• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Elder Tales- Truth Seekers Guild

This is based on Log Horizon, it takes place in the American Server; Great Wan, in the city of Tiny Stone. I explain everything in the discussion thread.
DISCUSSION THREAD:https://pokecharms.com/threads/elder-tales-truth-seekers-guild-sign-ups-and-discussion.20874/

It was 2018, the newest expansion pack of many people's favorite MMORPG just came out; Homesteading the Noosphere. A young woman sat in front of the screen. She smiled at the fact that she beta tested the expansion pack, now she would play it with the rest of her guild. She logged in and clicked on Ryalin, her elven assassin. Then she blacked out.

A teenage looking girl signed up for this huge game. All of her friends told her to try it out, and they would help her to learn the basic mechanics. She was glad they were trying to help her out, and she heard of the sale going on due to the new expansion pack. She was ecstatic to try it out. She made her character and named her Sera. She was proud of what she created and pressed play. Afterwards, she blacked out

A man sat in the dark. He should be getting some sleep for his job in the morning, and for his college courses, but he thought he deserved a little break. Besides, tons of new players would be on tonight, the new expansion was out and people flock to play when new content comes out. He logged in and decided to play Donzo, he was his first character on Elder Tales after all. He blacked out soon after.
*****************************************************************************************************

Ryalin woke up and found herself in Tiny Stone. A city in Elder Tales, supposed to be based on Little Rock. Ryalin saw that she wasn't the only one here either. "How in the wide, wide world did we get here?" She mumbled to herself. She tried to enter the menu. Success. Log out? No, it just put the red circle with the red slash through it after she did that. Her magic bag? Yep, she could use that. It seemed like Ryalin was stuck here, she didn't mind that much though, she was stuck in her favorite game! A smile appeared on her face.

Sera ran for her dear life. She was out in the open, and monsters were attacking her. She didn't know what to do. Should she find someone to teach her? Should she hit it? She didn't know. Her friends couldn't like to do this in their past time, could they?

Donzo walked through the stater forest. He forgot that he logged out here last time he played Donzo. Well, now was the time to help new players, he guessed. Last time he played, it wasn't this real. Donzo shook his head and saw a level one player running from some brier weasels. He had to help her. He ran towards the monsters and opened his fight menu. He selected cross-slash and attacked. He was much slower than the weasels and kept getting hit. "What the hell! Why am I being beaten up by a bunch of level one brier weasels!" He said as he selected another skill. Eventually, he decided to run instead of fight. He didn't want to die, especially since he had some good items that weren't stored in the bank. "Come on girl!" He yelled to the new player, "Follow me to the town! You'll be safe there!"

Sera, thankful for his kindness, followed the warrior back to Tiny Stone.

Dead account

Previously Super Lazy Man
Major, spent some time looking at the extension pack, he left some time later, trying to log out , noticing he couldn't, he stopped smiling , that's when he noticed two people run from a weasel, he used his fight menu to one hit K.o the monster "and i thought things couldn't get worse" he muttered "are you guys okay?" He asked the two

Last edited:
"Yes. I specked into a tank build. The only reason I decided to run is to protect this young lady here." Donzo said, gesturing at the girl standing next to him. "I have a feeling this is your first experience with Elder Tales. Trust me, it usually isn't this real. Now let's get back to town, I really don't want to take a chance on dying. It could be permanent, and honestly, I really need to get back to our world. I have a job and college."

Sera nodded at the man in golden armor. "So, where are we going?" She asked.

"To Tiny Stone. If I am correct, then I might have a friend there."
*******************************************************************************************************************
Ryalin looked at her friend list. Her eyes widened in disbelief. Donzo was on. She stopped scrolling through her friends. An argument broke out between a person of the land and another player. She raised an eyebrow at the confrontation. Clearly, the poor merchant knew nothing, but the adventurer pestered him anyways. Calling for the mods, like most do when they are upset with the game. She cringed as she walked past the pest of an adventurer. She had to find the other guild members.

Dead account

"Figures, . Well, i'll be going" Major said as he started leaving he opened the guild menu and saw two people were on, Ryalin and Donzo "as they say, two heads are better than one" he chuckled to his joke as he walked towards the guild, he also said in the guild chat "guy's, going, to the guild"

Last edited:
Donzo got a message in his head. It was from a guildmate. "Um, who is this?" he asked in the telepathic link. Donzo's wolf ears twitched in confusion, although no one could see them since he placed them on hidden last time he played his wolf-fang guardian.

