• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Dragonball Z:The Supersonic Warrior(Please rate its decent comic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it sounds dumb but its a pretty good comic and I know its got no background but im working on a team to make a revised version so you could say its uncut if you want to join my team just tell me if you like issue 1 i will make more

Issue 1
comic1ym5.png

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
No offence to you,but it doesnt have much comedy value,not really much of a plot,so,hows this a sprite comic?

Because it's a comic using sprites. Duh.
That's a warning for SPAM.

My advice would be:
Get a good plot
Maybe make the comic bigger? Make the panels bigger to hold more action?
Backgrounds!
Maybe speech bubbles?
Keep the panel boundaries straight - use a template for every comic, rather than just drawing lines.

The comic has some issues. Gohan is from a wonderswan/gb game, Goku seems to be from a SNES fighter and Freiza is from something else entirely. Try to either use sprites that look the same, or ones you make. Sprites that match just look better.

I do respect you for not making a "funny" sprite comic though. It's much tougher to make a serious comic.

Well right now im not focusing on backgrounds coz as i said im waiting for people to join my sprite team im sorry but im not going to change the sprites because its the best I can find heres the 2nd issue hope you like it! and im not making it comedy im making it sorta changed version of the show

issue 2
issue2sn9.png

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
The order of your comic confuses me. It took me three read-throughs to figure out that it went:

Top right -> Left -> Middle Right -> Bottom Right.

Additionally, the grammar is... not very good, to say the least. Piccolo says:
"I did it because he cant know what im going to tell you theres a new threat."

That's grammatically incorrect for a number of reasons. It SHOULD have read:
"I did it because he can't know what I'm going to tell you. There's a new threat."

And finally, the illogical plot device. Goku just had his son attacked to force him away, I doubt he'd react like that, unless he's the world's worst father. Which he isn't.

well as ive said ive barley got anyhing done and i said this is practicly the draft I need to make a spriting team so I can redo all of this and Gohan's not dead he only knocked him out

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
I disagree there - you don't need anything other than yourself, the sprites and some backdrops.

Grammar, for one, isn't anything to do with spriting.
Neither is correctly ordering the panels of the comic.
Finally, I think most fathers would be pissed off if their son had just attacked. These are just common sense.

It sounds like you're making excuses for yourself.

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
The fact that you are openly REFUSING good, solid advice from members with far more experience in sprite comics than you proves your own overwhelming ignorance and stupidity. You do NEED anything other than yourself, a computer and a functioning paint program to make a sprite comic. I have only those, and I had a moderately successful comic that I made alone. So you are just making excuses for yourself now.

I'm banning you on the grounds of thinking you're "Beyond Help", as stated in the Announcements forum, iirc.

Topic lock'd.

Status
Not open for further replies.