• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Demon Slayer AU discussion

For the first enemy theme should it be royal or family

• Royal

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • Family

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
He's a more experienced demon slayer who will probably swing by on one of your missions. Maybe two birds accidentally give their respective partners the same mission and they meet, or they purposely do so because there's a particularly strong one that requires more than one demon slayer.
Sounds good, maybe make him a bit older if he’s experienced.

What I mean by "experienced" is that he passed a Final Selection that wasn't this one (I assume these things happen every year.) So he could've been locked up at 12, got out at 14, and passed the test at 15.

I could make him 17... but no more, because if I ship him, he's going right back to jail...
Alright I would make him 17, just seems odd that he’s younger than some of the people who are just now passing

Question. Dukes have the power to create more demons, right? I believe kyuu said so somewhere in the discussion and he's the resident anime expert, but one of your discussion posts attributes that ability to the Queen, Prince, and Princess.

Also, what's the difference between a morphed and unmorphed demon?
Okay I'm working on some enemies for you guys, just a heads up, I like to make people struggle, so be ready.
Heh. So am I.

Last edited:
Question. Dukes have the power to create more demons, right? I believe kyuu said so somewhere in the discussion and he's the resident anime expert, but one of your discussion posts attributes that ability to the Queen, Prince, and Princess.

Also, what's the difference between a morphed and unmorphed demon?

Heh. So am I.
I believe The dukes do have the power, these are all original anyways so we don’t have to follow an anime format.

Morphed demons have a blood demon art that grants them special abilities

Name: Mystery Eater
Personality: Highly intelligent, the Mystery Eater is a forward-thinking individual and brilliant organizer who takes lone demons under his wing and steers them on the path to "peaceful" coexistence. He's persuasive yet understanding, generous yet mysterious. The demon slayers don't know his true name, nor have they confirmed his existence. At present, the "Mystery Eater" is merely a way to explain a string of unsolved disappearances. So however flamboyant and over-the-top he gets when excited, he's still able to convince the world that he's just an urban legend. If demons are the darkness, then he's the unknown and alluring quality about it.
Appearance: He compensates for his 5'3" stature with a white top hat, pink pinstripe pants, a silky purple cravat, and a short, high-collared white cape fastened at the neck with a gold seal. While his garishly pink skin has nothing to hide, the round, foggy lenses of his spectacles obscure tired, honest eyes. His pointy ears are sharp and so's the way he dresses, consummating his appearance with a tightly buttoned blazer and brown tap shoes. What's more impressive than the clothes is the fact that he keeps them clean, since he's a flesh-eating demon. He certainly doesn't look it when he dons a clown mask and goes out in public. However conspicuous this may seem, it's actually an effective disguise. Everything else he wears makes him stick out like a sore thumb, so at that point the only way to fit in is to stand out. Most people just dismiss him as a circus freak.
Blood Demon Art: He curses others with a target-shaped rash wherever he touches them. Fifty is the maximum number of active marks. That is, he can mark 50 people once, or one person 50 times, or two people 25 times, and so on. Should he need to mark again, he'll have to unmark a previous victim.
Techniques: He monitors the health and location of whomever he's cursed. He's able to detect the smallest changes in their internal environment, so he'll know if they're sick, pregnant, or emotionally unstable. He can remove the sigil at will or make it explode into a shower of blood, as if a blade had run its bearer through. Depending where he marks someone, he can either kill remotely or wound severely. Finally, he can pass a single mark to a subordinate, who can then tag someone else, or brand someone with his cane, which he wields like an extension of his body.
Other: What if I gave him mindreading? Now that would be Upper Moon-level broken, and that's just not who he is. :p But we'll probably encounter him after Pearlan, who's actually broken.
Backstory: With a power like his, the Mystery Eater has his hands in a lot of places... and a lot of shady dealings. Taking advantage of poverty, he operates a string of brothels that draw in men and women looking to sell their bodies. Business hours run from morning to late in the night, and any revenues not used to cover building expenses are contributed to the workers' well-being. But this doesn't mean he's a saint. It only means he's after something other than money.

