• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Endangered, Canned, and Returning TV shows

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Pretty sure this only incorporates North American TV shows (correct me if I'm wrong), but IGN's put together an interesting list detailing the livelihood of currently airing shows: those that are endangered of being canned, those that are definitely getting cut, and shows that are safe for another season.

The link: http://tv.ign.com/articles/121/1217714p1.html

So my question to you lot: are any of the shows that you actively watch on the Endangered or Won't Be Back lists? Happy to see some of your favourites getting another season? etc. etc. Discuss!

For me I guess I'm happy to see that Big Bang Theory is renewed, although when I'll actually bother watching anything past season 3 isn't certain. Any other shows listed I either didn't expect to see cut, don't really care for, or haven't seen enough of 'em to judge if them ending at this point is a bad thing.

All though a lot of these either aren't shown or I don't watch I'm surprised and disappointed with a few.

I am happy about American Dad and TBBT and Supernatural being renewed however HIMYM, Family Guy, The Simpsons, TaaHM and Glee are all shows that I wish were canned either because they are awful or they have run their course of time.

I was actually surprised about Desperate Housewives and House being canned I thought they would at least run for another 2 years :|

OTH is the only show I knew that was canned as channel 4 is advertising it as the last series

I'm actually pretty sad that Alcatraz is endangered and Nikita looks interesting so I suppose I'm a little sad about that.

And finally 90210 might be removed from our screens :D Just need to get rid of those other awful shows (I'm looking at you Jersey Shore)

I'm glad that 'New girl' is safe for another season. I think it's funny and always gives me a good laugh.

It's not surprise Desperate housewives is going to be canned. I thought it was just plain old stupid. Like a soap opera no one likes. It was no shock about it being canned also because of the fact tyhat it has been on the air long enough and I honestly don't want it to continue to air on tv or else my eyes will bleed.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
None of this is news to me, really. How I Met Your Mother and Big Bang Theory were signed on for two more years each from last year (thus they were always going to have at least the current seasons and next year's). House surprised me a little when it was announced, but upon reflection it's not that hard to see why they'd rule the current season to be the last.

I haven't seen/heard of most of the shows on that list, though, so the rest just don't really mean anything to me.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
As much as I love House, and it's probably one of the few TV shows I actually watch nowadays, I do agree that it's run its course with Alex.

That's pretty much it from me, since, as I said, I very rarely watch TV now. ^^;

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
So long as Big Bang Theory is there, I shall be happy ♥

I actually didn't realise Desperate Housewives was still on until the other day when I encountered an episode I'd never seen. I think I stopped watching after season five. I used to really like it, and I can't remember why I never started watching season six, but I can't believe it's still on, they must have run out of new stuff to write ages ago surely :?

I always meant to watch Terra Nova, but never got round to it~

I heard that House was canned. :/ So sad; I loved the show, but... well, yeah, it's been fun, but now it's just the same thing over and over... er, well, okay, maybe not the last season. That's pretty new. But, regardless, I'll miss House-- it always managed to hook me somehow.

NOOO!!! TeraNova!!! They're canning it?!?! and right in the middle of the season too.... hmmm I'm hoping another station will take it because I'm actually a big fan of the show. Also Fringed?! although I havent really gotten into the current season I really like this show... I worry about it.

I'm glad 90210 is finally leaving. And I'm sure my sister will be overly ecstatic that glee is staying. But I guess that I can be happy with bones, SPN, Secret Circle and Once upon a time for now.... But I really wanted teranova to come back... and I dont even get to have it on netflix... so thats a bummer too... Guess I'll just have to wait to see if another station takes it or not... :'| hmmm.. I wonder about Lost girl and Being Human... I hope those two are staying at least.