• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Egg Hatchers: Journey Through Johto

OOC: I was on a trip, so I was busy for the past week~

BIC: It was a new day, the sun was shining. The alarm clock vibrated, waking up Reina from a deep sleep. "Huh!?" Reina smashed the alarm clock, causing it to fall down. Chimchar jumped up, startled. Luckily, it didn't break. She'd have to pay for the alarm clock if that were the case. The Kakuna was still fast asleep. Reina sighed, and started to pack up. She left the hotel room soon after.

"Is the gym open today?" Reina glanced at the building, a bright light came from the inside. "It is! Are you ready," she grabbed and hugged Chimchar, "Chim?" The ape threw his arms up in joy, and Reina allowed him to jump down. As they approached the gym, the door slammed open, revealing Falkner. "Huh?" He was startled, though Reina started to wave. "Hello, I'm here to challenge you." She gripped her bag, nervous. Falkner, relieved, responded. "Oh, you'd like to challenge me? Alright, lets do it right here!" Falkner scraped his shoe across the sidewalk, and shouted. "Go Pidgey!" Falkner's Pidgey that was on his shoulder at all times was on the ground, about to attack. "Alright, Chim. Do your best, please!" Reina told Chimchar, and he smiled. "Chim, chim, chim," he moved quickly from side to side, his punch starting to have fire, "char!" Chimchar hit the Pidgey before Falkner could react. "Oh no.." Falkner sent the burnt Pidgey into his Pokéball. "Go, Pidgeotto!" The small Pokéball released the Pidgeotto. "I specialize in flying-type Pokémon. This battle won't be a breeze for you!"

Reina realized quickly that this Pokémon was the evolution of Zack's, which was noticeably feeble. Chimchar could easily counter his Pidgeotto with his high attack power, Reina thought. "Go, Chim!" Chimchar gathered flames from his leg, alarming Falkner. Another fire type move!? My Pidgeotto won't be able to take hits from that, Falkner gathered his thoughts, planning his next move. "CHAR!" Chimchar screeched, sprinting towards Pidgeotto at fast speeds. "Pidgeotto, use sand-attack!" Falkner ordered, which the bird released large amounts of sand. The fire was put out, downgrading Chimchar's powerful move into a normal punch. Pidgeotto was injured, though had enough time to attack Chimchar. "Alright, counter with a tackle!" The tired Chim was knocked back, thrown onto the sidewalk. "Chimchar, no!" Reina was frightened.

Falkner smirked, it seemed he overestimated her. Though, Chimchar got up with one eye open. The flame on his tail became larger, "Chimchar, Chimchar Chimchar! ChimCHAR!!" Chimchar used his tail to propel himself up, and flames charged towards Pidgeotto. "Use roost, it's our only way of surviving!" Falkner was very focused, he couldn't lose. Pidgeotto stopped flying, and closed his eyes. The fire hit Pidgeotto, which would be a victory for Reina. However, the roost allowed Pidgeotto to barely survive. "Pidgey.." Pidgeotto growled. Chimchar was hit with recoil, rendering him useless in further battle. After a few seconds, Chimchar fainted. "Di- did I win?" Falkner smiled. "No," Reina returned Chimchar to his Pokéball, "I have one more Pokémon." She grabbed the other Pokéball, and released the Kakuna from his cage. "Kakuna!" He threw himself at Pidgeotto, ending the battle. Reina has won the battle.

"Congrats, that was the most fun I've had in years. Now, where is it.." Falkner looked in his pockets, eventually finding the Zephyr Badge. "Here is the first official badge of the Pokémon League." He handed out the badge. "Thank you very much, your Pokémon were very fascinating." She bowed, and obtained the Zephyr Badge. She waved goodbye, and headed to the Pokémon Center. She healed her Pokémon, and left.

