• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Elemental Tournament

Apollo sat on the roof staring at the moon. " It's funny right?" He asked himself. "How can someone be so lucky to know so much?" He said. "I was born with my elementals, darkness and Light, thee perfect balance they would say." He thought. "But they were wrong!" He yelled at the sky. "My powers are nothing but a curse. After I killed my parents they shunned the so called holy child and I was forced to run away. I am a reverse solar panel the moon gives me my dark power to absorb light and abolish it, while it's pitch black I use my light power as a mode of attack." He said. "Why couldn't I have just been normal.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Edwind started to gasp for air and shouted, "Wait what happened?" After he calmed down he then politely asked everyone in the room, "No seriously, what did I miss and how long was I out?" He was very confused, a little dazed, a his cheeks hurt after being slapped for three times, even though he never knew he was slapped.

"Here drink this" Ben said as he gave him the teadicine *silence* "Oh my GOSH shut up you perverted plant!!" Ben then walked to the bathroom and grabbed the Ficus "This is battery acid and it'll melt you face off!" he then proceeded to take a liter out of his bag and burn it "BURN YOU PESKY PERVERTED PLANT... PTERADACTLY! "Anyways Apollo was talking about how none of us know why we have our powers, I'm blind but can see through the ground like Toph from Avatar, and I just commited murder."

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Edwind took Winter's signal and went back to sleep in his bed. He felt a little exhausted from levitating Ben and was so painfully confused after waking up. He dreamed that he was at an altar and was offering some of his dark energy. He then thought about something, I guess Apollo really is a living contradiction, but its a balanced contradiction, I wonder if my Wind element adapted to keep me in check from being fully possessed by my darkness.

Winter tossed and turned in her bed as she dreamt about her parents.... "Mom I need to know why I have the water element" Winter asked as she sat at the table having tea with her mom as her father was busy in the office and her brother was training " Well honey we can't tell you why" her mother Diana stated while taking a sip of the tea while Winter satbacross from her with an angry expression "mom you always say that" Winter yelled as she stood up and pounded the table with her hands "Well sense you really wanna know you got those powers from killing your grandfather" Diana calmly said to her daughter while Winter stood there with a shocked look placed on her face the room then slowly disappeared into darkness...

Ben then took the ashes and threw them out"Good night." Ben whispered. he then proceeded to have a dream in a oasis in a desert "Well this is nice." Ben said sitting on a rock "Mary, Mark, Luke, and John bless the bed that I lie on" Ben receited "Now that I can control this... show me Maria!" Ben yelled. And then a hispanic girl showed up "Hi sis I miss you." She turned around "Miss you too lil'Bro." The girl then made a rock come up to sit on. "So how are you doing?" The girl said "Nothing much just made some friends. How are you doing." Ben replied "I'm warm, just with my friends." And the conversation continued.

Winter woke up gasping for air " there's no way I killed grandpa..." Winter muttered as she tried to go back to sleep but failed so she got out of bed and opened the window in their room to let the cold breeze in " that's much better" Winter quietly said to herself as she later back down in her bed trying to get back to sleep

Apollosat on the roof waiting for something interesting to happen. "Never thought doing nothing would be so boring." He said to himself as he looked towards the moon. "I'm sorry" said a voice from behind Apollo. "Huh? Who's there?" He asked as he turned around to see no one. "It's me again." It said. "Oh, it's just you." Apollo said as he turned once more to see his shadow. "I'm sorry." It repeated once more. "We've gone over this you don't have to be sorry." Apollo said. "I'm sorry." It said again as it stared at Apollo. Apollo groaned and then sat down on the ground again. "Light banish." He said quietly as a ray of light shot towards the shadow getting rid of it. "It's getting out of hand." He said as he sat there staring at the moon once more.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Suddenly, Edwind started to dream about his darkness element. He saw what he called, "Dark Edwind", which was the state of him being possessd by dark energy. He saw his dark controlled self destroy three houses and kill a family. A stranger tried to hold him back but He was met with a jab to a punch, he only lived that day due to Dark Edwind sparing him because of his bravery. But this wasn't just a flashback to what happened that night, the Dark Edwind then came towards the dream manifestation of Edwind and whispered in his ear, "I'm coming, perpare yourself." He then woke up whilst heavily breathing, scared if what happened in his dream would be reality.

