• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Dragon Ball Z Prime: Rise of the Saiyans

what_if___bardock_the_believable_by_malikstudios-dcen46w.png

Age 737 - Frieza destroys Planet Vegeta. Thanks to the warnings of Bardock the Prophet, half the Saiyan race is able to escape to a remote planet they name "New Planet Vegeta".

Age 757 - Having reunited with his father, Raditz offers to help the Saiyan cause by bringing Kakarot to their side and is allowed to depart by Queen Casaba.

Age 761 - Raditz arrives on Earth, seeking Goku's help in the fight against Frieza.

The concept for this Dragon Ball RP is that it takes place in the world of MasakoX's "What if Bardock Convinced The Saiyans", which is a What If where Bardock is able to convince the Saiyans of the imminent Frieza Force attack and, instead of trying to go after Frieza and getting themselves killed, they GTFO and hide on a different planet. The reason I'm calling this Dragon Ball Z Prime is because everything that happened in the original Dragon Ball is the same, except that the backstory elements introduced during Dragon Ball Z are different due to Bardock's interference. We'll be starting from Raditz's landing on Earth and going from there in the same vein as Masako's script, but when we arrive on New Planet Vegeta we'll be making our own story. We'll be using both canon and non-canon characters, which means you folks can add in your Saiyan OCs. Know that no one can go Super Saiyan yet though! And contrary to how it originally happened, we'll probably be getting Super Saiyan Bardock before Super Saiyan Goku. It seems like he's much farther of the way there judging by Episode of Bardock. (I know it's non-canon but it's the same Bardock okay?!)

Goku:
Gohan: @BlueMew392
Krillin: @Eeveechu151
Tenshinhan: @Not Gyro Zeppeli
Chiaotzu:
Yamcha:
Bulma:
Chi-Chi:
Piccolo: @Eeveechu151
Bardock, the Prophet:
Gine:
Raditz: @Eeveechu151
Queen Casaba:
Kornjaca Pita: @Fraseandchico
Cucumbara: @SoulDemon
Hikama/Sasha: @BlueMew392
Frieza: @MihajloJedi
Zarbon:
Dodoria:
Captain Ginyu:
Jeice: @Eeveechu151
Recoome:
Burter:
Guldo:
Vegeta: @Not Gyro Zeppeli
Nappa:
Wada:
Bomb King Nobel:
Compression-01:
Cui:
Appule: @Rohan Kishibe
Sorbet:
Tagoma:
Shisami:
Garana:
Chidoru:
Lemo:
Kikono:
Cooler: @Eeveechu151
Salza:
Neiz:
Dore:
Launch: @Not Gyro Zeppeli
Master Roshi: @Not Gyro Zeppeli
King Kai:
Kami:
Mr. Popo:
Nail:
Guru:
Dende:
Hercule Satan: @Not Gyro Zeppeli
Dr. Gero:
Android 16: @Fraseandchico
Android 17: @Fraseandchico
Android 18: @Fraseandchico
Android 19:
Android 21: @BlueMew392
Cell: @Rohan Kishibe
Yes, I did put down every member of the Frieza Force I could find as a character.
Name:
Race:
Appearance:
Personality: (optional)
Alliance:
Friends: (optional)
Family: (optional)
Backstory: (optional)
Other: (optional)

So, it's time for the Saiyans to get to rising up against the tyranny of Lord Frieza. Let's get going!
Lemme see if @Rohan Kishibe, @Not Gyro Zeppeli, @SS-I Never, @BlueMew392, @Godjacob, @Sarah316 or @Fraseandchico might be interested.

Last edited:
Sure, Clite, as long as you're a dedicated and skilled enough RPer.
And of course, Gyro! Just remember that Vegeta is still pre-Saiyan Saga Vegeta and likely won't be meeting Bulma until the Cell arc. (Don't worry, I've got a plan for the Cell arc!)

