• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Digimon: Lost Ties

I have never watched digimon, is it alright if I join?

I'm just gonna sit here quietly and pretend that I've watched over two seasons of Digimon and that I understand anything.

If you guys need some clarification on how something works, you can always ask me or anybody else in this thread who is super knowledgable in Digimon.

It's very similar to Pokemon, but your Digimon is made out of data, they are stronger than Pokemon when they reach Champion level or higher, and they can Digivolve back and forth up their preferred Digivolution tree.

Most Digimon's preferred state is their Rookie form (unless you have a Gatomon, as she is a Champion level Digimon and can hold it as if it were a Rookie form), as that uses less amounts of energy to uphold while also giving them adequate amounts of power to protect themselves from threats. With the help of gaining more power or through the help of a human, they can achieve more powerful forms.

When a Digimon is damaged significantly to the point of not holding their stronger form, they'll either transform back to their preferred form or into their In-Training/Fresh level form. If they are beaten severely, they'll turn into an egg and they'll hatch with their memory intact in most cases.

The tree of Level forms goes like this (Westernized wording with Japanese wording in parantheses):
Fresh (Baby I) - In-Training (Baby II) - Rookie (Child) - Champion (Adult) - Ultimate (Perfect) - Mega (Ultimate)

For some god-awful reason, the company in charge of westernizing the Digimon stuff for the North American audiences thought that switching the terms around for the last two (as they mean differently culturally here than it does in Japan) would be a good idea.

Now, it gets confusing when someone says Mega when they mean Ultimate.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Ultimate (Mega) - Mega (Ultimate)

For some god-awful reason, the company in charge of westernizing the Digimon stuff for the North American audiences thought that switching the terms around for Ultimate and Mega (as they mean differently culturally here than it does in Japan) would be a good idea.
Welll actually...

Ultimate was referred to as perfect while mega was referred to as ultimate.

Less confusing, but still bizarre lol

But yeah, If there are any questions you have feel free to ask us :)

Thank you, was basing that entirely off of memory. XD

But there we go, the beginning lore-wise to how Digimon work.

Also, just a note, but some Digimon, like Patamon and Gatomon, are always a certain gender. Since Patamon digivolves into Angemon and Gatomon into Angewomon, it would be weird to have a male Angewomon when Angemon already existed.

But there we go. XD most other Digimon don't really have a gender persé but they do have preferred pronouns and their voices determine whether or not they identify as male or female.

I think this is correct. I have a lot of headcanon I don't want to use as it is not my RP but I don't know if this is true or not.
I remember there being a "male" and "female" Biyomon (a male one who was befriended by Marcus's younger sister in the DATS series, while What's-her-face had a female one as her companion during the first season).

There wasn't really a difference in appearance but their voices were very different from each other.

EDIT: Look at Shen's post below since I am a little wrong on them having genders. It's so that humans understand them, yet they really don't have a gender.

Last edited:

Thank you, was basing that entirely off of memory. XD

But there we go, the beginning lore-wise to how Digimon work.

Also, just a note, but some Digimon, like Patamon and Gatomon, are always a certain gender. Since Patamon digivolves into Angemon and Gatomon into Angewomon, it would be weird to have a male Angewomon when Angemon already existed.

But there we go. XD most other Digimon don't really have a gender persé but they do have preferred pronouns and their voices determine whether or not they identify as male or female.

I think this is correct. I have a lot of headcanon I don't want to use as it is not my RP but I don't know if this is true or not. I remember there being a "male" and "female" Biyomon (a male one who was befriended by Marcus's younger sister in the DATS series, while What's-her-face had a female one as her companion during the first season).

There wasn't really a difference in appearance but their voices were very different from each other.

Welllllll all digimon don’t have genders, even the likes of angewomon and Leomon. Yeah it’s weird, but it’s canon lol.

Voices can be different, but none of them have genders, as they are just information.

Whatever gender they appear to be is just a projection:
D3F12642-F486-410D-BFD9-80A9B2D2132A.jpeg

Oh goodness. I thought they didn't have genders as a concept because they were essentially constructs within programming, but I didn't think they could do that. XD thought some had genders due to the difference in voices too, but I'm glad you said something about that.

Yes, I contradicted myself. I thought they did and didn't have genders. XD

Oh goodness. I thought they didn't have genders as a concept because they were essentially constructs within programming, but I didn't think they could do that. XD thought some had genders due to the difference in voices too, but I'm glad you said something about that.

Yes, I contradicted myself. I thought they did and didn't have genders. XD

Yeahhhh no biggie, most make that mistake lol.

I think the only ones that do have genders are the demon lords themselves though, cause they kinda transcended pure data. *looks at lilithmon*

tokkiyo

Previously Tokki_Boki
It's understandable if you all don't reply every single day. We have lives outside of this and things we prioritize, so no need to worry about having to respond every day!

Also if I'm online and I dont reply, it's just because I'm checking up on things. I can't really reply on a timely manner for this week since I have to cram study for my finals and take them by Friday. But next week I'll be replying more. And if anybody wants to join and I'm not online, you guys can accept them for me. I literally welcome anybody in so just say they're accepted and help them them catch up in the RP if we're already far off. I do have a limit to the amount of people, so let's keep the maximum at around seven for now. Thank you!

