• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Dragon's Bravery

Zmaj while not being able to fly decided to walk around the area to see where he is as he never had been here. After a bit of searching around he came across a swamp a very nice area to spend the day. He fell uneasy as if someone or something was watching "Is anyone out there" he said while slowly approaching the water.

The dark coloured drake was in the the depths of the water but soon lifted herself up to the surface "you've moved into my territory I'm afraid, why are you here? " she was still in the water as she looked at him curiously, did she recognise him? "who are you and how did you know my name?" she was calm in the water but would quite easily put up a fight if threatened or attacked.

"You" Zmaj said "I was hoping to encounter you and I was going ask you if you had an answer" Zmaj said while preparing in case of her attacking since this was her territory after all "My name is Zmaj but most call me mage" he said "So you don't seem to friendly with the astral are you." maybe it is... no I know that isn't true he thought.

Ursuly nodded "egh fair enough ... well it seems both of us are hopeless at recognising eachother but it's good to see another shadow dragon nearby, I never really knew my family so you're the first I've seen in a long while" She grimaced at the mention of the Astral dragon "I want to say it was a misunderstanding but I just have a bad temper and she's very protective, we clashed and now we have a stupid rivalry I wish hadn't really happened" she gave a soft sigh, still defensive but relaxing a little

Glacier flinched, then moved into a more defensive stance. "I'm sorry. Prey is scarce and I haven't seen another dragon in ages. I was just curious…" she said. The ice drake shifted, getting ready to fight if need be.
(OOC: short post. Sorry!)

Zmaj realized that she meant no harm and was fully relaxed "well there is no way we are siblings because I watched mine burned at the ha-" he stopped suddenly since he felt great sadness and grief about this subject. He lied down with a tear slipping out of his eye onto the ground.

Her eyes widened and she quickly moved out of the water "You don't have to talk about it if it upsets you" she looked at him sympathetically and couldn't help but put her tail on his back to try and comfort him "I don't know what it's like, I have nothing to compare with but I'm so sorry for you" she couldn't help but feel a need to protect, was it just because he was a shadow drake or something more? it confused her but all she could do was try and soothe him.

Lyric hummed in thought before leaning over her prey, keeping her eyes trained on the ice drake. She bit into the one of forelegs, tearing it off along with the thick thigh. With a huff she threw it to the ice breather and pulled the prey closer, "all territory is rich in prey if you know how to hunt it properly".

Her stance relaxed a little as she Looked over the situation. She still had to bring the rest of the food to her guest and go hunting once again for her fire drake neighbors. Sliding the prey into her back once more she started away, instincts growling fiercely not to turn her back to a potential threat, "you may stay for a little while. Do not over hunt here or I will not be so nice".

"you might be right but eventually when I overcome the grief I'll tell you the rest of it" he said feeling welcomed by the kind shadow drake "and if any of them lived I'll find them" he stared at Ursuly then looked at the water smiling "there is something familiar about you like you said earlier we are hopeless at recognizing each other even though there is some connection" he felt like he was at home staring into the water.

She gave a soft smile, for once someone seemed happy in her company. Understanding why he wanted to explain she spoke "just do it in your own time" she could help but chuckle softly at them both being hopeless "we may find out, hard to tell with dragons a lot of the time though" she sighed but was quite cheerful now, she looked back at the astral's territory for a moment "maybe you could stay in my territory, I have a large cave that could easily fit four shadow drakes if it had to. I don't mind you telling Lyric but .... it would be good to have someone friendly in my life. It's your decision but I'll give it as an offer" she spoke warmly and comfortingly, not trying to pressure or speak in bad terms about her rival for once.

