• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Demonic Contract

[Discussion/Sign-Ups]
[RPers: @Eeveechu151 @SismicFlareCharmander @Dave Strider @Glaceon trainer @Aon, @Carver, @Trainer_Zander]

For hundreds of years, great civilizations have come and gone. The legendary Roman empire, the Ottomans, and even the modern corporate empires. The year is 2017, and the world continues as normal...
...except something is different.
For years, humans have prayed to gods and asked for the aid of angels while fearing intangible demons. This is religion, and Christianity, the most successful of which, has spread all across the world over the last few thousand years. It talks of a great ever-watching god, holy angels, and devious demons. And for those few thousand years, none have ever appeared on the mortal plane.
This, however, has now changed.
Hell has a new ruler, one who took Satan's throne 15 years ago, who sees the potential in humanity and wishes to help them reach that true potential. Now, many demons appear across Earth, partnering with humans and making unbreakable contracts to create an everlasting bond between mortal and demon. Many consider these demons evil beings, but their partners call them trusted friends and companions... most of the time.
However, God is not a fan of this. He created the humans to be the way they are, and this new demon would tamper with his vision?! He will not have this. Angels, just like demons, have been partnering with humans to send the demons back to Hell. The mortals, of course, are caught right in the middle. And right at the middle of all this are the humans and demons partnered up for mutual benefit...

"...and there we go!" Naomi said, finishing signing her name. "So now all you need to do is sign the contract and the agreement is instated!"
"...uh, sure." Shard said. "What is this even made of?" Shard took his pen back from Naomi to sign his name on the contract.
"Holy paper burned by Satan's trident." Naomi said matter-of-factly.
"...uh, okay." Shard said, finishing the signing. The paper began to glow. "...is that normal?"
"Yep!" Naomi responded. "All that's left is to leave a drop of blood from us both on the paper." Naomi took a knife from nearby and made a tiny cut on her fingertip, allowing a drop to go onto the paper before bandaging it. "Your turn!"
"I'm not entirely comfortable with this-"
"Oh, just do it already!" Naomi said. Shard took the knife and made a tiny cut on his index finger, allowing the blood to drop onto the paper. As he bandaged his finger, he saw the paper beginning to glow with purple fire. After a few seconds, the paper vanished. "Yay! It's done!" Naomi said happily. "Alright, so now I'm your partner!"
"Remind me again how you convinced me to do this...?" Shard asked.
"Well, I told you all the potential benefits of having a half-kitsune partner that can go to you whenever." Naomi replied. "And I think you were half-asleep, too."
"Great." Shard said, face-palming. "So what now? Do you get your own place or something...?"
"Nope! I'm staying here now!" Naomi said with a smile. Shard froze.
"WAIT, WHAT?!"

The name is Shard Tempus. Shard typed on the computer. I'm a 19-year-old man working at Tim Hortons in Toronto, Ontario. It's 2017, the year people are calling the 15th Year of Demonkind. I've always been curious what all the hubbub was about. Guess I found out today, when I signed a contract with a half-human, half-kitsune demon named Naomi. Apparently, she's my bodyguard and best friend from now on while she helps me better my personality, lifestyle, what have you. ...what have I gotten myself into...?

Last edited:
Joshua slowly opened his eyes, as sunlight was hitting on his face. Swearing all the gods he could remember from the mythology class, he lifted his head a little. His head was aching, making him dizzy. Getting out of the bed was almost impossible for him now, so he instead decided to return his sleep. Before he could continue his sweet sleep, on the other hand, his window was knocked.

Joshua stood up for a long minute before opening the window actually. And when he did, he noticed that the one knocking his window was Schivi: the guy that Joshua met in a bar about a month ago, and was flirting with since then. One thing weird about that person was his hair, they were green as if he jumped out from an anime series. However it was not that weird compared to other habits of Schivi. For example, his wings were green. That was not about him having green wings actually. That was all about him having wings.

"Schivi? Why don't you just use the door, like every other hu..." Joshua said, but he just remembered that Schivi was not a human.

