• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Discussion/Sign ups/Character Bios for Pokemon City Streets

Hi! This is the discussion page for a new RP I'm starting called Pokémon City Streets. This RP will primarily focus around Pokemon living on the streets of Unova's Castelia City and what they get up to. Life won't necessarily be easy, especially with a new gang of trainers known as Team Freak capturing and stealing Pokémon for evil.

Rpers will be allowed to play as Pokémon both, wild, or owned by a trainer or as a human. You can have up to 2 Pokémon characters, and 1 human character, although I'll be an exception as I'll play NPCs as well.

It should be noted that humans and Pokémon can understand each other in this RP.

Romance will be allowed, but obviously not between human and Pokémon and both RPers must agree.

Finally, here's how to format your Character bios!

Name:
Species:
Age: (Humans must be over 16. Can be rough age for pokemon, or what they're human equivalent age would be)
Personality:
Appearance:
Moves: (if you're a pokemon)
Short Backstory: Why are they on the streets? Are they living there?
That's pretty much all! Hope people are interested in joining!

(Edit: I forgot to mention, don't make your characters too OP)

Last edited:
Name: Charlotte
Species: Flareon
Age: 6 in actual years, but if they were human, it's the equivalent of being in her early 20s.
Personality: Spoiled and Bratty. Completely innocent to what the real world is like.
Appearance: Well groomed, and a tiny bit chubby.
Moves: Scratch, Bite, Growl, Ember.
Backstory: Their trainer caught them as an Eevee when they were still a little kid and evolved them very early, as he wanted her to be a trophy pokemon, to look pretty and make him look good. Still being a kid, she wanted to play and have lots of affection but her trainer kind of neglected her, just giving her gifts as a substitute, causing her to become quite spoiled and bratty. She ran away, the night the RP starts due to an argument with her trainer, and is about to very much regret it.

Dead account

Previously Super Lazy Man
Name: Pias
Species: Pikachu ((wild))
Age: (Humans must be over 16. Can be rough age for pokemon, or what they're human equivalent age would be) 7, if human would be 21
Personality: he is nice and brave, but he can get a little too over confident, wich sometimes causes trouble for him
Appearance: he has some streaks of orange in his fur
Moves: (if you're a pokemon)
Thunder
Quick attack
Agility
Thunder shock

Nombre De Usuario

Previously JesusoChristo
Name: Blizzard
Species: Cubchoo
Personality: A little bit over-confident, protective, and a goofball
Appearance: she looks like a normal cubchoo, but she has a crimson red scarf.
Moves: Hail, Blizzard, Ice punch
Short Backstory: Why are they on the streets? Are they living there? Blizzard was born in a nice cozy home, with her mother, their trainer practically was nice, over time, their trainer had his own family too, but her trainers family wasn't quite nice, they didn't like pokemon, especially Ice types, time flew by and Blizzard and her mother, were mistreated, they couldn't take it any more, so they ran away, hoping to get as far away as they could, but because they don't have a trainer anymore, they were not safe, Blizzard's mother passed away, trying to protect her from a wild pokemon, and she was left all alone, but that didn't keep her from her life, she still stayed the funny, and protective little cubchoo she is, hiding the true pain.

CripsyPotatoChips

Previously HoennPokegirl
Name: Frost
Species: Vanillite (wild)
Personality: She is bubbly and makes friends easily, but also clumsy. Also kind of childish
Appearance: Just smaller than usual, nothing else
Moves: Icy Wind, Avalanche, Mist, and Taunt
Backstory: She was a gift to a young girl as a partner Pokemon. The girl aged and became a very competitive trainer. She thought Frost was too small and weak to be on her team, so she released her into the streets of Castelia. Frost understands why her trainer left her, but still hopes to see her in the city. Frost also tries to train herself to prove that any Pokemon can be strong.

Name: Atlas
Species: Fraxure
Personality: Atlas is a bit of a loner, a grump, if you will. Despite this he is still competitive and enjoys a good tussle, especially against someone who can pose a challenge. Atlas isn’t exactly charismatic, and prefers that others find him intimidating, rather than approachable, but he will occasionally make friends with those he can come to respect. He finds life in Castelia exiting, as he is free to do as he pleases.
Appearance: Just a regular Fraxure, but his left “blade” is snapped off close to his mouth.
Moves: Dragon Pulse, Taunt, Iron Tail, Payback
Short Backstory: Atlas’ trainer was a pretty laid back owner, and really only captured him to become part of their collection. Atlas wasn’t content to be a pet, so he destroyed his own pokeball and ran away. He is now content to live as a wild Pokémon.

