• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Divide and Conquer (Discussion)

Which story line should we follow?

• A clan of ninja’s seen to have noticed Cragspur’s weakness and have been disrupting the peace.

• There is some tension between neighboring kingdoms.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Divide and Conquer is an RP I’ve been thinking about starting for almost a week and a half now. This RP will be based on the Pokémon Conquest game. Before you sign up or decide you’re interested read through everything below.

STORY -

This particular story will take place in Cragspur, one of seventeen kingdoms in the Ransei region. Cragspur is in a mountainous location and in terms of technology, is very behind. Due to poor living conditions and poverty the kingdom and its people have completely lost their trust in both their Lord and their fellow citizens. The kingdom is on the verge of a civil war. With the morale of the ruler being so low the kingdoms army has begun to thin and become extremely vulnerable to attack. Recruitment has also come to an almost complete halt.

Seeing as how fights have begun to break out constantly within the kingdom some of the lesser experienced soldiers have been delegated the task of Peacekeeper. Their duty is to prevent and stop any discord between citizens and to patrol the kingdom at all times.

RULES -

• Basic Pokecharms rules
• As a warrior you may only have one Pokémon with you at a time. Seeing as how this is a very historical time period there is no pokeballs nor any other form of Pokémon capture. Warriors may emotionally link with wild Pokémon they wish to be with. You may only be linked with three Pokémon at a time.
• Romance between is allowed and encouraged to add to the plot.
• Pokemon should be in the lower tier of strength
• Players will act as the Peacekeepers (Special exceptions may be made but are unlikely)

SETTING -
The kingdom of Cragspur, Ransei

Inside the kingdom there is one large city.
Due to being a mountainous area there are more ripe bridges than there are roads. For the few roads that are present they’re quite dangerous as they are built on cliffs.

(NOTICE - This RP may contain sensitive subjects such as kidnapping, blood, violence, and murder.)

If you made it through all of that, congrats! You probably got bored halfway through but kept reading because the plot interested you. Don’t worry, I bored myself just writing that. If you did make it here then you’re most likely wanting to join. Lucky for you, all you have to do to join is fill out this charachter information sheet and as long as you are a decent writer you should be in like that!

Name -
Age - (This can vary anywhere between 18-25)
Gender - (Keep in mind that this is a historical setting and that same gender relationships are considered taboo.)
Armor - (Light, Medium, or Heavy)
Appearance - (Idc if you use a picture or just describe it)
Pokemon Move Specialty - (Ranged or Physical attacks)
Personality - (Just because you’re a warrior doesn’t mean you’re some fierce badass. Keep in mind the Peacekeepers are mostly unexperienced)
Reason for recruitment - (All warriors have some reason for wanting to join the army of a warlord. What’s yours?)
Linked Pokémon - (You may have up to three linked Pokémon)
Pokemon partner - (Despite having other Pokémon available this is the one that you have bonded with the most. You travel with this Pokémon at all times)
Misc. Information -

Pokémon - (How many?)

(Pokémon 1)
Species -
Gender -
Moveset - (Try to keep this at a maximum of 4-5)
Misc. Information -

I’m sure there’s plenty of holes in my plot and rules that I meant to put in but didn’t. I’m tired. If you have any questions or I didn’t make anything clear enough please feel free to ask. I may add some things as I see fit (or just if there’s something I realized I missed). Hopefully this turns out a success. :p

Rex

Resident Furry
Name - Ren Mizushima
Age - 24
Gender - Male
Armor - Light
Appearance - A tall, reedy man, unnaturally pale with a too wide smile. He has short, dark brown hair and blue eyes. The most eye catching thing about him is perhaps the long orange hooded coat he wears. Underneath it is a common enough blue shirt and baggy tan pants, complete with brown boots and gloves. His armor, worn over the coat, consists of a simple breastplate, alongside guards attached to his boots and shins, and gloves and forearms. He wears a pair of daggers on his belt.
Pokemon Move Specialty - Physical
Personality - Ren effects a calm, quiet demeanor. He claims to be someone who likes to solve conflict though dialogue rather than violence, fighting being something he professes a general lack of skill in. He comes across as nice, if a little distant, but generally harmless all the same.
Reason for recruitment - Ren is here to do his part for his homeland!
Linked Pokémon - Buizel, will collect two others over the course of the story.
Pokemon partner - Buizel
Misc. Information - Such an odd man. There's something about him that seems a bit off kilter, but you can't quite put your finger on it.