Jimothy exited the Pokemart he had been shopping in, with his two eggs poking out of his backpack. One was Purple with yellow circles and the other was pink with a small cyan heart, both from his home region of Unova. His father was a police officer in Kanto so he and his mother had moved to the nearby region of Johto. He noticed someone sleeping in a tree, and taking after his father, he yelled "Oi, you can't do that! Get down from there!" I wish one of these damn eggs would hatch so I would have a Pokemon to deal with stuff like this, Jimothy thought when the person in the tree didn't wake up. As he began to walk away he noticed an eager looking girl come out of the Pokemon Center. Seeing that she had a very rare Pokemon sitting on her head, he took her for a knowledgeable trainer and approached her. "Do you know how long it usually takes for Pokemon eggs to hatch?" he asked, "I've had these two for at least a month now and they hardly even seem close to hatching."

Last edited:
"No, actually," Reina replied, "I gotten the egg when it was in the process of hatching." The Chimchar stood on her shoulder, smiling at the egg. "I'd just wait, and it'll hatch sooner than you think!" She looked over to the next route, it was the route to the next town.

OOC: Sorry for the short post.

"Ah, oh well," Jimothy said, "thanks anyway." He envied her for being able to travel where she wanted and do anything. He wished he could do the same. He walked over to a park bench and attempted to sit down, but before he could, a Tranquill swooped down and snatched Jimothy's purple egg from his bag. "Hey!" he yelled running after the Pokemon and grabbing for the egg. He chased the Tranquill around town for a little while, but it eventually got tired. The Pokemon perched on a tree branch, letting the egg fall from its talons. Jimothy dove to try and catch the egg, but he was not successful. The egg hit the ground with a thud. Jimothy feared the worst. How could an egg survive a fall like that, he thought. When he checked on the egg he noticed a small crack. The crack started growing larger and light started shining from the inside of the egg. Jimothy shielded his eyes, but when he removed his hands, he saw a small Purrloin standing in the pile of eggshells. Jimothy crouched down to the Pokemon and it cried out its name. "Hello little buddy," Jimothy said, "I guess you're my Pokemon, huh? I've never had a Pokemon before, but I'm sure it'll be real fun raising you." As he walked back to the Pokemart to buy a Pokeball for Purrloin, he couldn't help but wonder even more about what Pokemon his other egg contained. After putting Purrloin in its Pokeball, he walked into some tall grass just outside the town for his first battle. He noticed a Hoppip walking by and hurled his Pokeball near it. Purrloin popped out, ready to fight. "Purrloin!" Jimothy yelled, "use yawn!" Purrloin did as it was told, putting the opposing Hoppip to sleep. "Yes!" Jimothy shouted, "It'll be much easier to take down now! Us scratch!" Purrloin ran up to the sleeping Pokemon and scratched it with its sharp claws. The Hoppip did nothing as it was still asleep. "Nice! Scratch again!" Purrloin scratched the Hoppip once more, making it feint. "Haha! Yay, Purrloin," Jimothy told the small Pokemon, "You did it! Your very first battle and you were victorious!" Jimothy walked back to the town, happy, with Purrloin trailing behind him.

A_Normal_Snivy

Previously Team Rainbow Hope
Alex viewed the Purrlion and its trainer. She wanted to go into the grass, but that was impossible without a trainer. She looked back at the town, her red bangs fluttering against her face in the wind. She brushed them aside, and went into the pokemon lab. It was empty, aside from a small laptop computer. "H-Hello?", she exclaimed, but with no answer. With her voice echoing among the halls, it appeared that nobody was there. With further inspection, a small pad similar to the one at the Pokémon Center that allows you to withdraw pokemon sat next to the computer. This was an adopting station. With a few clicks, an egg miraculously appeared onto the pad, almost rolling off. "Oops!", she said, catching the egg before any damage could occur, "Almost lost ya!" She looked at the egg. "I have no idea what's inside of you, but whatever it is, I'll love you all the same!" And she then placed the egg into her bag, leaving the lab behind.