Last edited:
"sounds nice soon as I can fly I'll take up that offer okay" Zmaj's grin turned into a smile of joy in the shadow drakes company "thank you for understanding me" Zmaj was happy even with the injuries on his wing. The familiar feeling he felt turned into feeling of flying even though he was on the ground he knew that he was on the ground. Unfortunately he had to go back to Lyrics den for he gone for a bit "It was nice finally meeting you myself instead of just knowing off of stories I hear but I have to go and I'll be back tomorrow, goodbye."

Lyric pulled her catch to her den where once let it fall to the ground once again. She stuck her head into the den after calling and not getting a reply. The astral drake looked around and sniffed around for a scent. The female dragon shrugged her haunches and and tore off a part of the moose to eat. Sitting under one of the trees she watched the food to make sure nothing tried to scavenge it.

Glacier heaved a sigh of relief. She grabbed the haunch in her mouth and took off, heading back to the ice. She thought about what the astral drake said. Glacier shook her head bitterly. The ice wasn't rich in prey. The sea was, but often the seals and whales fled when they saw her coming. She'd better start stocking her store. Otherwise there would be no food.

Zmaj returned to Lyrics den only to see the astral was already back with a meal "sorry I was late but I was busy" he said with a bit of a hesitant voice while taking a bit of the moose and went into the den with it and there he stayed while he ate not saying a word feasting in complete and utter silence.

Ursuly smiled at Zmaj and couldn't help but feel excited knowing he was staying with her "Yes I'm glad to, I don't wish for dragons to base me off stories really, I'm glad you saw through them." she couldn't help but feel trusting towards him and she wanted to be the best around him that she could to she she wasn't just a cruel shadow drake. "I'll be excited for your return please do come back soon, I'll wait here tomorrow for you" She watched him walk off back into the forest and the smile stayed on her face. She realised she'd have to make sure the cave was suitable for him so shot off into the sky, back to her home. She'd hunt for fish in the swamps afterwards,she thought, I'm not too hungry now. While she still wanted to know more about the male shadow drake she couldn't help but be delighted to have company with her own kind for once.

Happy that the shadow drake he met was a kind one he finished his share of food before exiting the den to wander some more now knowing where to go and where some of the boundaries of this territory. So he wandered around seeing wildlife everywhere but not hunting so his wing didn't tear. "This is an amazing forest" he whispered to himself but his smile dissapeared being around another shadow drake reminded him of his family even though he felt at peace with the past this memory still haunts him. Very quickly he snapped out of it thinking to himself with his smile returning.

Glacier flew up above the clouds, drifting lazily and occasionally riding the thermals. It was a blast. The ice dragon, or drake, felt a sudden change in the air. She was over the ice. Glacier tucked in her wings and went into a dive. She landed gracefully on the ice. This was her territory, her home court, the place where she was undefeatable.
The dragon looked around for landmarks. She spotted a looming ice spire in the distance, which she called home. Glacier took flight once more, gliding over the ice. She folded her wings and landed in front of the ice. Then, she groaned. The entrance to her den had been snowed over. The dragon started digging it out. Finally, panting and out of breath, Glacier entered her den and placed the frozen haunch(her breath was too cold), in the corner, along with her meager store.

Urusly was soon cleaning out her cave of old bedding and soon was gliding back over to swamps to collect moss and soft ferns for bedding for the two of them. After sorting out her cave properly she was soon collecting food, eating for a short period of time before gathering more fish for stock and in case her guest would be hungry when he came over. She thought about Zmaj but tried to wave him off for at least a bit so she could hunter for bigger prey in one of the larger swamps. When she had first came here she was surprised at the size of the fish in the larger lakes, they could be almost as big as her and feed her for more that three days if not a week or so.

"I did not give you a time to get back. You are allowed to leave and return whenever you wish," Storm lyric called after the shadow drake as he left. She pulled herself into a standing position and pulled the rest of the food onto her back. She started toward the fields and toward her elderly neighbors. Fading skies sat outside soaking in the warmth while his mate laid off closer to the cave entrance. When sun leap caught sight of Storm lyric she padded over to take the food and talk for a bit. The astral drake soon left then though and walked towards the lake, the heat starting to bother her.

