• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Endless RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
OOC: Ok now the setting is in a forest by a spring and is daytime. Oh yeah if you read my bio instead of heartless in Personality it is a kind person untill hurt or lost in a battle.

BIC:
"What a beautiful day isn't Treecko!" said alex "Tree-ck-cko" Treecko said with happyness in his voice. "Come on out marshtomp, lets go swimming!" yelled alex Marshtomp materialized into the spring. Alex fooled with his pokemon for a long time untill bedtime. Alex got bored and fell asleep. He fell asleep near the water with is pokemon in his pokeballs.

OOC: Anybody can come and reply if they want but try not to mess this topic up please!

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
OOC:

Oh dear....

Listen, I DO see potential in you for RPing. Which is not that common from n00bs. However, that post has far too much wrong with it for it to ever work here. Or indeed, anywhere with standards.

First off, this simply wont do:

Ok now the setting is in a forest by a spring and is daytime

That is not what the OOC messages are for. This is EXACTLY the sort of information you should be ladelling into your main post and with a lot more detail and description than just 'a forest'...

Where is the forest? What's in the forest? What is the forest like? Is it tall or damp? Is it spooky or serene?

You're supposed to be setting the scene that will instruct what every other contributor has to build on in introducing their own character and then building on the RP.

"What a beautiful day isn't Treecko!"

First example of something you really NEED to pay attention to, and that's detail. You might think it's a mere niggle to complain over the absence of 'it' in that sentance - but without it, you've made reading your post that much harder - and that turns people RIGHT OFF.

Also, I made it at a count of 4 uses of 'Alex' in about 7 sentances. As your English teacher will tell you, variety is key. Without it, again we all lose the will to read it.

There's also a complete lack of any description on any of the events. It's an empty post that makes people think you put absolutely no effort into writing this. Which will make people not want to put any effort into replying.

Also, Grammar, Spelling and General Good English are YOUR FRIENDS. Work with them well and people will actually enjoy being able to read your posts.

I'm giving you one chance to post that again in this topic but this time take my comments into account and make it better. If you can do that, you'll be on the road to becoming an accepted RPer.

If you fail to be able to do that, I was sadly wrong in my prediction of potential in you and you're lack of willingness to actually bother to put some effort into this will indicate fully how little respect you deserve.

--------------------------

Edit:

Also, your sig and badly inverted avatar picture are giving me a headache. Please remove/improve them, before I impose official regulations on such things.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
And believe me. You don't want that to happen. Because that would make the Stel angry. And when the Stel is angry, orange mud fish heads fly to the sky before falling into magma pits.

Thou hast been warn'd.

Status
Not open for further replies.