• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Dystopian RP: Malum Region

The Malum region used to be a place filled with powerful trainers. Pokemon could be easily found running through it's cities streets and kids prepairing theirselves to begin their pokemon adventure started their way every year. Those used to be great times, until the Superbia family appeared.

The Superbia family was well known as one of the most powerful ones. It's members had the most rare and powerful pokemon of them all, not to mention that the League champion spot was almost always occupied by one of them, just a few lucky trainers managed to temporally get them instead.

But everything changed when James Superbia arrived, probably the strongest trainer this family had ever raised. He took the league and, next, the power over the whole region. From Jame's point of view, it was too easy to become a trainer in Malum, even the least talented kids could attempt to it so, what was the fun in it?

He managed to build a society where being a trainer was a privilege not everyone could get. The pokemon running through the streets became everytime scarier, just like the humans owning them.

Pokemon were high valued and the pokemon traffic became everytime more common.

Worried about the situation, a secret group old trainers began it's search for young talents. They've been collecting pokemon in the dark to help them in their way as trainers and, hopefully, strong enough to defeat the Superbia family by defeating them in the league.

The idea I have for this role play is to have a different system than in other regions like, instead of defeating eight gym leaders, what trainers have to do is to travel through jungles, deserts and mountains, defeating dangerous wild pokemon or some Superbia members trying to stop the character's way to the league.

To join this RP please submit the next form:

Name:
Appearence:
Personality:
Backstory:
Team:

Name: Omega Carvine
Appearence: A Maroon hoodie covers a black t-shirt with a logo for a roller-skate company ( don't judge I skate in real life XD) and black jeans with a belt fastened with a metal belt buckle. Black sneakers with fairly worn down soles and sometimes a black and orange SnapBack hat ( see Cincinnati Bengals cap for idea).
A shock of white hair interrupted by Ginger strands. Eyes are Brown flecked with red leading into the pupils.
Personality:
Backstory: A son of celebrity actors who moved to the Blessed region. Whilst in holiday he decides to explore the Malum region.
Team: Scorch the typhlosion, Swampy the shiny Swampert, Alpha the Gengar, Siren the Milotic, Blitz the Electivire, Torn the Gliscor.

@Storybook The idea was for us to be the new trainers, but if anyone would like their character to be an old trainer it's perfectly fine.

@OmegaCarvineplays Great! You're in! Glad to have you here!

Ok, I'll leave my schedule here:

Name: Oliver Dusk
Appearence: Black hair and green eyes, tall and thin, always wearing a mischivious smile on his face. Usually wearing formal swits, even though they're ripped and old.
Personality: Flirty, carismatic and a good liar. He's the kind of person who can keep chatting with you for hours. But be careful, he is a swindler constantly searching for a new pray. He knows a lot about illusionism.
Backstory: He used to be part of a traveling circus as a magician, usually making pokemon dissapear and appear in a completely diferent place... and other lots of tricks, of course.
Everything changed when James Superbia took over the league and, with that, the region. Money began to dwindle and it was everytime harder to attract the audience. They put the most of their pokemon in sell, threw several of it's actors and, finally, closed it.
Oliver managed to keep the most lawful of the team he used in perfomances, and with him he started working in the streets, using his magician knowledge to cheat people and steal money from them.
A strange group of revolutionaries hired him to get them pokemon. He didn't really think they'd managed to do something against the Superbia even if he got them a legendary but, hey, they were going to pay him for that, how could he refuse?
Since that moment, Oliver has been stealing pokemon from unattending trainers since then.
Team:

Uka
, the Aipom (female), wears a ribbon that used to be white tied to her tail.

Name: vert zafer
Appearence: black long hair, red eyes, red markings on his face and a bit brown skin
Personality: fun but shy at first after one get's to know him very fun, funny, and creative
Backstory: from an unknown origen vert only knows these things his name, he's half pokemon, a team he has to look after and he want's revenge against the the people who made he and his team suffer
Team: a gardevior who he's dating, a lopunny and lucario who are seeing each other, a mightyena and ninetails which are married and have a baby on the way (baby one month) and a sassy mienshao

Name: Rea Hart
Appearance: Rea has long, flowing black hair usually tied in a braid, stretching down for her waist. She has ocean blue eyes, and pale white skin. Rea wears a red striped tee shirt and torn Jean overalls. Shoes make her feel crapped, so she usually goes barefoot. Rea is covered in freckles, from head to toe.
Personality: Rea is extremley sassy. She is a bit untrustworthy, manipulative, and socially awkward. From living a life on the streets, she will challenge people lots of the time and fiercely defends what's hers. She is more of a defensive player, easing her pokemon's stats when battling.
Past: Born into a extremley wealthy family, Rea thought she had it all. When she was around 7, her parents were killed in a car crash, leaving Rea alone. She developed a strong sense of independence, raising herself on the streets. That's when she met her partner pokemon, a ralts named Airlian. Arlian became her best friend, making her feel safe when she was in danger. During her time where Arlian was her only friend, she met Dawn the Leafeon and Kira the Umbreon. She has lived with them ever since.
Team:
Airlian, Kirilia. Airlian is extremley mother like, serving as the team's protector and parent. She is overprotective of Rea to the max.
Dawn, a Leafeon. Dawn is shy and quiet, serving as the brains of the team. She likes to cuddle, and will often yawn.
Kida, the Umbreon. Kira is the brawn of the team. Brave and headstrong, she serves as Airlian's number two.
I hope you like it, I'm extremley excited :)

Name: Quinn Hunter
Appearence: Quinn has golden hair that reaches to her mid-waist. She has shocking aqua eyes. She wears a violet hoodie with a black top underneath. She wears white jeans and purple takkies. A black scarf is loosely wrapped around Quinn's neck.
Personality: Quinn is somewhat shy. She's very skittish and quick to cower. But once you get to know her, Quinn will be the rudest person you know. She is also very likely to go by herself on missions or other things by herself, the reason is stated in her backstory.
Backstory: Quinn was born in a somewhat poor family. She always wished to go on adventures and explore with her brother. Unfortunately, when Quinn was five years old, her family was killed by some type of pokèmon. Being left alone, Quinn started getting used to it. She never approached travelers or any pokèmon, obviously having a fear for the creatures. She only trusted her pokèmon that she
grew up with, other than that, she'll flee in there are pokèmon around.
Team: Noble the Shiny Ninetales, Trap the Flygon, Shasta the Espeon, Blue the Shiny Houndoom, Whirl the Dragonite and Thunder the Luxray.

Last edited:
Name: Danny Daranian
Appearence: Danny has short, dark blonde, very curly hair. He wears a lime green baseball cap with a Pokeball logo on it. He wears a lime green T-shirt with a light blue stripe down the middle. He wears dark blue jeans and olive-green sneakers. He aslo wears a dark brown backpack. (Or you could just look at this picture: [ http://xxst3r30xx.deviantart.com/art/Danny-Daranian-610781651 (Danny Daranian) ] that I drew of him.)
Personality: Danny is very shy and doesn't make friends easily. He has difficulty trusting people until he knows them very well. He doesn't like battling Pokemon but is fairly decent at it.
Backstory: Danny was never any good at catching Pokemon. He never had any until his father decided to retire from Pokemon battling, and gave Danny his own team of Pokemon to keep. His father, later, had to go on an important business trip to the Malum region, and he insisted on bringing Danny along, saying it would be a "fun and unique experience." Until, of course, James Superbia arrived.
Team:
-Curtis, a Lucario and the main battler of the team
-Viktor, a Gastly and the "last resort" of the team
-Jeff, a young Mudkip who is seriously stronger than he looks
-Lucien, a shiny Rotom and the oldest Pokemon in the team
-Spencer, a Riolu who is Curtis' younger brother
-Alexa, a Mienshao who is currently dating Curtis
(You could check my DeviantArt profile, I've drawn pictures of all of the Pokemon in his team)

Hey guys! Sorry for the late response. I'm so happy you wanted to join!

@detlow123 I'm sorry, but I'm afraid I will have to say no to your form. I feel a bit uncomfortable with a trainer dating his pokemon and the fact that he is half pokemon is too OP for the RP.

@Starfall Pefect! So happy you joined n_n

@Kitsune477 Everything okay! Anyways, I would like you to think about an explanation for your character to have such rare pokemon (the shiny ones, the Flygon and the Dragonair). I don't have any issue with you keeping them as long as you give an explanation about how she got them and what she had to go through to keep them (keep in mind that just being a trainer is actually pretty hard in this region). Thanks for joining!

