• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Details On Pokémon Black 2 & White 2's Global Link Given

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
pglb2w2.jpg

The first details to do with changes to the Pokémon Global Link once Pokémon Black 2 and Pokémon White 2 have been released in Japan have been revealed today, and a few details may surprise you somewhat. Read on to find out more!

Read More

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Re: Details On Pokémon Black 2 & White 2's Global Link Given

A whole four hours!!! OMG!!!

Try a gap of four hours. Or, even better, one - or none. Always gotta be with the giving with one hand and taking away with the other, Nintendo. Always.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member

Doctor Oak said:
A whole four hours!!! OMG!!!

Try a gap of four hours. Or, even better, one - or none. Always gotta be with the giving with one hand and taking away with the other, Nintendo. Always.

THIS.

Seriously, do Nintendo honestly believe THIS is all it takes to make the Dream World OK? This right here is a list of changes they need to make in order for the Dream World to be at least somewhat usable:

- Remove the hour time limit.
- Get rid of that stupid thing that makes Pokemon and items stop appearing about 20 minutes into the Dream World (which completely removes any purpose the hour time limit would have had anyway.)
- Allow players to pick which zone they want to go in instead of having the Dream World pick it at random. Is a selection menu too much to ask for or something?
- Make the mini-games better. Right now they're awful.
- Remove the wait time between Dream World uses altogether.

Even with a miserable four hour reduction on the wait time between uses, the Dream World will still only be slightly better than being diagnosed with cancer. They need a complete overhaul of the Dream World for B2/W2, not one simple improvement to an area that wasn't even the biggest issue the Dream World had.

Wow...Nintendo, just wow.

KoL told me I would hate Dream World within fifteen minutes and he was right. I was honestly hoping for a complete overhaul of Dream World for Black and White 2 because it's so utterly annoying as it is now. Part of it is my laptop that renders some of the mini-games nigh unplayable (I'm looking at you, Wailord game). But even having the best computer that money could buy isn't enough to make the mini-games any less mind-numbingly tedious. Honestly I just want things more streamlined--Dream World just seems so...clunky as it is now.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

I'd personally just be happy with a menu to select which area you'd like to go to and better mini-games. I've never had serious qualms with the wait time or the one hour time limit. Seriously, who could use it for more than an hour a day without their eyes bleeding? :x

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord

The problem is more the awkward "You have to use it at this time or later every single day". If it were literally once a day - ie: any time between midnight and midnight, it'd be fine. Having to time your life around it, however, isn't bloody worth it.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

Doctor Oak said:
The problem is more the awkward "You have to use it at this time or later every single day". If it were literally once a day - ie: any time between midnight and midnight, it'd be fine. Having to time your life around it, however, isn't bloody worth it.

Now that I agree with. :up: