• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS Dusknoir

Ok, got another Poke'mon question....for my team....I actually have a few movesets for you to choose from...

Dusknoir
Nature: Brave (Hey, he's not gonna outrun anything anyway)
EVs: Max HP (Obvious, with only 45 base HP), Max ATK
Ability: Pressure (Only one possible. :p)
Item: Chesto Berry
Shadow Punch
Toxic
Mean Look
Rest

(Toxics the foe, then Punches 'em. Rests when it takes enough damage. Meant to be as annoying as possible, having Pressure doesn't hurt either. This is the one I like the most)

2nd Option:
Dusknoir
Nature: Brave
EVs: Max HP, Max ATK
Ability: Pressure
Item: Chesto Berry
Mean Look/Pursuit
Toxic
Curse
Rest

(Actually two versions here: Mean look for trapping, Pursuit for killing the Poke that switches out because of Toxicurse. I came up with this before the above moveset, but it irked me that the Mean Look set didn't have an attack move....and thus Pursuit moveset was born. Rest here is actually for the loss of life due to Curse, but it can also be used for healing from opponent attacks)

So....which of the three would you choose? I love the Toxicurse thing, but....meh. Right now I'm for the first moveset, with just Toxic.

the second moveset. mean look, toxic, curse, rest. then rest again, and again. up to 30 turns of rest, and they're dead.....even on a chansey.
i like that moveset =]

the second moveset. mean look, toxic, curse, rest. then rest again, and again. up to 30 turns of rest, and they're dead.....even on a chansey.
i like that moveset =]
Well, a chansey would (most likely) Cure itself of toxic, however, curse will still hit it quite nicely :) (Unless something un-predictable happens, I.E Hell freezez over and chansey Actually kills dusknoir) though, i would say stick with the first one, dusknoir can use shadow punch if its the last pokemon in your party

the only problem with the first one is that if i remember correctly, the entire dusk clan has very little offense, and great defense, making them good annoyers or walls, and the fact that the only damaging moves that chansey can learn are normal type makes dusknoir a very good choice against a chansey. so chansey's aside, let's say it went against...umm....shuckle? i'm running out of ideas heh. hm....it could definitely win with curse, considering how little health shuckle really has. anywho.

your choice really depends on your style, your strategy, and what else you need in your team. you can't have all sweepers and be a good team, usually. you will oft need an annoyer or wall to get rid of another sweeper, like a dragonite or something. shuckle is a great annoyer, for instance, especially with its insane defenses.

so eye up your team, and if you only have sweepers, add the mean look toxic curse rest dusknoir.

just my 2 cents.

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
Dusknoir has pretty good offense actually.

Dusknoir
Nature: Adamant.
Item: Leftovers
Attacks:
-Shadow Punch
-Brick Break
-Confuse Ray
-Toxic/Curse

An Adamant Nature on Dusknoir would work better than Brave. Better that its Special Attack is lowered, rather than Speed. Its not going to be using its Special Attack anyway.

Shadow Punch is there for offensive reasons. It gets STAB, plus it'll help against other Ghosties.

Brick Break is for those Dark-types, gives you more of a fighting-chance.

Confuse Ray is an excellent move, I don't get why people don't use it. It can very well mess up your opponent's whole strategy.

Toxic or Curse, its up to you. I would go for Curse, especially since Dusknoir is holding Leftovers, and it'll quickly down anything in your path, even if you have to sacrifice Dusknoir to use Curse, it'll pay off.