• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Drink(s) of choice

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Sometimes I get a craving for caffeine, but it's always in the form of Coke or Pepsi (not a fan of tea or coffee and don't even want to try those uber caffeinated drinks). I don't drink diet pop either. Can't stand the taste of it. Don't even try telling me "you can't tell the difference" because I damn well can! >=O

But I digress... Generally speaking, my drink of choice is ice cold water. Nothing fancy. Doesn't need a lemon or lime or whatnot. Just nice, cold water. It's a good free alternative when eating out, too.

Fruit juices are cool, preferably the 100% real juice ones. I especially like passion fruit, grapefruit, lemonade, or limeade. Still, can't turn away a nice cold glass of Kool-Aid. (OH YEAAAAAH!)

What about the rest of you lot?

I really should be giving them up, but I like sodas--especially Sprite and orange sodas (and not the diet stuff either), but not dark sodas. It's the fizz that's so appealing. I also like kool-aid, lemonade, and other fruit juices. However after overcoming a caffeine addiction, I try to stay far away from caffeinated beverages of any kind because I'm paranoid about becoming addicted again. I don't really drink a lot of alcoholic stuff either, but I haven't really tried enough of them to give them a proper assessment. I was able to down an entire Corona but I really didn't like it. They say beer is an acquired taste. Well, I haven't acquired it yet XD I'll let you know when I have the fancier drinks.

However when all else fails and I have a thirst I need to quench, I turn to good old fashioned ice, cold water. And on a random note, when I go to restaurants, nine times out of ten, I'll order water for my meal XD I suck on the lemon that comes with it. That is so terrible for my teeth XD

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Lady Carmen said:
I suck on the lemon that comes with it. That is so terrible for my teeth XD

Haha. Ditto to that. I always take the lemon off my cup and eat it like an orange slice. I bet my teeth and stomach love me for it. XD

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
OH MY GODS, KATIE. I thought that the lemon slice thing was an anomaly that only me and my mother shared! O_O

As for my beverages of choice... Ice-cold water and Lemon Nestea are top candidates for exhibit A as far as cold drinks go. Cold coffee is awesome too.

Hot drinks... Coffee and Mint Tea, sometimes hot chocolate depending on my mood. I actually like a nice coffee/chocolate combination.

I drink soda religiously. Diet Coke and regular Coke are my favorites. And I too suck the lemons that come with water. I also drink tea like soda. All kinds, especially lemon ginseng green tea. And ice cold water makes me happy after working out. But, I often take cinnamon candies or Warheads and drop it in glass of water and let it melt. And then I drink it. The burning sensation in my mouth makes me happy. Starbucks vanilla frappacinos are also win drinks. Hot cocoa too. All this and more.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
hahaha, sucking on lemons. I do that all the time, because I just love lemons ♥

Anyways, I typically don't drink anything except for water because my parents were rather strict with me drinking only water when I'm thirsty since I was, like, able to put a bottle in my mouth (formulas were disgusting to me, according to my parents). I prefer my water to be nice and cold, but any water's fine. XD I also tend to drink other "healthy" things, like juice, milk, and soymilk.

But when I go out to eat... yes, I'll like to have my Coke, please. No, not diet, just Coke. Tea? You serve that? Hm, I'll take some then. Please no iced tea, please; I hate that stuff with a passion. Wait... did you say COFFEE!? =D YES PLEASE, MAKE IT NICE AND COLD PLEASE! Wait, it's the winter? Ummm if you don't have any hot cocoa, can you make that coffee piping hot then? Thank you very muchly! ^^

... yes I love my caffeine |D

My drink of choice? Well, I like drinking nature's own life source. That's right! caffeine :p I'm from the south, and caffeine is a must, like the following three drinks:

Sweat Tea: I like mine iced, which is how its served down here. I mostly drink it when I'm at my mother's house, which is a nice, sweet, and cold drink for when I'm lazy. But when I'm at my dad's....

Pepsi: At my dad's, its either soda or water, and my favorite of the selection is Pepsi. It's sweet, sparkly, cold, gives you a rush, and cold, so its nice and refreshing. (why am I explaining this? We all know what Pepsi is.). But, my favorite drink is....

Coffee: I take it like a Marine, black. No sugar, no cream, just boiled coffee nuts in boiling hot water. I love it in the morning when I'm sleepy and groggy. The taste is delicious, sorta like drinking a hot Pecan. Ooohh. Is it bad when you drink it so often that you can just fall asleep normally after drinking two cups? 0_0

Last edited by a moderator:
Welp, I think it's safe to say that ice cold water is the favorite drink of deh Charms.

I like soda a lot, but I don't drink it too often cuz I don't want my bones to be all brittle when I'm old so I usually just limit myself to one can/glass a day. I loves basically all of them, but nothing beats the really expensive sodas that come in glass bottles. Mmm. And Italian sodas are the bomb, cuz nothing goes better with fizzy liquid sugar than liquid fat (cream)!

Juice is good too, I've been having a hankering for some and we don't have any in our fridge D:. I should prolly make some from concentrate...

And the only way I drink milk if it's in Ovaltine. ♥ that stuff. Normal chocolate milk works too.

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
Well, my main liquid diet persists of water, plain and simple. I have one of those fancy metal water bottles and I usually drink between four to eight bottles full of water on any given day. It's just so refreshing and amazing. :3

Other than water, I usually only drink Gatorade and drinks of that variety (preferably the yellow flavor). Other than that, I usually only drink pop if that's all anyone has at their house, or if I'm out to dinner somewhere. But my drink of choice is definitely water. -^^-

Two words: Mountain Dew. That's pretty much what's running through my veins most of the time. If we're out of that, I'm drinking Cokes, maybe cream soda, if we have that. I am terribly addicted to caffeine- I feel the effects of withdrawal within about 15 hours, give or take a few. I'm therefore constantly caffeinated.

The only time this body gets water to drink is during kung fu. And even then, I gulp down a G1 pack, which is pretty much pure sugar and some vitamins. So my blood is probably mostly sugar anyway.

...And yes, most people have told me that I'm going to just fall over and die one day from this, and considering that my normal diet consists of cheetos, some form of snack cake, and perhaps a steak here and there- they may have a point. But hey, we only live once ^__^

I have to say my drink of choice is Pepsi. I always say: A bottle a day makes the dentist very angry. I really do try to cut down, but that is when my family is running low on cans and bottles.
There is a second drink, but i only have it if my parents are watching (I'm not supposed to drink pop because it stains my teeth). When my parents are around, I tend to drink pitchers of iced or sweet tea at a time. I'm glad most restaurants don't charge by the glass because the bill would be over $500 for just me.
I also tend to drink water a lot. I can only drink mountain spring water, though, because other kinds have some weird taste to me. My parents still get mad that, if you look around my room, there is a bottle in almost every spot.

Why has the rum gone?

Ehem.

You can usually find me with some can of Pepsi at some stage of the day, which is just as bad as the rest of you guys were saying :p

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
TEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Ahem*

I drink tea all the time. I have it in a morning when I get up, a good few cups throughout the day, and then at night before sleeping. Tea is awesome.

I used to never drink tea, and was addicted to coffee. I seriously drank way to much of the stuff. For whatever reason, my two week holiday to Florida completely broke my coffee drinking obsession, probably because I had to drink water none stop to keep from dehydrating :V Then I discovered tea.

Other than tea I love drinking milk. Nothing is more thirst quenching for me than a nice cold cup of milk on a warm day. Pop wise I only really drink Sprite/7 Up/Lemonade or whatever name you call it. I can't drink coke/Pepsi, it gives me headaches for some reason.

Occasionally I'll drink orange juice and such. I don't drink alcohol, so if I'm out it'll either be Sprite, Orange juice or water~

Magpie said:
TEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YEAH!!!!