Pokémon
Species
- Buizel
Gender - Male
Moveset - Aqua Jet, Aqua Tail, Ice Punch, Aqua Ring, Rain Dance
Misc. Information - Nicknamed Kaito, has Swift Swim as his ability.

@Rex ~ Accepted

Name - Junzo Ishii
Age - 19

Gender - Male

Armor - Light (Chestplate + Knee Pads)

Appearance - Junzo is a average-sized man with messy black hair and green eyes. He wears leather armor to improve mobility. Underneath his armor he wears a green cotton shirt that’s a bit to big for him and darker colored pants. Junzo, being an unskilled swordfighter, wears an iron short sword around his waist with bandages wrapped around the grip.

Pokémon Move Specialty - Physical

Personality - Junzo, still coming out of his teenage years, is highly curious when it comes to the unknown. He has a very sharp intelligence for his age and notices small details with ease. He is also bold and will not hesitate to take action when needed.

Reason for Recruitment - When he faced against the Warlord of Cragspur Junzo was easily defeated. After defeat the Warlord offered to let Junzo work for him. Junzo thought about it and decided that being a part of an army with such a strong leader would be good and accepted.

Linked Pokémon - Croagunk (Might link with other Pokémon in the future)

Pokémon partner - Croagunk

Misc. Information - Junzo is commonly referred to as “June”. His last name means “One who resides in a rocky place”.

Pokémon
Species - Croagunk
Gender - Male
Moveset - Poison Jab, Low Kick, Protect, Gunk Shot, Focus Punch
Misc. Information - Dry Skin Abilty

Name - Koda Minoru
Age - 21
Gender - Male
Armor - Medium
Appearance - Relatively short with unkempt dark grey hair that covers his left eye. His eyes usually have dark bags under them and are so dark of a shade of blue that it looks like they have no pupils. Usually has poor posture and is slightly malnourished. Wears a white bandage wrapped around the entirety of his left arm. He wears relatively heavy shin guards and shoulder guards with a chestplate. Wears a leather quiver on his back and a strap that stores his bow.
Pokemon Move Specialty - Ranged
Personality - Koda values his Linked Pokemon's safety above all else. Despite his offputting appearance, he is genuinely kind and enjoys striking up friendly conversation. He usually overanalyzes a situation before it occurs.
Reason for recruitment - Wants to do the best for himself and his Pokemon.
Linked Pokémon - Mienfoo and Skrelp.
Pokemon partner - Mienfoo
Misc. Information - Birthday is August 4th.

Pokémon

Species
- Mienfoo
Gender - Male
Moveset - Force Palm, Detect, Meditate, Fake Out
Misc. Information - His nickname is Tiao, and his ability is Inner Focus.

Species - Skrelp
Gender - Male
Moveset - Smokescreen, Water Gun, Acid, Poison Tail
Misc. Information - His nickname is Doro, and his ability is Poison Point.