Let me know if I need to add anything! Might add some other characters later.

Mr. Machiavellian

Previously riskyie
Name: Declan
Species: Human
Personality: Declan is usually the kind of guy who has a good heart and usually helps out. He’s a little shy and cautious though, and isn’t comfortable with taking risks. He gives food for Pokemon on the streets, he donates to charity, Declan will do all that in an effort to make the region of Unova a better place.
Appearance: Declan has short brown hair and tanned skin. He doesn’t look like a shy man at first due to his piercing blue eyes. Usually, he wears simple and casual clothing, just a pair of black jeans and a white shirt and an occasional red Pokeball hoodie. Standing at 6’05”, he’s described as a “gentle giant.”
Short Backstory: Declan does not currently live on the streets, though he helps out there with the majority of stuff, like small donations and gifting Pokemon morsels.

Name: Rainier
Species: Absol
Personality: Due to his abandonment, Rainier is very distrusting of humans, and it will only be when another Pokémon is treated kindly by a human that he will trust said human. Besides that, he's a loyal protector of abandoned Pokémon, for he knows all too well what that feels like.
Appearance: Your regular Absol.
Moves: Perish Song, Shadow Ball, Hail, Thunderbolt
Backstory: Rainier was gifted to his trainer for her birthday, and she loved him dearly, choosing him as the first Pokémon in any battle. It was only when she reached Castelia City that she happened to be told the fact that Absol was a Pokémon that disasters usually followed. Thinking this meant bad luck for her, she unhappily abandoned him on the streets of Castelia.

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
Name: Koba
Species: mightyena
Personality: Koba is highly aggressive and cautious towards anyone he doesn't know, but mostly towards humans, therefore he steals whatever he seems fit to survive in the streets.
Appearance: Coba fur is dirty and roughed up and his left eye is covered by a large claw mark
Moves: crunch, fire fang, dark pulse, scary face
Short Backstory: Koba life was fine, him and his owner was part of a underground fight club for Pokemon and everytime Koba won a fight his owner would praise him for it, but after a while Koba lost a fight which made his left eye almost useless, therefore when him and his owner were in the streets his owner told him to stay in some alleyway and told koba he be right back so he just sat there waiting for his owner to come back but after two days of just waiting there he realized that his owner wasn't coming back and that he abandoned him.

These are all great! For now, I'm gonna say no more characters, since there's quite a lot now, but I'll likely open it again in the future. If people are really really interested in joining, then PM me and I might be able to sort something out.

What kind of things are going to happen with Team Freak? I would like to hear more about them and how they will appear in the RP itself.

What kind of things are going to happen with Team Freak? I would like to hear more about them and how they will appear in the RP itself.

Honestly, I don't really have much of an idea myself. In terms of what they do, they more like team rocket largely just being a criminal organisation, who happen to treat Pokémon very poorly, rather than having some huge plan. I'll think once we've got to know the characters more, I'll open it up for more Humans to join, and give people the option of joining Team Freak. I'm actually allowing in another player who PM'd me, who's going to be part of Team Freak

Edit: I should also add, that whilst they aren't particularly powerful in terms of fighting other humans, for a wild pokemon barely surviving on the streets, they and their pokemon will seem very powerful and they will be difficult to evade. At least at the start of the RP, fighting them head on would almost definitely get you captured.

Last edited:

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Name: Jason
Personality: Jason is not exactly your typical trainer. Instead of caring for Pokémon and wanting to be friends with them he only thinks of them as tools. He'll do practically anything for self-gain and enjoys performing evil deeds. He can be hotheaded at times and doesn't care about people's, or Pokémon's, feelings.
Appearance: He usually wears Team Freak's uniform for his choice of clothing. He has messy pink hair and hazel eyes. He has a scrawny build due to growing up malnourished.
Short Backstory: Before he joined Team Freak he was at the bottom of the food chain. And I mean, ALL the way at the bottom. Even among homeless people and thugs he wasn't that capable of performing decently relative to his "peers." He couldn't fend for himself and the main thing that got him through living in the streets was his charisma. This changed however when he joined Team Freak. When he heard what they were recruiting he jumped at the opportunity to get out of his hell of a life. He was given clothes, a Pokémon, and even, though not exactly great in the taste department, a stable source of edible food. Now his goal in life is to climb up the ranks of the evil organization using whatever cheap trick, dirty tactic, or amount of actual effort is needed.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
actually sorry it was my bad I thought Vanillite used Flash Cannon. but good to know flexibility with moves extends to TMs