Winter couldn't go back to sleep so she got out of bed and sneaked into Edwinds room once she got inside she walked right up to Edwinds bed and shook him hoping to wake him up " Edwind wake up" Winter quitely mumbled

sSoul

Previously Swirled
"I'm already awake," Edwind said tiredly, trying not to sound rude or grumpy, "Couldn't sleep either huh." It made him secure in the regard that he wasn't the only one who was having nightmares. He kept the dream with Dark Edwind in the back o his mind, trying to forget about it. "So, what happened?"

Apollo was still sitting on the roof and he eventually got bored. "Screw this, time to spy." He said as he phased through the roof. "Hmm, who's turn is it tod-." He stopped once he hit Edwind's room. "Hehe." He said as he phased through the ceiling and whispered "shadow mimicry." As he turned into Winter's shadow and listened in on the conversation. "This'll be interesting."

"I found out about how I received my powers" Winter softly said the tears slid out of her eyes as she hugged Edwind and cried on his shoulder "i killed my grandfather as a baby and his water element was given to me..." Winter stated as she cried

"When I was a child my parents told me my grandfather was ill but they lied to me in my dream my mother told me I killed my grandfather when I was just a baby but that doesn't explain anything" Winter said as she released Edwind from the hug and slowly paced around the room "if my grandparents had these powers my mom should too" Winter mumbled to herself

sSoul

Previously Swirled
"I'm sorry to hear that." Edwind said, brought to the brink of tears himself; he didn't like seeing people he cared about lose people they care about. He sensed Apollo's presence in Winter's shadow and said, "Come out Apollo, I know you're there." He then thought about saying his own nightmare, but he advised against it as he thought no one needed to hear it yet.

"Edwind I don't wanna fight you in the tournament" Winter sadly said as she sat on his bed and looked at him with her ice cold eyes she then held his hand in hers and smiled sadly

Ben woke up to see no one so he walked over to Edwind's room "Hey Apollo, Winter,Edwind. I just talked to my sister... so what *yawn* are you doing?" He then sat on the floor "So what are you guys doing?"

"What?!" Apollo announced as Edwind and Ben both noticed his presence. "Okay Edwind has a dark elemental I understand that, but plant boy over here can see me!" He yelled confused.

Winter rolled her eyes at Bens presence in the room "Ben go back to sleep were having grown up talk" Winter commnded her friend as she laughed at Apollos name for Ben

"Oh I can feel the ground under Winter's shadow and it feels slightly heavier, so you need to lose weight if you want to use the full potential...and the *yawn* fact that I feel the ground better when my eyes are closed and I'm still regaining my sight from your laser show." Ben then stood up and looked at Winter "Ok mom, love you." He said so tired he almost fell asleep on the floor

sSoul

Previously Swirled
"I don't want to fight you either," Edwind whispered under his breath, realizing he never wanted to fight anyone here, "I had a dream or a vision whatever you prefer to call it, anyway in it I had a flashback of when I was possessed by my dark element or as I call it "Dark Edwind" anyway, I watched as he killed everyone in the village and then he told me he was coming and I needed to prepare myself." He ignored Ben's sleepy nonsense and turned his attention to Winter and Apollo, "I don't know what he means but I'm terrified."

" I'm gonna murder him" Winter muttered as she went over to Ben's sleeping body and picked him up she then placed the sleeping boys body on his bed before going back to Edwinds room and sitting next to Edwind to discuss certain problems

"The dark elemental, it sees joy in that." Apollo said focusing back on Edwind. "Mine is similar except it doesn't threaten or kill." He explained. "He's more like a depression filled shadow of me. Luckily I can banish him for a while using my Light elemental." He said. "Where I grew up I was called the holy child, and I never understood why until I discovered my true power."

