• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Does a power ranger role play sound interesting?

So it may just be me but, I find the thought of a power rangers role play very interesting. A bunch of weird villains, funny story arcs and the like. People could be recurring villains or important side characters, have their own zords. Not a fully cemented idea for the main bad guy and plot but have an idea that may work. Just a thought, I hope I'm not the only power rangers fan on here either.

Taken colours:
Red/copper: @Light MaskMan
Blue/cobalt: @SMRPG64
Yellow/pyrite: @Generation Sect
Green/iron: @TwinsieTarantula
Black/gunmetal: @Frontier Master
White/aluminum: @Ultimate Roleplayer
Pink/steel: @numb74
Grey/titanium: @Lord Of Pain

Villains:
Bronze: @Lord Of Pain
Silver: @Stormursa
Magnetman: @SMRPG64
Chrome: @Lord Of Pain
Granny Smush: @Stormursa

Important non ranger characters:
Skywatcher(Ai used by the gold ranger to find earth and help find the zords): @Stormursa

Here is the form for characters. Now that we have decided on a plot.
Name:
Looks:
Personality:
Ranger colour(if they are a ranger):
Zord(if ranger):
Weapon(if they are a ranger):
History:

Monster form(very basic and easy to fill!)
Name:
Looks:
Power:

Last edited:
Of course there would be the original team and as people want then there could be new rangers. I'm thinking that maybe their zords can talk and have a smaller form, the smaller forms used like the disks from the samurai power rangers season.

I've actually Only watched Samurai and a tiny bit of Megaforce or whatever, so we need a really cheesy name. Power Ranger 'Charms? Piggy Rangers? (An actual thing me and my friends made up, I'm blue...) just Power Rangers?

Also what was your idea for the plot?

My idea for the plot was that there was another earth. On this earth there was rangers and after being betrayed by the Metallic ranger(a terrminator ranger that can be destroyed) the last ranger(haven't decided on colour escaped to the earth everything takes place on, bringing with them the zords. That ranger died of either old age or something else and asked its children or something to hide the zords incase the metallic ranger and the other big evil guy. The metallic ranger and big bad guy find where the last ranger went and try to destroy/take over the world to get them.

And throughout the story, all of the rangers are searching for the Gold Ranger's heir, the most powerful ranger of all, and the one destined to destroy the Metelic Ranger

Yep! These are great ideas. Bronze probably gets stabbed in the back by silver and they take over the throne of the bad guys. For the title, how about Power Rangers, Metal Masters? People could have one zords that talks but only when their in their tiny form.

Cool! Yea! If we are going with normal colours dibs green (unless we are using black *cough* Megaforce, in which case I'll use blue)
If we are going with metals, which would be cool... Cobalt?

We could go with the original colours then maybe everyone gets a second form that is a metal ranger? Like yellow turns into the gold ranger and blue turns into cobalt.

Mega force aren't the only ones who swapped green with black

Also for metals, to avoid using silver, gold and bronze I suggest

Red - Copper
Blue - Cobalt
Yellow - Damascuse steel (bronze/iron alloy)
Green/black - Iron
Pink - Steel

Evil ranger who becomes good (?) Can be grey and is Titanium

We could have both a green and black ranger. Also any ideas on what the little minion guys should be called? I agree with the metal choices though, all would work nicely.

That works, I actually like the idea. So we have the
Red ranger:
Blue ranger:
Yellow ranger:
Green ranger
Pink ranger
Black ranger
White ranger
Any other colour if enough people join:
Grey ranger:

Villains:
Silver ranger:
Bronze ranger:
Whatever reacuring monsters someone might want to be:

I get Blue/Cobalt and some stupid Reoccuring Villain called Magnet Man who is actually really weak but can control any Magnetic metals while in their "Metal Form"

Seems good but now shouldn't all zords have a reoccurring theme in them?

Also magnet man sounds like the villain who everyone underestimates until he kicks some butt and then everyone is scared of him... I love him already!

That sounds hilarious, he probably just runs away, sending rusties at them until they turn into their metal forms then causes havoc. The zords could be made of or named after a metal element from the periodic table like Mecury Cerberus(which I call dibs on by the way)

Promethium Horse Chariot (most evil turned good rangers have these zords that become their own separate megazord or upgrade for the main megazord, mine is basically a chariot drove by 4 horses and a Pegasus at the front)

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind being a Yellow Ranger, and I was thinking of having him have Pyrite as the element. What with Gold being that of the old master. If Pyrite goes through it would be funny to have people think he is the heir but it turns out he isn't as Pyrite is also known as Fool's Gold.