Chunky Ramen

Previously Canadian_Fish
hmm. Seems legit. Just before I say anything though,
owned by a trainer
Does that mean I can have two characters? If not, I can just scratch his pokemon.
---
Name: Haru Raito (Although he prefers the nickname 'Shunrai')

Personality: He's a complicated person, one second he might be angry, and the other he's completely fine. But usually tries to stay cheery. He doesn't mind to talk to people, but would rather spend time with Minun.

Appearance: He's somewhat pale, and rather scrawny, with gold-ish colored eyes and wild, short black hair. He usually wears a red t-shirt and grey (idk if there's a difference but male) capris and black tennis shoes.

Short Backstory: He doesn't live there, but finds himself there quite a lot. He enjoys spending time away from the larger pieces of society, and giant crowds of strangers make him feel tense. He doesn't have what you might call a 'friend', unless you'd count his Minun. At the end of each day, he could care less, though. As long as he gets to spend his time in the streets.
---
(If I can have two characters, here's this. If not, than ignore this.)
---
Name: Minun ("Lemon")
Species: Pokemon/Minun
Personality: Cheerful and supportive, but determined.
Appearance: Your average Minun.
Moves: Discharge (Egg move), Iron Tail, Helping Hand, and Swift
Short Backstory: It's simply Haru's partner Pokemon, nothing really different.

hmm. Seems legit. Just before I say anything though, Does that mean I can have two characters? If not, I can just scratch his pokemon.
---
Name: Haru Raito (Although he prefers the nickname 'Shunrai')

Personality: He's a complicated person, one second he might be angry, and the other he's completely fine. But usually tries to stay cheery. He doesn't mind to talk to people, but would rather spend time with Minun.

Appearance: He's somewhat pale, and rather scrawny, with gold-ish colored eyes and wild, short black hair. He usually wears a red t-shirt and grey (idk if there's a difference but male) capris and black tennis shoes.

Short Backstory: He doesn't live there, but finds himself there quite a lot. He enjoys spending time away from the larger pieces of society, and giant crowds of strangers make him feel tense. He doesn't have what you might call a 'friend', unless you'd count his Minun. At the end of each day, he could care less, though. As long as he gets to spend his time in the streets.
---
(If I can have two characters, here's this. If not, than ignore this.)
---
Name: Minun ("Lemon")
Species: Pokemon/Minun
Personality: Cheerful and supportive, but determined.
Appearance: Your average Minun.
Moves: Discharge (Egg move), Iron Tail, Helping Hand, and Swift
Short Backstory: It's simply Haru's partner Pokemon, nothing really different.

Yup that's totally fine!

Chunky Ramen

Previously Canadian_Fish
Just getting some corrections here.
a. It's nighttime, right?
b. When do we plan on (idk a word for it that isn't time skip, in case we're not doing that) to day?

Just getting some corrections here.
a. It's nighttime, right?
b. When do we plan on (idk a word for it that isn't time skip, in case we're not doing that) to day?
I don't think we ever specified a time of a day. Perhaps we could say, that due to smog during the day, and lights (and light pollution) during the night, it doesn't really get much darker or lighter? It'd just kinda be a little bit dark, most of the time?

Chunky Ramen

Previously Canadian_Fish
I don't think we ever specified a time of a day. Perhaps we could say, that due to smog during the day, and lights (and light pollution) during the night, it doesn't really get much darker or lighter? It'd just kinda be a little bit dark, most of the time?
@EllieBeth I didn't find an actual time of day in that post, forgive me if im just stupid tho.

@EllieBeth I didn't find an actual time of day in that post, forgive me if im just stupid tho.
That's ok! It didn't say, but it definitely elluded to it being night so I can see how you'd think that! I imagined it being night too I just figured it'd be easier to ignore the time of day because you could have an instance where a character goes to sleep or something, and then can't really do anything till someone says it's morning