"I did. You did not open the door." Other explained, placing a smirk on his face at the same time.

"Anyway... What makes you to come here?"

"I will tell you. First, can I come in?"

"Yes, sure."

Schivi jumped inside from the window, and sit down onto the messed up bed. "I am here to ask whether you want to make a special bond with me." he started explaining. "You said before, that you wish to have powers like me, right? This is possible, and even more. I've been thinking about it for a while now, and I think that if I would ever make a bond with a human, it should be with you."

Joshua listened carefully, sitting next to Schivi. He was still with his pyjamas, and the rings around his eyes were proof that he did not sleep well. "You are talking nonsense now. What special bond? Do you want me to be your...?"

"Partner, yes." Schivi interrupted Joshua, unaware of the misunderstanding he caused. "You and I will be partners. Are you fine with that?"

"Well. That was too sudden now. I mean... Yes. Why not?"

"Great! All you need to do is to sign this." Schivi said, pulling a piece of paper from his pocket. The paper was not an ordinary one, but Joshua had no idea. Seeing the expression on Joshua's eyes, Schivi felt like explaining a bit more about what was about to be done. "This is a paper burned by Satan's weapon. Just a drop of blood, and our deal will be unbreakable."

"Is this like an insurance policy of the underground?" Joshua asked, taking the paper. He obviously was not still at the same page, but Schivi did not much seem like he could realize that.

"Don't worry. This just assures our partnership, this is how the things are done. Just trust me already!"

"My father could definitely kill me if he ever learns that." Joshua said, biting his thumb until it started to bleed. "He always warned me about not signing the things I do nit understand." A few drops of blood fell onto the paper then, and at that point Schivi also took his pocketknife, cutting his own index finger just a little bit. When his blood also fell onto the paper it disappeared. Seeing that kind of freaked Joshua out. "This is serious. I have no idea why we did that."

"Never mind... Wanna eat the breakfast out?"

Last edited:
Halt was in his apartment room, after a long hard month on the oil rig. "Ahh." He said, as he drunk his tea. Suddenly, a creature made of rock came out of the wall. He spoke to Halt in his mind, telling him. No, convincing him, to sign the contract. Halt had meet this thing before, and told him about powers he could gain. The stone creature introduced himself as Selthen, a helstone demon. Sign the contract. Was playing on repeat in Halts mind. It will help you gain what you want. You want to be noticed, so lets get noticed. He knew what Halt wants, and Halt was tempted to agree. A piece of ash grey paper enveloped out of fire appeared on the table. (You know how it looks to burn paper. Imagine it in reverse.) A pen came out with it. Picking up the pen, Halt slowly signed his name onto the paper. Suddenly, it burned up into ash, causing a bright flash of light, and in the place of Selthen, laied a stone charm, made of the same material of the monster. As Halt put it on, Selthen's voice roared in his head. "Good choice."

Last edited:
"Kill him!" "Look! The 'King of the Jews'!" "Liar!" "Where is your God now?" "Why not call ten thousand angels?" "Make him suffer!" "Filth!" "Son of God..."
Jesus' wary eyes slowly looked up at the Hebrew who had spoken with such passion. Among the throng of people, the angry crowd, stood a man, staring solemnly at Jesus. The Son of God halted, staring at the man, before he felt a lash on his back. "Move it, 'your highness'." A Roman soldier sneered mockingly as he reared his arm back to flaw Jesus once more. The punishment connected, and Jesus tore his eyes away from the man, continuing his slow progress through the city, headed for a hill, carrying the massive cross on his back, it dragging behind him. His clotted blood clinging to his dried, bruised skin, flaps of flesh hanging from him, wobbling with each strained step, as he pushed his broken body on.

"Jesus! I see him! There he is!" James called to his mother, Mary, and his brothers and sisters as he pointed animatedly at his eldest half-brother, his voice excited, but not with joy, but with fear. "My son!" Mary cried as she began to weep, trying to push through the crowd of disbelievers, yet to no avail. "No..." She cried as the slow moving soldiers followed the struggling Jesus around a corner, slowly disappearing from sight. "Come, mother... we will make witness of him atop the hill..." Joseph, another brother of Jesus, soothed as he put his arms around her, leading her away. James watched on, tears stinging his eyes, his brow etched in concern.

Judas could hear the chants from afar. The haters of Jesus Christ. He'd been a disciple of the man... Jesus even knew that Judas would betray him. Why did he do nothing!?
Instead, Jesus, his greatest friend, had welcomed Judas' betrayal with welcome arms, and even stopped the other disciples from defending him, allowing the Roman soldiers to capture Jesus with little to no trouble at all. Why had Jesus let it happen!? It was killing Judas from the inside out. His greed for money and power had taken the life of Jesus Christ, whom had loved him even still, despite what Judas had done. He didn't want this anymore. The guilt was overbearing, the coins in his pocket heavy with it. He closed his eyes, his blood chilling as he let himself fall.
No one removed Judas from his noose until long after Christ had passed.

"This man was also with them." Peter quickly looked up from the water of the well he'd been staring into. He turned to a young girl, staring at him with piercing eyes, two Roman soldiers with her. She was a servant. "Woman, I do not know him." Peter stated clearly, it pained him to do so. The guards seemed to buy it, and wandered off, the girl following.
"You are also one of them." Peter looked up again, after nearly an hour of drowning his sorrows in the reflection of the well, he turned to, this time, a man. A beggar. "Man, I am not." Peter denied airily, his lower lip trembled slightly. The man cocked his head to the side, before turning and leaving without another word.
"Certainly this man also was with him, for he too is Galilean." Peter looked up once more, his heart thumping hard against his chest. Angrily, he whirled around to face an elderly man, squinting at Peter, the man's wife beside him, an equal expression on her face. "Man, I do not know what you are talking about." Peter sighed, recognizing anger and violence was no answer, as Jesus had taught him. The couple moved on their way, as Peter looked up, to see a Rooster, sitting atop a house.
It crowed. Chills went down Peter's spine as he remembered what Jesus had told him. "You will deny me three times before the rooster crows." He had said. His words had come true. As tears stung his eyes, he turned to the right to see... Jesus. Jesus too, turned to look back at Peter. This was not Jesus, however, but a vision of him, and Peter knew it. He let out a bitter sob as he turned to run from the city, to weep for his sins.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Alan looked up from the scripture he was reading. It was interesting, somehow. Most of his life, he'd avoided religion, deciding it was too controversial and judged by too many to give it a bother, yet, days after his grandfather had passed away, the only thing Alan received from the departed, was the old Bible his grandfather used to carry to church every Sunday for over 50 years. It was weathered and worn, but completely readable. He let out a sigh as he closed it. If this Bible was at all accurate, the world used to be a crazy, shitty, messed up place... upon rethinking it, he came to the conclusion it still was, just with a different cover this time. He put the Bible back into his book bag before slinging it over his back, and dropping down from the ledge he sat, before running acrossed the train tracks on a destination home, to his parents.

"...another case of what many are calling the Angelic Murders has taken place earlier today at the Toronto Pearson International Airport." the news anchor said over the TV. "A fight erupted in the main lobby, where an Angel battled against a 17-year-old girl and Incubus. The human involved in the struggle was killed, and the Incubus was seemingly incinerated by the Angel's holy weapon. No other casualties came from the incident, and the two victims have yet to be identified. More news will be released as the police continue their investigation. In other news, the Church has been beginning an anti-demon campaign-"
Shard turned off the TV. "Oh, great. Another one?" Shard said, putting his palm to his face. Beside him, Naomi was saluting.
"Rest in peace, ya good soul." Naomi said solemnly. "Hope ya get resurrected. Anyways, Shard, think you might be able to turn the TV back on? I want to see what else is on."
"Sure." Shard said, turning on the TV and switching away from the news. He happened to come to another news page, this time talking about something else.
"The man was mysterious and solemn. He never told me his name." a man was saying while being interviewed. "But I can tell you this. He saved my life. He's a hero for sure." The TV switched over to another person, this one a Gorgon.
"I managed to catch his name - J." the Gorgon said. "This J was somehow able to take down two Angels at once to save Roderick and I. Somehow. He's not a demon, and with his allegiances definitely not an angel."
"Huh?!" Naomi said in shock. "There's some sort o' demon defender out there?! Yahoo! We got ourselves a hero!"
"Well, we don't exactly know who this J is." Shard responded. "For all we know, he could be some sort of underworld scum."
"Now that's just being a downer!"
"No, it's being realistic."
"Same difference!"

