• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Dream World Pokemon

I shall dub them, Dreamon

Essentially, the Dream Pokemon are special Pokemon from the Dream World with new abilities. Most notable are the Starters from all 5 generations receiving new abilities besides Overgrow, Torrent and Blaze (Speed Boost Blaziken has to be one of the best examples of this.) So, which Pokemon are you looking forward to getting for now? Mind you, since most of the Gen 5 abilities haven't been translated, some of the Dreamon are listed without abilities...for now.

There are quite a few interesting new combinations here, though for now, the ones I'm really looking forward to are Dream Buizel and Dream Shikijika. Water Veil is an awesome alternative to Swift Swim, since Floatzel's already a speedy little beast. Though I've yet to see Shiki's moveset, I just find Serene Grace amusing given that it's totally the lovechild of a Shellos and Shaymin. And as mentioned before, Speed Boost Blaziken will be an interesting new rival for Infernape.

Also of interest are some abilities that were formerly exclusive to uber tiers and legendaries now being made available to more common species. Gen V Pokemon Gochiruzeru now has Shadow Tag (previously exclusive to Wobuffet) While Ninetales and Politoed have Drought and Drizzle respectively (once exclusive to Groudon and Kyogre)

Your thoughts?

O.O

Pretty much every poke got upgraded to the point to where they are ALL viable to use competitively. A bunch of so-called terrible pokemon are now amazing(Blaziken, you are going to get your spot back as top fire/fighting soon, I'm sure of it), whereas some of these abilities help so much it scares the crap out of me(Swift Swim Armaldo? Holy Meguroko).

This game. Oh how much I want it. Now competitive battling has even more prediction to toss in your face. But, I'm pretty sure most of us will be using these new abilities.... :3

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
Holy crap. This just went and shook up everything. All of these new abilities for Pokemon will drastically change the roles of and sets of pretty much everyone. This'll also just make predictions so freaking hard. Just...wow. I can't wait to see what some of these new Pokemon are going to be.

Speed Boost Blaziken should be a terrific monster, I can't wait to bust that badboy out in battle and have some fun with it. >:3

Oh my goodness of the sweet holy cheese. I have just achieved happiness.

I was all YAY AWESOMESAUCE for this game, but then the Dream World came along, and DING! Everything went up. I really hope that some useless Pokemon *coughMagikarpcough* Get better abilities that make them actually useful. Of course, Magikarp is eternally useless, so eh.

The greatest creature o earth has been spawned... Yes, it is SPEED BOOST BLAZIKEN. We have all been gifted, and cursed... But I don't care! HE WILL BE MINE...

*Smacks Kerouno* No touchy my Blazi. But anyway, I think that giving pokemon new abilities is a really good idea. Speed Boost Blaziken suits me PERFECTLY, seeing as one of my favourite things is speed. Destroy 'em before they can even see you. *Cackles Evilly* But anyway, I like it all.

This dream world idea is brill. I'm guessing Slaking won't have a new ability :>

They've even given legendaries new abilities. Interesting.

This is such a good idea. Togekiss having super luck is cool, although serene grace is pretty much irreplaceable. Shandreaa with shadow tag? Yesssss.

Chillarmy has skill link? Sweep slap + Skill Link = Yeeeaahhh

Lanturn with Volt Absorb? If it has it's Gen IV moveset, then I can have a double battle Lanturn team, one with water absorb, the other with volt absorb and one keeps on using Discharge and the other uses Surf.

Shinpora has tinted lens eeeeee.