• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Escape from Team Rocket Discussion

Hello, and welcome.
In this RP, you are a pokemon who was captured by Team Rocket. You will either escape, or have your will broken and become one of their slaves. Hopefully you can get out before it's too late...

Rules are as follows.
-Thoroughly read the Pokecharms rules before joining.
-All OOC posts go here, not on the main thread.
-Fakemon are allowed.
-No gory details are allowed.
-Correct grammar is required.
-You can only have one or two characters.

Character bio-

Nickname:
Species:
Ability:
Unusual traits:
Backstory:

My characters:

Nickname: Fury
Species: Arcanine
Personality: Loyal, protective and doesn't give up easily.
Ability: Intimidate
Unusual traits: different stripe pattern than other Arcanine
Backstory: Fury was his trainer's starter pokemon. Not long after starting their journey together, a Team Rocket grunt attacked them. Fury defended his trainer at the cost of being taken away from him, and the grunt kept him for a short time before sending him to the base. He was chained up and forced to evolve, promising himself that he would find his trainer again.

Nickname: Mint
Species: Pansage
Personality: Generous, good at stealth and scared of many things.
Ability: Overgrow
Unusual traits: none
Backstory: Mint used to live happily in the forest until he was captured by a grunt, claiming he had a 'special ability'. After weeks of trying to force Mint to battle, he gave up and sent him away for training, convinced the Pansage would battle better if it was evolved, among other things.

I've posted the RP. https://pokecharms.com/threads/escape-from-team-rocket.15563/

Last edited:
Nickname: jasmine
Species: lairion
Personality: jasmines personality seems to change within seconds
Ability: sturdy
Unusual traits: has a weaker shell then other
Backstory: was minding his business with her daughter when team rocket grabbed her and left her daughter to rot

*that* guy, you are accepted.
On another note, there are two places you can start in. The truck that drops off newly captured pokemon, or the cages that hold pokemon already captured. Which will you prefer?

Nickname: Luna
Species: Eevee
Personality: Shy, strong will, good in battle
Ability: Shadow Beam
Unusual Traits: Has black fur and silver eyes, has more moves than a regular Eevee
Backstory: Luna was in a lake in the forest when she was captured by a Team Rocket grunt and they dried her off then sent her to their hideout

Nickname: Kai
Species: Luxio
Personality: He used to be kind and humorous, but since being captured has been cold, stubborn, untrusting, and standoffish to most. He may warm up later to those he respects. His biggest weakness is his cowardice; he only picks fights that he knows he can win.
Ability: Rivalry
Unusual traits: None, that I can think of yet.
Backstory: He was caught and raised as a Shinx by a trainer, but after he evolved she left him with a "friend," promising to be back. The friend turned out to be a secret Team Rocket grunt and and captured him to bring to the organization. To this day, he thinks that his trainer betrayed him, and harbors a deep hatred for humans in general, though he has a hard time getting along with other Pokemon as well.

I'm good with starting in the cages, if that's alright.

Nickname: Rage
Species: Larvitar
Personality: Bad tempered; gets angry quite easily. Proud. He doesn't make friends quite easily due to his rudeness, but once that he considers another Pokemon as a friend, he would do whatever he needs to help it. Despite this, he'll do whatever he thinks it's better for being stronger, taking advantage...
Ability: Guts
Unusual traits: he has some scars on his purple belly. He also has purple eyes.
Backstory: He was born from an unhatched egg. For a little Larvitar, living in a dangerous mountain range was difficult, and since the other Pokemon fought for resources, he always was defeated or bullied. Since he couldn't make friends, his character became distant with the other Pokemon, always trying to achieve more experience and become stronger, and since then, he decided to name himself as Rage. He was captured by a Team Rocket while he was sleeping.

Nickname: Roku
Species: Monferno
Personality: Dark, prefers solitude
Ability: Iron Fist
Unusual traits: Flame on his tail burns with a blue hue
Backstory: Captured by Team Rocket, when his father tried to intervene he was beaten to death. Roku vowed revenge, but all of his attempts proved futile as he was easily captured by two Grunts.

Yeah, sorry, it's just that I am having problems with my computer (and I am watching the threads on my mobile), that's the reason why I have not posted yet, but don't worry, as fast as I have my computer fixed, I will post something.

Nickname: Lance
Species: Sableye
Personality: Loves to battle, gets angry easily.
Ability: Keen eye
Unusual traits: Instead of a ruby on it's chest, it has an emerald. It's eyes are rubies.
Backstory: Lance was a normal sableye, until team rocket stole it along with pokemon doctor. They forced the doctor to replace the jewels so they could show off a special pokemon. They were driving the truck on the way to the base.

So can I join? Starting at truck, after the replacement of the jewels.

They offloaded some of the Pokèmon at the base already, maybe you could take it from there? Maybe the Rocket grunts could take Lance either directly to the training arena (where most of the Pokèmon are) or to a waiting cage. If you read the previous posts, you should find a good spot to jump in!

Edit: Maybe Lance and a grunt could even walk into the room where Rage and Mint are... forgive me.