• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Demon Slayer AU discussion

For the first enemy theme should it be royal or family

• Royal

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • Family

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
@ThAtGuY101 I notice you italicize your characters’ speech in addition to putting it in quotes. That’s cool and all but the formatting kind of confuses me as to whether it’s being said out loud or it’s something he’s thinking (italics is a thing nearly everyone here does to denote thoughts). I know when your character is talking just from the quotes, so the additional italics is kind of redundant. Can I ask you to just stick with quotes, for readability purposes, or is that too much?

@Mango137 Lol. I envisioned the haunted house as a stand-alone idea. A mix with the second could be... a fair with a haunted house attraction? So there are multiple demons lurking about, one in the haunted house, which will be its own arc, and more lurking about in various spots of the fair itself? It’s plausible. I really want to emphasize the haunted house being a self-contained adventure though, hope we can write it that way.

Should we actually mix it (I could see it going either way), we’ll be spending multiple arcs at the fair weeding out all the demons. Fighting the Branches will each be more long-term, slowly developed arcs, and the Mystery Eater will be an extremely long-term arc.

Last edited:
Um... how about just quotes? If not, bold for speaking and italics for thoughts is better.

I once RPed with a guy who made all his quotes in green, but the staff got him for that (he’s still alive and a good friend of mine here, don’t worry.)

Last edited:
Hey everyone guess what? It’s National Callout Day! :D
There was no word from his peregrine falcon, and it seemed that the other Slayers' birds had been quiet as well.
Lol jk, not really a callout, I’m just wondering if there’s something I missed and everyone's birds were still with them (Kit and Phyra). Sena’s cactus wren kinda just gave her the mission and flew off, as birds normally do in the anime (I’ve only watched up to the Swamp Demon so maybe there are times when they stick around too, why though I wouldn’t know.)

Meant to ask this in my last post. I’d read over the RP but I’m hella hungry @.@

Guess I can't avoid 1000 posts forever...
Morphed Demon
Name: Ren Arasaka
Personality: friendly, talkative, overconfident, unapologetic, respectful, and stoic.
Appearance: platinum blonde hair mostly combed back(shoulder length) with his bangs hanging messily above his eye brows, orange cat-like eyes, slightly tan skin 5'10 ft, 175 pounds, slightly muscular, scar on the right side of his jawline.
Blood Demon Art: blood of harrowing - the user can create a mist of blood that causes intense physical pain to those who come in contact as well as mental pain if they breath it in. If the victim suffers enough mental stress they can hallucinate.
Techniques: immense speed, reflexes, strength, and regeneration.
Other: - since he is a morphed demon lacking a blade there is no blade color to put in all caps...
- Ren doesn't need to eat humans as sleep would suffice.
- he is a very skilled tai chi practitioner
Backstory:
Ren Arasaka lived in a small fishing village. He always heard stories about demons but that was just it. They were stories to scare children so they wouldn't get lost or run into strangers. That's what Ren believed until one night he realized he left his locket his father gave him by the docks. Ren knew he would be angry so he left that night to get it. After he retrieved his locket he was attacked. As he was attacked a demon slayer killed the demon but was too late for Ren. He was so scared by the fighting he ran to an abandoned building and hid on the second floor. After the demon slayer tracked him down he held his sword at him and as he did he dropped his locket revealing a picture of him and his family. Luckily for Ren the man had felt sorry for him and talked with him for a while. The two became friends and the next day Ren left a note to his family along with a wooden carving of a wolf he loved and always carried. After that day Ren lived in the woods where the demon slayer would occasionally visit him.
So it seems Ren has been in this situation before... :p

A demon slayer trying to kill him and then becoming his friend. Sena isn't very original. But that means Ren has past experience and knows how to handle himself ;)
@Clite of Dragonbow Shiragay was originally gonna be Pearlan's 4th Noble. We've got Ben the old fat guy, Wraith the drug addict, "I'm-not-telling-you-his-name-yet" the "I'm-not-telling-you-what-character-trope," and a gay stereotype. But then I thought that would be a waste as I don't see Shirade and Pearlan's crew interacting... So I was thinking it would be an awesome plot twist if Shiragay works for Iraesu instead, Shirade's sworn nemesis, and the brothers find themselves on opposite sides (then you'll have my help in developing the objectives of Iraesu + his subordinates as the Prince currently isn't doing anything. Not that he has to be though. It's too early for that.)