Indeed, what he wants is a steady supply of food. The female employees run a high risk of getting pregnant, and if they do, they're pulled off the shelves and carted away somewhere as merchandise, perhaps to a dark dungeon, or to an abandoned factory, or to some other temporary base. They're cared for throughout gestation, and the Mystery Eater himself pays them a visit when they've all born children. The little ones are promptly separated and devoured, while their mothers return to work. Keeping them silent involves a tremendous amount of physical and psychological abuse. They're told they're poor, useless, and cast aside by humanity, that they're property and have no rights in a court of law. Those who won't be broken are instantly torn to pieces. Eventually, the women begin to believe that this life is what's best for them, and when the day comes that they grow shriveled and unmarketable, they're consumed too. The worst part is that few will miss them, not the civilians who appreciate the cleaner streets, not the abusive husbands who drove them from their homes, not their one male coworker who was eaten long before, and certainly not the clients, who'd moved onto the next piece of meat. The Mystery Eater exploits the people's consumerism, keenly understands their constant desire to have what's new.

He throws lavish parties, and they come in droves to sate these hedonistic appetites, as his subordinates weave through the crowds and mark them. The target-shaped rashes are explained away as sexually transmitted diseases from his drunken orgies. Women who conceive are soon kidnapped, while others are remotely killed in their sleep and feasted on. The demon slayers haven't caught on either because the deaths seem unconnected, or because an organization unrecognized by the government is ill-equipped to bring down an entire crime syndicate, or because of the carefully timed and peripatetic nature of the Mystery Eater's operations. Most likely, they haven't grasped that what makes demons most dangerous is not brute strength, sharp teeth, or enhanced regeneration, but clever deception.

At least that's what people would attribute his activities to, if they knew. But the Mystery Eater sees himself as a harbinger of peaceful coexistence, the humans throwing demons their scraps and the demons cleaning up their society in return. He's an instrument of justice, not evil, and to that end, he always seeks new ways to streamline his work, dabbling in grave robbery and artificial insemination, among other things. Going berserk and devouring everyone in sight is probably what lesser members of his organization would do. But their petite, nattily dressed leader thinks more like a human, gets inside the heads of his prey and expertly straddles the divide between bright civilization and the dark, demon underworld, because he is what he eats.

Name: Mystery Eater
Personality: Highly intelligent, the Mystery Eater is a forward-thinking individual and brilliant organizer who takes lone demons under his wing and steers them on the path to "peaceful" coexistence. He's persuasive yet understanding, generous yet mysterious. The demon slayers don't know his true name, nor have they confirmed his existence. At present, the "Mystery Eater" is merely a way to explain a string of unsolved disappearances. So however flamboyant and over-the-top he gets when excited, he's still able to convince the world that he's just an urban legend. If demons are the darkness, then he's the unknown and alluring quality about it.
Appearance: He compensates for his 5'3" stature with a white top hat, pink pinstripe pants, a silky purple cravat, and a short, high-collared white cape fastened at the neck with a gold seal. While his garishly pink skin has nothing to hide, the round, foggy lenses of his spectacles obscure tired, honest eyes. His pointy ears are sharp and so's the way he dresses, consummating his appearance with a tightly buttoned blazer and brown tap shoes. What's more impressive than the clothes is the fact that he keeps them clean, since he's a flesh-eating demon. He certainly doesn't look it when he dons a clown mask and goes out in public. However conspicuous this may seem, it's actually an effective disguise. Everything else he wears makes him stick out like a sore thumb, so at that point the only way to fit in is to stand out. Most people just dismiss him as a circus freak.
Blood Demon Art: He curses others with a target-shaped rash wherever he touches them. Fifty is the maximum number of active marks. That is, he can mark 50 people once, or one person 50 times, or two people 25 times, and so on. Should he need to mark again, he'll have to unmark a previous victim.
Techniques: He monitors the health and location of whomever he's cursed. He's able to detect the smallest changes in their internal environment, so he'll know if they're sick, pregnant, or emotionally unstable. He can remove the sigil at will or make it explode into a shower of blood, as if a blade had run its bearer through. Depending where he marks someone, he can either kill remotely or wound severely. Finally, he can pass a single mark to a subordinate, who can then tag someone else, or brand someone with his cane, which he wields like an extension of his body.
Other: What if I gave him mindreading? Now that would be Upper Moon-level broken, and that's just not who he is. :p But we'll probably encounter him after Pearlan, who's actually broken.
Backstory: With a power like his, the Mystery Eater has his hands in a lot of places... and a lot of shady dealings. Taking advantage of poverty, he operates a string of brothels that draw in men and women looking to sell their bodies. Business hours run from morning to late in the night, and any revenues not used to cover building expenses are contributed to the workers' well-being. But this doesn't mean he's a saint. It only means he's after something other than money.

