• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Demon Slayer AU discussion

For the first enemy theme should it be royal or family

• Royal

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • Family

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Double posting, even when it's allowed, stings me.
Kazu eventually wake up and saw that Akane wasn't around. He got up and read the message "Ehh...I didn't even manage to say bye to her..." he saw that it is still dark outside "Or maybe I can?" he said to himself, stood up and took his swords. He left the shop after that. He headed to the inn, but he noticed that her room is dark already.. She may be sleeping.
784025_upload_2020-1-6_11-7-39.jpeg

Is this going where I think it's going? Kazu's always sleeping, he took a nap earlier that day XD

@Hecotoro You can respond for Vero right before she disappears if ya want. I agree with @ThAtGuY101 that seeing demons' memories at the end humanizes them.

And question for everyone who hasn't yet made a royal and wants to (anyone other than Clite, kyuu, Mango and I), are you planning on a Duke or a Duchess?

Last edited:
Miyaji's flaming demeanor instantly dissipated and changed to one of surprise as a new face hurtled through the air and finished the demon in one fell swoop.
I already told Onion this but it makes sense that I post it here in case there's any confusion. Sena wasn't hurtling through the air; all that could be seen was a slash, and she appeared when it faded (sort of like the assist trophy Lyn if anyone's played Smash 4, she produces a sharp, screen-splitting slash but you don't see her move). I added a sentence in my post clarifying this:
She suddenly stood in that exact spot as if her strike had been lightning and her image were the following thunder.
One more thing I should clarify.
But in the end, all she'd hear from that uncomfortable position was a high-pitched, metallic slice that'd spill through the docks like blood and reach her ears, because whatever cut produced it was too clean to spill actual blood.
Wasn't really a metallic slice... I just said that cause it's easier. The sound effect I was actually going for was (skip to 1:16:22 in the video):

Sounds more badass, imo. I'll see how I can put that into words. Next reply will be just Pearlan, as those posts are long enough by themselves and I'll wait for everyone else to react to Sena so I have more to respond with.

@kyuukestu Will we have another Rairah vs. Jay? Probably not, since Phyra doesn't seem like the confrontational type, and Sena would dismiss someone with a snide remark rather than get into a petty argument. :p
I considered it. I had a gimmick in mind calling Sena the thirsty blade rather than the blood blade, given her Quenchless Bloodthirst and fixation on only the male demon slayers, but then I remembered Rairah and Jay. Like, did I really want to do that to myself? You probably have a whole damn diss-track queued up.

I had a gimmick in mind calling Sena the thirsty blade rather than the blood blade, given her Quenchless Bloodthirst and fixation on only the male demon slayers, but then I remembered Rairah and Jay. Like, did I really want to do that to myself?
That’s... actually really good. And a missed opportunity :(

No need to fear me, I am but a harmless snake who couldn’t hurt a fly.
Though Rairah was a beastkin so that doesn’t apply.

There’s my diss track.
You probably have a whole damn diss-track queued up.
Grr. This part makes me cross and in a few posts you’ll realize why.

If it isn't clear by now, I capitalize "the Duke" when referring to Pearlan because he has a big D. Onion refers to Arashi with a little "d."
Phyra's eyes lit up as she also took noticed of the faint galloping which gradually grew louder. As the horse closed the distance from several tens of meters to only a few inches. The large brown equestrian nipped playfully at its owner's hair, making a mess or rather, more of a mess, of Phyra's disheveled locks.

"Ahaha~ Ack! Oh, stop it, you. I missed you too but we gotta get going."

Firmly gripping the leather reins that were harnessed to the creature, Phyra pulled the horse's mouth away from her hair. By horse, her own house was only a few days away from this very mountain, but up to this point, Phyra still had no idea where Miyaji lived. Leaped onto her horse's back, Phyra beckoned for Miyaji to take a seat behind her.

