• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Doubles Ruleset for the next league - VGC09 or VGC10?

Which ruleset do you want for the 2011 'Charms League?

• VGC09 (No Ubers)

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • VGC10 (Ubers)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • VGC09 (No Ubers)

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • VGC10 (Ubers)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Alright, since the next league is set to take place around mid-2011 I'd like to make sure no-one forgets about it. That, and you're likely going to need some time to prepare since the old doubles league that ended up being cancelled last time is returning...but with a slight change.

The clauses active are as follows:

* Species Clause: No two Pokemon with the same National Pokedex number can be used on one team.

* Item Clause: All 6 hold items on your team MUST be unique - no duplicate items whatsoever. Soul Dew is banned from use entirely.

* Fair Play Clause: If a player uses Explosion, Self Destruct, Perish Song or Destiny Bond to cause a draw, the user of the respective move loses.

Same doubles clauses as ever, but this is where the change lies - you see, while we initially used VGC09's ban list, which looked like this:

The following Pokemon are banned from use:

Mewtwo
‎Mew
Lugia
Ho-oh
Celebi
Kyogre
Groudon
Rayquaza
Jirachi
Deoxys
Dialga
Palkia
Giratina
Phione
Manaphy
Darkrai
Shaymin
Arceus

VGC10 did something a little different, having a restricted list AND a ban list, as shown:

You can use up to any two of the following on your team:

Mewtwo
Ho-Oh
Lugia
Groudon
Kyogre
Rayquaza
Dialga
Palkia
Giratina

The following Pokemon are banned from use:

Mew
Celebi
Jirachi
Deoxys
Phione
Manaphy
Darkrai
Shaymin
Arceus

As you can probably see, this means VGC10 allowed (some) Ubers to compete, whereas VGC09 did not. So, the decision is in your hands - you've seen the two banlists, so the vote is yours - will it be VGC09 (all Ubers are banned) or VGC10 (some Ubers are permitted but restricted) rules for this year's league?

Last edited by a moderator:

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Honestly, I think the London tournament bit the big one for more reasons than just the ruleset. :p

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
It's really hard to get people to comment on stuff these days, eh? :p

For the record, I voted VGC09 rules here, because I think they work great for Gen IV doubles and the VGC10 rules overcentralize things. As KoL has pointed out in the past, anyone using Kyorge properly can basically destroy everything. Mind you, I'm not competing so it really isn't up to me, but that's my vote.

'09 for the win here; else it will just resort to Kyogre + Palkia and a couple others, like Tyrogue, and some very narrow tactics. 09 had so much more variety, with the exceptions of Gengar and Metagross, but they always show up anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.