• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Dragon Drive

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I'm wondering if anyone else around here has seen the anime, read the manga, or at least heard of it before. If so, what did you think?
After buying and watching the first DVD (twice through) I'm totally hooked and in love with the concept (ditto to the intro/ending songs). I can't wait until I have the money to buy more o.o

Did I mention that Chibi, the main character's dragon, is adorable?

A quick description for anyone who has no idea what I'm talking about (straight off the first DVD):
"Reiji Ozora was just another loser in junior high... but that was before he met Chibi, a cute and innocent looking 'sleeping dragon' living in a virtual world called D-Zone. Now he is hooked on this virtual-reality game 'Dragon Drive' that lets you slip into D-Zone and battle against the other players with their dragons. Find out how Reiji deals with some of the strongest players while his only hope is the weakest dragon with zero assault power!"

To me it's a cross between .hack//SIGN, Angelic Layer, and Digimon. It's not overly violent (as of yet) but it's fun, and I think pretty much any fan of monster-ish anime would enjoy it. Besides, it has Chibi :D

ddrive-festa2002-2.jpeg

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Y'know, I've left this topic open in hopes that I'd get some discussion going (after being horribly ripped up from the grave), but I'm starting to wish I hadn't. If you read it and liked it, WHAT did you like about it? :p

Y'know, I've left this topic open in hopes that I'd get some discussion going (after being horribly ripped up from the grave), but I'm starting to wish I hadn't. If you read it and liked it, WHAT did you like about it? :p

Sorry. I liked the art work, all the Dragons looked awesome. Also I find Reji Ozora hilarious, mainly the fact that he quickly loses intrest and is always late.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Sorry. I liked the art work, all the Dragons looked awesome.

Heh. That's actually why I'm looking forward to collecting the graphic novels (whenever they're finally released). As much as I love the Anime, I'd rather see the dragons hand-drawn than in CGI. The CGI can be cool, yeah, but a lot of the times it seems to clash with the artwork. I'd be just as happy without it in the show at all.

Ehhh, Im not big on animes to that do with monsters. (I dont even watch Poke'mon, unless they are showing teh Regis that is xP ) Especially animes that do with dragons, I mean, there so overrated now days D= you don't see any shows bassed off a mystic Elk, or a Rabbit or something, No no its all about Dragons. Its not that I don't like dragons, its just that I think there usually about the same thing some dragon determines the fate of some the planet or something like that >.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Ehhh, Im not big on animes to that do with monsters. (I dont even watch Poke'mon, unless they are showing teh Regis that is xP ) Especially animes that do with dragons, I mean, there so overrated now days D= you don't see any shows bassed off a mystic Elk, or a Rabbit or something, No no its all about Dragons. Its not that I don't like dragons, its just that I think there usually about the same thing some dragon determines the fate of some the planet or something like that >.

What you should be apologizing for more is basing an opinion on something you've never seen/read. How would you know if you'd like it or not unless you gave it a chance? :p

The main character's dragon IS rather special, though, which just proves your stereo-type right, lol.

Still, the virtual reality-ish parts of DD are fairly cool, and if you like Digimon-ish shows it's quite entertaining =) If not, well... it happens, and I don't deny that dragons ARE overrated as heck these days xp
AHA! I knew there was some truth and logic in my ranting! xD But I guess if it has to some virtual reality thingys I just might check it out. ;0