Schrift

Previously Schrift007
Name: Chester Tamashi

Nickname: Chestnut

Appearance: A dark messy haired boy, with jade green eyes. He is very scrawny, with a tiny torso but long arms. He is around 6'2 and weighs around 120lbs. He normally wears baggy blue shorts, with a dark green shirt with camouflage patterning. Black trainer shoes with white stripes. He is always wearing fingerless gloves and has a black Ski scarf.

Personality:He is very hard headed, and very strong willed. But as his nickname suggests, he is also as smart as a chestnut, like he can barely think things through. This would be the main reason why he later got into parkour and gymnastics. Most times he is a cocky, reckless character often pushing harder than needed. He has a tendency to smile at getting hurt, considering tears to be a sign of weakness. He also has a knack for art and graffiti.

Backstory: He was the moron of the group, often being the one that would end up with cuts and bruises. From a young age he enjoyed jumping around and doing flips (well 3/4 of a flip), it was just something about throwing your body around that gave him adrenaline. As he grew up he did more reckless things, eventually his parents were just tired of all the stuff he did and told him to "grow up and get a life before you lose it". They thought the cause for his recklessness was his friends and they tried to separate him from them. First they changed his school, but that seemed to fail, they then decided to move it up a notch and move city. When Chester still didn't improve they moved country to England, still there he didn't improve. At that point they gave up, in England he became a street performer pulling stunts and tricks, and the occasional vandalism. He managed to pull together enough money from his street performances to get some tickets to Japan. Just for a holiday, but enough for him to relive his childhood and maybe meet a friend or two.

Digivice Color: Acid green

Digimon Template:

Digimon: wormmon

Baby Level: Leafmon

Champion Level: Stingmon

Ultimate Level: jewelbeemon

Mega level: GranKuwagamon

Last edited:

@Merciless Medic @Shen: King of the Mist Thanks for the help you, it made it so much easier to make an OC, without reading an entire wiki page. XD

(sorry for the double post)

Wellll your ALMOST there

Veemon is already taken as rookie, and Jewelbeemon/grandkuwagamon are ultimate and mega respectively.

Also, not sure if we are doing copied digivice colors or not? Hazy on the rules there

Other than that it looks good to me :)

tokkiyo

Previously Tokki_Boki

Appearance: A dark messy haired boy, with jade green eyes. He is very scrawny, with a tiny torso but long arms. He is around 6'2 and weighs around 120lbs. He normally wears baggy blue shorts, with a dark green shirt with camouflage patterning. Black trainer shoes with white stripes. He is always wearing fingerless gloves and has a black Ski scarf.

Personality:He is very hard headed, and very strong willed. But as his nickname suggests, he is also as smart as a chestnut, like he can barely think things through. This would be the main reason why he later got into parkour and gymnastics. Most times he is a cocky, reckless character often pushing harder than needed. He has a tendency to smile at getting hurt, considering tears to be a sign of weakness. He also has a knack for art and graffiti.

Backstory: He was the moron of the group, often being the one that would end up with cuts and bruises. From a young age he enjoyed jumping around and doing flips (well 3/4 of a flip), it was just something about throwing your body around that gave him adrenaline. As he grew up he did more reckless things, eventually his parents were just tired of all the stuff he did and told him to "grow up and get a life before you lose it". They thought the cause for his recklessness was his friends and they tried to separate him from them. First they changed his school, but that seemed to fail, they then decided to move it up a notch and move city. When Chester still didn't improve they moved country to England, still there he didn't improve. At that point they gave up, in England he became a street performer pulling stunts and tricks, and the occasional vandalism. He managed to pull together enough money from his street performances to get some tickets to Japan. Just for a holiday, but enough for him to relive his childhood and maybe meet a friend or two.

Digivice Color: Dark green

Digimon Template:

Digimon: Veemon

Champion Level: Jewelbeemon

Ultimate Level: GranKuwagamon
If you need help choosing a Digimon, I can help since I may or may not have spent too much time going through every single digivolution chart

Schrift

Previously Schrift007
I meant wormmon, I originally had veemon, but then hoodie had it so I went for wormmon instead. I must've forgot to change it, like my OC I too am a moron.

tokkiyo

Previously Tokki_Boki

Digivice Color: Acid green

Digimon Template:

Digimon: wormmon

Champion Level: Stingmon

Ultimate Level: jewelbeemon

Mega level: GranKuwagamon
Yay it's fixed! Accepted!

tokkiyo

Previously Tokki_Boki
I was honestly just trying to make the timeline make sense. I obviously didn't make it clear, but this is after the whole Digimon escaping into the real world and causing havoc. So in my head it made sense to me that we would know a bit of information about them, but now I'm second guessing myself. I also agree with the idea of them having no clue about the Digital World since it'll honestly just make it more fun. So I'll edit my last post

Yea. I also noticed that BigHoodieBoy's character hasn't been interacted with. I would like to after my character gets over her emotional outburst but I have no idea where he's placed, as you didn't point out where he was. Or what the environment looks like around him.

If he's waiting at the bus stop, he should hear and be next to Maika and Maria, yea?