Of course we could just stick with Shiragay being a standalone villain. Dunno. I'll have to see how the RP plays out.

Last edited:
Guess I can't avoid 1000 posts forever...

the one thousandth post is sneaking up on you @E.K.A.N.S.... like an ekans sneaking up on a rattata...
emergency08.jpg

So it seems Ren has been in this situation before... :p

It's so nice of you to quote his character bio! because I completely forgotten him actually being confronted by a demon slayer and becoming friends with him... I like to think the demon slayer told him of the cave he can hide in...

he probably still has his locket...

"I'm-not-telling-you-his-name-yet" the "I'm-not-telling-you-what-character-trope,"

let me guess... his name is dave... and his trope is he's a completely average guy with no reasons for wanting to kill ,but because he can...
"I don't really want to kill you ,but i'm going to do it anyways because I can... yep..." - Dave

"The taste of human flesh has never tasted better than it does over a propane grill slow roasting fire" - Dave

@Clite of Dragonbow Shiragay was originally gonna be Pearlan's 4th Noble. We've got Ben the old fat guy, Wraith the drug addict, "I'm-not-telling-you-his-name-yet" the "I'm-not-telling-you-what-character-trope," and a gay stereotype. But then I thought that would be a waste as I don't see Shirade and Pearlan's crew interacting... So I was thinking it would be an awesome plot twist if Shiragay works for Iraesu instead, Shirade's sworn nemesis, and the brothers find themselves on opposite sides (then you'll have my help in developing the objectives of Iraesu + his subordinates as the Prince currently isn't doing anything. Not that he has to be though. It's too early for that.)

Of course we could just stick with Shiragay being a standalone villain. Dunno. I'll have to see how the RP plays out.

Maybe let's see how Shiragay's fate will be lead in Rp.. (But I like those ideas.. If my opinion matters)

It's so nice of you to quote his character bio! because I completely forgotten him actually being confronted by a demon slayer and becoming friends with him... I like to think the demon slayer told him of the cave he can hide in...

he probably still has his locket...
ThatGuy: *Forgets own character*

Me: *Quotes bio*

ThatGuy:
784025_upload_2020-1-6_11-7-39.jpeg

Ren obviously isn't the strongest Demon ,but he's far from weak... he's been in a cave for a very very long time with literally nothing to do, but train. You would think he'd have a pretty strong demon art by now...
I know.

She was basing her conclusion off the fact that he hadn't eaten many humans.
Arashi was unexplored territory.
Don't take that the wrong way.
She listened to Kazu, trying her best to stay focused. Her mind kept drifting back to the idea of sleeping, but she would tell herself to pay attention. Then she felt something fresh on the side of her mouth, did she drool?
Drooling as she's looking at Kazu? Oh my :blush:
Refusing to wear the cat costume
Pearlan: Put on this cat costume.

Arashi: No.

Pearlan:
gay.jpg

Last edited:
Crap I hit 1000 posts...

Yeah, so it's gonna be a 1-on-1 between me and @ThAtGuY101 for a while. Everyone else please hold, lol.

I'm thinking of timeskipping Shirade vs. Saito with the latter winning because it isn't that important, Shirade's gonna get in anyway and that's where we're looking to continue from. So this scrap is just filler and there's no need to waste words on it (unless you want to) @.@ Shira will be on the ground with some bruises on his pretty face probably, Saito will be standing over him with some scratches but his shades will be intact because he doesn't take them off during the test (the applicants are welcome to use Demon Arts but he doesn't use his or they'll turn to stone.)

