• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS Does anyone know a good Ambipom moveset?

I restarted my Pearl version once again, and I've also recently restarted Emerald and Ruby.
( Wow, I really need to get other Poke'mon games! Especially F-R, L-G. )
Anyways, I was just wondering of a good moveset for an Ambipom.
This is what I was thinking:

Ambipom ;
Ability : Pickup
[ ITEM ]
Double Hit
U-Turn
Agility
Shadow Claw

First of all... get Technician instead of Pickup. It makes Double Hit that much more powerful. Combined with a Silk Scarf, it turns it into some sort of two-hit-no-recharge-deathly Hyper Beam. Only not, I guess.

You've got a nice start here. I really only have one change to make, aside from the ability. XD

Ambipom:
Ability - Technician
(Item... either a Silk Scarf for a little power boost or a Focus Sash. Ambi's pretty delicate.)
Double Hit
U-Turn
Fake Out
Whatever you want here.

If Ambi's fast enough, then you go Fake Out -> U-Turn, and foes won't even know what hit them.
And if it looks like Ambi could take the enemy out itself, just go for the Double Hit.

Well, I really was actually leaning towards Pick Up on purpose. His main purpose was to inflict either the finishing blows or deadly blows on Ghost/Psychic types. Generally just your average weakening Pokemon.
I was also planning on attempting to get a Munchlax to do the REAL damage.

EDIT;

Yes, I'm going to evolve it into Snorlax.
xP

EDIT EDIT;

I caught another Aipom, level ten. She's got Naive nature ( +speed, -Sp.Def )
Also, she's got Run Away, which means Technician, right?
Anyways, I'll try the above suggestions with her.