Waiting for a second person but I'm making this because I'm fairly certain there's a lot of DB fans here. I know of seven at least. Speaking of which, you wanna join the RP Rohan?

Okay I will give that Character a try.
Name: Betherool
Race: Saiyan
Appearance: tall, well-builed with fair skin, black Medium cut hair and black tail, he wears white sayians armor.
Alliance: The Saiyans
Family: He had parents, currently nobody.

Last edited:
Me: *Sees that Androids 16, 17, and 18 are free* MINEMINEMINEMINEMINEMINEMINEMINEMINEMINEMINEMINE!
Also, Can I take Frieza?
Also Also:

Name:

Name: Kornjača pita(LITERALLY CARROT PIE)
Appearance: Red Saiyan armour similar to Bardock's Armour, Black, spiky hair, still has tail, Grey Saiyan leggings, Peachy skin, no shoes, Combat gloves. Red eyes, a small mustache(Which is barely noticeable).
Personality: Kinda a Jerk, but can act kind, occasionally, if you're lucky, and he's in a good mood, and you are his friend.
Backstory: WIP
Alliance: Saiyans
Friends: Not many, aside from some unnamed Saiyans.
Family: Deceased since Neke was 3.
Backstory: WIP
Other: UH, I don't know what to put here...

Last edited:
I mean, Toriyama said that things didn't work out between Launch and Tien.
But Raditz is similar to Tien with key differences...
And yeah, we're giving Tien and the rest of the humans the roles they deserve in this space odyssey.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Being a MasakoX fan and just liking the concept in general, Ill put my own Sayain OC here cause why not?
Name: Cucumbara
Race: Sayain
Appearance: Wears similar armor to bardock save for their being teal wherever bardock has the green and his armor’s predominant color being a muted grey as opposed to black.
Personality: I dunno, I'll develop it as I RP
Backstory: N/A
Alliance: The Sayains(obviously :/)
Friends: not many save for some randoms
Family: generic Sayains
Backstory: Tfw you put backstory twice
Other: Cucumbara=Cucumber if case you couldnt tell, also before you say that its a fruit, I put it in the same catergory as a tomato, techinally a fruit, functionally a vegetable.

I'll take Gohan and.... *sees 21* I NEED HER!!! Umm, I'm mean.... I'll take Android 21 too.

Name: Hikama (She'll also be known as Sasha later on.)
Appearance:
IMG_20180319_222839.jpg IMG_20180319_222845.jpg Minus the scouter.
Personality: She acts cold towards others, especially the queen, but she can have a soft side when she wants to. Much like her mother, she isn't afraid to get into a fight and be ruthless in it. She also doesn't like having her tail grabbed.
Alliance: Saiyans
Friends: None
Family: She's Fasha's daughter.
Backstory: Even though Hikama spent the majority of her life on New Planet Vegeta, she was actually born on the old Planet Vegeta a few weeks before it was destroyed. She doesn't know much about her mother, other than the fact that she was on Bardock's team, and never bothered to ask him about it. Hikama also has a resentfulness towards her own Saiyan name and Queen Casaba.
Other: Her Saiyan name is based off a Mexican vegetable called a jicama.

Last edited:
So I'll be starting the RP as soon as someone takes Goku and Yamcha as characters. Chiaotzu can just be controlled by Gyro and his Tenshinhan.
Also, I had an idea for a future battle that we might be able to do during the Frieza Saga, which I think might be pretty cool.
We could have a big Ginyu Force battle, matching the five major heroes with the five members of the Force. Goku could fight Ginyu, Raditz could fight Burter, Krillin could fight Guldo, Tenshinhan (with assistance from Chiaotzu and Gohan) could fight Recoome, and Yamcha could fight Jeice. Krillin and Raditz would probably be the first to win, with Raditz going to aid Goku and Krillin helping out Yamcha. Ginyu and Recoome would fall about the same time, with Jeice surrendering due to knowing he's not gonna win and Krillin deciding to take him as an unconscious prisoner.