Sena is my favorite character to RP and I just don't enjoy playing Saito as much. Holding off on Pearlan too, since there's no rush on those posts and they're long and exhausting. I was a bit slighted that Arashi didn't put on the cat costume, but in Pearlan's next plan which will involve him opening his mouth I NEED him to participate... actually I'll message you about it sometime @OmnipotentOnion

Will post bios for common demons soon.​

Last edited:
Sure thing, come at Saito first though.

I actually don't mind RPing it out... It's true that we could skip it but I mostly said that so I don't stress myself out having to post for Saito when I have like 5 other characters to answer for :?

Character bio, incoming.

Name: Kenshiro Wanabe
Personality: A cocky, free-spirited adolescent who thinks he's tough and runs the streets, Kenshiro keeps up an intimidating front. He's played the part for so long, however, and grown accustomed to an authoritative position among rejects that it's become a part of him. Occasionally he's a foul-mouthed, power-tripping brat whose speech is loaded with slang.
Appearance: He has sharply angled, bovine horns that stick from the sides of his head but disappear behind a teal hooded sweatshirt. His choice of clothing is odd for the time and country in which he lives, but that's not unexpected from a rebellious street punk. Ken's messy hair is a soft, light brown like a normal boy's, though his ripped black jeans and beaten-up sneakers give him a harder look. His hands are almost always in his pockets.
Blood Demon Art: Clapback
Techniques:
  • Knockout Clap: If an enemy's head gets wedged between one of his powerful claps, the jolt that's sent through his or her body is enough to make that person crumple to the ground, foaming at the mouth and losing consciousness.
  • Silencing Clap: All he needs to do is clap his hands, generating a shockwave that freezes any person or object he deems harmful in the vicinity.
  • Delayed Clap: The sound of his colliding hands quickly fizzles out, as if bottled up and denied the chance to ring. But after a certain number of seconds, it's released in an eardrum-popping burst of noise and suddenly strikes the foe where he or she is standing.
  • Staccato Clap: Claps in rapid succession, producing rushes of cutting air that weathers opponents.
  • Prism Clap: Claps vertically, horizontally, or diagonally, the spot between his hands representing his target's location and their angle determining how the attacks hone in.
  • Reverse Clap: Instead of smacking together and releasing air, his fingers spread around an empty pocket of air and produce a ball of energy. He can launch it at enemies, and when it pops upon contact, they're hit with the unfettered force of compressed gas.
Other: Did I make him too strong for a common thug? Who cares. Lots of demon characters are likely gonna make up random techniques mid-fight to make themselves look stronger, I've just chosen to write them out in advance so no bs in the future. Kenshiro is good practice for Branch Leader Mori, who has an active forcefield of gravity up and doesn't need a Silencing Clap to sink projectiles.
Backstory: He was a neglected rich kid whose parents were too busy to spend time with him, so he started hanging around the streets and found a home there, playing a hardened character to escape his pampered reality. Walking dark alleys is dangerous, however. One night he was beaten, robbed, and thrown in a dumpster, waking up a demon with a bruised ego. Since then he's gathered juvenile runaways and even grown thugs into a street gang that terrorizes the bustling city where he operates. Kenshiro consumes those they assault or members who are no longer useful to him. Everyone assumes that the crime is a human problem and don't suspect that there's a demon pulling the strings, until one day a group of slayers is sent to investigate.

So the way I imagine this playing out is a good number of us—or maybe even all of us, since this seems like a large-scale mission, but I have a feeling you'd rather have our characters individually get to know each other first—get sent to a major city (Tokyo? Kyoto? Yokohama?) to potentially weed out a demon, if there is one. To preserve the individuality aspect you're going for, we can get our new groups now and split up into different districts across the city since it's so huge. There's really only one demon at the center of it all that we aren't yet sure exists, so our characters will mostly be fighting human enemies, getting tips from strangers, storming gang hideouts, taking down bosses, and doing standard crimefighting. There are so many directions we could go with this, like let's say the city dwellers have gotten sick of the demon slayers coming in from the outside, carrying out nonstop raids, spilling the streets with blood, and disrupting their neighborhood. So everyone turns on us and we can't find a place to stay, so we'll have to wander the alleys at night, where we can be further attacked. Eventually we'll follow the trail and weed Kenshiro out, then take him and his human posse out. I think this is a great character development arc because our slayers will have to learn to harm evil humans too...