Sera watched the scorressor leave. She was glad that the man in golden armor saved her and stayed. He seemed to be a little on edge right now, but who wasn't. She heard him talk to himself. "Who are you talking to? I don't see anyone here."

"It's the voice chat. I think that now this is real, we hear it in our heads instead of our headphones. If you add someone to your friend list, you can chat with them as long as they are on the same server as you." He explained
Ryalin heard the message in the telepathic link. Then she heard Donzo. She couldn't help but smile. "Major, you might want to tell Donzo that you joined the guild during his absence." She commented on the end of the link.

Dead account

"O..kay, Donzo. . I joined recently? " Major said as he finally reached the guild "so, nice to meet you..i guess" he continued as he entered and sat down

Ryalin couldn't help but laugh. "Donzo is one of our members from before Jackson left to England! Oh, my word! He was on when you were a member, but you two always seemed to get off when the other comes on! Oh my, this is going to kill me! I can't stop laughing!" She said in between laugh fits.

Donzo let out a sigh. "Meet you at the guild hall then. Ryalin can you grant temporary access for someone that I'm protecting for the moment?"

"Sure! Just need her name, and I'll add her name to the list." She said while trying to stop her giggles

"What is your name?" The man in golden armor asked the young mage.

"Sera." She said as she fidgeted with her staff. He asked her an important question! They were getting to know each other.

Donzo gave the name to Ryalin, and she granted access to the young summoner.

Last edited:

Dead account

Major couldn't help but laugh, being off the moment he gets on and him being off the moment he is on, oh the irony "well, i'm waiting at the guild hall already" he said

"Ok, I'll be there shortly. Then we will wait for the other members that happen to be on right now." Ryalin said as she jogged over to the Guild Hall. At the ground floor was the bank. There everyone places their money and valuables into. If they didn't and they died, then they would lose everything. This was open to all players. Their hall was on the fifth floor of the building. She found the magic elevator and went to floor five. The opened the door to her hall and found Major sitting down. "Just waiting for Donzo." She said as the sat next to him.

Donzo led Sera to Tiny Stone. There were skycrapers in ruins with highways being the home of clusters of moss and ivy. But there were small buildings everywhere. The ruins of thier version civlisation and the people of the land's building blended perfectly. "Welcome to Tiny Stone, Sera. This is like a scoend home to me." He said with a huge smile.

Sera couldn't help but smile to as she saw all of the sights for the first time. "Wow," She whispered.

Dead account

"Well, i guess..." Major responded, waiting for the other two "now i know why i avoid being on at the same time has others.." he thought

XanthousXatu

Previously SwiftSwoobat
Pen Pals Mia Morreson and Leonardo Piemont were sucked into a VR game that they loved. Mia woke up in a city, she was in a crowd, she wasn't Mia anymore -- she was EonNeon, her username. Leonardo went under Leo Helemenor, and they both spawned together. "Um... Leo... this isn't virtual reality... we're stuck....", Mia felt tears coming in. "Oh grande…", Leo sarcastically said," It's like that one anime I've watched..." Once Mia was done bawling, they approached a group people. "Um... hi... wait... are you in my guild?", Leo questioned Major.

Dead account

Major yawned due to boredom, he was surprised to be approached by some players "if your here then yes, i am in the guild... I've been here for a long time now..." he said, still yawning
((Also, this is a pc game, not vr))

XanthousXatu

Previously SwiftSwoobat
"Oh... well-", Leo was cut off by Neon," I'm the secretary! I just need you to sign this right here..." She pointed to a sheet of paper that had a ton of words in a tiny print, with a signature on the bottom. "It'll help our guild!", she said. Leo smiled at Neon, usually she wasn't so cheerful.

(OOC: SwiftSwoobat, please change the VR thing. Elder Tales is a PC game made in 1998 before VR was even thought as a good idea {Nintendo's VR system that only showed red})
BIC: Raylin looked at the sheet. "I need to know what I'm about to sign before I sign it." She said as she tried to take the paper from Neon.