Zmaj walked through the forest until he stopped and looked at his wing. Despite treatment for the injuries being so recent the holes seemed almost healed "I've always been a fast healer" he said followed by a light chuckle about it. He continued for a bit longer until he ended right back where he started, Lyrics den. So picking a new direction he went off and very soon he found a shore with a sharp drop in tempature and in the distance he saw a frozen tundra of ice" this area of the world is very diverse" he said in amazment that a cold area was so close to a mostly warm forest.

The female shadow drake had soon captured a large amount of big fish, one which she ate later on as she got ready to rest for a bit, these happenings had stopped her from being out so long at night which slightly annoyed her but she thought it was worth it as she'd soon have a dragon in her company who she could talk to and hopefully help her defend her territory. Watching as the sun soon started to lower down she was unsure on if she wanted to rest now or not, she was almost anxious about Zmaj but she knew she had to calm down, deciding to stay in the cool den she just made sure it was ready for the both of them to live in.

Storm lyric swam for a little bit and drank before returning to her den. The astral drake's tail swung in a simple rhythm as she hummed, she continued to putt the tune as she curled into her makeshift nest. She pulled moss of a nearby log to make her tiny hole a little more comfortable. She sniffed the air and let out a content sigh, basking in the smells of her domain.

Glacier Sea had gone out to hunt again, but was having little luck. The only prey she found was a dead fish, and judging from the smell, and the way its face was covered in some weird substance, she didn't want to eat that. She could check the ice bank, which she named after the amount of seals it contained. Maybe she could snag one. The ice drake soared upwards, drifting on the coastal winds. It was a longer flight, but if there were any seals, it would be worth it. Glacier would have to look out for mothers and bulls. They would not be happy to see her. Come to think of it, none of them would be happy to see her.
Finally, after a good while, Glacier reached the floes of ice called the "ice bank". Lo and behold, there were many seals, barking away. Glacier flew silently above, contemplating her next move. She would go for an older one. The dragon kept a watchful eye out for any stragglers. She was going to pick them off. Natural selection, right?

Storm lyric crawled out of her den and stretched before passing off deeper into her forest. She climbed onto a small rock outcropping and looked up into the starry night sky. The full moon was out and she was bathing in its glow, the astral drake counting as many consolations as she could see. The dragon's tail curling to lay on her front feet as she did her claws into the dirt below her. She whispered her thanks to the forest and world for giving her the territory she called home, the prey that inhabited it, and the beauty she saw.

With the moon out in the sky instead of making his way back to Lyrics den he found a rock formation to use as a temporary den. To Zmaj it was a great spot so he lied down in the formation and looking at the full moon same as the one his worst memory happened. He stayed still as if he was already asleep or still enough to look dead like he looked the night before when he was being treated for his wing. His eyes previously once grey and lifeless now returning to an older appearance they had a bright vibrant shade of orange. He entered a deep state of thought until snapping back to reality closing his eyes.

Lyric fell asleep and purred gently in her sleep. The astral dragon's chest slowly rising and falling as she dreamed. In her dream she stood in a feild, astral drakes being hunted and slaughtered. Winged dragons hunting her species for sport, all because they didn't have wings and could not fly. She screamed and charged when she saw hatchlings being killed. She found herself up against a large water drake. She was thrown and harmed. Eyes snapping awake she lept up, heart beating erratically and tail lashing in fear. Looking around and realizing she was ok, the astral drake relax and crawled back into her den.

G

Gungy the boss

Name: ripper
Race: shadow flame
Looks: made entirely out of black flame, no one knows.
Territory: the forbidden depths of Tartarus.
Age (for the sake of it): 1385729574285 eons.

Ripper awoke from his 5000 year sleep and zipped up to the mortal world above engulfing a Forrest in black flames and dove back Dow into the depts of Tartarus.