What have I done? I was supposed to make a common demon but it ended up being this. Anyway, there ARE plenty of common enemies in this, they're just human. Maybe we can throw some lesser demons in there. By the way, this is different from the Mystery Eater and his crime syndicate; Kenshiro is a more straightforward villain, so he's the type of guy to send people to kill you. Eater is more secretive; if one of his operations is exposed, they're on their own. He's not going to send goons from other branches and reveal their existence. Amputate one part of the body to save the whole, as they say. What I might have him do is send unaffiliated assassins or hired help to kill our slayers in the night.

And here's another idea I have, maybe to add to the World's Fair or a standalone arc. Thought of this after I had Sena misinterpret Ren as an animal-taming demon. There's a circus where the lions and bears are actually demons and every now and then an animal goes rogue, devouring all the guests. The turned beasts are all extensions of the ringmaster's body, so anything they eat goes to his belly. To avoid the authorities the circus pretends that it was an unexpected incident and makes it look like they put the animal down, only to reappear later having rebranded themselves (or not, they can keep the same name because information and exposé pieces didn't travel as fast back then).

I'll make some more bios later, maybe, or @Hecotoro can assist with that. As I was writing this I wanted Kenshiro to be a small timer and have a tiny gang but I went off the rails a bit XD

Last edited:
@ThAtGuY101 @Clite of Dragonbow Let me know if either of my interactions with your demons seems auto-y. I obtained Clite's permission to do the timeskip a few posts ago, so I did that but I didn't go into detail about how Shirade looked after the fight because that would be controlling. ThatGuy's last RP post also gave me permission to skip into town so I moved things along but if I went too far I'll happily edit it down.

I'm up for it, let me know what type of demon/human you looking for and I'll make some.
More of a One Piece guy, I'm guessing? XD

Will do. ^^

Auto-y is fine by me... I can fill the blanks...

I thought it was weird that I never gave Ren an outfit so I edited one in...
Morphed Demon
Name: Ren Arasaka
Personality: friendly, talkative, overconfident, unapologetic, respectful, and stoic.
Appearance: platinum blonde hair mostly combed back(shoulder length) with his bangs hanging messily above his eye brows, orange cat-like eyes, slightly tan skin 5'10 ft, 175 pounds, slightly muscular, scar on the right side of his jawline.
Outfit: Ren wears a dark green tunic, loose grey pants underneath, a red overcoat with various colores patches(several small yellow, orange, red patches ,and one large purple patch over his right shoulder) ,and dark brown leather boots with buckle straps.
Blood Demon Art: blood of harrowing - the user can create a mist of blood that causes intense physical pain to those who come in contact as well as mental pain if they breath it in. If the victim suffers enough mental stress they can hallucinate.
Techniques: immense speed, reflexes, strength, and regeneration.
Other: - since he is a morphed demon lacking a blade there is no blade color to put in all caps...
- Ren doesn't need to eat humans as sleep would suffice.
- he is a very skilled tai chi practitioner
Backstory: Ren Arasaka lived in a small fishing village. He always heard stories about demons but that was just it. They were stories to scare children so they wouldn't get lost or run into strangers. That's what Ren believed until one night he realized he left his locket his father gave him by the docks. Ren knew he would be angry so he left that night to get it. After he retrieved his locket he was attacked. As he was attacked a demon slayer killed the demon but was too late for Ren. He was so scared by the fighting he ran to an abandoned building and hid on the second floor. After the demon slayer tracked him down he held his sword at him and as he did he dropped his locket revealing a picture of him and his family. Luckily for Ren the man had felt sorry for him and talked with him for a while. The two became friends and the next day Ren left a note to his family along with a wooden carving of a wolf he loved and always carried. After that day Ren lived in the woods where the demon slayer would occasionally visit him.

