• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DGM RP GOGOGO (Working Title)

At the fictional end of the 19th century, the world is embroiled in a battle between good and evil. The Black Exorcists fight against the Millennium Earl and his army of Akuma, in a race to claim Innocence. Whomever prevails could either save the world- or destroy it. The choice is in your hands.

Hello, fellow exorcists and supporters! This is what awaits you in this new RP... which has yet to have a title. @Shiny Lyni and I have been talking about his since they got me back into the series, and we've been throwing different ideas around. This post is to gauge interest for other members, so we can have more than two or three people.

If you haven't read DGM, I'll provide you with a link to a translation of the manga. Below that will be a basic rundown of the plot.
[Link to the manga]

The story takes place at the end of the 19th century. It follows Allen Walker, an exorcist of the Black Church, in his journey to destroy all akuma. Akuma are monsters made from souls, machines, and misery that are created by the Millennium Earl to destroy the world. Exorcists use weapons called "Innocence," to destroy the akuma. Innocence takes many forms, but are grouped into two types: parasitic and equipment type. Exorcists have their base of operations at the Black Church Headquarters in England, where they receive orders to destroy akuma, retrieve Innocence, and other duties.

If you are a fan of DGM, but are not fully caught up, we are going to try to remain as spoiler-free as possible. A few spoilers may slip through the cracks, but I doubt some of them will be noticeable. On that note, I'll detail the ideas that have already been suggested. Bear in mind that these do not have to be the final ideas; they are up for discussion.

The RP begins around the time of the death of General Kevin Yeager. A new general will have been elevated to his position, and he will find new exorcists to send to the Church. At this time, the manga's plot has gotten underway, and our characters can mirror the adventures of Allen in their own way, with different missions, events, and scenarios.

That about sums it up. If you are interested in this roleplay, just give this thread a response! If you have something to add, go right ahead! We're all open to discussing and coming up with new ideas. Once we have plot nailed down, we can talk about characters and possible future things. Thanks, and may Innocence guide you!

Last edited:

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Will note that the second spoiler tab contains some minor spoilers for the series if you haven't started on it, so I'd suggest not looking at that until you've read at least the first 30 chapters of the manga. It's basically what kicks off the main plot of the manga.

Also, as this RP will talk about events that happen in the manga itself, there will be spoilers no matter how hard we try to prevent them otherwise. If you want to participate much in the RP, at the very least you should have finished or are currently reading/watching part of the Ark Arc. You'll know exactly what I'm talking about if you're anywhere near there or beyond, otherwise I'd say this RP is not meant for you. D.Gray-man is a very deep story with many intertwining plotlines and characters, and needless to say that joining this RP blind will definitely spoil the story for you in some way. You have been warned.