• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Demon Slayer AU discussion

For the first enemy theme should it be royal or family

• Royal

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • Family

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yeah, I’m not sure how I feel about people just working with other characters they’re familiar with, kind of forces groups from my point of view and I don’t want that. I had an idea for teams based off personalities, though things are a little thrown off by the lack of an 8th

I mean you can keep it if you want but it makes it a lot harder to write for the twin girls because they probably wouldn’t approve of him grabbing it early but at the same time they’d just be giving it right back... it’s just not an action that is predicted and there aren’t any reactions that I can think of for it

Name: Pearlan Eveldauer (Duke)
Personality: Scheming and ruthless, Pearlan is one of the most feared demons in existence, yet his is also shrouded in mystery. Equally mysterious are the countless disappearances for which he is responsible, devouring large swaths of the population like an untraceable, rain-wrapped tornado, their fates unknown beyond its windy, impenetrable walls. But his movements are far more meticulous and less erratic than those of a twister. Instead of ravenously consuming his victims like an unsightly, low-level demon, Pearlan ensnares them with elaborate traps and carefully devised plots that behoove a monster of his sophistication. He's an epicure who enjoys the finer things in life, as far as his feeding habits are concerned. He's less pretentious and more personable around his close followers, however, committing himself to new plans with a childish zeal and becoming easily flustered in their everyday interactions. Pearlan has welcomed demonhood with a tight embrace, smiling wickedly at humanity's charges of evil and expressions of fear. But what really needs a protective embrace is his fragile ego.
Appearance: Standing at 6'1," Pearlan has purple skin on a deceptively innocent face and feral, slitted pupils inside yellow irises. His messy, midnight-blue hair, which sticks up in all directions like greedy hands claiming the world for themselves, has begrudgingly spared some room for his small, ringed horns. The fanged, lean-muscled demon is considered quite handsome, though he doesn't dare remove his white mask, cloak, breastplate, and tinted goggles in the sun.
Blood Demon Art: He can change the color of his skin and phase through anything that matches his complexion. Conversely, anything of the same color will phase harmlessly through him. But he rarely uses his ability, since he's skilled enough in hand-to-hand combat.
Techniques: Pearlan aims to get the most out of his raw strength, relying on simple but effective blows. If these fail, he'll draw his sword.
Other: Marginally resistant to sunlight, he can survive a few extra seconds in the day before perishing like any other demon.
Backstory: Prior to being turned, he was a humble farmhand who fancied himself a master swordsman, his sickle planted firmly in the earth but his thoughts grounded weakly in reality. He was talented with a blade, and he did think he was destined for greatness... but he'd never chased his dreams with any passion and resigned himself to a modest life. When the Princess transformed him, it was as if he'd been reborn... Pearlan now possessed immense strength, speed, and regenerative capabilities. Most importantly, he possessed a new mentality, convinced that with this body he could achieve anything he put his mind to. As the inspired demon roamed the lands, those wheels that had spun inconsequentially in his head now churned out detailed plans, drawing a large number of loyal followers. Demons, especially lowly, bloodthirsty ones, normally didn't work together. But perhaps Pearlan's newfound confidence, his disarming visage, or a latent ability to understand others that he'd only developed after living in his own head and thoroughly understanding himself overrode their instincts. With the Eveldauer Clan behind him, the Duke finally seized the greatness his human self had dreamed of, launching an ambitious offensive on a large city, devouring its lord, and erecting an imposing wall around his new dominion in a bloody event known as the Scourge of Dowa. Though Pearlan remains loyal to the Queen and Princess, he pursues his own goals with a demon's fervor.

