• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Early impressions of Xbox One/PS4?

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Likely only a handful of people can actually answer this question but I've been curious, so imma be asking.

Unlike the Wii U *coughs* I didn't bother buying either of the latest next gen consoles at launch nor find myself regretting such aside from feelings of "so shiiiiny" each time I see them in stores. Neither Xbox One or PS4 have released any games yet that scream must have and price drops are inevitable. No hurt in waiting a bit longer before finally caving.

But being a curious person, I'm wondering how satisfied or unsatisfied all of you early adopters are with these two beasts. If you've been given one or both of the consoles as gifts or have had the opportunity to play them fairly extensively, feel free to weigh in with your thoughts too. :)

Mostly I'm curious to figure out what I'm missing, if anything at this point. :p

I initially got a PS4 but do plan on eventually getting an XBONE. Eventually. I mostly got a PS4 because it was cheaper and will have more exclusives I want(ie Dynasty Warriors will have more games on Playstation than Xbox). Once I have both, getting games will mostly be a matter of which console do more of my friends have, since a large number of games will belong to both platforms and I quite enjoy being able to game with my friends.

I've really enjoyed the PS4 so far. Pretty easy to navigate and not a whole lot of clutter. While I haven't used the Twitch streaming myself, I've heard some good things about it, so I'll probably try it out when I get something I actually care to stream(mostly something I'm not utterly terrible at, like Star Wars Battlefront when that eventually comes out >>). I'm really liking the usage of irl names for friends, especially since I'm one of those guys that will often see someone on their friends list and not have a clue who they are(this is really bad on my 3DS, not so much on my 360).

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I got my lovely Xbox One on launch day and I really like it. It took a slight bit of getting used to with its interface been very different to that of the 360, but overall I like the changes and I love the friend news feed. What kept me from choosing the PS4 was part loyalty to Xbox and part my dislike of the PSN. Plus, stuff like Halo in the future. It might have been more expensive but I'm happy with my choice :)

I've not got many games (obviously!) but Ryse, Dead Rising 3 and Peggle 2 are awesome games! The Kinect can be a bit freaky (it's totally watching us all!) but I'm totally happy with the purchase and can't wait for games like Elder Scrolls online, Destiny and Titanfall :D I love my Limited Edition Day One controller, and the connectivity of the Xbox One seems much more stable. I am however glad that I still have my 360. I still enjoy the games on it and I do still probably spend more time on the 360 than the One, purely because it's so new and I still have 360 games to complete. Plus, as so few of my friends have Ones themselves I still need my 360 for the multiplayer xD

I know I don't own these consoles but I don't really like them:
XBOX ONE: WAY too expensive and isn't really worth it if you already have an XBOX 360
PS4: I'm such a nintendo fan that I even hate sony (for video games) and go on Nintendo's side completely.

and I may have only played demos of it, but I like the Wii U a LOT better than these 2.
(I also like the 3DS better than all 3)

AzureEdge

✧luzrov rulay✧
A friend of mine bought the xbox one, so I have played on it.
The only thing I like about the xbox one is that the camera for kinect is better.
The ps4 looks nice and basically it's a ps3 with extra Addons.
And plus Xbox doesn't have the genre of games I actually play.For instance there's always been more jrpgs because of sony. If there is a jrpg on the xbox it's either half done or there's extra content on the ps3.
I'm gonna get the Ps4 when a really good game comes out. For now nothing's caught my eye. Go ps4!

I know I'm a bit late, but I suppose everyone here is in the same boat because I have yet to buy either one.
Over Thanksgiving I was able to play an Xbox 360 which considering I only own outdated game consoles (i.e. Ps2, Wii, Dsi xl and that's it... I'm a deprived gamer...) 360 left an amazing impression so sometime in December to April I plan on getting A package deal for the Xbox one on Amazon.com for only 320$ which as far as I understand is an amazing price. it comes with download tokens for two assassin's creed games and a headset. Games at the top of my priorities would be Minecraft (yes I'm one of those, judge me as you wish) and destiny which seems pretty legit. I prefer Xbox because of the interface and processor, you see the PS4 console may be cheaper but xbox games come with a less hefty price tag.