Last edited:
Outfit: Ren wears a dark green tunic, loose grey pants underneath, a red overcoat with various colores patches(several small yellow, orange, red patches ,and one large purple patch over his right shoulder) ,and dark brown leather boots with buckle straps.
Really? I thought he was a loincloth-wearing cave dweller :p
"It's alright... The people here aren't too nosey... The nuns talk a lot... everybodies happy and mind their own business... maybe they aren't that bad"
"Does a town like this even know of your kind? In places that don't get a lot of demons, they roam the streets unrecognized and no one realizes what they are until I tell them. It's the religious communities where people notice them right away, since the clergy is always stoking fears."
This is a really small detail, super unimportant, but I'm only saying it for clarification purposes. When I read your post I got the idea that Ren thought Sena was calling the fishing village a religious community. She wasn't and it isn't, which explains why no one freaks out at the sight of Ren. But religious towns like the one Pearlan's currently at instantly recognized a demon when he appeared in the streets.

If there was any confusion, I can understand where it came from. Before I edited my post I'd written "They're religious communities..." instead of "It's the religious communities...", and you might've thought "They're" was referring to "places that don't get a lot of demons" (fishing village) in the previous sentence. But they're two different things, only reason I said "They're" instead of "it's the" at first was cause "religious communities" is a plural noun and I was trying to be grammatically correct...

Looked it up and actually, you can use "It is" or "It was" with a plural noun. They're called dummy subjects :p

So "It was the trees that were burning" does not need to be "They were the trees that were burning," however wrong it sounded to me.​

Really? I thought he was a loincloth-wearing cave dweller :p
As good as Ren would look in a loincloth with all those muscles showing... wait... where am I going with this? Bedides... if Ren did wear a loincloth it would either be around his neck like a necklace or around his head like a headband.
"Sometimes you just gotta show the goods..."
- Ren​

I got the idea that Ren thought Sena was calling the fishing village a religious community.
Funny enough I knew it was a fishing village, but I assumed you meant nuns as if there were a church there. Would make sense fisherman wanting to have a church seeing how some fishermen end up lost at sea and all...

While I'm posting this I want to clarify 3 questions before I post...

1. Does alcohol effect demons?

2. Is that second glass for Ren or is Sena just a little extra thirsty?

3. Can demons see their reflection in mirrors? They aren't technically vampires ,but I figured I'd ask anyways.

Funny enough I knew it was a fishing village, but I assumed you meant nuns as if there were a church there. Would make sense fisherman wanting to have a church seeing how some fishermen end up lost at sea and all...

While I'm posting this I want to clarify 3 questions before I post...

1. Does alcohol effect demons?

2. Is that second glass for Ren or is Sena just a little extra thirsty?

3. Can demons see their reflection in mirrors? They aren't technically vampires ,but I figured I'd ask anyways.
Nah, no church there. Or not that Sena had seen.

1. Sure, why not. I’ve mentioned Pearlan behind drunk and high, it just won’t affect them in the long-run since their bodies are immortal.

2. Maybe if @kyuukestu had gone the thirsty blade route, but it’s for Ren.

3. Yeah. They aren’t vampires.

Also I just noticed in Ren’s backstory that he grew up in a fishing village! This is also a fishing village! Same one? Is it just a coincidence that we fought Vero in a port town and Sena went into the mountains and found Ren’s cave there? And then, he’s previously befriended a demon slayer, so that’s coincidence #2.

Also I just noticed in Ren’s backstory that he grew up in a fishing village!
I assumed you did that on purpose. I want to go ahead ,and say yes they are the same fishing village. It would make sense since Ren is confused when he sees the town again after so much time spent being a demon.

I like to think Sena is Ren's second demon slayer friend because she didn't meet him until after he was already spent a long time in his "new home"...

Also you don't mind if a couple patrons(probably like two or three of the wealthier patrons) start paying for rounds do you? If I do it's quite likely everyone's going home plastered. even the workers.