Indeed, what he wants is a steady supply of food. The female employees run a high risk of getting pregnant, and if they do, they're pulled off the shelves and carted away somewhere as merchandise, perhaps to a dark dungeon, or to an abandoned factory, or to some other temporary base. They're cared for throughout gestation, and the Mystery Eater himself pays them a visit when they've all born children. The little ones are promptly separated and devoured, while their mothers return to work. Keeping them silent involves a tremendous amount of physical and psychological abuse. They're told they're poor, useless, and cast aside by humanity, that they're property and have no rights in a court of law. Those who won't be broken are instantly torn to pieces. Eventually, the women begin to believe that this life is what's best for them, and when the day comes that they grow shriveled and unmarketable, they're consumed too. The worst part is that few will miss them, not the civilians who appreciate the cleaner streets, not the abusive husbands who drove them from their homes, not their one male coworker who was eaten long before, and certainly not the clients, who'd moved onto the next piece of meat. The Mystery Eater exploits the people's consumerism, keenly understands their constant desire to have what's new.

He throws lavish parties, and they come in droves to sate these hedonistic appetites, as his subordinates weave through the crowds and mark them. The target-shaped rashes are explained away as sexually transmitted diseases from his drunken orgies. Women who conceive are soon kidnapped, while others are remotely killed in their sleep and feasted on. The demon slayers haven't caught on either because the deaths seem unconnected, or because an organization unrecognized by the government is ill-equipped to bring down an entire crime syndicate, or because of the carefully timed and peripatetic nature of the Mystery Eater's operations. Most likely, they haven't grasped that what makes demons most dangerous is not brute strength, sharp teeth, or enhanced regeneration, but clever deception.

At least that's what people would attribute his activities to, if they knew. But the Mystery Eater sees himself as a harbinger of peaceful coexistence, the humans throwing demons their scraps and the demons cleaning up their society in return. He's an instrument of justice, not evil, and to that end, he always seeks new ways to streamline his work, dabbling in grave robbery and artificial insemination, among other things. Going berserk and devouring everyone in sight is probably what lesser members of his organization would do. But their petite, nattily dressed leader thinks more like a human, gets inside the heads of his prey and expertly straddles the divide between bright civilization and the dark, demon underworld, because he is what he eats.
Wow. That was amazing. He’s so delightfully twisted and reminds me of Hannibal Lector (which is always a good thing xD). I feel like he’s too good to include as a subordinate in the queen arc and could definitely serve as the main antagonist for the next arc or a preceding arc. He definitely deserves a whole storyline, so let’s leave it up to the members. Who would rather have the Mystery Eater be the main antagonist for the first arc? It would allow less powerful enemy demons than the queen arc, which would allow lots of character development since the new slayers would have to fight through many employed demons in order to get to Eater. I’m 100% for pushing back the queen and doing this at first but I’ll wait to hear all your opinions before I act on it.

Who would rather have the Mystery Eater be the main antagonist for the first arc? It would allow less powerful enemy demons than the queen arc, which would allow lots of character development since the new slayers would have to fight through many employed demons in order to get to Eater.
Hmm... I have to disagree with this being the first arc.

I wouldn't say the Mystery Eater is a middleman, but he has a partner in crime who's even more shadowed and mysterious, which is why he doesn't have a bio (yet). But I need ample time to develop this second character, which means I can't have Eater getting killed off too quickly, or even being killed before his partner. I'm trying to get it to fit like this: we only learn of this demon's existence after we're well into foiling the Mystery Eater, but they'll both go down at the same time.

Since it doesn't make sense for development purposes that my new character will be killed right after being introduced, they won't die together in that first fight. So there has to be some time between the initial encounter with Eater and the next fight for me to develop him, since I can't do it now.

On that note, this as the first arc wouldn't allow less powerful enemy demons than the queen arc... since this guy is ridiculously strong himself. Actually, this whole storyline is probably the equivalent of five arcs... When all of it unravels it'll feel like an endgame, which isn't a good starting point.

In other words, I can't leave this up to the members, because I'm not giving you enough information to make an informed decision. I was thinking that the RP could start off episodic, either fighting common demons or more powerful ones with Blood Demon Arts on a series of missions, none of them affiliated with a fancy underground crime syndicate. But by choosing this option we run the risk of making the plot too repetitive and killing any interest before we even get to the good stuff. As for the Mystery Eater, he can make brief appearances here and there, meeting our good demon characters ( @Clite of Dragonbow and @ThAtGuY101 ) in strange places and courting them.

So I tried to follow what was already happening for the most part.
Team 1
I really like Samui and Dolan as teammates since they’re basically opposites.
Team 2
Kazure and Akane already are together and they fit well
Team 3
Kit and Sen can have some alpha male competition, Phyralis and Miyaji already get along and a sassy girl and a nice guy would balance the group out well.

Hmm... I have to disagree with this being the first arc.

I wouldn't say the Mystery Eater is a middleman, but he has a partner in crime who's even more shadowed and mysterious, which is why he doesn't have a bio (yet). But I need ample time to develop this second character, which means I can't have Eater getting killed off too quickly, or even being killed before his partner. I'm trying to get it to fit like this: we only learn of this demon's existence after we're well into foiling the Mystery Eater, but they'll both go down at the same time.

Since it doesn't make sense for development purposes that my new character will be killed right after being introduced, they won't die together in that first fight. So there has to be some time between the initial encounter with Eater and the next fight for me to develop him, since I can't do it now.

On that note, this as the first arc wouldn't allow less powerful enemy demons than the queen arc... since this guy is ridiculously strong himself. Actually, this whole storyline is probably the equivalent of five arcs... When all of it unravels it'll feel like an endgame, which isn't a good starting point.

In other words, I can't leave this up to the members, because I'm not giving you enough information to make an informed decision. I was thinking that the RP could start off episodic, either fighting common demons or more powerful ones with Blood Demon Arts on a series of missions, none of them affiliated with a fancy underground crime syndicate. But by choosing this option we run the risk of making the plot too repetitive and killing any interest before we even get to the good stuff. As for the Mystery Eater, he can make brief appearances here and there, meeting our good demon characters ( @Clite of Dragonbow and @ThAtGuY101 ) in strange places and courting them.
I didn’t mean for mystery eater to die in the first fight. He’d be a long lasting arc and they would have to kill many demons before they get to him. Trust me though, he’s not near as strong as I made the queen. She’s supposed to be about Muzan level and this rp could go on for a year or more before we get to her. Each Royal family member will have an arc (albeit lower members will have shorter arcs) that will take a bit of time. I could see the Mystery Eater arc lasting months so time to develop shouldn’t be one of your concerns if he is the first arc.

When you say first arc, I hope you don't mean that we're rolling out with this plot the moment we get our swords. I still think there should be a honeymoon period where we're completing smaller albeit challenging missions, with less direction, before we latch onto the deeper story and kick it into high gear. So, start slow.

If that isn't what you meant, then I have no problems.

When you say first arc, I hope you don't mean that we're rolling out with this plot the moment we get our swords. I still think there should be a honeymoon period where we're completing smaller albeit challenging missions, with less direction, before we latch onto the deeper story and kick it into high gear. So, start slow.

If that isn't what you meant, then I have no problems.
So here’s what I mean. The two groups of two will fight morphed demons that are causing trouble. The group of four will take on a demon that is distantly linked to mystery eater and will mention something that vaguely hints at an underground crime lord. This will birth a conspiracy amongst the young demon slayers and they will continue looking for hints in their next missions. After like 3 more missions they’ll have a pretty good idea of the existence of Mystery Eater, who will realize there are demon slayers threatening his empire and send stronger hand picked demons to kill them.

@E.K.A.N.S. thats quite the operations the mystery eater has going on... and kudos on the fancy outfit... its nice seeing people describe their characters as being "flamboyant" and "over the top".

Ren and the mystery eater if they met would either be in Ren's cave or somewhere in the woods or somewhere else remote... I think Ren would likley absolutely love having a visitor even if only to feed his ego and his love of talking to someone other than rats that scurry in the cave... though Ren might be suspicious and definitely overconfident and unapologetic... no way around that.

So here’s what I mean. The two groups of two will fight morphed demons that are causing trouble. The group of four will take on a demon that is distantly linked to mystery eater and will mention something that vaguely hints at an underground crime lord. This will birth a conspiracy amongst the young demon slayers and they will continue looking for hints in their next missions. After like 3 more missions they’ll have a pretty good idea of the existence of Mystery Eater, who will realize there are demon slayers threatening his empire and send stronger hand picked demons to kill them.
Okay, but my version goes somewhat differently. As our demon slayers are fighting throngs of powerful enemies, the Mystery Eater is out there courting the good demons ( @Clite of Dragonbow and @ThAtGuY101 ) in public places (in nighttime bars, on forest strolls, in dark alleyways, caves). They're probably there to drown their sorrows and lament the fact that they can't see the sun, their families, etc. (although before they do that I'd like to have Sen encounter and befriend one of them). Anyway, the Mystery Eater tries to recruit them to his organization, offering them work in one of its tamer areas... (definitely not the brothel ring, that's not a good place for sympathetic demons to start out). But as the good demons continue to work for the Mystery Eater (if they accepted his offer in the first place), they become curious about the darker side of his organization... and once they learn it, they rat it out to our demon slayers.