@xX$t3r30Xx Looks okay, acepted!

I think we could get started... I'll opening the RP soon

*SCREAMS LIKE A BANSHEE* DONT FORGET MEEEEE!

...hi...
Anyway:

Name: Lady Skyland
Appearance: Dark red hair, soft gray eyes, pale skin. She where's button up shirts with a blue jacket over top, white skinny jeans and black converse. Oh, and her ridiculously long, silver scarf.
Personality: Happy-Go-Lucky, kind and helpful. But, say the wrong thing and you'll have a steely-eyed, emotionless, "get in my way and I'll slit your throat" kind of person.
Backstory: she grew up in Kalos, where her father resides as Champion. She came to this region when she was seven with her mother, who took her from her father. Lady tries to stay happy, but it's hard to when she is trapped in a region with no way to return to her father with her Pokemon in tact.
Team:

- Potchy the Mightyena: The breed son of Ego Skyland's, Grace. Wears a pink tingley bell collar (Level 30)
-Iggy the Magikarp: He was found abandoned by his trainer and Lady took him in merely a few weeks before this takes place. (He is level 18, for evolution purposes)
-Claire the Purrugly: Likes to sleep, and has an attitude towards others. Was raised by Lady from an egg that her mother gave her. (Level Twenty)

Last edited:
Well, the two rare pokèmon Quinn has was from her family and best friend, her best friend gave her a Trapinch, witch she obviously evolved into a Flygon and her brother gave her a Dratini egg, witch Quinn hatched and evolved.

Noble was Quinn's first Pokèmon, she found him under a bridge. Blue she found with a pack of Houndour and Houndoom.

Is it fine?

@LadyLucs Perfect! Of course you can join! You did it just at time (and I noticed a little bit late), I'm about to open the RP thread.

@Kitsune477 I guess it's okay, but to keep coherence in the RP I want to ask you if you could add some short anecdotes about some though moments your character had to pass to keep them. You don't necessarily have to post them here, but eventually write about them in the RP itself.

Name: Kronos
Appearence: Red and black shirt, brown eyes, wearing a brown trench jacket, buzzed hair cut
Personality:always looking for the next battle, energetic, ready to meet new pokemon
Backstory: originally from hoenn move to kalos with his friends his goals are to meet new pokemon and see all the mega evolution pokemon along capture legendary pokemon to add for the pokemon league in all the regions but now he head to the ALOHA region to see what next adventure await for him.
Team: S! Charizard Swampert Luxray Gallade S! Metagross Garchomp

Sorry if I'm late, here's my application:

Name: Willow Laker
Appearence: Willow has tanned skin, flowing red hair often kept in a ponytail with three royal blue ribbons, and vibrant green eyes that have a dangerous glint in them. She wears a white tank top, slightly baggy blue jeans with a black belt, black and blue sneakers, fingerless black gloves, and has a black bag slung around her shoulder. She has freckles on her face and arms, but they're not to noticeable with her tan. Her body is covered in fresh and faded scratch marks.
Personality: Willow is a bit of a brute. She's loud-mouthed, prideful, and sharp-tongued. Sassy and never one to back out of a dare, she's someone you don't mess with without consequences. She's excellent at keeping promises, but not one to keep secrets. She has a good heart, but hides it under a rough exterior. She's not exactly the sensitive and intelligent type either.
Backstory: Willow is a Unova native who moved to Malum for a change of pace. After James came to power, she joined the underground rebel group to help kids expirience the joys of being a Pokemon trainer that she felt with her team. Her role is to help capture whatever Pokemon she can.
Team:
-Coconut, Leavanny. Coconut was Willow's first Pokemon. She's a lot like her trainer, but is more of a troublemaker.
-Haywire, Zebstrika. Haywire is his trainer's main way of getting around. He's stubborn but a bit skittish.
-Amani, Musharna. Amani is the special wall and attacker of the team. She's a gentle spirit who enjoys her off time.

*Edit: Removed the levels of Willow's Pokemon*
I hope I'm not too late...

Last edited:
@Kronos175 Could you explain me what the S! in your team's description mean? If it's because of Mega evolutions I'm afraid I'd have to say no, you can't have mega evolutions unless you have an admin's permition and they don't allow more than just one mega per person.