Or don’t, because an appearance by the Mystery Eater is what I’m setting up and that would complicate things. Sena will head to the bathroom or something when that happens, or if you insist on having Kit show up then maybe she’ll think he’s starting something and offer to take it outside. Then Mystery Eater will be there to recruit Ren.

I’m usually reticent about what I’m planning in the RP so as not to ruin the surprise but when you said this you left me no choice. That’s why I said it was gonna be a 1-on-1 between me and ThatGuy earlier, it’s not because the plot wasn’t relevant to you guys or that I didn’t want anyone else’s characters interfering, it’s because I needed them not to. You’re free to try the “let’s take it outside” option though now that I think about it.

Maybe make him jealous that she’s with another guy. That’s why you brought it up, isn’t it? He can also pull her outside and act like he wants to tell her something in private when he’s really just acting on his emotions ;)

Or is it too soon for that?

Last edited:
Sure but don’t do that in your next post, we’re not leaving yet and I’m setting something up.

I may need to edit my post... I didn't see this...

Maybe make him jealous

If your referring to Ren it seems somewhat unlikely he would get jealous. Heck Ren might just assume he's her lover ,and wanted some "privacy"...I think Ren would be more concerned with the fact that another demon slayer is aware of his presence .

Then Mystery Eater will be there to recruit Ren.

Wait... Hows the Mystery Eater going to approach Ren? There is atleast 1 demon slayer not far from Ren's location. If Kit comes then there are two...

@Mango137 if Kit does come to the bar he won't go psycho and attempt to slay Ren? It could be funny...
FeminineNaturalArgentinehornedfrog-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:
If your referring to Ren it seems somewhat unlikely he would get jealous. Heck Ren might just assume he's her lover ,and wanted some "privacy"...I think Ren would be more concerned with the fact that another demon slayer is aware of his presence .
No, Kit’s the one getting jealous.
Wait... Hows the Mystery Eater going to approach Ren? There is atleast 1 demon slayer not far from Ren's location. If Kit comes then there are two...
He was already sitting quietly at the bar wearing his mask, but Ren only notices him once Sena and Kit leave and he speaks up. So Mystery Eater doesn’t have to go through the demon slayers to get to Ren cause he’s there to begin with.

But since you threw a drunken party in your last post, that’ll be when everyone passes out and it dies down.
@Mango137 if Kit does come to the bar he won't go psycho and attempt to slay Ren? It could be funny...
FeminineNaturalArgentinehornedfrog-size_restricted.gif
Here’s what I had told Mango privately, sharing it here with his permission:
You know Kit showing up at the bar may just work. I’ve had the recruitment idea cooking in my head for such a long time now that I hadn’t considered it any other way, but you bringing it up in the discussion got me thinking.

I still need you to keep the planned Mystery Eater appearance in mind though so I absolutely needed to tell you that.
I just thought of something even better. Kit enters the bar and sees that Ren’s a demon, draws his blade and tries to kill him, that’s when Sena shoves him outside before he can cause a scene. That’s a perfect reason for them to step out while Mystery Eater does his thing
@ThAtGuY101 Your doubts had been predicted, and now they’ve been put to rest. ;)

That's fine, I can wait. Might wanna see what my char can get plotwise.

