1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

English attack names

Discussion in 'Pokémon Games Discussion' started by NonAnalogue, Mar 9, 2007.

1. Courtesy of Pokemon Safari, we know the English names of Force Exert and Anticipate: they have become Force Palm and Me First. Additionally, the English font is ugly as hell, and it seems that while the Pokemon names are still in all caps, the attack names are not. Also, from Pokemon Elite, we know that Imitate is now Copycat.

Me First is freaking hilarious.

2. Linkachu

Linkachu Hero of Pizza
    Staff Member Administrator

There's just too many gags that can be involved with "Me First". What were the translators thinking? XP

"Me First!"
    "No, Follow Me!"

I see this confusing the Pokemon xp

3. What would really be stupid is to not change Reminiscent Headbutt. Do you realize how many people misspell that?

4. *Cracks up like no other*:D That's seriously funny. I'd never thought of that before...I knew Me First sounded weird, but I totally forgot about the move "Follow Me"! I see some upcoming puns/comics coming up in the near future in comics, etc. such as yours.

~wad11656/americanoob~

5. StellarWind Elsydeon

StellarWind Elsydeon Armblades Ascendant
    Staff Member Administrator

... You do realize that they probably have the same problem with the 'Return' attack. :p

*InsertPokéMonNameHere*, RETURN!
    (*InsertPokéMonNameHere* returns to its PokéBall)
    THE ATTACK, GOD DAMNIT, THE ATTACK!

#5 StellarWind Elsydeon, Mar 19, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2014
  6. So true...

#6 David Da Bomb, Mar 20, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2014