• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS E-vire and Flaming Thing

Right, so, I'm about to download the Evire and Magmortar from Battle Revolution, and, I'm kind of okay with the movesets of each, but I've decided to get some opinions from the 'Charmsians. :D

Electivire @ Magnet (This is bleh, I know, but it's what it comes with.)
Adamant
Thunder Punch
Ice Punch
Cross Chop
Earthquake

No EVS. Speed and Attack, amirite?

Magmortar @ Charcoal (Again, bleh.)
Modest
Flamethrower
Psychic
Hyper Beam
Solar Beam

....no idea on what EVs to give it.

Also, for items, I tend to stray away from the choice whatnots, mostly because I'm far too lazy to get them. Try to stick to berries, or nothing, please?

Anyway, I'm mostly looking for what EV spread for each, and maybe moveset alteration.

Mmkay. Thanks :D

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
What I find funny about those two is that the PBR Electivire's moveset is brilliant, yet the Magmortar moveset is terrible. Moving on...

All Electivire really needs is a new hold item. Anything out of Expert Belt, Muscle Band and Choice Scarf should do fine. Also, you'll want 252 ATK/252 SPEED for your EVs on the thing. That's all you really need to do with Electivire.

Magmortar, however, could do with some re-arrangement:

Magmortar @ Choice Specs/Choice Scarf
Modest
Flame Body
252 SP.ATK/252 SPEED/6 HP

- Fire Blast/Flamethrower
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic/HP Ground

Magmortar itself suffers from being somewhat overshadowed by Electivire, although luckily for Maggy he doesn't suffer from having Electivire stealing his job. Fire Blast is the STAB attack of choice, although Flamethrower is viable for additional PP and accuracy. Focus Blast can severely dent Blissey and Umbreon if they come in to try and wall you, Thunderbolt will hurt Water-types severely if you can predict them switching in, and Psychic is for lack of a better move, really. If you do get the right IVs and are good at prediction, HP Ground can catch out any Flash Fire users (specifically Heatran since he is most common,) although it is a very situational addition to the set, and probably not worth the hassle of getting.