Mia sat in her room as she looked at her phone.Her emotions were a mix a nervous and confused.She realized what the emotions were and shook her head.

"Convous..." Mia said as she felt both of those feelings.She placed her phone on the bed and laid back.She stared at her bland ceiling, but it started to turn colorful.Like a rainbow had a stomach bug and threw up all over it.Mia felt a slight draft of wind hit the side of her face.She looked at the window to her right.She made a face because it was closed.She sat up and was two inches away from a green toddler that floated.She flinched at the sight of it and backed up to the wall.She grabbed her pillow and threw it at the toddler.It simply vanished and appeared right next to Mia's head.

"That wasn't very nice." the creature frowned and moved in front of Mia.She clutched a pillow and started to shake a little.

"Just a dream, just a dream, just a dream..." Mia chanted to herself as she shut her eyes.She reopened them and the green toddler still floated there.It simply tsked and shook it's head.

"Dreams are powerful.They can be manipulated.I'm stronger than that.Can't just make me go away," it said and it got closer to her.Mia stopped shaking.To her, the thing seemed friendly, but incredibly weird.Mia put the pillow down and sighed.

"Can you tell me exactly are you?" Mia inquired quietly.The thing giggled and floated above the floor, now instead of the bed.It started shifting to a lady.

"I'll be able to explain it easier in this form.I'm a demon.A puck to be exact," it said, "My name is Fortra." Fortra smiled lightly and it lit up the room, to Mia.Fortra put her hand out and a small column of roots came up with a plank of wood on top of it.

"Okay...But, why are you here?" Mia questioned.She scooted up towards the table Fortra made.

"I came here to explain a contract.If you sign, you get protection from me and some other perks," Fortra stated as a red paper appeared on the table.Mia felt the paper.It was rough, like sandpaper.Mia lifted the finger from the paper.She thought for a minute.

"Why would I need protection?Well, bet it would be better than none." Mia shrugged and held out her hand.

"So, what do you say?" Fortra held her hand out and smiled.

Mia smiled back and shook her hand, "Deal.So, how do I sign it?" Mia looked at the wood plank and a pen appeared on it.Fortra took the pen and wrote down her name.

"Just sign and do one thing." Fortra held out the pen and Mia took it.She wrote her name down and put the pen down.The paper started emitting a strange aura and a knife appeared next to the paper.

"Now, just give a little cut on you hand and let blood drip onto the paper," Fortra took the knife and made a semi-deep lash in her hand and let blood drip onto the paper, creating a happy face while she was at it.Fortra bandaged up her cut and gave the knife to Mia.

"Well, back to this stage in my life," Mia sighed and made a cut on her forearm and let a few drops drip onto the paper.She wrapped a bandage around it before the knife disappeared with the paper.

"Now, we're done," Fortra gave a smirk at Mia while Mia began to stand.