"Well Miyaji, what do you think of Arista, a beauty, ain't she? Hop on and tell me where we're going, I'd like to at least reach a town before sun-down."
This is the post where it says Phyra has disheveled locks. Though that was immediately after the Final Selection, so her hair might've been temporarily messy from the battle. I can change it if you want.

Our characters will probably head to bed right about now... though Sena's gonna climb to the top of a hill and do some stargazing first, where she'll find Ren's cave in the mountains and befriend him if that's okay with you @ThAtGuY101 . I assume @Clite of Dragonbow is holding off on a response from Shirade because he wants to also have something to say for Kazu, which he might not at this point in the RP (I thought sneaking into Akane's room would've been funny... but then again, you don't want to piss her off and ruin all the hard work you've put into the ship XD).

@5DigitNeb Did you come up with a character? :p

Sena's gonna climb to the top of a hill and do some stargazing first, where she'll find Ren's cave in the mountains and befriend him if that's okay with you @ThAtGuY101
Sounds good to me!

(I thought sneaking into Akane's room would've been funny... but then again, you don't want to piss her off and ruin all the hard work you've put into the ship XD).
Nah... all what kazu needs to do is get the scented candles, (sadly he won't be able to get any marvin gay music) ,but he can still get some rose petals, maybe play a tune on a lute or something while wearing nothing but a smile... if that can't win her heart then she doesn't have one...

If it isn't clear by now, I capitalize "the Duke" when referring to Pearlan because he has a big D. Onion refers to Arashi with a little "d."

This is the post where it says Phyra has disheveled locks. Though that was immediately after the Final Selection, so her hair might've been temporarily messy from the battle. I can change it if you want.

Our characters will probably head to bed right about now... though Sena's gonna climb to the top of a hill and do some stargazing first, where she'll find Ren's cave in the mountains and befriend him if that's okay with you @ThAtGuY101 . I assume @Clite of Dragonbow is holding off on a response from Shirade because he wants to also have something to say for Kazu, which he might not at this point in the RP (I thought sneaking into Akane's room would've been funny... but then again, you don't want to piss her off and ruin all the hard work you've put into the ship XD).

@5DigitNeb Did you come up with a character? :p
Given the last thing she did was ringing out her hair to get rid of the water, her locks could certainly be considered disheveled. I've no particular issues with it.

Did you know that if Sen were a girl, she’d instantly be shipped with Kit as a tsundere instead of being his rival?
This was a joke by the way. Sena is literally a female version of Sen, so she's cold-hearted, stoic, and not the type to get flustered easily...
Dang, I was hoping Kit could find a girl....
"You're right," Sena told Kit, smirking under her scarf. "I should really entertain a smart guy like you. Out of everyone here, you were the only one who knew not to give your name when I didn't ask."
Never mind, Kit's getting a girl after all XD​

Last edited:
You would've achieved the same results if you attacked the demon directly, so there's no need to purposely do things in a roundabout fashion."
@kyuukestu I wouldn't call Sena a direct fighter based on this statement. She wasn't telling Phyra that attacking directly would be better in all situations, just that in this particular one it did her no good and the direct approach would've yielded similar results. Essentially telling her not to overthink things and ignore direct solutions in situations where her way isn't necessarily better.

You probably know this though and are only writing what Phyra interpreted. I'm just clarifying it here in case there's a real misunderstanding about Sena's versatility.

@kyuukestu I wouldn't call Sena a direct fighter based on this statement. She wasn't telling Phyra that attacking directly would be better in all situations, just that in this particular one it did her no good and the direct approach would've yielded similar results. Essentially telling her not to overthink things and ignore direct solutions in situations where her way isn't necessarily better.

You probably know this though and are only writing what Phyra interpreted. I'm just clarifying it here in case there's a real misunderstanding about Sena's versatility.
Yea, I've already pinned that Sena's a more tactical fighter based on what you've said in the discussion as well as how her breath style mixes in distractions. That post was entirely based on Phyra's perception, something which Sena is cementing even further since she's picking a fight lel.