Last edited:
Name: Fartass Fatfuckius
********Gender: I know you're not requiring us to include a gender section because in real life it's 2019 and there are like 43 genders nowadays (because 42 is the meaning of life and in this day and age we've transcended the supreme plane of our existence and have reached an ethereal state of being where we can define our own identities and genders despite the reproductive organs with which nature has assigned us, some of us take it a step further and stab their genitals to pieces in the shower in a fit of rage and denial cause they got the wrong ones and they say people have their best ideas in the shower, bullshit) but this is set in the 1920s when there were only 2 genders, Fartass is a dude in case you were worried he was gonna be an attack helicopter which didn't exist back then unless he's from the future, he flew around the earth so fast like a fart rocket faster than the speed of light and ended up stuck in the past so he's ahead of his time, he came back to save the world from demons because all of you are gonna die, at least that was the intention but all of you might die anyway if not from demons then from a giant mushroom-cloud sized rip from his back seat
Personality: Fartass despite his unfortunate name (one night his mother went to the toilet and birthed him from her ass by accident so that's how he got his name) is a very nice boy. I know this is the personality section not the appearance section but it's important for the sake of developing his personality that I mention he's very fat (though you probably assumed that already because for some reason fat guys always fart all the time in anime games movies and webnovels and kyuu please confirm this for me but probably xianxia too cause that's Chinese and I heard Chinese people don't even use napkins or utensils at the dinner table so they must be gross in other ways too, wait it's 2019 we established that in the gender section please don't kill me libtards why don't you get a job instead and move out of your parents basement and don't say "ok boomer" cause it's 2020 soon and that meme will die faster than anyone who catches a whiff of Fartass's rear cannon, he may use it for good but the smell... IS JUST EVIL!!!) Anyway, close parentheses, I'm writing a bio here--SO AS I SAID Fartass is a very nice boy who is also very fat, his stomach folds so much it's like he has a big wobbly thrusting gelatinous six pack, but don't be grossed out, if your children are stuck freezing in the cold he'll stuff them in there and keep them warm but some of them don't wanna come out or they just suffocated, who knows but if you're worried about your child then maybe you shouldn't leave them in the cold you deadbeat piece of shit. BUT FARTASS WILL SAVE THE DAY, he'll get your cat down from the tree, he'll help your son pass his test, he'll fix your dysfunctional marriage! And by that I mean he'll fart and it'll smell so bad that the cat will drop dead and fall to the ground, if life is a test then your son passing it means he'll pass on to the next world after inhaling the fumes of the dreaded ass cannon and fixing your dysfunctional marriage means divorcing your souls from their bodies because he dropped a hot one in your bedroom that was so vile your spirits were like "I quit" and floated out of you then found solace in the fact that they're floating off to Hell because that's better than that stanky ass room after Fartass is done with it, or so they thought, only to be sucked into his buttcheeks cause that's where hell was all along... shit!
Appearance: "This will change after joining the demon corps." ...Yeah, if you can get this fat cunt to lose weight. No one knows what he really looks like... he's perpetually surrounded by a thick opaque cloud of flatulence that's a mile wide and people drop dead like the plague whenenver they come in contact with it... Come to think of it why did I waste so much time wirintg the personality section, no one ever knows his personality for the same reason, unless their souls are trapped inside his stinky hellish anus prison