Name: Casper Elias Klaus
Armour: Light
Appearance: Unusually pale and nymphine in his features, Casper stands at 6'2 with lean muscles, narrow shoulders, and a small build. His limbs are long and seemingly very awkward, although he is able to use them with just enough fluidity to make each of his movements seem perfectly natural. His pale blonde hair is slicked back over his scalp and the consistency of dry straw, free of any lustre. His face is triangular in shape, with a sharply defined jawline and high cheekbones. The skin around his eyes, a striking grey in colour, is dark with sleeplessness. He is heavily freckled, especially on his face, shoulders, and back, alongside having a multitude of bright red cherry angiomas over the course of his body. He sports a lightweight leather breastplate, arm bracers, and knee-high boots. Carried in his hands and oftentimes resting lazily against his shoulder is his glaive, unable to be sheathed due to the sheer length of its staff.
Pokémon Move Specialty: Physical
Personality: Somewhat less heroic than a warrior may be expected to be, Casper is greatly self-serving and egocentric. He lacks discipline and respect for his superiors, housing a tendency to weasel his way around even the most basic of commandments. Despite this, he is overwhelmingly charismatic, taking to introducing himself to and socializing with nearly every new person that he meets. Because of his overpoweringly energetic demeanour and complete inability to be serious, Casper can sometimes be difficult to handle. However, once he is aware that someone has a distaste for him, he will purposefully attempt to infuriate that person with his presence for his own amusement. Despite his bravado, Casper is deeply afraid of insects and the paranormal and is extremely easy to frighten, leaving him squeamish and finicky in tense situations. He is openly flirtatious towards women, but only flirts with men who he knows will not take his word seriously, fearing that he would be persecuted for homosexuality if he took a misstep in who he makes advances towards. Although he has publicly been involved with women in the past, there have been rumours that he has also been involved with men in privacy. There is not enough evidence to solidify these claims and he will quickly deny them if questioned.
Reason for Recruitment: Casper had enlisted in the military seeking adventure, as his peers had encouraged him to do.
Linked Pokémon: Murkrow, Salandit
Pokémon Partner: Murkrow
Misc. Information: Was nearly discharged during basic training once it was realized that he was stealing extra rations from the kitchen for his barrack.

Pokémon

Species: Murkrow
Move Set: Night Shade, Wing Attack, Pursuit, Peck
Misc. Information: Called "Marauder"; Insomnia Ability

Species: Salandit
Move Set: Ember, Dragon Rage, Scratch, Smog
Misc. Information: Called "Bandit"; Oblivious Ability

Last edited:
Hope you don't mind what I did here,, I was planning on RPin with a dude, but since there were enough already, ehhh let's do a cheesy lil twist

Real name - Leonie Moreau
Alias - Benjamin Acre
Age - 19
Gender - female, although no one is aware of that yet
Armor - light
Appearance - Leonie (well, Benjamin) has her light brown hair sloppily cut short, to fit the role of a man better. Her facial features are androgynous enough for her to look the part, too - her eyebrows are messy, lips thin, and she has very short eyelashes, so it all takes away from how slim her face is. Her physique is slim as well, and any curve is hidden by the clothes and armour. The only thing letting her down are her height, and voice; Leonie's 5'2, and stood out from the other, taller men from the guild. Her excuse was claiming that it ran in her family. It worked most of the time.
Personality - Leonie is extremly competitive. Her friend, Sebastian, once dared her to try join the Peacemaker guild. Although Leonie had no intention of actually joining them, when the man who stood guard at the application facility told her women had no part in a place like that, Leonie got fueled by so much rage, she promised that she would become a top Peacemaker and prove him wrong. She isn't sure how exactly she would get out lf the role of Benjamin Acre now, though. The more time flies, the more she believes she screwed herself over.
In addition to her annoyingly stubborn nature, she's easily startled, and a bit squeamish around gorey stuff. She learned to gag internally, since everyone would make fun of her for being that squeamish in a position where she would see that regularly. Leonie's also athletic and enduring, which helped her get through the training phase. Sparring with Sebastian through the years really payed off.
She can't wait to punch him again.
Her nickname as Benjamin is Jimmy, something she finds extremly dumb because, Ben is right there. Boys will be boys?
Reason for recruitment - Mostly out of spite. Leonie enjoys knowing she is a part of protecting the citizens of her kingdom though, even if it wasn't what drove her to join.
Linked Pokémon - Pawniard
Pokemon partner - Pawniard
Misc. Information - Leonie gets crushes easily. It's a big problem when you're pretending to be a boy, but can't help pining over another.