Last edited:
Ben laughed "Heh Dark Edwind, ok Edgelord." "I don't wanna fight you guys either... I'm also gonna see you in your dreams if that's ok." Ben mumbled not realising he was in his room. Ben then stood up and fell asleep on the carpet with a green blenket wrapped around him "How to go asleep part-" but before he could finish his sentence he was already asleep

sSoul

Previously Swirled
"Huh so your dark self is a depressed shadow devoid of all hope and happiness while mine is a murderous monster and can and likely will posses me at any given moment." Edwind reasoned, getting more scared than he thought possible, what if Dark Edwind took control took control of his body now? He never knew what could happen, he then asked Apollo, "So since I have no element of light, how do I manage Dark Edwind?"

"Well thinking about it maybe my dark self is scared of my other elemental, it being a counterpart, thus making it not want to confront me." Apollo said as he stared into Edwind's eyes. "There is a possibility that your dark self sees your second elemental as weak, thus making it want to become the dominant half of you." He explained. "But thats just a thought, there could be an infinite pool of reasons as to why your dark self is so violent."

sSoul

Previously Swirled
"That's a likely theory, I think my dark self sees me, as the weaker version mostly because I don't want to hurt any of my friends, maybe it's part of the dark element's nature to be aggressive." Edwind reasoned, hoping he wouldn't hear voices in his head telling him to be more cruel. He then looked at his right and left hand, his right hand, at the moment representing wind and the left hand representing dark. In short , the left hand is trying to become the dominant hand, and he needs to make sure that the right hand stays the dominant hand. "What if I start hearing Dark Edwind's voice and start thinking his thoughts?"

" You guys are so edgy" Winter said as she hugged Edwind and giggled "Well sense were awake let's go train" Winter suggested as gave Edwind a quick kiss on the cheek and left to go to her room and change

"Actually, Winter might be onto something." Apollo said still focused on Edwind. "Come fight me one v one with only our dark elementals. That might help me see how yours works exactly." Apollo said.

"Hi mom, I killed the Ficus..." Ben mumbled "Are you training? I wanna join!" Ben got up and got dressed "When we go to sleep I'm gonna visit you guys ok!" Ben put on his Gi and went outside "Now I just have to wait."

Winter changed out of her sleeping outfit and into a white and blue dress she then switched her socks to her blue wedges then grabbed her Rapier and headed for the training grounds

Apollo went outside to the training grounds still in his hoodie. "I don't have battle ready clothes." Apollo joked as he threw on his hood. "Full Dark mode activated." He said as he was surrounded by a dark glowy aura. "Where's Edwind?" He asked Winter and Ben.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
He then ran down and managed not to trip. He then apologized," Sorry about that, I had to calm myself before we start. Now we can begin!" Edwind then released a large discharge of dark energy to make sure that Apollo and everyone else could feel it. He waited for someone to make a move, and hope they would find the root of whatever causes Dark Edwind to take control or at least attempt to.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Edwind attemped to block it but he failed and got pushed back, "That was good but now try this." He then gathered dark energy and unleashed a flurry of attacks on Apollo and then finished of the assault with a blast, "I call that attack the Umbra Rush." He saw Winter throw the snowball at Ben and couldn't suppress his laugh, though it sounded a little maniacal, "Where did that come from?"

"I thought you were putting on black lipstick Edwi-." Ben said as he got hit by the snowball "Oh so that's how it is" he said as he grew vines around Winter's feet "Take this!" He said as he threw a snowball at her

"The darkness is controlling." Apollo said as he jumped up into the air. "Light absorbtion!" He yelled as he created a bubble of darkness between him and Edwind. "Find me in the darkness, lets see how the element reacts." He said.