Donzo walked with Sera through the town. He was showing her the sights before they met up with the others. Maybe have a meal before then. Sera's stomach growled and Donzo looked at her. "Hold on I'll make something." He opened a menu and selected a meal. It came out like a purple goop. "I'm sure it tastes fine," Donzo said nervously.

Sera tried the goop then spit it out. It was horrid! "I don't think I'm going to eat this. It's horrable!"

A young woman could be seen at her computer as she readied her computer for the new expansion pack. After looking through what the expansion pack will bring to the table in the update, she was looking forward to it, even though the updates seemed small. After starting up the game, she found herself losing consciousness fast. She wasn't able to stay awake and fell fast asleep at her desk.

After having chose her character, she woke up... As her character. Looking at her body, she quickly got up and looked at her surroundings. She tends to leave the game running while her character is sitting somewhere in 'AFK' mode. Looking about, she found herself in her bedroom in her guild. She forgot she left the game running and it booted her after some time of leaving it on for 3 hours with her character in the sleep animation on her body. Looking at her body some more and feeling the sheets, something didn't feel right about this. Granted, she loved the game and would feel immersed in it at times, but for some reason everything felt more real than she would have liked. It seemed like she wouldn't be able to be in 'AFK' mode at all.

Stretching a bit, she got up, feeling her armor tightly hug her, but kept from hindering her movements. Wondering if she's able to do any acrobatics, she ran at the wall and jumped at it to then kick off it with one foot. She did a double somersault before landing perfectly on her feet, just like a cat. Smiling a toothy, wicked smile, she felt like this expansion pack was worth it after all. Maybe this is what the expansion pack meant as "more immersive gameplay". It definitely feel more immersive. She then left her room...

Donzo and Sera came to the guild hall. "Home sweet home. Well, in the game at least." Donzo said, while looking at the small girl beside him. He entered the hall, with Sera running behind him. He went to the fifth floor and entered the second door on the left. "Here you are, my lady." Donzo joked. Sera smiled and entered the hall.
Her jaw drooped at the sheer size of the hall. The walls were white with pictures of flowers and pictures of people along the walls. There was a green couch against one wall and a coffee table in front of it. on the opposing wall, there was a fireplace with no fire going. Next to the fireplace, there was an archway that led to what looked like a kitchen from where she stood. and in front of her was another archway that led to a hallway full of doors. "How is this so big when-" Sera started until Donzo cut her off.
"Game logic. Guess we are still using that." He replied quickly. He then walked over to Raylin and the others. "Hello! The warrior dog has returned!" He said as he entered the game menu and turned hidden ears and tail off. He noticed the scorrssor from earlier. "Hello there. I think I met you in the forest."
Raylin saw the new adventurer that Donzo brought in. " She ran over to the new player. "Hello, I'm Raylin and this is my guild! I would like to offer you a place in Truth Seekers!" She said with a smile.

Dead account

"Oh no, again? So, why do you keep inviting literally every newbies you find...?" He asked , then looked over "ohh, yeah, i remember you, you were with the new one when i saved you well, nice to finally meet your existence " he continued

Donzo gave a huge laugh. "Yep, that's me! I also invite the 'newbies'. You know Raylin, loves helping the new players out," he said with a smile. He enjoyed Raylin's love for new players, it mirrored his own. He sat down next to Major. "So, how did you join? Did Raylin invite you, or was it Jackson?" He asked.

Sera was surprised by the sudden offer. "Um, I guess I'll join," She muttered. Her fox ears were laid back from nervousness. Raylin noticed this and smiled.
"We don't bite," she comforted, "I just really like helping new people like you. I promise we all will welcome you with open arms. If you want to leave at a later date, it'll be fine. Just don't come running back to us with your tail behind your legs."

Dead account

"I kind of asked to join myself" Major responded "how did you join" he proceeded to ask, slightly curious since, he never met Donzo...

"Me? Jackson invited me, before he left. I also joined about the same time Raylin did. How did you think I got such an important job?" Donzo answered. He then looked at Major. "How long have you been here? I mean someone had to invite you to join otherwise you wouldn't be in this guild. Only the Guild Master and certain select few can invite people. I'm the only person the Raylin gave the power to," Donzo said deep in thought. What was Major hiding? Why not give a straight answer?