaa...but do we even have countries? I'm all for attacking people, but any general would tell you that lack of information is an army's most lethal enemy.

I don't know, I just said he was debating between attacking the lizard-men of the north versus dealing with bandits in the east. I don't know the geography of this world.

I don't know, I just said he was debating between attacking the lizard-men of the north versus dealing with bandits in the east. I don't know the geography of this world.
I'd say bandits in the east.

I'm not sure how far north we're talking about, but marching an army into an unfamiliar environment, particularly in the winter, is frequently the bane of many great generals, and particularly against attempts to invade Russia.

Also, bandit subjugation is always a good idea because they usually have a lot of spoils from their years of robbery. Bandits are practically robbers waiting to be robbed.

We all gotta find each other and form our bonds! We all should meet each other at SOME POINT...Even if it creates a rivalry.
Well, my OC is out to turn all of you into undead servants, so rivalry would be a rather tame word to describe it.

Edit:

In fact, if anyone wants to abruptly convert to evil while retaining their good-guy mentality for either character development or otherwise, I will gladly kill your OC and resurrect them.

...Wow. Deep...But I thought your OC was apart of the Eclipse army, which is aiming to get a goal similar to that, correct? Or is it the OTHER one? The butler of the servant?

...Wow. Deep...But I thought your OC was apart of the Eclipse army, which is aiming to get a goal similar to that, correct? Or is it the OTHER one? The butler of the servant?
She is apart of the Eclipse Army, maybe she'll be a general or advisor of sorts.

So if you convert to evil you'll likely be joining the Eclipse Empire.

Did we ever decide what currency this world takes? I assume its a crystal or other materials. I just wanted to ask and let everyone decide. I didn't want to force an aspect of the world on everyone without their opinions. I know its a unimportant thing to the whole RP world but i felt it would be rude to choose by myself

Well normally when i need to name something fantasy related my go to method is to combine different words based off what it is. If i don't find something that sounds right i often take the words i'm mashing together and translate it into a different language. I repeat this a few times if i still can't find one then i just use a generator.

To be honest, I don't plan to carry on with my oc until more is said about the 'Purple Thorns' guild. That way I don't mess anything up in terms of where it is, who it's run by, etc.

As for currency, I would say rupees, but maybe that's too un-original. Maybe Quills? Sefia? Emeralds?

Jayblade

Previously AceTrainerGold
maybe emeralds could work, also think Rohan created the purple thorns guild so ask him about it whenever he's on

Yeah sure thats fine with me. Farax is currently catching up with sam outside the inn so theres plently of reasons why they would bump into eachother. Or well in this sam until farax lands

*In this case

i'm here and i have a question, since this is a fantasy/RPG world i feel more than confident in saying there's magic. So how does it work? is it like a cost needing magic like alchemy in full metal alchemist, is it a mana like system where every just has a limit to how much magic they use, Or is it just "you can cast fireballs until your physically exhausted"?

Also is there a limit on what magic we can individually have or is it a so long it is not god mode thing. I have a few ideas for what powers i want to give my character but i want to run with you first.