Name: Yoshi, "The Ace Demon" or "The Gambler Demon"
Personality: Yoshi comes off with a carefree personality and laid back persona, rarely showing signs of formality unless speaking to the Queen demon. He has the mind of an expert gambler, always confident in taking chances and takes great pleasure in lying, stealing and cheating to turn the 'game' in his favor. He has his own code when it comes to killing innocent people; always letting his lucky coin decide if they should live or die. As much as he adores his gambling, he is aware that there are some bets he shouldn't take and knows when to acknowledge a stronger friend or foe. When it comes to fights, he mainly bases them all on luck with good side of being playful, believing all battles are won via luck and nothing more.
Appearance: Yoshi stands at 5'11" with snow White skin and a somewhat fit physique, appearing somewhere around his mid (likely early) twenties. His hair is jet Black and long enough to reach down to the level of his chin with a bang right between his eyes, the latter having Orange pupils and royal Purple sclera, always wearing a smug grin on his face. His attire isn't like that of japanese culture, consisting of a White shirt under a closed dark Purple suit jacket, Purple smart pants and Black oxfords, his white undershirt is hidden by a bright Red scarf tucked into his jacket and wears a White fedora with a Purple band across it. He carries a wooden cane with him.
Yoshi can summon playing cards which he tends to use for long range by throwing them like shurikens with adept accuracy. The cards themselves derive of two properties; The black cards (Clovers and Clubs) are simply used the same way as razor sharp projectiles while the red cards (Diamonds and Hearts) can have explosive properties. Even without touching them, Yoshi can still freely manipulate his cards to make them hone in on his target slightly easier, but throwing them makes them go even faster. He has special moves that he's named after certain card hands.
  • Royal Flush: Yoshi summons multiple sets of the appropriate Royal Flush hand (Namely Hearts and Diamonds) and makes them orbit around his target before putting his hands together to make the cards close in on the person, if the crushing doesn't kill them, the explosion likely would.
  • Straight Flush: Yoshi summons multiple sets of the appropriate Straight Flush hand (Namely Clubs and Clovers) to surround himself before forcing them to fly at multiple individuals in a large barrage of small razor blades.
Techniques: He had plenty of skills in hand to hand combat as well as using his cane for combat. He's very perceptive, able to spot small details from a simple glimpse.
Other: The cane and hat belonged to his father, although he doesn't have any memorey of this, he still cherishes them and lashes out at anyone who removes one or the other from him until he gets them back. He has a reputation for killing people and leaving a calling card on their corpses; an Ace card directly on their chest.
Yoshi was born with a single father due to his mother dying after giving birth to him, he didn't have the easiest childhood thanks to how poor his family was. His father had a horrible gambling addiction and always bet what little money he had in the hopes to earn more. Despite how little the two saw eye to eye, Yoshi and his father did mutually care for one another; his father even sharing what little food he had and taught him everything he knew about gambling. One day, his father came home with a lot of money and desperately told Yoshi to run away with him. The two spent seven years until he learned the truth: His father got all his money through a huge loan and was running away from loan sharks, his luck ran out when his father was murdered by the loan sharks and he was forced to hide, believing himself to have been shunned by Lady Luck herself.
This changed when he encountered the Queen who offered him the chance to take his revenge... under the condition that he served her will, with nothing left to lose, Yoshi took that chance as well as her offer, stripping his humanity and transforming him into a Duke demon at the cost of being denied the sunlight's warm embrace. Yoshi first went after the loan sharks who killed his father, then brutally devoured the man who sent them. Since then, Yoshi fully pledged himself to the queen and became a notoriously unpredictable demon who several people have seen... but few have mentioned.

Well, this took me a while to make, I do hope he's acceptable.

Last edited:
That's fine, I can wait. Might wanna see what my char can get plotwise.