@EmotionSenser Nope, everything okay with your character. Anyways, it's not necesary for you to put their levels. They were a system made specially for the games and this isn't a game based RP, it's actually more like the show so no need for that.

Oh, and guys, I wanted to ask if we could try keeping the posts at least two paragraphs long?

So. This roleplay is likely not open anymore, but I was writing this character out anyways and thought that, if luck just happened to be on my side, this might be a fun place to play her out :p If not, I'd be rather happy to practice with her in my own writing more :p
Name: Efah Gerushah
Appearance: There is nothing notable about the appearance of Efah, at least when you look on the outside. She's not quite tall and not quite short, not that skinny but fit enough not to be fat, and her skin just kind of exists for the point of existing, although its slightly pale, ghostly color, if not for the people in the region who also seem to be turning it, could be considered something of noteworthy existence. The resemblance to normality continues. Washed up cheeks, a lopsided figure, perhaps a few peppers of freckles and acne, and various assortments of scratches and bruises. As of everyone on her block, her eyes are stiff, and her teeth are rigid, and her ribs are threatening presence. In anyone's eyes but her own, Efah was just like all the others, from her stiff, unkempt brown hair like cardboard shavings to her body that was beginning to transform into that of a young woman's, like a waning moon.

Her attire varies depending on the colors of the day. Be she feel plain and impoverished, her clothes must be black and white and shades of grey. Be she feeling of grand stature, the girl would don her bright purple, threadbare robes, and pretend she was 'born to the purple,' as people so jealously nicknamed the garments of the early rulers. But, more often than not, she wears the colors of the dawn, and whatever it is she wears, it is always with sweat pants, a sweatshirt, and her treasured tye-dye t-shirt.

Personality: Reality is foolish to think it should enter this girl's mind. She, so obsessed with sight and color, sees everything differently than the world should have described it, whether the clouds have worn a purple garb or the sky become a sheet of stainless steel. She lavishes in trickery, in full knowledge that the world she sees isn't the real world at all. But the fact is that the girl doesn't really care. When someone just grasping the age of sixteen begins to lose a sense she thought she would have forever, or at least until the girl was an old, crabby woman, something has to be done, and the girl's mind had done it for her. New world, new girl.

Alright, sorry, I'm done talking as if I were writing a story XD I haven't had time to write much, although I have been working as much as I can on the next post for Kalos Festival, and everything I think of just begs to be created. Let us speak in simplicity- in facts.

Efah loves trickery, but more than that, colors. She is probably the only person you will ever meet who can actually tell you the history of color, and how humans have begun to integrate it into themselves. Color holds every meaning in her mind, and she has twisted the world so as to better bathe in the beauty of color. Efah is not deaf, but has slowly begun to lose her hearing over the years, frightening to her because she honest to goodness can't tell whether or not she can hear- it just kind of slips away, and the girl doesn't realize it before something crucial happens. She can, however, understand what people are saying (although how long this ability will last is debatable), if only she realizes she should be trying to listen.

Efah is rather cheerful, preferring to think of life optimistically and perhaps in a rather silly manner, and is almost always humming drastically off-key. Fear has begun to become the normality and thus, to Efah, fear has stopped really being fear and become reality, and we all should know by now what Efah thinks with reality. Most of her actions result in her living in her own world, and often, little pulls her out of it. However, Efah will do anything if driven to protect her family or her friends, even face reality itself. She pays little attention to the world around her and every attention to her surroundings- that is to say, she focuses little on what is actually happening and looks at every detail around it. She lives in her own little bubble of the world, and is known to talk to herself and inanimate objects in a quest for silly cheer.

Efah is rather incredible at noticing things, but only of those things have to do with sight. Although she doesn't really realize it, Efah is passionate to the point of inspirational, even if it is of oddities like card games and colors. As of every character, her strengths are her weaknesses, and the same bubble that allows her to capture the world in silly optimism and observe the details and morph their colors also subdues emotions such as fear and sadness to the point of danger, both of which can save a body, whether from physical or emotional pain. As such, the girl is in danger of compressing her emotions, of hiding them away in an ever disturbed bottle, and nothing sets that bottle off like disturbing her family.

