• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Elemental Legends (Sign-Ups/Discussion)

What's your favorite interpretation of Dracula?

• Classic 1897 Book

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Dracula (Hotel Transylvania)

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Antasma (Mario and Luigi: Dream Team)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dracula (Castlevania - Netflix Series) [Which is awesome - go watch it]

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Main RP
Legends. Myths. Ancient tales. We all love them. Whether they be tales of godly heroics, ballads to inspire, or warnings to not go out into the night, there are a lot of them from the old days. And all of these stories have characters remembered by thousands. King Arthur. Zeus. Count Dracula. But, of course, these tales are just that - tales. They couldn't have basis in actual fact...
...could they?
Ancient heroes and villains from the tales exist. They are REAL. And possess powerful elemental magic. They know a threat is coming. And soon, a group with a natural penchant for magic will learn what the rest of the world cannot - the magic of these creatures, and the threats that some of them pose.

So that's the basic concept of the RP. I'm going to be classifying the characters of the RP into two different groups - Mentors and Apprentices. Mentors must have some basis in legends, myths or oral tales. Apprentices are just original characters, people of the modern era of 2017. Who, of course, will meet the Mentors and learn their magic. I'm taking suggestions for Mentors, and of course people other than I can take them. There's a limit of one Mentor per person, unless circumstances demand otherwise. No limit on Apprentices - just try not to make too many.
Oh, I should also mention that there are eight different classifications of magic - Light Magic, Dark Magic, Fire Magic, Water Magic, Electric Magic, Nature Magic, Earth Magic and Wind Magic.
Mentors:
Count Vladimir Dracula Tepes (@Eeveechu151)
Merlina - Descendant of Merlin (@Godjacob)
King Arthur Pendragonv
Heracles Olympus
Frankenstein's Monster (@Mewtwofan259)
Dull Ahan (@koopa000)

Apprentices:
Warren Belmont (@Eeveechu151)
Petunia Tepes [maiden name Belmont]
Silas Raven (@Eeveechu151)
Jesse Frankenstein (@Mewtwofan259)
Maria (@Clementina)
Alonzo Al Sadd (@SismicFlareCharmander)
Devin McKnight (@Godjacob)
Claire Celty (@koopa000)
Thomas Mallory (@Ry_Burst)
Name:
Original Source: (where the character comes from)
Magic Type:
Race: (some Mentors may not be human, i.e. Dracula and Heracles)
Magic Level: (how powerful the Mentor's magic is)
Unique Magic: (a magic spell usable only by this Mentor)
Artifact: (an item bound to the Mentor's soul that can boost them in some way)
Magic: (the magic spells that a Mentor knows)
Residence: (where they live)
Name:
Magic Level: (how strong the Apprentice's magic is, feel free to update this throughout the course of the RP)
Unique Magic: (a magic spell usable only by this Apprentice)
Artifact: (optional, an item bound to the Apprentice's soul that can boost them in some way)
Magic: (the magic spells that an Apprentice knows)
1) Follow the regular Charms rules.
2) Before joining, if I haven't RPed with you before then you'll need to submit a sample of previous RP work for approval into the RP.
3) You can only have one Magic Type.
4) Don't just have your character start off knowing a Mentor, nor have the Mentor just come and find them for no reason.
5) FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, NO ONE-LINERS! Please don't produce a shit-post just because you feel like someone has to keep the RP moving.
6) Put Pinapple in your Apprentice's Likes to prove you've read the rules.
7) Feel free to tell me if there are any rules that you think should be here but aren't.
So feel free to get crack-a-lacking!

Last edited:
I'll throw down my two sheets, just to give you guys an idea of what they should be like.
Name: Vladimir Dracula Tepes
Original Source: Dracula
Magic Type: Dark
Race: Vampire (chemically altered)
Magic Level: 9
Unique Magic: Bat Wraith (transforms into a swarm of 50 bats, each bat contains 2% of soul power, can form into multiple weaker versions of himself)
Artifact: Vampire's Ballad (sword infused with soul-stealing magic)
Magic: Phantom Dash (transforms into a shade and moves at rapid speeds, think Ruby from RWBY's super dash but black instead of red), Shadow Warp (sinks into a shadow to teleport to another within eyesight), Artifact Summon (shifts artifact into alternate dimension and summons to Dracula, artifact returns to main dimension when arrived), Skybolt Strike (summon lightning from the sky to strike where Dracula points), Fire Blast (shoots a blast of fire from hands), Gone with the Wind (summons a mini-tornado around Dracula and teleports him away, mini-tornado disappears once Dracula is gone)
Residence: Dracula Mansion
Dislikes: The Catholic Church, Archbishops, the Sun, Crosses, Garlic, Dracula Superstitions
Name: Silas Raven
Magic Type: Dark
Magic Level: 0 (knows no magic yet)
Unique Magic: Shadow Burst (creates large burst of shadow energy that does more damage to the soul the closer the foe is, creates immense knockback) [unlocked later]
Artifact: n/a
Magic: n/a (knows no magic yet)
Dislikes: People enforcing their religious beliefs on him, being told what to do, fate
@SismicFlareCharmander

No, Apprentices cannot have confirmed knowledge of Magic beforehand. However, they can have suspicions and hear of magic. That's what gets my character, Silas, to go to Dracula's Manor after all. And sure, add a personal backstory! I have no problems with it.

Humans require their soul being chemically or magically unlocked before they can use magic, Sismic. So until meeting a Mentor, an Apprentice wouldn't have magic. Yours could THINK they have magic, when they really don't - not until meeting a Mentor, at least.

Name: Frankenstien's Monster.
Original Source: Frankenstien.
Age: 199 (Celebrating his 200th birthday on March 11th of next year.
Magic Type: Earth
Race: Zombie.
Magic Level: 8.
Unique Magic: Can raise the dead to make zombies to fight for him.
Artifact: Dagger that can draw blood from immortals.
Magic: Can stomp the ground, causing it to shake. Spikes will come up from the ground, towards his opponent. (Imagine Groudon's Preipice Blades, but less extreme.) Can generate electricity from underground and shoot it out of his hands. Various other earth based spells that involve taking chunks from the ground and molding them into different weapons. Able to form the earth around him into a bit of a cacoon that proteccts him from attacks. (But only for 10 seconds.)
Residence: Frankenstien's old mansion.
Dislikes: Fire, Frankestien.

Apprentice
Name: Jessie Frankenstien (Decendant of the original Victor Von Frankenstien.)
Magic Type: Earth.
Magic Level: 0 (As of right now.)
Unique Magic: Steel Bending.
Artifact: N/A
Magic: N/A
Likes: Science (Plans to follow the family bloodline and be a scientist.) Chemistry, Mythology, Exploring, ANIME.
Dislikes: All T.V. shows that aren't Anime.

It's got some gore and language in it, but the writing and animation is just amazing. I'm also taking inspiration from the show's interpretation of Dracula for my version.

Name: Maria Leonora
Magic Type: Light
Magic Level: 0
Unique Magic: Divine Illusion, [Bend light to create Illusions, anything she wants really, however she needs to keep concentrating on the illusion, if not it will break]
Artifact: N/A
Magic: N/A
Likes: Her parents, Pinnaple [Not really], Helping other people, Her parents and her sister.
Dislikes: Darkness, Being unable to help, Being underestimated.

That day in Maria's home the light failed, she was in her bed awaken in the middle of the darkness, she never liked darkness, she was scared and at that moment the only thing she wished was for a little bit of light, losing the battle against sleep she closed her eyes, seeing only more darkness, the only thought in her mind was a little bit of light, and in a mere second her eyes weren't completely in darkness, she could see a shade of yellow, so she opened her eyes and saw a ball of light, "D-did I do this?" she pondered to herself, she was paralized looking at the ball of light, fascinated by what she created, as she moved her hand the light moved as well, however she was too sleepy to think about it, "Just a dream..." she thought, and she closed her eyes.

Last edited:
@Clementina Right now, your character's Magic Level should be zero. In order for humans to use Magic, their soul must first be chemically or magically awakened. You'd need to encounter a Mentor before you can use your spells. Aside from that, though? It's great! Accepted.
As soon as Sismic posts his character, I think we'll have enough people to start.

