• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Demon Slayer AU discussion

For the first enemy theme should it be royal or family

• Royal

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • Family

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think I might have Dolan write a letter to his family telling them how he's doing and what he's done so far. I can't really think of anything else to post for him since his team slayed the demon and are just waitin'...

So @Clite of Dragonbow , did @OmnipotentOnion confuse you with his latest post by implying that you should do recon and scan the building, which would require you to do additional worldbuilding? Or maybe he's delaying the plot ahead with snags like taking Phyra to the hospital? If either of these are the case and you don't want details to consume your post (though you have my permission to describe parts of the castle), feel free to timeskip them instead. Or straight up rebuff Miyaji "No, we're heading right in, no time to waste on recon and allow whatever suspicious stuff going on in there to continue" or as Kazu would say "Recon? That's too much work. Let's just go inside and be discreet about it" or maybe even "Take her to the hospital? Demon slayers don't retire that easily, they endure far worse. Why so soon? Are you in love with her or something?" or "Why, so you two can get it on in the hospital bed and leave me to storm the castle myself?"

Being discreet could mean finding a window or other inconspicuous means of entry, which achieves your goal and makes recon unnecessary.
"I really don't want to think that there are people in those bags, but the fact that they've masked themselves and are moving so discreetly has to suggest something ominous. Maybe we can tail them into the building to find out where they're going, but it'd also be better to do some recon for now, scan the building, and wait for Phyra to finish tending to her wound and give her signal so we can take her to a hospital. What do you think?"

Quick question... What's happening in the plot so far?

Is there any chance Dolan or Akane could get involved? They are both still at the brothel ,but theres nothing left at the brothel for them to do. Miyaji just abandoned them there... I don't know if they should have followed along or what?

Edit: Sorry I've been pestering you guys with my questions. I've had fun in this RP so I like to ask from time to time.

Last edited:
So @Clite of Dragonbow , did @OmnipotentOnion confuse you with his latest post by implying that you should do recon and scan the building, which would require you to do additional worldbuilding? Or maybe he's delaying the plot ahead with snags like taking Phyra to the hospital? If either of these are the case and you don't want details to consume your post (though you have my permission to describe parts of the castle), feel free to timeskip them instead. Or straight up rebuff Miyaji "No, we're heading right in, no time to waste on recon and allow whatever suspicious stuff going on in there to continue" or as Kazu would say "Recon? That's too much work. Let's just go inside and be discreet about it" or maybe even "Take her to the hospital? Demon slayers don't retire that easily, they endure far worse. Why so soon? Are you in love with her or something?" or "Why, so you two can get it on in the hospital bed and leave me to storm the castle myself?"

Being discreet could mean finding a window or other inconspicuous means of entry, which achieves your goal and makes recon unnecessary.
Oh sorry... Although it was a bit confusing, I got a serious idea block again.. Give me a while to decide what to do.
Hmm, Kazu might get pissed that he is going or doing something alone again >_<
But will do it anyway.

Quick question... What's happening in the plot so far?

Is there any chance Dolan or Akane could get involved? They are both still at the brothel ,but theres nothing left at the brothel for them to do. Miyaji just abandoned them there... I don't know if they should have followed along or what?

Edit: Sorry I've been pestering you guys with my questions. I've had fun in this RP so I like to ask from time to time.
I was planning for Dolan and Akane to be part of the Kessho Lake cleanup crew, so they could meet Kit and Sena. But that only happens after Kazu, Phyra, and now Miyaji's arc finishes. So I don't know, be like Jade and sit this one out I guess. I'll let you know if I come up with anything, I've been spending my time outside away from the computer and have been reluctant to do extra work on anything that takes me away from real life.

I was hoping to finish this RP by the end of August which is when college starts back up but I guess that's an unrealistic expectation with Clite's persistent idea blocks. I've been inspired to post after trying new and interesting things IRL, like after I went hiking with a friend, or went to a resort and had some good food. Now you're a man, so go to the beach or a strip club or something. And send me pics of you getting wasted.

