• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Diablo III

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I'm sure some of you must be playing it now. Tell us about your characters, how far you're into the game, your current thoughts on the game, and so on. Let us know if you're open to multiplayer with other forum members, but try to keep any lengthy co-op session planning to Private Messages or the 'Charms chat. :)

----​

Myself, I received the game free and haven't played too much of it yet. I've known of the series for ages but didn't play Diablo I or II, so this third installment is my first real introduction to the franchise.

My character is a Level 3 female Wizard named Lina. I'm barely into Act 1 but it's pretty cool thus far. I'm enjoying that the majority of the dialogue is voice acted, not to mention that it's voice acted well. I've yet to try playing the game co-op and I'm curious about how the looting is handled in a group. I'm not really a fan of competing with friends for the best loot. Anyone care to shed a bit of light regarding that?

P.S. - Had to be said: being forced to play it online at all times is annoying. You shouldn't have to worry about a server booting you when playing a single player campaign. It may be a growing trend with PC gaming, but it's one I despise. :p

So I got the game because I have the WoW annual pass.
Was never too much into Diablo but I thought "hey its a co-op game and co op is ALWAYS fun".

So I have it but I didnt have much time to play yet.
So I have a glorious Monk at level 18 or something like that.
I just finished Act1.
I kinda like the game. Its cool but I just dont have too much time currently as I do a lot in WoW.
Anyways, here's my gamertag if somebody wants to play: Funkyfister#2376

Also, loot is seperate. Everybody sees his own loot and its all different for everybody which is kinda cool because you basically get twice the loot and if your friend finds an item you want and you find one he wants you can just trade it.

LoN#2748

Just started it today with a Witch Hunter, level 10 or so~ If anyone wants to play, hit me up in chat or whatnot :)

Dwayna DragonFire

2014 Little Cup Champion
DwaynaDF#1435

Just got it yesterday, already up to level 11 or 12 with a Demon Hunter. Totally up for co-op playthroughs, feel free to add me, talk to me, or whatever. :3

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
I got mine the day it came out (after watching my housemate and his friend play it launch night). The next day after classes I bought it and pretty soon after started playing. I'm currently a leve 18 Monk in Act II.

I'd play the game a lot more, but I'm getting to the end of my school year and I need to focus on my finals. Plus, my computer is an incredible piece of shit and lags pretty heavily when I play it (I've done a whole lot to improve the quality). It will run fine for a while, but eventually it gets to hot and lags, so I stop playing. :T

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Speaking of lag, I tried to play with three friends recently and the game lagged to death for me. We did have a four way Skype chat going but my computer is more than powerful enough to handle the game + Skype. I guess it simply comes down to the fact that my connection speed sucks, my PC is located too far from the modem, and I'm a wireless network.

There are a few things I can try to boost the connection strength, but chances are I won't be playing with more than 1 or 2 friends at a time until we get a better connection speed.

Just doing my Hell runthrough now. Haven't heard from anyone wanting to join in yet, so I guess people don't care about it so much.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
LoN said:
Just doing my Hell runthrough now. Haven't heard from anyone wanting to join in yet, so I guess people don't care about it so much.

Don't take me not offering to play the wrong way. I've literally only played it with others once and that ended in laggy doom. Beyond that I've only played the game itself once - the one time I mentioned in my initial post. I'm just not into it that much yet and likely won't be until summer vacation. ~:)~

Ferne and I have been playing some lately, its good fun :) Kicking ass on Nightmare as my Witch Doctor and her Wizard ('arry) ~

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
I'd play with other people, but my computer isn't exactly a gaming PC and thus it lags quite a bit. :x I can deal with it when I'm playing by myself, but playing with other people I feel it would be more of a problem. >>;;

Ok finally finished the game.

I gotta say, its WAY too short. If I actually paid money for this then I would feel some major case of buyers remorse now.

I guess now I have to get through two more easy modes until I can finally get to the flesh of the game.

Oh well. If someone wants to play a bit, I'm in the Wifi channel as always.
I'm currently playing an offensive Monk but I'm slowly switching him into a more tanky role which should do wonders in team play.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
In case you needed any other reason to not give Blizzard any money for this shit, here's the latest anti-consumer tactic they've thrown at this game:

Diablo 3 patch limits new players from accessing entire game for up to 72 hours

New copies purchased through Blizzard's online store will initially be restricted to the game's Starter Edition. Here's what that means:
Act I up to the Skeleton King is available
Level 13 cap
Matchmaking available only with other Starter Edition players
No Auction House access (Real Money or Gold)
Global Play is not available
Players attempting to connect to Diablo III Starter Edition in a region other than their Battle.net account's home region will receive Error 12

That's right, people. If you buy this game, you will not be able to play the vast majority of it until Blizzard says so. Rach tells me the 'act 1' limit effectively amounts to less than two hours of gameplay.

Your money is funding these disgusting practices - and they really don't deserve the money of anyone else when the default assumption is that everyone with a brand new copy is clearly a thief or goldspammer explicitly out to scam their new lottery house - the real goal of this game's design.

I thought the shit they pulled with Starcaft II was awful, but this really is setting new lows in this industry.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Doctor Oak said:

Sums up my feelings on this:

tumblr_le7e96dwMx1qfcj8to1_500.jpg

Who would buy a Digital copy off the Blizz store in the first place?

The Blizz store is always the most expensive option on the market as they only make sales once every 2-3 years.
Every online store offers Blizzard games at least 10% off at launch already.

And while this should bother most, it doesnt even come close to the kinds of DRM we've already experienced this gen.
I expect them to remove that limitation soon simply because of the backlash.