Marking (Optional): Marking?! BITCH! HE ISN'T BRANDED OR OWNED BY ANYBODY! I SHOULD SLAP THE SHIT OUT OF YOU! ...Oh, it says optional? Well ok then, you're off the hook but if I ever catch you in my hood again i'll snap ur fuckin neck, no one will ever brand MY character's ass with a hot iron got it you IMAGINARY motherfucker i'm HYPOTHETICALLY talking to??!!
Bird: Magic Tits No wait I've already done that joke before
Weapon: Do you really need to ask? (Hint: Wanna know what his weapon is, change the "k" in ask to an "s," then ks!!! Kill self!!!)
Blade Color: Yellow and brown
Special Ability (optional): He may not be the best at killing demons but oh boy, he sure leaves a stinky demon in the toilet every time he goes... one that has claimed the lives of many demon slayers who've tried to reclaim that bathroom...
Breath Style: BAD BREATH CAUSED BY GINGIVITIS
Techniques:
- FIRST STYLE : "RIPPIN' ASS"
- SECOND STYLE : "DON'T FUCK WITH ME OR I'LL RIP YOUR HEAD OFF"
- THIRD STYLE: "JACK THE RIPPER"
- FOURTH STYLE: "BIG RIP"
- FIFTH STYLE: "HIROSHITMA AND NaGASaki" oh god...………………
- SIXTH STYLE: "SON CAN YOU PLEASE CHANGE THE CHANNEL? BUT DAD, I DON'T FEEL LIKE GETTING UP, WHY CAN'T YOU DO IT!!! CAUSE I'M OLD AND YOU'RE YOUNG AND STRONG, YOU SHOULD GET OFF THE COUCH AND MOVE YOUR ASS FOR A CHANGE! ALRIGHT DAD, YOU WANT ME TO MOVE MY ASS WELL THEN I'LL STRATEGICALLY CONTORT MY BUTTCHEEKS TO PRODUCE AN ACCURATELY PLACED FART THAT DRIFTS TO THE BUTTON ON THE TV SCREEN AND IS SO THICK AND HEAVY AND SOLID-FEELING UNLIKE AN ORDINARY DISSIPATING CLOUD OF GAS THAT IT ACTUALLY SUCCESSFULLY PUSHES THE BUTTON AND CHANGES THE CHANNEL TO FOX NEWS BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT EVERY OLD FART BABY BOOMER WATCHES NOWADAYS, YOU COULD SAY IT MAKES SENSE, THAT A FART WOULD DRIFT TOWARD THE TV SCREEN AND CHANGES THE CHANNEL INSTEAD OF A HUMAN FINGER CAUSE THERE'S NOTHING THAT DRAWS IN MORE OLD FARTS THAN A CONSERVATIVE NEWS CHANNEL WHERE IT'S ALWAYS A PANEL OF SHRIVELED DINOSAURS SITTING AT A TABLE COMPLAINING ABOUT YOUNG PEOPLE AND BASHING STARBUCKS, DUNKIN SUCKS ANYWAY UNLESS THERE'S A HOT COLLEGE GIRL EATING DONUTS OFF MY C-"
- SEVENTH STYLE: "IS IT TOO LATE NOW TO SAY POTTY"
- EIGHTH STYLE: "YOU'VE BEEN RIPPED BY, YOU'VE BEEN CUCKED BY, A SMOOTH CRIMINAL"
- NINTH STYLE: "LET A RIP"
- TENTH STYLE: "THE RIPPLE EFFECT"
- ELEVENTH STYLE: "RIPLEY'S BELIEVE IT OR NOT"
- TWELFTH STYLE: "RIP TO YOUR SANITY AS YOU READ THIS"
- TWELFTH STYLE: "SCATTERED RIPOSTE"
- THIRTEENTH STYLE: "CLEARED SKIES (clearing the skies of birds because they all drop dead from the stench)"
- NINETEENTH STYLE: "I CAN'T COUNT"​
Other: Phyra owns a horse? Well Fartass got the horses in the bacc… Yep, that ass rips at 200 horsepower, bitch! Leavin you in the dust... or killin your and turning you to dust more accurately, that's how much it stanks…………...…………..
Backstory: If you want to know the story of his backside... get off the computer and go to college, im sure there's an entire course on it, there are some useless bs college majors out there nowadays that don't teach you shit that you can use in the real world... besides, Fartass's legendary caboose blaster has a long and storied history that takes AT LEAST 4 YEARS OF PUBLIC (ahem, though it's more of a private matter) EDUCATION to know in its entirety so if you came to this section thinking I was on some sparknotes bullshit well get off your lazy ass and go study, even if you're a science student not a history student because the ass cannon is a piece of technology that's thousands of years ahead of its time and may even contain the cancer cure that's keistered up there, maybe maybe not but you'll have to stop being a nerdy sciencey glasses-wearing pussy ass bitch and see for yourself now put on some gloves and get a magnifying glass, please accept I worked very hard on this bio I even skipped thanksgiving with my family just to write it and ate my baby brother because his crying was distracting and i needed to focus