Last edited:
Dolan and Akane are just chillin' in a brothel cause I forgot to write the term family house in my post... :(

Okay... Hopefully something fun will come out of the cleanup... It doesn't sound fun ,but its better than nothing. :?:up:

Okay... Hopefully something fun will come out of the cleanup... It doesn't sound fun ,but its better than nothing. :?:up:
No, cleanup crew isn’t fun at all. In fact, we can just assume Akane and Dolan were part of the cleanup crew to meet Kit and Sena without dedicating posts to it.

But you know what is fun? Writing Dolan and Akane’s journey across the country on their way to Kessho Lake (actually getting there is saved till the end, when Kazu and Phyra finish their arc.) Saito of the Suicide Squad is away in a town other than the one Shirade and Rin are in, running a souvenir shop. I actually had an interaction between him and the slayers in mind for a while now; they could briefly meet and “befriend” him, so there’s an element of surprise when they end up fighting him in Season 2. Another thing Dolan and Akane could do as they’re traveling the countryside is see a theater production in a shady part of town, where Shiragay is the lead role and things are going great on stage until he suddenly eats every man in attendance. The slayers try to get him but he blows them a big kiss and escapes. Of course I’d have to set all this in motion since it involves my characters. Did you hear that, @JadeStar ? You’ve been a good girl and sat on the bench while the rest of us worked to finish this RP, but if you wanted to RP some more, there are possibilities :p

Okay let’s set some ground rules @Clite of Dragonbow as to what this guy’s power is. He can create anything, raise a tower or tall slab out of nothing and you wouldn’t be able to just push it away because he can keep up the pressure and I guarantee that it’s stronger than you (and faster depending how he wants it to be). Your post is fine; I’m just telling you for future reference.

;_; it's like a dream come true. I'm up for anything :) I didn't know you guys were still planning stuff :(
Yeah so what you and @ThAtGuY101 could do is write a post that takes place at night of Akane and Dolan stopping by a town and seeing an antique shop. That may bring back some bad memories for Akane because her first mission involved walking into one of these shops and seeing the mutilated owner's bloody corpse all over the floor, right before they encountered Silence. Maybe she has some fears/lingering reservations she needs to get over and that's why she's drawn to the antique shop.

Because that's how you develop a character, you describe their thoughts and emotions. Saito will be in the shop, but you won't see his face as he'll be wearing a mask and traditional clothing (kimonos, antique wear, I'm not sure yet. Maybe I'll just stick with his signature secret-agent look.)

Sounds cool. Hisato has no clue who or what Silence is so in his mind he sees all these cute/and/or weird knickknacks and other old trinkets and collectibles ,and will reference his grandmother as someone who collects antiques. I'm debating whether or not Hisato will refer to his grandma as meemaw or mawmaw... What with him being a country boy and all.

Edit: Are they going to do this now or later?

Last edited:
Alright Mijjy and Kazoo, one of y’all should post soon
Sounds cool. Hisato has no clue who or what Silence is so in his mind he sees all these cute/and/or weird knickknacks and other old trinkets and collectibles ,and will reference his grandmother as someone who collects antiques. I'm debating whether or not Hisato will refer to his grandma as meemaw or mawmaw... What with him being a country boy and all.

Edit: Are they going to do this now or later?
Eh they can do it now if @JadeStar is available, however I would prefer that it happened when the chief fight really kicks off. I’ll give you a heads up at a good time.

JadeStar

Previously The Pikachan
I'll be honest I haven't read the RP in months because I didn't get notifications and I honestly thought it was over :( Do I need to read all the posts so far?

I'll be honest I haven't read the RP in months because I didn't get notifications and I honestly thought it was over :( Do I need to read all the posts so far?
I'd be extreeeeemely reluctant to do so if it weren't for the fact that I already read them. You guys make some super long posts... So reading an entire page worth feels like reading a quarter of a book.

Do whatever you want Jade! No pressure.

@Clite of Dragonbow Here's what I'm gonna do, since hanging Kazu by both arms gives him little to do and you wouldn't want him to go out like that. I'm editing my post to make it so that the chief only stopped the arm that held his sword, so now he's essentially strapped to an ornate steel pole and has one working arm to fight off his three demons. The pole will deteriorate with time enough so that he can break free, so make the fight worthwhile until then and finish it off afterwards.