Alan leaped over the railing, dropping several feet to the ground. After recovering quickly, he readjusted his bag, and continued on his way, deeper into the city. He almost bumped into somebody, and quickly tried to apologize, but the instant he turned to them, they were... gone...
Feeling creeped out by this, Alan decided to shrug it off, and continued on his way, feeling... off. He continued on his way as the sun finally disappeared below the horizon, darkness beginning to consume the world around them.
He could see his parents apartment in the distance, and quickened his pace, before something caught his attention...
A dark figure at the entrance to the apartment. No light landed on the mysterious figure, and Alan felt all the more unsettled. "Alan Swift." The being stated as they began to approach, their voice a deep rumbling tone. He took a couple steps back, now freaking out. "I-I'm sorry... I don't know you..." He mustered.
"Oh, not yet. But you will." The man continued. "Surely you've been hearing about demons and angels on tv, right?" He asked, now from Alan's right. The boy jumped. "Whoa! Who are you!?" He asked, now genuinely terrified. "Your new partner. There's something very big coming, and you'll need me around if you want to survive."
Alan felt himself backed into a wall as the man stepped into the light, underneath a street lamp. With a pale, reddish skin tone, orange eyes and wicked eyebrows, he stood nearly two foot above Alan. "I'll just need you..." He grinned, sticking a hand into the massive cloak he wore. "To sign here." He pulled out a thick sheet of paper, the writing tiny, with two lines at the bottom. One already signed (Alan assumed) by this man.
"What happens if I sign this?" Alan asked, skeptical now. "We become pals, and I protect you from the horrors that await you." The man smiled wider. "What are you?" Alan asked. The man chuckled. "Oh, how silly of me! I didn't introduce myself. I'm Hark, a demon."
Alan froze. He had assumed it was just poor lighting and or bad makeup, but if he wasn't lying...
He had to be sure. "Uh, hang on, let me just... grab a pen..." Alan said as he began to open his bag. "Right here." Hark smirked as he held out a pen. "Oh... um... I like to use my own..." Alan smiled nervously. "Don't be crazy! This one is better than any pen you'll find."
Alan felt the cover of the Bible in his palm. Quickly, he removed it from his bag, thrusting it out at Hark, who almost immediately reacted negatively. With a roar, he shielded his eyes before immediately disappearing into a thin dust that quickly dispersed. "Oh ho ho, wrong move, kid."

Suddenly, a man jumped in between the demon and the boy. He had a Shepard's staff, and wore a large white trench coat. "Hark. I would recommend you back away from the boy. He doesn't know what he's doing. He's merely panicking. You do realize how you're supposed to be doing things, right?" the man said, tapping his staff on the ground. "I am the Humans' defender. Angels may be the bigger threat here, but I would advise you to not force me to get involved. I will battle a demon if I have to."

Naomi was pacing around Shard's living room, thinking. Then she noticed something. It was a book on Shard's desk. A bible. Naomi walked over, narrowing her eyes. Shard saw this, and walked over.
"Hey, uh, I kinda need that for a personal project. Could you maybe not mess with it...?" Shard said.
"Huh? No problem." Naomi said. "Just wondering why you have this." Naomi then touched the bible, and in a split second Shard pulled her away from it.
"Don't touch it!" he said.
"Wah?!" Naomi shouted, almost losing her balance. She then regained her balance and looked at Shard. "Listen, that book doesn't hurt me."
"...it doesn't...?" Shard said, confused. "But don't holy items injure demons...?"
"Yer thinking of Darkness-element demons." Naomi said with a smile. "Holy items like the Bible and Holy Water only hurt things like them. ...well Holy Water would hurt me too, I guess, but that's more so the water part."
"I am confused."
"Ah getcha." Naomi said. "Ah was too, at first. So listen. Us demons have a bunch of different elements we can be, as our magic works in different forms and we gain our life energy from different things. For example, I'm classified as a Fire-element Demon, as my magic is fire-based and I get my life energy from fires."
"So you don't need to eat...?"
"Nope! All I need is to stand by an open flame."
"Huh."

"Then who will stop all these happening? Believe me or not. Doom's day is soon..." A man was explaining in an argumentative television program. Joshua just shut the television, and turned his face to his friend sitting next to him now. "Aren't they exaggerating? I mean, you are a demon yourself too, and you aren't such a bad person." He questioned.

Schivi just raised an eyebrow and changed his position, giving a careful look. "Well. One thing about demons is that, they are demons and everything bad you hear 'bout them is probably true. It's just more than normal to be afraid of them. But let me tell you something, for all those years that I was watching humankind, I realized that your kind is even worse than that."