^So I've been constipated lately, and I wanted to see if writing about farts while sitting on the toilet would help my bowel movements, and I can honestly say, it did the trick. Honestly college has been stressful... they should give me a Ph.D. already for this momentous discovery so I can move on with my life.

^^All of that was a joke if you couldn't tell, even what I just said. Here's my real bio:

Name: Pearlan Eveldauer (Duke)
Personality: Scheming and ruthless, Lord Pearlan is one of the most feared demons in existence, yet his is also shrouded in mystery. Equally mysterious are the countless disappearances for which he is responsible, devouring large swaths of the population like an untraceable, rain-wrapped tornado, their fates unknown beyond its windy, impenetrable walls. But his movements are far more meticulous and less erratic than those of a twister. Instead of ravenously consuming his victims like an unsightly, low-level demon, Pearlan ensnares them with elaborate traps and carefully devised plots that behoove a monster of his sophistication. He's an epicure who enjoys the finer things in life, as far as his feeding habits are concerned. He's less pretentious and more personable around his close followers, however, committing himself to new plans with a childish zeal and becoming easily flustered in their everyday interactions. Pearlan has welcomed demonhood with a tight embrace, smiling wickedly at humanity's charges of evil and expressions of fear. But what really needs a protective embrace is his fragile ego.
Appearance: Standing at 6'1," Pearlan has purple skin on a deceptively innocent face and feral, slitted pupils inside yellow irises. His messy, midnight-blue hair, which sticks up in all directions like greedy hands claiming the world for themselves, has begrudgingly spared some room for his small, ringed horns. The fanged, lean-muscled demon is considered quite handsome, though he doesn't dare remove his white mask, cloak, breastplate, and tinted goggles in the sun.
Blood Demon Art: He can change the color of his skin and phase through anything that matches his complexion. Conversely, anything of the same color will phase harmlessly through him. But he rarely uses his ability, since he's skilled enough in hand-to-hand combat.
Techniques: Pearlan aims to get the most out of his raw strength, relying on simple but effective blows. If these fail, he'll draw his sword.
Other: Marginally resistant to sunlight, Pearlan can survive a few extra seconds in the day before perishing like any other demon.
Backstory: Prior to being turned, he was a humble farmhand who fancied himself a master swordsman, his sickle planted firmly in the earth but his thoughts grounded weakly in reality. He was talented with a blade, and he did think he was destined for greatness... but he'd never chased his dreams with any passion and resigned himself to a modest life. When the Princess transformed him, it was as if he'd been reborn... Pearlan now possessed immense strength, speed, and regenerative capabilities. Most importantly, he possessed a new mentality, convinced that with this body he could achieve anything he put his mind to. As the inspired demon roamed the lands, those wheels that had spun inconsequentially in his head now churned out detailed plans, drawing a large number of loyal followers. Demons, especially lowly, bloodthirsty ones, normally didn't work together. But perhaps Pearlan's newfound confidence, his disarming visage, or a latent ability to understand others that he'd only developed after living in his own head and thoroughly understanding himself overrode their instincts. With the Eveldauer Clan behind him, the Duke finally seized the greatness his human self had dreamed of, launching an ambitious offensive on a large city, devouring its lord, and erecting an imposing wall around his new dominion in a bloody event known as the Scourge of Dowa. Though Pearlan remains loyal to the Queen and Princess, he pursues his own goals with a demon's fervor.
Well..... honestly, I just forgot to put gender as a tab, I probably should’ve done that, but by the time I realized it was too late xD. You’re definitely gonna have to delete the whole first half because otherwise you will be banned for spam along with a list of other things. Once that’s deleted you’re accepted.

Deleted, at your request. I don't know if the rules would consider this spam as my post still contains relevant content and clearly states that it was a joke, though it's the job of the staff and not us commoners to interpret the rules. Let's not go there though... heh.

Also, you should check out a thread called Bad RP Contest. You might like it. ;)

Deleted, at your request. I don't know if the rules would consider this spam as my post still contains relevant content and clearly states that it was a joke, though it's the job of the staff and not us commoners to interpret the rules. Let's not go there though... heh.

Also, you should check out a thread called Bad RP Contest. You might like it. ;)
I saw that awhile ago, it looked super fun. Also, if you want there is an open demon slayer spot for a real character

I assume Pearlan is accepted? You did say I was once I deleted the joke bio, which I did, but you might want to add him in the first post.
I saw that awhile ago, it looked super fun
Yeah, but did you see the one from 2018? I was in that one and the goal was to write bad character bios... Heh.
Also, if you want there is an open demon slayer spot for a real character
I could make a demon slayer, but Hecotoro said he wanted to take that spot, so I'd be upsetting him greatly. And I wouldn't want to do that, since we're neighbors. Studio Ghibli even made a movie about our wonderful relationship. It's called "My Neighbor Hecotoro."

I assume Pearlan is accepted? You did say I was once I deleted the joke bio, which I did, but you might want to add him in the first post.

Yeah, but did you see the one from 2018? I was in that one and the goal was to write bad character bios... Heh.

I could make a demon slayer, but Hecotoro said he wanted to take that spot, so I'd be upsetting him greatly. And I wouldn't want to do that, since we're neighbors. Studio Ghibli even made a movie about our wonderful relationship. It's called "My Neighbor Hecotoro."
Oh my god I completely forgot he was making one xD maybe I’ll make an exception since you’re bio for the duke was really good and the super long joke shows you had a good amount of interest

And yes, he was accepted and added to the first post.

and the super long joke shows you had a good amount of interest
Or that I have no life :p

You can always make an exception and I appreciate that, but... there's more than one way to introduce a demon slayer in case I decide to make one somewhere down the line. He/she might not have been part of this year's batch that survived the Final Selection, but he/she could've done it last year, or whenever. Would be more experienced. You have demon slayer slots because if you accept too many, then too many would've passed the same test, making it unrealistically easy, but this solves that problem.

I'll make a Pearlan post soon, but for now I'll just sit back with some popcorn and enjoy the show...
Perfect. She had created the perfect excuse to stay away from her home. If Kazu would cooperate, she could avoid her home completely.
Come on, Kazu! Take the hint and invite her to your house! convince your parents you're not gay

Last edited:
maybe we can adjust; so let's say:
- new demon slayers split up into their desired teams (which has already happened now)
- rp through a few missions as those teams against small demons
- when a hierarchy demon (or two) arrives, all the demon slayers convene to one place in order to fight
- then the master (assuming it's still ubuyashiki) divides the demon slayers himself to help do recon and search for the core of the hierarchy, and that's when we use the teams that mango originally made

just a suggestion to still use the alliances you formed already; it's all good if you don't want to use this

Okay, here’s a problem. I’m just following the format for how the demon slayers get there swords, please keep in mind this isn’t the main point of the rp. I understand you all want your characters to shine, and trust me they will have a chance. But right now I was just hoping we could all just grab our ores and go home, just like in the manga. I wasn’t planning on people already making groups and traveling together or people questioning the two girls (honestly the less I have to write as them, the better. I’m basically copying exactly what they do in the manga because I hate changing canon characters or even making assumptions on what they would do). Please feel free to continue writing your interactions, but keep in mind that I’m waiting for everyone to settle in so I can time skip to everyone receiving their swords. I wasn’t even planning on writing Kit’s journey home. The good stuff in this rp happens after they get their swords, right now it’s all set up for background on how each individual character handles situations and familiarize them to other rpers. Please let me know if you have any suggestions to improve my plan!

@E.K.A.N.S. hecotoro said he’s having trouble coming up with a demon slayer so you’re free to make one
Kazu isn't gay! :D I think, his bio doesn't mention anything about that. I'm sure he isn't :angel:
You said that thrice, sounds like you really want it to be true. Has Akane set her eye on our Kazu? :\=|:

Well, in case he is (jk)... here ya go:

Name: Sen Kronos
Personality: He's blunt and prefers things done his way. His quickness to take charge comes from a strong sense of justice that lies beneath his hardened exterior. Sen's past experiences have taught him the importance of allies, so he makes more of an effort to socialize than he did as a child. His dry, understated sense of humor, which contrasts the alpha-male vibe, is probably a vestige of the person he was back then.
Appearance: Sen has icy-blue hair that gently brushes his eyebrows but almost completely covers his ears. While his stare is patently dead, it's unknown if anything's dead or alive under the brown scarf that always covers the lower half of his face. That, complete with a black haori and the standard demon slayer uniform, gives him an assassin's appearance. Which isn't far from the truth. If you try to take his scarf, he'll rip your spine out through your mouth and throttle you to death.
Marking (Optional): Eight-pointed star... maybe it's under the scarf?
Bird: Cactus wren
Weapon: Katana
Blade Color: DESERT SAND
Special Ability (optional): N/A
Breath Style: Breath of Sand (derived from Breath of Wind)
Techniques:
  • First Style: Shreds of Reality- Heat waves dance off his blade, creating a mirage that prevents his foe from correctly perceiving his speed.​
  • Second Style: Oasis- Swings his katana 360 degrees, circular strikes spreading from the epicenter like ripples in a pond.​
  • Third Style: Desert Wrath- Tracing his blade around himself before breaking out into a spin, he whips up a brief sandstorm whose winds cut like a knife.​
  • Fourth Style: Quenchless Bloodthirst- A decisive, finishing move, usually executed under the cover of swirling sands or a mirage.​
  • Fifth Style: Dust in the Wind- Discerns the path his katana should follow from the smallest grains in the air.​
  • Sixth Style: Caution to the Wind- Drags his blade along the ground, then with one great slash sends a cloud of sand speeding toward his foe, concealing a bundle of strikes.​
Other: Always bring a scarf, or you'll get sand in your lungs! And that's not good if you're a Breath Style user!
Backstory: As a child he was a social outcast, seldom leaving the house and never playing with the other village kids. Sen was cool, distant, and impersonal. People wondered what was wrong with him, rumors swirling about like dust devils in the empty space between him and everyone else. Was he shy? Rude? Stupid? Unfeeling? Too good for anyone? In reality, Sen clung to his close family and instinctively distrusted others. At the age of 12, this attitude would be his undoing. A demon entered his house one night and slaughtered his mother, father, and younger sister with swords that shot from his mouth. But he'd killed with restraint, making them look like stabbing deaths and leaving a knife at the scene of the crime. The other villagers, crowding around the relatively unscathed house, were horrified at what they presumed Sen had done, and when he explained that a demon was responsible, they dismissed it as one of those "devil made me do it" excuses. That was when he realized that the villagers had never seen him as one of their own, that he wasn't the boy who cried wolf, but the wolf himself who lay in wait for the perfect chance to devour his prey. At 12, Sen was imprisoned for murdering his family and kept in solitary confinement, but his young age ultimately allowed him an early release. He swore he'd find the demon who framed him, avenge the deaths of his loved ones, and prove wrong the society that had condemned him. He'd keep two things on him at all times. On his neck, a scarf that his mother had sewn him for his twelfth birthday. On his mind, a valuable lesson that the demon had taught him—that what made his kind dangerous wasn't brute strength, sharp teeth, or enhanced regeneration, but clever deception.