Well, I do say yes to Tea occasionally xD It's more of a comfort drink to me than a thirst quencher (for some reason when I'm thirsty it never helps), I'll probably become hooked when I'm an adult like Magpie did. When I'm not having tea I'm usually having water, especially at restaurants. And yes, I am part of the lemon - sucking group ^^'' But if my Mother buys me some fruit juice in like, amounts of 3 large cartons... I swear to eff it's gone faster than I can say 'WUT' in the chatroom xD. When I'm over at my grandmother dearests, however, she tends to buy me large bottles of carbonated drinks which I drink along with the usual water xD If you've been a chat regular over the past few days, you'll of noticed I've been drinking many carbonated drinks like fanta, so can anyone fathom where I've been for the past four days? If I had to go to for favourites when it came to fizzy drinks though, it would have to be Irn Bru and Vimto. Those drinks hit the spot.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Magpie said:
Pop wise I only really drink Sprite/7 Up/Lemonade or whatever name you call it. I can't drink coke/Pepsi, it gives me headaches for some reason.

o_O strange, I get headaches by drinking Sprite and the likes, which is why I tend to avoid it and drink my coke instead~

It's safe to say that Dr. Pepper runs in my veins. I drink a minimum of 2 bottles a day, and I'm probably addicted. However, towards the end of the week, usually Saturday, I get sick of the taste, and I drink about 20 glasses of water throughout the day, and then I'm back to the Pep on Sunday. It's probably unhealthy, but I like it.

I think I have an actual addiction to orange juice. It's the only thing I can drink in the mornings and I have a terrible day if we're all out. There was this time where we had no orange juice for like a whole week and I was such a grumpy douchebag for that entire week. I drink orange juice pretty regularly, and I end up drinking it with things it doesn't go with (like pizza)

I love soda, (Sprite's my favorite) but I hardly ever drink it. The only time there's ever soda in the house is if we're having lots of people over, like on holidays and stuff. In restaurants I usually order water (because I'm lame) or Sprite. I also love lemonade to pieces, and ginger ale, even though it's a sick kid drink.

I used to loooooooove these Dole juices which were mixtures of different fruits, like strawberry/kiwi and orange/peach/mango, but then we started buying them a lot and now they make my stomach hurt when I drink them. I still end up drinking them when we have them but I regret it later when I feel like vomiting.

I'm down for pretty much anything fruity and delicious.

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
I'm a heavy drinker of water. In fact, it's rare for me not to have a bottle of water in my front pocket or at the very least within arm's reach. On average, I refill my water bottle two to three times a day which come out to me downing three to four bottles. That of couse doesn't count the other substances I drink.

I swore off soda years ago and have no regrets about it. I also dislike the taste of coffee so I don't really need to worry about a caffine addiction. I do drink tea, juice, gatorade/poweraid, and kool-aide if and when they're available, but when going out I either order water or no drink at all because I have my bottle.

Like Carmen, I'm not really well versed in the world of alcohol yet as I've only been 21 for about five months now, and have only had one drink. My dad took me to the bar for my birthday and I was able to drink 2/3 of my apple-tini before I got tipsy and my instinct told me to stop. Even then, I found the liquor so strong I had to pull out my water bottle to dilute it abit when the bartender wasn't looking. I'm such a light weight ^^;

I lurvs me some lemon iced tea. Most of the money spent on holidays is to fuel my addiction :3
I am also one of the lemon suckers. All hail the lemon.

I have a few, simply because I just like them. In order from most drank to least:
Water, Dr. Pepper, Milk, Sobe Life Water (preferably Strawberry Dragonfruit), Root Beer, and Orange Soda.

I have no idea if shakes count as "drinks". But I love any kind of shake, save for "coffee" shakes. I hate coffee, can handle tea, but not tea's after taste.

Most of the time, I'm either drinking water or chocolate milk. Who knew that bovine lactation was soooo gooooood?

I try to stay away from sodas except on special occasions or whatever since they have soooooo much sugar. I really like grape soda and Dr. Pepper though. And ginger ale. The same goes for a lot of fruit juices, with the added insult that they give me terrible hives. Lately I've been drinking club soda with a little bit of grape juice in it; that way I get the fizz without the sugar. Delicious!

