• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Discussion for Mexican Region

They are Very Rare because it's difficult to encounter them, not because of competitive reasons.
Hmmm, I could get that for Charmander and Ditto, and even Heracross but...Tauros run around in like...massive herds or something?

I wasn't really questioning it though.

For me, the encounter passes don't really change much since I'm just going to pick Pokemon that I like. I can see why TM passes would give a competitive edge though, but I'd really want to earn a move pass xD

I plan on Sol being like a little kid playing Pokémon for the first time. He’s gonna catch every Pokémon he thinks looks cool and hopefully wind up with a competent team of six.

Also, how should we deal with doubling up on Pokémon between members of the rp?

And I would say get rid of the passes. If you allow people to keep them and then proceed to make them more difficult to obtain that only puts the people who never got one at even more of a disadvantage.

upload_2019-10-7_9-59-47.png

Though none of the characters really looked like him.

Also, I feel like none of the starters our characters have should be available as very rares. I feel like the starters should be special and exclusive and if somebody caught a charmander that would somewhat ruin Gary having one as a starter

Last edited:
Well seeing as you said you want everyone to have more pokemon to choose from, I would keep the passes the same. Before anyone gets mad at me, let me explain.

Most of the passes will not be used until people use their natural encounters. The passes are for extra encounters. @Hecotoro, Said that people are only alowed to encounter 5 rare pokemon, and 1 very rare pokemon throughout the whole RP.

I think the way that he has it set up, was to givw people an opportunity to get more pokemon on the rare side of things. If everyone could only encounter 1 very rare pokemon then people will not be very happy if another pokemon that they want more shows up. So I think the way he has it was to give more flexibility to the RPers.

@kyuukestu its on the first post of the RP thread.

Regarding the rewards, it's staying the same, just going to give out less Very Rare.
If you want to earn rewards, just participate. It's simple. I'm not going to mention what your character needs to do to earn things, that way people don't just focus on that.
I will explain it again, the idea is for everyone to get a lot of Pokemon so they don't just build a 6 poke team for the entire RP. The idea is to switch out your team to help you through battles in your future.
If you're too worried about not having enough passes, it's probably because your character isn't doing anything.

The Dark Fairy

Previously Eliiiscool
Four things

1) I want ponyta!

2) I think you should be able to trade passes up (Two or three rare passes for a very rare pass) (I like this one better)
2a) Maybe instead use a point system, maybe rare costs 300, very rare 600

3) When you pay for an encounter, since you said its not a free 'get a pokemon pass' someone should control the wild pokemon other than the one who payed for it

4) There should be a region form pass (Alolan[and galaran later on])