• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Don't Be a Fool

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Happy April Fools Day! Or unhappy... Depending if you've been the brunt of anyone's cruel jokes yet ;)

This shall be an all-purpose April Fools day topic. Post any good pranks you see on websites, funny stuff you've read/seen in the media, pranks people pulled on you (or tried to) or pranks you pulled on someone else.

As of now I'm on high alert but, being the paranoid person I am, that's nothing new. Haven't been fooled by anything or anyone yet, but all in good time...

So, share some of your experiences - especially the funny stuff ;D

Edit: TBA pointed this out - http://www.homestarrunner.com/ (the site's all upside down) ^^

Edit x2: Check out http://pocketmonsters.net/ for a great parody fansub of PKMN AG episode 160. Definitely not for kiddies ^^

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
Bit late to post, but...

Yesterday, GameFAQs.com had a page on the front that said that they'd been shut down by the AACA(I think) (The American Anti-Cheat something). Very nice one ^^

Prof. Cinders

Mathemagician
Staff member
Administrator
Found a Newsround article on whales in a school's swimming pool, and quickly found the article saying that it was an April Fools. There was also a report on Sportsround (or whatever that thingy's called) saying David Beckham's scottish.

The webcomic Ctrl+Alt+Del had everybody wearing each other's clothes in their strip today, which is the best trick I saw yesterday, because it was completely harmless. Everything else was too annoying/predictable/lame.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
There was also a report on Sportsround (or whatever that thingy's called) saying David Beckham's scottish.

I assume something like that means more to Europeans, eh? ;)

I didn't see too many gags yesterday but I didn't really look for them either. I saw a few revolving around the Pokemon anime and a few on D/P, but nothing convincing. The best stuff IMO were the jokes that were obviously fake but still really funny/cool. Or, as QQ said, subtle stuff.

No one tried to pull anything on me in real life, nor I them. We were all too lazy to bother :p

A forum I visit added a bunch of words to the word filter, making, for example, "Kirby" become "William Shatner." The abbreviation for my username, "TBA", became "Bob Dole." O_o

Prof. Cinders

Mathemagician
Staff member
Administrator
Another one: MuggleNet and the Leaky Cauldron, two huge HP fansites, said the admins were getting married - so they merged their sites to go with it. The LeakyMug didn't last long, though, as a quick argument over one of the mods apparently getting fired prompted a divorce.