No, keep the Unique Magic! It's really cool, and even if characters don't know magic they still have their Unique that they'll unlock later. And the sample's good. Again, accepted!

Alright, I have a question.

Do we have to be 100% accurate to the original legends? For example, I had in mind to make Merlin a girl. But I wanted your approval before I did that. I just figured it'd make the interactions between "her" and my apprentice character more interesting (Not romantically obviously LOL).

Again, you have final say.

No, of course you don't have to be 100% accurate. Just look at my version of Dracula! Can the "real" Dracula shoot fire out of his hands? But Merlin is traditionally male, so if you want to make a female Merlin-type wizard perhaps you should use the character Merlina (from Sonic and the Black Knight) as a basis. Merlina is Merlin's granddaughter, which could still work. If Merlin didn't find an immortality spell or something to keep him alive, then the knowledge would likely be passed down by his descendants. Just a suggestion, of course.

Name: Alonzo Al Sadd
Magic Type: Wind
Magic Level: 0
Unique Magic: Awaken (He polymorphs into a human/wolf hybrid briefly. All normal spells are still usable.) (Not yet obtained)
Artifact: A flintlock pistol, able to be affected by some of his spells. (Not yet obtained)
Magic: Windwalk (Becomes a living mass of air), Mark of the Hunter (A target is chosen, made easier to find and kill), Razorwinds (buffets an area with intense wind), Airhop (turns air solid briefly), (all are not yet obtained, more to be added)
Likes: Very rare meat, the woods, walks in the park, wolves.
Dislikes: Silver, the Full moon, sleeping.
Backstory: Many moons ago, when the Church was just a fledgling, there were Lycanthrops, men and women cursed with the ability to become beasts. Some accepted their curse, learned to control it, intermingling with humans and passing down a dormant curse through the ages. And yet the Church chose to focus instead on fictional witches and vampires, instead of a threat much closer. To hunt witches, they began to imitate the few true witches they found, granting the special privileges of using magic to a select few, who, with their souls awakened, chose instead to fight the real threats of demons, hags and cultists. Alrenzo Sadd was one of those men, whose line lasted so long, while the Order of the Awakened fell, becoming story, to legend, to myth before being forgotten. Alrenzo's line weathered for many years, as did the Lycanthropes, before the birth of Alonzo Al Sadd, with the blood of both flowing through his veins.

Ah, I see.

So if I used Merlina as the master, I would reference Sonic and the Black Knights as the source? Just checking before I make my bios.

Well, you'd still be referencing the Arthurian legends, but SatBK as a source would also work. ...although that could be slightly redundant, since Black Knight is based on the Arthurian legends.

Alright, I'll just use the Arthurian legends as a source.

.....did you have a specific source in mind or could I just say Arthurian Legends. Last question I swear LOL

I'm sorry!

I'm working on it right now, but my dad keeps calling me away every five seconds to do some cleaning.

I'm working as fast as I can. Sorry for the delays!

Here it is!

Name: Merlina
Original Source: Arthurian Legends
Magic Type: Nature Magic
Race: Human
Magic Level: 10
Unique Magic: Roots of Creation (Creates and manipulates large plant/tree roots)
Artifact: Crest of Camelot (Crest-shaped necklace that draws energy from surrounding animals and plants)
Magic: Flora Burst (Summons a large flower that can blast magic energy), Kingdom Call (Summons nearby animals to help fight), Razor Winds (Generates strong wind currents and dozens of leaves to use as projectiles)
Residence: Great Britain (Museum of Camelot)
Dislikes: Dishonor, Pollution, Technology

Name: Devin McKnight
Magic Type: Nature
Magic Level: 0 (Does not know magic)
Unique Magic: Nature's Armor (Covers his whole body with plant/tree roots to act as an armor and enhance physical capabilities; unlocks later)
Artifact: N/A (For now)
Magic: N/A (For now)
Dislikes: Bullies, Outdoors, Physical Activity

So Merlina is counted as Ageless just because she doesn't want people to know her age, right? Going with the assumption that this is a descendant of Merlin.
Oh, and accepted.