I've also developed a habit of eating ice recently since my iron levels have been low. Love ice.

I can't stand hot drinks like coffee and tea or even hot chocolate, i don't know why, but they taste really bad and they are really hot and gross

My drinks have to be cold, and fizzy, like soda, I cant drink fizzy drinks from a bottle because they go really warm and flat easily, they have to be from a can so they are cooler and fizzier, my favourite branded drinks are coke, (i like pepsi however cokes better) , fanta/tango (orange only) and lucozade (fizzy and prefable orange) and of course Doctor Pepper :D , I also like dandilion and burdock but only when it's fizzy cold and just been opened because flat dandilion and burdock is the worst tasting thing in the world.

But my favourite drink is fresh orange juice (without juicy bits) I go through like 6 one litre cartons a week and would drink those kiddie 250ml drinks if theres non left however, im quite fussy with orange juice, i don't like tropicana, i just don't and im not a fan of tesco's orange juice (but i will drink it ifs the only drink we have) but my favourite orange juice is the blue cartoned ones from ASDA , the orange ASDA orange juice just doesnt taste as nice.

But if theres no nice drinks left, I am left to drink strong orange cordial (i hate it diluted) until we have nice drinks available.

But overall I am really fussy with drinks XD

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
Magpie said:
TEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Huh...I never would have guessed that about you. I guess you learn something new everyday. :p [/sarcasm] (ilu Magpie ♥)

*cough*notspam*cough* >>;;

I agree with Magpie though, if I have to drink pop I choose Sprite/Sprite knock-offs, I prefer them to a Coke variety of pop (which I'm none too fond of). I also enjoy Root Beer, though... Some good stuff there...mighty delicious...especially Mug and IBC...but I digress... In conclusion, I mainly just wanted to tease Magpie. :p

EeveeIsBrown said:
My drinks have to be cold, and fizzy, like soda, I cant drink fizzy drinks from a bottle because they go really warm and flat easily, they have to be from a can so they are cooler and fizzier,

I thought I was the only one to prefer cans :'D While I'll drink soda from a bottle if I have to, if given a choice, I'll always go for the can because I think it tastes better and it limits portion sizes. And on another note, I dislike ice in my sodas as well. When I go to restaurants, I put as little ice in my cup as possible so it doesn't go all watery (I drink pretty slowly XD).

Lady Carmen said:
I dislike ice in my sodas as well. When I go to restaurants, I put as little ice in my cup as possible so it doesn't go all watery (I drink pretty slowly XD).

Oh my god same xD, I hate it when fizzy drinks go watery especially in Coke

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
EeveeIsBrown said:
Lady Carmen said:
I dislike ice in my sodas as well. When I go to restaurants, I put as little ice in my cup as possible so it doesn't go all watery (I drink pretty slowly XD).

Oh my god same xD, I hate it when fizzy drinks go watery especially in Coke

That is actually one of the reasons I gave up soda. The other was for the health benefits of not putting carbonated sugar water in my system. Good bye cherry cola, hello much tastier blueberry oolong. 8)

Now you have me gripped.

I had age-periods of drinks. Here they are:

0-1: Erm...'milk' >_>
1-3: Whatever my mom gave me -_-
3-4: I LOVED Grape Juice. Loooved it
4-7: Soda. Soda. A little more Soda. Yes, FOUR years old
7-8: YooHoo Chocolate Milks were all I would drink
8-10: Soda and that Bug Juice stuff
10-Present: Water and Tea. I LOVE water just because it's healthy and whatnot. Tea is satisfying. Oh, and I usually have a craving, a nasty craving, for Apple Juice. That stuff rocks.

Iced Tea, Lemonade, and Hot Tea are my favorites since to me they are relaxing and refreshing the second one mostly for the iced tea and Lemonade. Though I do love to drink a soda every now and then I normally go for Orange, Root bear, Cream, or Grape but I often try those Jones soda flavors like Turkey dinner for the fun of it. I despise the taste of coffee, the only use for coffee beans with me is the scent because has horrible has they taste to me, I must admit they smell delightful.