At first they're skeptical, but when their current mission leads them to one of the Mystery Eater's abandoned hideouts and they see what's left inside... they believe the good demons' story and that's where the arc begins. I think this is a great way of involving @Clite of Dragonbow and @ThAtGuY101 's demon characters in the story, rather than having them carted around on our backs for half the day/being alone somewhere. It'll allow Clite and 101 to develop them too, describe their internal struggles between the demon slayers' notion of good and the Mystery Eater's, which side to choose, when both make sense.

This is a lot less straightforward than what you had in mind @Mango137 but the Mystery Eater isn't exactly a straightforward villain. What do you think about that? Should we put it to a vote?

Last edited:
It would be easier for the demon slayers to find them at abandoned hideouts rather than sending a squad through a hazardous cave... though I have a question... How will they come across the mystery eater? does he find them strolling outside in the night? I doubt the mystery eater will want to visit Ren's cozy little abode and risk tearing or dirtying his nice suit...

I'm a little disappointed Dolan didn't make it on the four person squad ,but this decision is fine. might be funny interactions. both of them are awkward except Samui is a sheltered girl that comes from a line of demon slayers while dolan is just a awkward farm boy... (not that that's a bad thing or anything of course!)
Her parents are dead and she’s been living alone for the last 3 years.

It would be easier for the demon slayers to find them at abandoned hideouts rather than sending a squad through a hazardous cave... though I have a question... How will they come across the mystery eater? does he find them strolling outside in the night? I doubt the mystery eater will want to visit Ren's cozy little abode and risk tearing or dirtying his nice suit...
Oh no, we won't be finding Ren in the abandoned hideout. What we'll find there is the blood and carnage left over from one of the Mystery Eater's prostitution rings.

We can stumble upon the hideout as we're hunting a morphed demon on a completely unrelated mission (let's say we wound the demon severely and he sees a random factory in the forest and runs there for shelter, leading us there).
It would be easier for the demon slayers to find them at abandoned hideouts rather than sending a squad through a hazardous cave...
Who knows, maybe Sen and the others will go into your hazardous cave... and the fact that it's hard is a good thing. Let's say Kit and Sen have one of their alpha male battles, challenge each other as to who can reach the end of the cave first, and then they meet Ren... Or maybe we don't clear the cave, instead we get caught in the traps and lose consciousness, Ren hears something and saves us, nurses us back to health like a nice demon... :p
How will they come across the mystery eater? does he find them strolling outside in the night? I doubt the mystery eater will want to visit Ren's cozy little abode and risk tearing or dirtying his nice suit...
The demon slayers won't meet the Mystery Eater until much, much later... but Ren, because he's a fellow demon, gets to meet him early. Wait, quick question though, does Ren not come out of his cave at all? Even at night? For some fresh air?

Her parents are dead and she’s been living alone for the last 3 years.

I must have quickly glanced over that part... thanks for pointing it out...

Oh no, we won't be finding Ren in the abandoned hideout. What we'll find there is the blood and carnage left over from one of the Mystery Eater's prostitution rings.

We can stumble upon the hideout as we're hunting a morphed demon on a completely unrelated mission (let's say we wound the demon severely and he sees a random factory in the forest and runs there for shelter, leading us there).

Who knows, maybe Sen and the others will go into your hazardous cave... and the fact that it's hard is a good thing. Let's say Kit and Sen have one of their alpha male battles, challenge each other as to who can reach the end of the cave first, and then they meet Ren... Or maybe we don't clear the cave, instead we get caught in the traps and lose consciousness, Ren hears something and saves us, nurses us back to health like a nice demon... :p

The demon slayers won't meet the Mystery Eater until much, much later... but Ren, because he's a fellow demon, gets to meet him early. Wait, quick question though, does Ren not come out of his cave at all? Even at night? For some fresh air?
okay... makes sense... and he does come out at night... yes. so it would be more likely he would spot him outside at night.

On that note, this as the first arc wouldn't allow less powerful enemy demons than the queen arc... since this guy is ridiculously strong himself.
Trust me though, he’s not near as strong as I made the queen.
Oh, small misunderstanding. When I said "this guy," I wasn't referring to the Mystery Eater, I was talking about his partner. Mystery Eater is more brains than brawn anyway.
I laughed harder at that comment than I should have for some reason...
Same XD