Phyra would likely be quite surprised at Sena's versatility later. Then she'd factor it into plans in the future. Similarly, I'm expecting more assassin-esque moves from Kit, but I'm holding off till he actually shows them.

(Your welcome Ekans :p)
Thank you... :blush:

But unfortunately I won't be giving Mango any ideas in this post either (yet). I was definitely gonna make some new demons, plus you could always ask @Hecotoro for more, but I'll have to think about whether another demon fight is the best idea right now. Don't want the arcs to become too formulaic, am I right?

@ThAtGuY101 What kind of traps are in your cave, or should I decide that myself? We'll do a lil' one-on-one between Sena and Ren at this point in the RP if everyone else runs out of things to post. I believe Ren was punching a tree or something the last time we saw him but you could easily timeskip him already being back in his cave.

No man made traps just natural ones like maybe a narrow walkway or a hole in the ground or stalagmites and stalagmites... your typical cave tomfoolery that nature created...

"Ara-kun…" Pearlan addressed him seriously. "If we were to kiss right now... would it be your first?"

It would be funny if Arashi turned and...
Pearlan: If we were to kiss right now... would it be your first?
Arashi: no! It would be my 386th time!
Pearlan: what the f-
Arashi: now get over here!
Pearlan: HELP! I NEED AN ADULT!
Arashi: I am an adult...

Last edited:
Sena: Names her move Quenchless Bloodthirst

Phyra: Blood blade

Sena:
View attachment 778288

I feel completely justified in calling her the blood blade xD

Though that might change once Phyra notes her sword style is more desert/parched oriented, as the naming style of the moves implies.
Thanks for posting this lol, couldn't get Surprised Pikachu in the right size earlier :p
Shirade made simple nods or "Yhm' as Saito was making breaks in his statement and then he was asked a question.
He only made two breaks between speech, really. One, when the bird landed on his hand and he had to put it back in his cage, and two, when the candles stirred and his tone changed. I've quoted them below in red, lol.

You didn't do anything wrong, I'm only letting you know that just cause there's lots of text between dialogue, doesn't mean he's actually pausing. The part that's in blue doesn't take up any time, so think of him introducing himself and the next thing he says as happening right next to each other. I only put that additional text in so the post is better-paced and doesn't just fly by with no buildup.
"Good to finally meet ya, Shirade," a demon with sleek, black hair greeted, surprisingly warm for a guy dressed like a secret agent. "Mr. Eater told me all about you. Information travels pretty fast with us..."

An ominous phrase like that was more typical of his appearance. But when a nightjar perched on Saito's candlelit hand, the statement made sense. Having received the bird's message and learned of Shirade's arrival in advance, the Branch Leader returned it to its cage, which rested on the counter of a small shop that sold idols, talismans, incense, and wood carvings.

"You can call me Saito or Bro, if you want. I'm the one running the show," he introduced himself, omitting his title for two reasons. One, they'd grow closer if they addressed each other informally. Two, Shirade referring to him as "Branch Leader" would compromise the fact that the Suicide Squad was one of many operations. Most demons spent their entire careers thinking that their branch was the Red Demon, ignorant of the others, and that was for the best. Only those who moved up in the enterprise should learn of their existence.

"Mr. Eater gave you the general sales pitch, but I'll explain to you exactly what we'll be doing," Saito continued. "In the daytime, you'll be learning the sculptor's trade and working the shop. That's the easy part. The blinds are thick, the door is windowless, and the counter's pretty far back, so don't worry about sunlight. What you'll be doing at night, though..."

The candles stirred portentously with the change in his tone.