Name: Yoshi, "The Ace Demon" or "The Gambler Demon"
Personality: Yoshi comes off with a carefree personality and laid back persona, rarely showing signs of formality unless speaking to the Queen demon. He has the mind of an expert gambler, always confident in taking chances and takes great pleasure in lying, stealing and cheating to turn the 'game' in his favor. He has his own code when it comes to killing innocent people; always letting his lucky coin decide if they should live or die. As much as he adores his gambling, he is aware that there are some bets he shouldn't take and knows when to acknowledge a stronger friend or foe. When it comes to fights, he mainly bases them all on luck with good side of being playful, believing all battles are one via luck and nothing more.
Appearance: Yoshi stands at 5'11" with snow White skin and a somewhat fit physique, appearing somewhere around his mid (likely early) twenties. His hair is jet Black and long enough to reach down to the level of his chin with a bang right between his eyes, the latter having Orange pupils and royal Purple sclera, always wearing a smug grin on his face. His attire isn't like that of japanese culture, consisting of a White shirt under a closed dark Purple suit jacket, Purple smart pants and Black oxfords, his white undershirt is hidden by a bright Red scarf tucked into his jacket and wears a White fedora with a Purple band across it. He carries a wooden cane with him.
Yoshi can summon playing cards which he tends to use for long range by throwing them like shurikens with adept accuracy. The cards themselves derive of two properties; The black cards (Clovers and Clubs) are simply used the same way as razor sharp projectiles while the red cards (Diamonds and Hearts) can have explosive properties. Even without touching them, Yoshi can still freely manipulate his cards to make them hone in on his target slightly easier, but throwing them makes them go even faster. He has special moves that he's named after certain card hands.
  • Royal Flush: Yoshi summons multiple sets of the appropriate Royal Flush hand (Namely Hearts and Diamonds) and makes them orbit around his target before putting his hands together to make the cards close in on the person, if the crushing doesn't kill them, the explosion likely would.
  • Straight Flush: Yoshi summons multiple sets of the appropriate Straight Flush hand (Namely Clubs and Clovers) to surround himself before forcing them to fly at multiple individuals in a large barrage of small razor blades.
Techniques: He had plenty of skills in hand to hand combat as well as using his cane for combat. He's very perceptive, able to spot small details from a simple glimpse.
Other: The cane and hat belonged to his father, although he doesn't have any memorey of this, he still cherishes them and lashes out at anyone who removes one or the other from him until he gets them back. He has a reputation for killing people and leaving a calling card on their corpses; an Ace card directly on their chest.
Yoshi was born with a single father due to his mother dying after giving birth to him, he didn't have the easiest childhood thanks to how poor his family was. His father had a horrible gambling addiction and always bet what little money he had in the hopes to earn more. Despite how little the two saw eye to eye, Yoshi and his father did mutually care for one another; his father even sharing what little food he had and taught him everything he knew about gambling. One day, his father came home with a lot of money and desperately told Yoshi to run away with him. The two spent seven years until he learned the truth: His father got all his money through a huge loan and was running away from loan sharks, his luck ran out when his father was murdered by the loan sharks and he was forced to hide, believing himself to have been shunned by Lady Luck herself.
This changed when he encountered the Queen who offered him the chance to take his revenge... under the condition that he served her will, with nothing left to lose, Yoshi took that chance as well as her offer, stripping his humanity and transforming him into a Duke demon at the cost of being denied the sunlight's warm embrace. Yoshi first went after the loan sharks who killed his father, then brutally devoured the man who sent them. Since then, Yoshi fully pledged himself to the queen and became a notoriously unpredictable demon who several people have seen... but few have mentioned.

Well, this took me a while to make, I do hope he's acceptable.
Looks good! Accepted

Hey guys, do you like blood sausage? No, not that kind. I meant the Blood Demon sausage fest that is now the royals.

Jk, jk :p

Mango did say he was swamped but I'll only speak for myself when I say I'm currently on standby. I could get a post up but I'm highly busy, on Charms and outside of it (writing a Mega Evolution application that's the size of a fanfic. Halfway through, but I'll be super quiet over here until it's done completely).
@Red Gallade 'sup. Great to have you.

Last edited:

So I got the fanfic done and it took everything out of me, but it also made writing this post really easy because I'd just gone through hell. @OmnipotentOnion No need to respond to it yet as it's one of two parts. I don't think I'll be PMing you about it after all as we can just assume Arashi is involved like always, but I will for a future post.
Were the patrons so drunk that they picked on anyone who met their eyes
This is also how people behave in Pokémon. Maybe everyone's just drunk. There goes your childhood.​
How are you, people?
Dunno if this is against the rules since it's not talking about the RP, or maybe it counts as bumping the thread (I said I'd be back lol). But I'm okay...

Last edited:
I'm doing pretty good today...

Dunno if this is against the rules since it's not talking about the RP, or maybe it counts as bumping the thread (I said I'd be back lol). But I'm okay...

Personally I like to think If you type something useful that involves the RP a little side conversation can be overlooked...

speaking about the RP...

I haven't the foggiest clue where Dolan is headed... He left the cave ,and headed... in a direction... somewhere... that way!... I have no idea where he is supposed to go...