• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Details for July Legendary Distribution Revealed

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Now that June's Legendary Pokémon distribution has ended, it's time to turn your attention towards the next duo for this event: Thundurus for Pokémon Sun & Ultra Sun, and Tornadus for Pokémon Moon & Ultra Moon. Like with the previous giveaways, how you'll need to go about obtaining these two - and when - depends on where you live.

In the UK, Europe, and Australia, Thundurus and Tornadus can be downloaded via WiFi within the Mystery Gift menu. Just open Mystery Gift, choose "Get via Internet", and you're good to go! This distribution will run from July 6th to July 22nd.

In the United States, you'll need to visit a participating Target location between July 13th to July 28th to obtain a serial code. However, in Canada you'll need to wait for the July edition of the Pokémon Trainer Club newsletter to be emailed out to get your code. Make sure you've created a Pokémon Trainer Club account and opted-in to receive emails from Pokémon.com by July 5th to receive the July newsletter!

The stats for Thundurus and Tornadus look like this:
Thundurus model.png

Thundurus
[type=electric][/type]/[type=flying][/type]
Level: 60 (Sun), 100 (Ultra Sun)
Ability: Prankster
Nature: Any
Hold Item: None (Sun), Gold Bottle Cap (Ultra Sun)
Moves:
(Sun)
- Discharge
- Crunch
- Charge
- Nasty Plot

(Ultra Sun)
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Grass Knot
- Nasty Plot

Tornadus model.png

Tornadus
[type=flying][/type]
Level: 60 (Moon), 100 (Ultra Moon)
Ability: Prankster
Nature: Any
Hold Item: None (Moon), Gold Bottle Cap (Ultra Moon)
Moves:
(Moon)
- Air Slash
- Crunch
- Tailwind
- Rain Dance

(Ultra Moon)
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- Grass Knot
- Tailwind

If you have any questions about how to obtain either of the two Legendaries, let us know in the comments and we'll do our best to help!

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
Another trip to Target is in my future it would seem. Tell me Nintendo or America, why is it so difficult for you people to make our Events WiFi anymore? :/

How exactly do you get a Pokémon distribution card at Target?

I’m so used to going to Gamestop to just pop in, grab the card thing, & go out. However, I’m not sure if I can do that Target or if you need to buy something. If so, do I go to the game department or the checkout aisle?