Hardest part was coming up with the powers...​

Last edited:
You said that thrice, sounds like you really want it to be true. Has Akane set her eye on our Kazu? :\=|:

Well, in case he is (jk)... here ya go:

Name: Ren Kronos
Personality: He's blunt and prefers things done his way. His quickness to take charge comes from a strong sense of justice that lies beneath his hardened exterior. Ren's past experiences have taught him the importance of allies, so he makes more of an effort to socialize than he did as a child. His dry, understated sense of humor, which contrasts the alpha-male vibe, is probably a vestige of the person he was back then.
Appearance: Ren has icy-blue hair that gently brushes his eyebrows but almost completely covers his ears. While his stare is patently dead, it's unknown if anything's dead or alive under the brown scarf that always covers the lower half of face. That, complete with a black haori and the standard demon slayer uniform, gives him an assassin's appearance. Which isn't far from the truth. If you try to take his scarf, he'll rip your spine out through your mouth and throttle you to death.
Marking (Optional): Eight-pointed star... maybe it's under the scarf?
Bird: Cactus wren
Weapon: Katana
Blade Color: DESERT SAND
Special Ability (optional): N/A
Breath Style: Breath of Sand (derived from Breath of Wind)
Techniques:
  • First Style: Shreds of Reality- Heat waves dance off his blade, creating a mirage that prevents his foe from correctly perceiving his speed.​
  • Second Style: Oasis- Swings his katana 360 degrees, circular strikes spreading from the epicenter like ripples in a pond.​
  • Third Style: Desert Wrath- Whips up a brief sandstorm, its winds like cuts from his blade.​
  • Fourth Style: Quenchless Bloodthirst- A decisive, finishing move, usually executed under the cover of swirling sands or a mirage.​
  • Fifth Style: Dust in the Wind- Discerns the path his katana should follow from the smallest grains in the air.​
  • Sixth Style: Caution to the Wind- One great slash sends a cloud of sand speeding toward his foe, concealing a bundle of strikes.​
Other: Always bring a scarf, or you'll get sand in your lungs! And that's not good if you're a Breath Style user!
Backstory: As a child he was a social outcast, seldom leaving the house and never playing with the other village kids. Ren was cool, distant, and impersonal. People wondered what was wrong with him, rumors swirling about like dust devils in the empty space between him and everyone else. Was he shy? Rude? Stupid? Unfeeling? Too good for anyone? In reality, Ren clung to his close family and instinctively distrusted others. At the age of 12, this attitude would be his undoing. A demon entered his house one night and slaughtered his mother, father, and younger sister with swords that shot from his mouth. But he'd killed with restraint, making them look like stabbing deaths and leaving a knife at the scene of the crime. The other villagers, crowding around the relatively unscathed house, were horrified at what they presumed Ren had done, and when he explained that a demon was responsible, they dismissed it as one of those "devil made me do it" excuses. That was when he realized that the villagers had never seen him as one of their own, that he wasn't the boy who cried wolf, but the wolf himself who lay in wait for the perfect chance to devour his prey. At 12, Ren was imprisoned for murdering his family and kept in solitary confinement, but his young age ultimately allowed him an early release. He swore he'd find the demon who framed him, avenge the deaths of his loved ones, and prove wrong the society that had condemned him. He'd keep two things on him at all times. On his neck, a scarf that his mother had sewn him for his twelfth birthday. On his mind, a valuable lesson that the demon had taught him—that what made his kind dangerous wasn't brute strength, sharp teeth, or enhanced regeneration, but clever deception.

Hardest part was coming up with the powers...​
Accepted, but remember the breath styles don’t just grant powers like creating sand, they have to be based on something else. So you could have him slash the ground to kick up sand, but you couldn’t just create it. Once you fix that I’ll add him to the list!