• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Digital planet art

I've always wanted to do a Terra-Space scene. It's where you make a planet from the planet's view, and also have the atmosphere gradually fade into space. This one is done specifically for MSDL ^^.

Thor (weilding Mjolnir, his hammer), is about to smash Jörmungandr (The Midgard Serpent).

The green poisonous planet is also named Jörmungandr while the planet in the view is Mjolnir. Perspective planet created in Terragen, all else done from scratch in Photoshop (minus Thor and the serpent).

MjolnirEtJormungandr.png

Mmm, the planet art is good. It reminds me of when I used to make bizarre wallpapers in Bryce 3D, or something along those lines.

Thor and the Serpent kinda look out of place to me though. But that is in no way a belittlement of the awesomeness of Nordic Myth. I would pay to see the scene where Thor gets tricked into attempting to drink the sea, and nearly does.

Ah, I miss the colourfulness of pagan myth...

While I'm not a pagan or a vike or a celt, I still love nordic mythology. It's so awesomecakes! Oh and thanks to everyone who commended this picture.

I really did try to make Jormungandr and Thor look more blended in...in the end I kind of failed. If I had just bit the bullet and drawn them myself then it would all be synergistic.

I really did try to make Jormungandr and Thor look more blended in...in the end I kind of failed. If I had just bit the bullet and drawn them myself then it would all be synergistic.

Judging by your other art that would've actually looked pretty good. I can see some sort titanic death struggle between them, with fiery planets as a backdrop. Maybe even a planetary collision, I heard they're fun...

You're probably right T_T

I can't be bothered to now. I have this stigma where I don't edit pieces once I've posted them. I'll have to give it a go next round.