• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Dragon Ball: Redemption Through Revival

AGE 3127 - UNIVERSE 7
The world lives in a time of peace. Gone is the era of combat and mindless bloodlust of the people. Now there is only the various races living in harmony - Humans, Namekians, Majins and other races living with no need to fight. The heroes and villains of the Age of Combat are remembered strongly still, but they - for the most part - have been pushed aside and left back in favor of intergalactic relations. Universe 7 lives independently from the other universes, and high power levels are a thing of the past. Now the most normal people can obtain is two hundred, and that's only if they choose to train as a hobby.
But in an era of non-combatants, what happens when the evil Kid Buu returns?
With a mysterious cloaked woman at his side, Kid Buu begins terrorizing the population at large. It seems he has returned thanks to a strange ring, and more of these rings are appearing around the globe. Seemingly, these rings can summon forth a hero or villain from the Age of Combat. However, will the fighters our heroes are able to summon be enough to stop evil in its purest form?

So that's the basic plot. How do the summoning rings, which I'm calling Resurrection Rings, work? Think of it like Xenoblade 2-style blade summoning crossed with Pokemon, but it's Dragon Ball. Anyways, it's much more likely that your character will get a weaker fighter than a stronger one. Can't have all our RPers using god-tier characters to take out Cell right off the bat, now can we? But who are we limited to? Well, you can use any official characters from the manga, anime or movies as long as they're not God-tier. And no fusions!
You get one DB character per OC, by the way.

Name:
Race: (Human, Namekian, Majin, etc. The only limitation is no Saiyans, since the Saiyan bloodline's been far too diluted.)
Appearance:
Personality:
Power Level: (Keep it low, people!)
Partner: (The hero/villain summoned by the Resurrection Ring.)
Equipment:
Backstory:
Other:

Here's my guy!
Name: Clarke Scale
Race: Human
Appearance: Clarke is tall, has short brown hair and has green eyes. Clarke usually wears a black sweater, white shirt and grey track pants.
Personality: Clarke is kind and decently shy, but has an extremely strong will. A massive nerd about the Age of Combat.
Power Level: Probably like 16 or so.
Partner: Raditz (from the Raditz saga)
Equipment: Laptop, Resurrection Ring, Capsules
Backstory: For the most part, Clarke is just an average guy. He's always been interested in the Age of Combat, and studies it a lot. Alongside his other nerd stuff, like action movies. Clarke lives by himself in the woods nowadays, just outside the city. He prefers peace and quiet, but does like to socialize quite a bit. He's going to find the Resurrection Ring in the woods near the start of the RP.
Other: A bit rushed since I don't have much time left, but I think it works :'|

@Rohan Kishibe @Godjacob this is the thing I was talking about.
@SS-I Never @BlueMew392 @Sarah316 @Gamefreak1996 @Fraseandchico @Takumeme666420 any of you interested?

I haven't seen Dragon Balls in a long time, but I want to get back into this a little. Mind if I join? (Asking because I haven't seen any of the recent series)

Name: Sarah Bill
Race: Human(has a really distant Saiyan ancestor)
Appearance: Is of average height, has medium length black hair. Wears a blue jean jacket over a black t-shirt, a blue skirt, black tights and brown boots.
Personality: Fun loving and excitable. Often stubborn but fun to be around.
Power Level: 20
Partner: Broly
Equipment: Capsules, a tablet, Resurrection Ring
Backstory: Sarah was growing bored of the current peaceful world so she decided to start researching the old combat era and grew interested towards the past event.
Other: I don't know what else to put in Backstory, hope this is alright

Mainly the main character, but they might be to op.
What do you say about Krillin?
(Sorry, Im trying to get back into Dragon Balls. Had to stop watching the anime because of school stuff.)

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Two quick questions, one can I recycle an OC from another pretty much dead Dragon Ball RP? Also, am I allowed to use the fan-made form for it as well? I describe i detail if you need me to.

@Rohan Kishibe Accepted, but Broly? If you're going with Broly then we'll be waiting a while for Sarah to get her ring. I'd recommend you make another character about as strong as Saiyan/Namek saga. I do like how you incorporated the Saiyan ancestry thing - that's how I was thinking to get around that as well. My main thinking, however, is that you'd get one single advantage from the Saiyan lineage, for example you get the zenkai boost and nothing else/super saiyan and nothing else, etc.

@SoulDemon
1) If you mean as a ring-bearer that's not really that powerful in Dragon Ball terms? Yes. If you mean as a Partner? No.
2) No. I've already made a form suited to the purposes of this RP.

@Mr.Glaceon Krillin, Yamcha, Tien, Chiaotzu, Launch and Videl are all options. Also the villain characters, of course. If you really need a refresher on people, go watch TFS' Dragon Ball Z Abridged. There's a ton of characters there as an option.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Well my character was a Sayain, so I would need to make an entirely new Bio. I'll post probably tomorrow because Mother's day.

Name: Kento
Race: Human/Namekian Hybrid (mom human, dad namekian)
Appearance: Kento has the green skin/scales of a Namekian, standing at 6'1" weighing 121 lbs. Kento has long, black hair with the ends intentionally cut rough. He has white eyes with a small black pupils. Kento wears a hooded, long sleeve shirt and long black pants.
Personality: Kento doesn't like spreading the fact he's half Namekian, often hidding it with his hood. He is quite nice normally though, and looks up to his hero, Nail, the universe's strongest Namekian.
Power Level: 23
Partner: (The hero/villain summoned by the Resurrection Ring.) Krillin
Equipment: Resurrection Ring, Capsules.
Backstory: Kento grew up like most children, going to school and attempting at getting scholarships from sports. Through his life, his heritige was always outcasted and caused people to bully him, leaving Kento to either walk away or fight. The later was normally the option. After leaving high school early, Kento began working at a gym full time as a career both for money and for protection.
Other:

Last edited:

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Well, most Namekians reproduced by spitting out eggs through their mouth, therefore they wouldn't need to have a penis. Now can we please change the subject?

ArmedBlue

Previously Manu456Alola
Name: Manuel Stone
Race: Human
Appearance: Manuel has black hair and brown eyes. When not in school, he wears a blue jacket with a white shirt underneath, blue jeans and black shoes. He also stands at 4"9, and wears glasses.
Personality: Manuel is a kind, calm person. He is strategic and logical at times, and also cares a lot about his friends.
Power Level: 15
Partner: Yamcha
Equipment: Resurrection Ring, Capsules, Phone.
Backstory: Average teenager interested in the combat era. Thinking about him getting Resurrection Ring inside an old box in his attic.
Other: IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!!

Last edited:
Name: Aster
Race: Majin
Appearance: Light pink skin, green eyes, A similar top to Launch, gold gloves and boots, yellow shorts. a ponytail made from her body on her head.
Personality: really friendly, although hates bullies, although she loves plants, she is very interested in the age of combat.
Power Level: 20
Partner: Launch
Equipment: Dimension ring, trowel, mobile phone.
Backstory: born from a Majin like every other Majin, Aster woke in a bed of flowers, and instantly decided that she loved them, later, she became interested in the age of combat. She owns a florist in the city near a library. She will find a dimension ring in one of her plants from a strange supplier.
Other: Plants, Plants, More plants!

Last edited: