• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Dragon Ball RP

Case in point, Goku's speech to save Vegeta.

Dub: Don't kill him, we have to show mercy and he might be a hero someday.

Sub: Don't kill him, I really want to fight him again!

I don't buy that "physically stronger than Cell crap" personally. Cell was toying with Vegeta and Trunks. He never used close to his full power against either of them. He only made that comment to Trunks to taunt him about how much he sucked.

I'm sorry, but I can't agree with you on that. Yeah, Cell was toying with Trunks, but all Cell did was not dodge.

If you still don't agree with me, then how about this. Cell, was able to almost tank a Final Flash, gets beaten to wall because of a few punches that Trunks threw. And Cell was powering up during their battle, and Android 16 acknowledged their strength in the fight.

I'm not saying that Cell can't beat Trunks in a fight, but I'm saying that if they had an arm wrestling match, Trunks would win.

Cell didn't "tank" that Final Flash. He underestimated Vegeta and once he realized the power of the blast he dodged at the last second. The blast wouldn't have killed him, but it had the power to do some sever damage.

And yeah I'm just naturally being skeptical. I have that view on a few things in the series. Like this idea that Goku would have beaten either Kid Buu or even Fat Buu with the full power of Super Saiyan 3.

Cell didn't "tank" that Final Flash. He underestimated Vegeta and once he realized the power of the blast he dodged at the last second. The blast wouldn't have killed him, but it had the power to do some sever damage.
It doesn't even matter if he gets damaged badly, remember Piccolo's cells are still in him.

I'm just saying when I think of tank, I think of "the attack hits and does nothing at all" like when Goku blasted Broly with a Kamehameha at point blank range and it did nothing.

Though you are not incorrect. Good ole Piccolo's cells...which I guess King Piccolo didn't have as he died form a hole in the chest LOL

Crunchyroll has the newest episodes for DBS available to all users, not just paid members. Non paid members just have to wait an hour or two after the episode airs. In my case, I just have to wait until 9pm PST to watch the new episode there.

Well I'm biased since I could listen to MasakoX talk about paint drying and I'd be interested, but I love the series.

Mainly because, once more, it shows fans can put more thought into a work than its own creator sometimes LOL

In hindsight, Raditz is the single most disappointing character in the entire franchise. He is Goku's freakin BROTHER yet left zero impact as a character.

Exactly. But Masako has found a way to make him extremely relevant and important as a character where regular DBZ failed.

And I definitely agree with you about Masako's voice. (Asterob the best)

Yeah LOL

Last I remember, you all dumped KO'd Truffle Parasite Saiyans at Ken & Ji's ship and Damunga went with Arcie to examine his own.

I need to get caught up with your guys' story real quick, and then I'll make a character. Can someone describe where we are in terms of power relative to z or super at the moment?

Our power level is around the cell saga, my character being as strong as Super Saiyan Grade 2 Vegeta.

And right now in the RP, the main gang (which is basically the ones who've posted right now) are at Planet Vegeta trying to regain the planet from the Tuffles.