Pokémon - 1

Species - Pawniard
Gender - male
Moveset - Iron Head, Swords Dance, Sucker Punch, Thief
Misc. Information - Pawniard helps Leonie keep her act up whenever he notices she's slipping. He also teases her whenever her current crush is near.
He's not the most virtuous Pokemon around. Leonie has to remind him they're the good guys. No stealing, no matter how shiny something is.

Oof

Being a huge conquest fan myself, this RP seems really interesting

However, I will be spectating instead since the sign-ups are closed at the momemt.

Oof

Being a huge conquest fan myself, this RP seems really interesting

However, I will be spectating instead since the sign-ups are closed at the momemt.
Well... if you’re a Conquest fan ;)

I’ll make a special exception and let you join. Please be sure to get a charachter post up!

Oh? Might as well take this opportunity

screams from a conquest fangirl is heard in the distance

Name - Kano Shojiro
Age - 19
Gender - Female
Armor - Light
Appearance - She sports medium-length ginger hair with her eyes having hazel colors. Kano wears a black and blue kimono. lightweight chest plate above her short kimono. This kimono is the same blue and black color. She also happens to wear black leggings that reach just past her knees. Around her neck is a necklace with a blue feather as it’s pendant. Kano stands at 5”7 ft.
Personality - Kano is mostly a girl who always show determination, along with being a little short-tempered and reckless. She seems to also enjoy throwing around jokes and messing around a little when she is not doing her job. The reason why she puts on a confident face most of the time is due to not wanting to reveal her fears in insecurities, as she does not want to be viewed as a brittle person.
Reason for recruitment - Her family has been tailors for.. who knows how long. Although she was more interested in becoming a warrior, she was constantly told that she must carry on the tradition of becoming a tailor. And so she did, until she became more aware of her kingdom’s problems. She closed her shop for a few weeks to find a Pokémon and familiarize herself with battle so she can finally become what she has always wanted to be.
Linked Pokémon - Archen
Pokemon partner - Archen

Pokémon - One. Just Archen.

Archen
-
Species - Yes, its an Archen
Gender - Male
Moveset -
  • Acrobatics
  • Rock Throw
  • Dragon Breath
  • U-Turn
Misc. Information - Sometimes called “Archie” by Kano.

Last edited:
I just wanted to ask before I responded to the RP thread, whether or not I am able to assume the role of the Warlord as an NPC in my response (i.e. his reaction to my character volunteering), or if you yourself will be taking on that role? I wanted to check in with you first.

I just wanted to ask before I responded to the RP thread, whether or not I am able to assume the role of the Warlord as an NPC in my response (i.e. his reaction to my character volunteering), or if you yourself will be taking on that role? I wanted to check in with you first.
You act as the Warlord for when your charachter is being knighted just make sure you include the pledge.

Oh, if that's the case then I'll go back and edit my reply -- I also modified Leonie's backstory a little bit to fit with the RP better. Hope it's no big deal.

Oh, if that's the case then I'll go back and edit my reply -- I also modified Leonie's backstory a little bit to fit with the RP better. Hope it's no big deal.
I read through it and it looks good :up:

Also @Toramaru could you edit your first post so you have the Warlord knighting you and such?

Once we’ve all accepted our role as Peacekeeper we’re gonna move to the next week and officially begin our jobs.

aye, glad you approve.

also, how much of the story is planned? No need to reveal if you want it to be a surprise, just curious.
I didn’t want the story to set the story completely for fear of awkward turn around points to get back on track. As a RPer I realize sometimes people join and choose to do some of their own thing which I understand. So I created three scenarios completely different from each other and depending how the beginning plays out I will choose one. In other words, I got it figured out.