I'm a member of the Church of Sodanomy. You must drink soda...well...religiously.

Any tea. Sweet, unsweetened, Brisk(Yum.♥)
Any regular soda. Diet is against my religion.
Oh, and hot chocolate is loved by me. Boiling. Lava. Hot chocolate. Right when its made. Starbucks' staff may wonder how I do it. Two years of drinking home-brewed hot stuff.

Yes. My tounge, esophoguse, tonsils and stomach thanks me for the internal burns.

Gentleman Virgil said:
I think I have an actual addiction to orange juice. It's the only thing I can drink in the mornings and I have a terrible day if we're all out. There was this time where we had no orange juice for like a whole week and I was such a grumpy douchebag for that entire week. I drink orange juice pretty regularly, and I end up drinking it with things it doesn't go with (like pizza)

I love soda, (Sprite's my favorite) but I hardly ever drink it. The only time there's ever soda in the house is if we're having lots of people over, like on holidays and stuff. In restaurants I usually order water (because I'm lame) or Sprite. I also love lemonade to pieces, and ginger ale, even though it's a sick kid drink.

I used to loooooooove these Dole juices which were mixtures of different fruits, like strawberry/kiwi and orange/peach/mango, but then we started buying them a lot and now they make my stomach hurt when I drink them. I still end up drinking them when we have them but I regret it later when I feel like vomiting.

I'm down for pretty much anything fruity and delicious.
its the same with me i have an addiction with orange juice. if i dont have it in the mourning im lazy and visa-versa

When I was a kid, I used to dislike soda because of the fizzyness, but I got over that. My favourites are Cherry Coke, Regular, Dr. Pepper. I also love Ikea's Lingong Coke, which is a fantastic mix between lingong berry and Coke.

For non-soda's, I live fruit drinks, ice tea, chocolate and normal milk.

BlackRoseJack

Formerly psy-teen
I love coke and pepsi, diet isnt as nice to me. water, milk and juice are all fine in my book. I really love cider especially when its a hot day and the ciders cold :D

First and formost, for sodas: Coke... I absolutly love it! Just about every flavor of it.

Second, just about every flavor of Mt. Dew

Third, Dr Pepper, and Cherry Dr. Pepper

Soft drinks: Kool-aid, and the sweet nectar of summer: Lemonade, or a conbination of it, wit' somethin' else. (Strawberry, Rassberry, etc)

Anything that's Kiwi Strawberry, and liquified=me drinkin' it down

My main two drinks are ice cold water and milk. I tend to drink more of that than anything else, and have been known to go through an entire gallon of milk in two days. *Sweatdrop.* As for sodas ... My favorite is Coca-cola, followed by Mountain Dew and Sprite. I don't drink soda very often, but I do like it on occasion. Don't care much for tea, and I can't stand the smell of coffee. I'm easy to please when it comes to the drink-department.

P

pikachu025

i drink ice cold tea and milk. I drink more of that than anything else i go through an entire gallon of milk in about a week. for sodas My fav sodas is Coca-cola, Mountain Dew and rootbeer. I will drink pretty much any thing as for hot drinks i like hot co-co, hot tea, hot apple cider (i like them in winnter or cammping) but if its a hot or warm day then a warm co-co is good to

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
Linkachu said:
I always take the lemon off my cup and eat it like an orange slice. I bet my teeth and stomach love me for it. XD

StellarWind Elsydeon said:
OH MY GODS, KATIE. I thought that the lemon slice thing was an anomaly that only me and my mother shared! O_O

What is this, some sort of Pokecharms Admin speciality? When we met up in Manchester, I saw Sem do this as well! And we all thought he was a freak!

Regarding the original topic, I am happy with water, chocolate soy milk, and juices of various types. Don't touch alcohol, don't normally drink anything artificial. Very occasionally I fancy complete rubbish like Sprite, but generally the only sodas I drink are very expensive ones from Whole Foods with organic juice and real sugar, none of that artificial sweetener or flavouring.