• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS Electrode help.

I'm devising a team to try and completely crush one of my friends, and I fell upon the idea of an Electrode. I've always loved the little buggers, despite their explosive natures (no pun intended), and thought that I might be able to use one to my advantage. This was my overall idea for a special sweeping Electrode.

Electrode @ ? (Damp Stone?)
Timid Nature (+Speed, -Attack)
EVs: 252 Speed, 252 Special Attack
Thunder
Hidden Power [Ice]
Rain Dance
Explosion

I'm not intending for the thing to take hits, or get hit nevertheless, but I was hoping for it to be able to dish enough damage to be able to take out at least one Pokemon before exploding (literally). Perhaps if he were behind a Drifblim substitute? I'm simply seeking out advice for a good Electrode move set.
Thanks, all, for looking at my topic. ;-)

I wouldnt try to make him the dancer, bring him in after rain starts and use the extra slot for a support move for your team. Like Reflect or Light Screen. Use a Life Orb to maxe out your dmg since your gonna boom anyway.

(Max atk evs to make sure your Boom takes down even Blissey)

I wouldnt try to make him the dancer, bring him in after rain starts and use the extra slot for a support move for your team. Like Reflect or Light Screen. Use a Life Orb to maxe out your dmg since your gonna boom anyway.

(Max atk evs to make sure your Boom takes down even Blissey)
Would there be any good moves to replace Hidden Power [Ice] with? I've bred so many, and I don't really want to train them all to level 50 to try and get one that has Ice as its HP. And - are there any suggestions for a good rain-dancer? The only Pokemon I've planned to have on my team as of now are Electrode and Umbreon.

I find ludicolo makes a good rain dancer. But Raindance shouldnt be part of your team if your not planning on using it for a bunch of pokes. id say just put Tbolt in place of thunder. For the HP thing, its mostly for a great cover move if you dont want to have to blow up on Ground types, Swift, Taunt, Toxic and return are all viable moves.

If you WANT HP Ice, but don't want to rise all the voltorb, take a bunch of Newly hatched Voltorb (6 for maximum effect)into a lv 100 IV battle.

You enter the stats level, nature, and species of your pokemon to get its IVs and its Hidden power Type.

But will it hold true through to an Electrode, is the real question I have if I did that? I know I'm being uber picky here, but I feel that a strong effort might lead to nothing. But HP Ice would, really, be the best choice on him, I think, for a sweeper.

Question two:
If I invest 252 EVs into Attack for maximum explosion, where to the other 258 go?

I'm not sure. Ask Ruko, or someone else who knows a lot about EVs. it might, as its the same pokemon, just evolved.

Maybe invest 252 in Sp. Atk for maximum powered thunderbolt? Invest the other 6 in speed?