That's sounds like a good plot point, could cause a lot of drama and maybe the yellow ranger would even be tempted by the bornze and silver ranger to the evil side for a short period of time.

Well we need is say like two or one more person. We kinda need a ranger team. I could rp as the villains and the original gold ranger to set everything up but we kinda of need the next rangers after that.

we already have out of the original 5 three rangers but only one that mentioned their color

and then im the 6th ranger who starts bad and then becomes good

yeah we need 2 more

I was thinking that he would have two potential stories:

1: He was a spy all along, sent to pretend to be the heir and is replaced by the grey ranger after that is revealed.

2: He was convinced he was the heir but on discovery he was not he gradually grew bitter and joined Bronze and Silver.

1 would make the most sense realistically, but 2 would mean more personality change for him. If the Golden Ranger had a Dragon, I think the Pyrite Zord should be a Wyrm. Flightless dragon, sometimes not even having legs.

Wyverns can actually fly. In some predictions they face wings and their tails are like a scorpions. A better change would be a hydra or a kraken maybe

Name: Valmont Hexen
Looks: black hair with silver highlights, purple eyes, wears a grey shirt with "SPARTA" written on it in purple, wears a darker shade of grey jacket and black fingerless gloves, black skinny jeans and purple jogging shoes
Personality: smart, creative, loyal until betrayed, often has violent mood swings and can be cocky and a tiny bit psychotic
Ranger colour: Grey
Zord: Horse Chariot
Weapon: Scythe
History: used to be a normal slightly Psychotic teen until he met the silver ranger, the silver range recruited him and promised him great power which Valmont gladly accepted, the powers the gained did cause him to get violent mood swings every now and then

Name: Crystalline Grain
Age: 24(during her and bronze's time looking for gold they found a way to stay youthful)
Looks: short chin length blonde hair that has one silver streak in the front, striking blueish grey eyes, pale skin kinda like a corpse would have.
Personality: power hungry and willing to get rid of those she sees as trustworthy, rewards loyalty and enjoys watching those she sees dislike suffer, she can be manipulative and will do anything to get what she wants
Ranger colour: Silver
Zord: Mercury Cerberus
weapon: an umbrella that woks as a sheild and has a sword in its hilt(Neo's weapon from Rwby but dark silver and black)
History: born to the planet that the gold ranger and zords came from, she betrayed the rest of the Rangers along side the bronze ranger, forcing good to flee she hunted them down and now plans to gather the zords, taking down anyone that gets in her way.

Name: Skywatcher
Looks: a floating mask that is see through and changes colours
Personality: help in any way his can, can be a little bit of a captain obvious
History: made by and travelled with the gold ranger before he died, he kept track of all zord locations, his the planet for as long as he could, and was given the job of finding the next set of rangers and lead them to their zords and against the looming threat.

Name: Isaac Willow
Looks: Quite short, with short light brown hair and dark brown eyes. He usually wears a black hoodie with golden circles on it, and jeans, with white and gold trainers.
Personality: Despite trying his best to be funny, he can hold a grudge for a while and is snarky and rude when angered.
Ranger Colour: Yellow / Pyrite
Zord: Wyrm, a dragon missing wings and legs.
Weapon: Cutlass
History: Isaac was raised by adopted parents, and when he returned to the orphanage he resided in as a child he discovered a small pendant, worn by the owner of the orphanage, now dead. The pendant became a small form of the Pyrite Zord, who suspected that Isaac must have been the heir he was told to seek out. Isaac gladly accepted the suspicion that he might be more than he thought.

I'm probably going with path 2, it's going to take more explaining but it's better for the story. Also, I'm thinking that the orphanage's deceased owner should have been relayed to the Golden ranger in some way, making more sense that Pyrite would think Isaac was the heir.

If your waiting for me to accept you both, you both are accepted. Also if the entrance paragraph confused anything(how grey and silver know each other) this is the third time The silver ranger has been to earth, the first two times a scouting mission and she had been dressed down in human clothes.