"Oh, thanks for calling me a being that is worse than the demons."

"Demons are at least predictable. But well, do you know what is even worse than humans?" Schivi then asked.

"What?"

"The angels. My kind suppress their cruel minds. We are like Hitler's soldiers. You know, God is too busy of hating what he created, and for everything he fails doing, he blames for somebody. Well, anyway. You don't need to be afraid of demons."

"Why is that?"

"Because you have a deal with me, I will protect you against anything."

Fortra examined Mia's room and looked at the window sill.A lilac sat in a pot on it and Fortra stared at it.

"It's so beautiful," she said quietly before reaching out and tapping it.It started to stir in the pot a little before it grew about two inches.MIa looked at the pot and smiled.She stood up and walked next to Fortra.

"A friend gave it to me," Mia mumbled with a little happiness in her voice, "So, any ideas of you want to do?" Fortra gave a mischievous look at Mia and turned into the little green toddler again.

"Let's go out to the forest back there," Fortra pointed out the window to a thick, green forest.Mia gave off a little sigh before walking to her desk.She grabbed the shoes that were placed next to the desk and put them on her feet.Mia opened her and Fortra zoomed out of the room.Mia followed behind her and went out of the house.Mia locked the door and braced for the forest.Since Fortra had the abitlity to mess with nature and how mischievous she seemed, Mia had some suspicions, but walked into the dense forest with Fortra.

"So," Fortra began, "I know this forest well.We'll walk through it and get into that good part of town." Mia smiled and rolled her eyes as she walked and Fortra floated, flowers popping up behind them.

Hark re-materialized in the dark, scowling at J before turning without another word, slinking back into the shadows, disappearing from sight. Alan watched, wide-eyed at it all. What was going on!? Maybe everything on the news hadn't been some elaborate hoax, maybe hell was finally on Earth, as it was described by John in the book of Revelations. Revelations... was it truly finally upon them? Alan could remember his grandfather talk about it. "An apocalypse more horrid than any one the human mind could imagine, the end of all life as we know it." He would say at a sermon, for he had been a preacher. Alan never paid much attention in Church. If all this was true, he wished he had. Maybe he would have a better understanding of current events if so.
He was pressed against the wall with nowhere to run, so he tried to make himself as flat against the wall as possible, closing his eyes, willing this 'J' to disappear before he too, turned on Alan, as the boy was in a delirious state, and not very willing to trust at the moment.

J merely looked at Alan. "That was an extremely stupid move, boy. I would recommend you keep that book with you whenever you go into the shadows." J then tapped his staff on the ground, and began to walk off. "Not all demons are like that fool! I imagine Dormammu will be calling him back soon." Before Alan could think about what J had said, he vanished.

"So whatcha doing?" Naomi asked, looking over Shard's shoulder at his computer.
"Oh, I'm currently writing a story." Shard said with a smile. "One of these days, I plan to get it published."
"Cool!" Naomi said with a smile. "What's it about?"
"It's about a world frozen in ice, and a small group of people fighting back against a thriving dark cult in the world." Shard explained. "At then end of the book, the main character is actually going to melt the frost with fire magic amplified by a magic crystal."
"Ooh, intriguing!" Naomi smiled. "When are you going to publish it?"
"When I finish it." Shard chuckled. "I'm still working on Chapter 3 right now. Actually, that reminds me. I'm planning to go talk with my potential publisher at 10 AM today."
"...uh, the clock says it's 9:15."
"WHAT?! OH SHIT!" Shard shouted, jumping out of his seat. He scrambled to grab a folder on his desk and run out.
"Hey, wait far me!" Naomi said, running after him.

Talia weaved through the streets on her motorcycle. The visor of her helmet shielding her eyes from light that would bother them. She pulled into her apartment building's parkinglot, ignoring the protests from the church across the street, and walked inside. She unlocked the door to her home, throwing her jacket on the chair by the door. She flopped onto the couch while stretching out. Her tv was turned on and the sound of mind numbing cartoons started to fill the small apartment.