My recent post was heavily focused on the Warlord and his thoughts this time (Mostly to point out his motivation for creating the role of Peacekeeper). In the future there will be no (or very little) thoughts and action should from the Warlord in the RP itself. Instead any other information will come from the scrolls that I mentioned earlier. (Side note: I am currently writing the first historical scroll. Rather than being one written by the Warlord it will be one that has been archived in the past)

Here are the first series of scrolls! Keep in mind none of the information below is canon but rather my own spin on Pokémon Conquest theories.

Archived Scroll #243
Title ~ 最初の地域戦争。
(The first regional war)

The first regional was one that the entire region of Ransei learned from. The reason it had begun was because of power. Princess Himiko of the Royal Clan was to be married to the eldest son of the Warlord of Dragnor. Most all other kingdoms at the time opposed this because it would put Dragnor as the new head of the Royal Clan. Not long before the marriage the princess went missing. Presumably kidnapped and killed by someone from another Kingdom. This sparked the first battles, fought only out of suspicion over the culprit of Himiko’s disappearance.

Archived Scroll #244
Title ~ ロイヤルクラン
(The Royal Clan)

The Royal Clan was a clan solely based off of the fairy type. The Pokémon god Arceus resides with them. Not much is known about this clan other than the fact that the ruler of the clan reigned over all of Ransei and its other clans (At the time instead of kingdoms there were clans, each with a love of a specific type of Pokémon). After the first regional war the Royal Clan was disbanded by Arceus himself. He also transported all Fairy type Pokémon from the region as well as the Fairy type users away from the region (Presumably to the other side of the world, to live in peace. Some fairy trainers deserted the Royal Clan and lived in the snowy mountains near Dragnor. It is theorized that the Pokémon which lived there [Undiscovered prior to this migration] were fairy types that had adapted to the cold weather and formed the ice-type. Because of this belief it is said the deserters formed Nixtorm themselves).

Oooo I like this spin on Conquest! I love how it explains the absence of fairy-type Pokemon
If you liked that you should check out this link ~ https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/Pokemon_University/comments/4sx015/theory_ransei_the_lost_region/#ampf=undefined ([Theory] Ransei, the Lost Region : Pokemon_University)

It’s where I got some of the information for me to base the scroll off of.

Also! (This is for everybody) I’ve narrowed down the two ways I feel this Roleplay should go. I’ve posted a poll. If you do not wish for spoilers please don’t click down below.

End Goals for Option 1 in poll ~ Find origin of disrupting ninjas. Use this knowledge to capture and expel the ninjas from the Kingdom. All is well, end of RP.

End Goals for Option 2 in poll ~ Cragspur is attacked by neighboring kingdoms after a fight breaks out. Cragspur is invaded. Eventual victory. Peace and wealth throughout the kingdom.

KEEP IN MIND THAT THERE WILL BE PLENTY OF TIME BEFORE THE TRIGGERING PART OF EACH PLOTLINE. SO THERE WILL BE TIME TO MESS AROUND IN THIS ROLEPLAY.

I plan on having future role plays also based on the Conquest game. Possibly relating to this era or future eras.

Last edited:
Archived Scroll #92
Title ~ ロックキングダム
(Rock Kingdom)

Otherwise known as Cragspur this kingdom is home to many different mountains, rock type Pokémon, and ores. Cragspur is the home of what was once the Rock Clan, a clan during the time of the Royal Clan that swore by the power of rock types. This kingdom quickly grew in power due to the fact that rock types have few weaknesses (especially in the nearby area) and because mining jobs were easy to obtain. Since mining was one of the few jobs available all of the reachable valued ores were quickly gone. This lead to the economic downfall of the kingdom. Mining made the kingdom go round. Without precious ores there was no longer anything to sell. Without anything but food (imported from neighboring kindoms due to a lack of agricultural land) for trade there was no money circulation. The thinning amount of gold in the Cragsperian treasury has lead to less and less food being imported from other kingdoms.

So... unless people are still wanting to continue this roleplay I guess I’m closing it? If you’re interested in continuing and there’s not enough people to do so I’d be open to continuing 1x1 in PM.