Although Efah is, in the end, optimistic, she often revels in sarcasm, wordplay, and poking fun at other people. There is nothing like laughing at a friend- although, since not many of those are around, she supposes a stranger will do too. But her tone always remains lighthearted, and though she regrets not being able to play off words as quickly as she used to, due to often missing the words to play off of, Efah is beginning to understand the beauty of her own world as well. The danger is becoming secluded within it.

Lastly, her fuse tends to be long, although if constantly irritated over time or simply snapped by some off comment it has all right to vanish altogether. Deafness is a sore spot, of course family, and definitely if others deem her dumb or, worse, think her colors are silly. She holds too much pride in her own knowledge of the world, and the increasing times in which she just doesn't realize or, worse, can't hear someone talking are beginning to chip away at it.

Backstory: Simple. She lives in a family with her twin, an older sister, and a younger brother, along with her mother and father. It's not easy to hide things from them, and she doesn't dare hide her Pokemon from her twin, but the colors that flourish within their home are quite enough to make up for the troubles she finds with hiding her only remaining Pokemon. She has lived in the town her whole life, in an apartment, due to the family's low finance as a whole, and her father being a Pokemon trainer and what not, which he sadly isn't now. He wasn't really widely known, but when the raids increased in their block, his Pokemon were the first to vanish, despite the man's best efforts, and those that didn't they were forced to sell. Efah was lucky- her Pokemon was considered the family pet, despite being called Efah's and practically being her sole mate, and she, by far, was the most treasured and guarded.

But Efah was afraid. Efah was terrified. The Pokemon she called family were vanishing night after night, and the ones she called friends were sold in order for them to survive. She was rash, and hatched a plan that she would regret forever. She knew it would hurt most, though, when the time came to tell her family of it.

Efah, in the middle of the street, staged her Pokemon being stolen. In front of everyone's eyes. And when her family rushed in, she lied.

'It just all happened so fast... he came running at me, and before I knew she was gone, and I'm so sorry and I'm so sorry and I'm so sorry and I'm so sorry.' The sorrys, at the least, were truth. The rest...

But nevermind that. The girl had her Pokemon, and her family was no longer threatened, for she was sure the street was convinced that her Pokemon had been stolen forever. It hadn't, of course. Hau was too smart for that.

Team: A single Shinx, rather close to evolution in Hau's own opinion- likely the most youthful, silly, childish Pokemon you will meet in this land now. Dubbed Kathoo after Efah's six year old lisp when she first saw the creature, sitting beside her own Kazoo.

Last edited:
@Kronos175 Could you explain me what the S! in your team's description mean? If it's because of Mega evolutions I'm afraid I'd have to say no, you can't have mega evolutions unless you have an admin's permition and they don't allow more than just one mega per person.

@EmotionSenser Nope, everything okay with your character. Anyways, it's not necesary for you to put their levels. They were a system made specially for the games and this isn't a game based RP, it's actually more like the show so no need for that.

Oh, and guys, I wanted to ask if we could try keeping the posts at least two paragraphs long?
it mean it a Shiny pokemon

Name: Ryan
Appearance: Always is seen wearing a black jump suit with a few Pokeballs on his belt as well as a red bandanna on his head. He has blue eye's, brown hair, and white skin. Below average height by a few inches, light, and thin.
Personality: Not very social, but is friendly. He's also smart, good at hiding, and enjoys helping people in need. He is also very adventurous and determined
Backstory: After a journey through several regions, starting in Hoenn, exploring forest with his Pokemon, he found his way into the Malum region where he started to challenge the Gyms. After James Superbia came into control, it became harder and harder to find Gym leaders to challenge until there were none to challenge. As time went on, he found he was constantly challenged by scarier and scarier trainers. Eventually, he and his Pokemon became exhausted but their determination kept them going. Sometime later, they found their way into helping the Old Trainers make things right
Pokemon:
A sometimes troublesome but loyal Blaziken, a curious Azumaril that gets into trouble very quickly if it's let out of it's Pokeball, and a calm and collected Flygon.

Edit: Made background more consistent

Last edited:
Thanks :D I'm just going to presume I can post now and shall create a post. Well, technically, at the point of writing this it is already made..
... eh.

If there are any issues, tell me, and I shall edit or delete as necessary! Boop!
(Yes, I am feeling rather silly, if that is what you guys are all wondering :p)

StoryBook, just had to say that I still love your post and your character is just perfect, I love her (she somewhat reminds me to Anna from Frozen).