@OmnipotentOnion @Clite of Dragonbow Yeah, so I give you permission to auto each of your three demons and write the entire fight from start to finish, as long as you make it interesting and don't kill them off too easily. They're about the level of strength of the lesser demons who appeared in Kyogai's house in the anime, so you can defeat them after a bit of a scrap. Note that the chief will be intervening subtly with poles, bars, other parts that shoot out of the ground before the slayers can cut the demons' heads off, so I give you permission to auto sneaky interferences from the chief. He'll stop doing that once the fight has gone on long enough and the demons genuinely seem unable to outsmart/overpower them.

So what I need from the two of you are decently long posts that do these fights justice; writing it out, blow by blow, stopping just before each hit can connect, isn't that interesting and doesn't make for good replies.

Once that's done and you're left with the chief, you two can either face him yourselves, or I was considering having Tora make an appearance as she's on her way to Kessho Lake (probably not, as @OmnipotentOnion said that weeks passed since Miyaji was in Korudo so she'd be there by now).

@Clite of Dragonbow How was Kazu able to cut off the demons’ heads if his sword arm was restrained (not by chains, but by random steel formations)? Did he transfer it to his other hand? These details were unclear so I’m just making sure. Also, I didn’t know he had a second sword.

@JadeStar @ThAtGuY101 When @OmnipotentOnion writes his post, you can start things off at the antique shop.

Last edited:
@Clite of Dragonbow How was Kazu able to cut off the demons’ heads if his sword arm was restrained (not by chains, but by random steel formations)? Did he transfer it to his other hand? These details were unclear so I’m just making sure. Also, I didn’t know he had a second sword.

@JadeStar @ThAtGuY101 When @OmnipotentOnion writes his post, you can start things off at the antique shop.

Sorry, yea at the end he transfered swords between his hands, but at the beginning he used his second one. It was stated few times in the rp that he has more than one sword.

Ooh, I like this post @OmnipotentOnion . You gave them names, dialogue, and personalities, way to character-build.

Fights are better if they're a few posts with a lot happening rather than many posts with little happening. I hope we can repeat the experience with the chief fight... I'll actually be RPing him, but writing things blow by blow would be tedious. So we'd instead have to thoroughly plan/discuss the battle here in advance. I could tell you all my ideas for his techniques, you could detail the moves you want to make and anything else you'd like to see happen in the fight, so we could choreograph it together and keep it interesting.

So when do I post :D? Sorry I still haven't caught up with the RP :(
You can post right now. Onion will get the second half of his post up whenever, you don’t need to wait for him.
Yeah so what you and @ThAtGuY101 could do is write a post that takes place at night of Akane and Dolan stopping by a town and seeing an antique shop. That may bring back some bad memories for Akane because her first mission involved walking into one of these shops and seeing the mutilated owner's bloody corpse all over the floor, right before they encountered Silence. Maybe she has some fears/lingering reservations she needs to get over and that's why she's drawn to the antique shop.

Because that's how you develop a character, you describe their thoughts and emotions. Saito will be in the shop, but you won't see his face as he'll be wearing a mask and traditional clothing (kimonos, antique wear, I'm not sure yet. Maybe I'll just stick with his signature secret-agent look.)
You won’t be in Korudo anymore. This post will happen in a different town and assumes a timeskip.

@JadeStar Yes. Unless you want her to walk into an antique shop for any other reason, like buying Dolan a gift like she did for Kazu (although Kazu returned it so she still has that one).

Her purpose being there is up to you, as long as she’s there. She’s your character so whatever you think is best for her. :)

@JadeStar Good post. Another thing that happened in the antique shop where you fought Silence was that she and Kazu saw the mangled, bloodied body of the storeowner on the floor. That's a memory that could have stuck. Anyway @ThAtGuY101 , the ones who can respond now are you and the onion.

The answer to Akane's question is that they're on their way to Kessho Lake as part of a cleanup operation, however Dolan wants to phrase that. Don't worry about meeting Tora along the way, the rest of the crew will just rendezvous at the destination.