"...Is developing your tracking ability, entering people's homes, and deftly slitting their throats. See, we've placed stone statues deep in the forests and mountains of Japan—gods of death—where suicidal humans leave offerings. We use our noses to trace them and quietly give them salvation as they sleep, with an artful cut that leaves minimal blood. We write a note in case they haven't left one. By making it look like a suicide, we avoid killing and drawing attention, which I heard you don't like. Is that something you can do?" Saito asked, staring through his shades into Shirade's light blue eyes, which were bright as the summer sky and almost as intense as his. He'd officially begun the interview process.
She really likes her monologues, huh?
"Yeah, well, before you do any more monologue-ing, put some clothes on."
And that's the reason why some of my posts are long, and why one of them roasts @OmnipotentOnion for saying my characters like to monologue when that's just the text playing tricks on you :p (Now, the Mystery Eater DOES like to monologue. But that's cause he's a psychopath, and they tend to do that sort of thing.)

Don't want responses to be too fat and slow, but you also don't want them to be too skinny and bare-bones.​
At some point. I gotta come up with the next arc. Any suggestions?
I had the ideas for a while... I just wouldn't post them cause I was stubborn about making new demons along with them. I'll hold off on that (again) though and just give you the other stuff I had...

Okay, so I don't know if this should be the next arc, but it's one that will involve all our characters. In some rural town/city limits/wherever you want it to be, there's a haunted mansion attraction which is full of scary traps, optical illusions, popup monster dolls, and other fun stuff, but there's an actual demon lurking about in there and killing people without anyone's knowledge. I think it's better if our characters do it just for fun, not because the mission took them there, so that there's an element of surprise and even they don't know about the demon until weird things start happening. Maybe we just got off another mission (can timeskip to having just completed them if you want) and decided to check the place out, split up into pairs (couples for shipping purposes). We'll all have brief encounters with the demon throughout the mansion, fight it off/injure it/get injured themselves, then it'll run off and try to kill a different group of demon slayers, until finally we all end up in the same place in some hidden final room of the manor where we do a boss fight. The Blood Demon Art can be something that alters the layout of the building so that we're constantly lost.

Another thing we could is a giant fair/festival/parade, something like the Chicago World Fair, where there's a serial-killer demon going around and killing people, H. H. Holmes-style.

Number 3, I'll be making a punk demon in a later discussion post that runs the streets with a human gang and blatantly threatens the civilians, or maybe he's a more shadowed figure who goes the "mysterious disappearances" route. I'll be posting more ideas but for now I'll stick with these four, because I don't want to make this message longer than it already is.

And #4. An LGBT-pride rally where the oppressed gays of 1913 are lashing out but they're actually being manipulated by a demon... or maybe it'll just be a happy social event where people are disappearing again. I'll flesh it out later. On that note, I've made the antagonist... This one's inspired by you, Clite:
Name: Shirade Kyūksuiryoku
Personality:Calm and kind to people demon. Shirade loathes the thought of attacking and eating people because he doesn't think that human flesh must be needed for survival. He tries to help everyone he considers friends and it is very difficult to really upset him.
Appearance: Shirade looks like young man (teenager). He has light blue eyes 'bright as the summer sky', black short hair and pale skin. He is well builed and he is 6'2" tall. He wears a black shirt with a white kimono on it.
Blood Demon Art: He don't have it, (Yet).
Techniques: Demon Transformation (In future)
Quite good in swordsmanship (self-lerned, he has still a lot to learn)
Other:

- Shirade don't need to eat humans to survive. It is enough for him to drink a little amount of
humans blood. He can also sleep to regenerate strength, but he can't use it as long-term
solution. He must drink some blood at least once for two weeks or he will get crazy in hunger
and may kill someone (Even when He don't want to)

- Kazusen was (so far) Shirage's only friend. He buried him with his sword in the cave, where
Kazu found him.
Backstory: Shirage had no memories of his human past. He traveled around the country and obtained food. Initially, he already ate dead people so that he did not have to attack the living.

Kazusen, the demon slayer, found him one day in a cave and tried to kill him. However, when he lost some blood in battle, Shirage drank his blood and calmed down. Somehow he managed to convince the demon slayer not to attack him and together they spend 3 days,talking and meeting each other. The Kazusen's village was completely destroyed in the attack of a group of demons led by the 'prince', he became a demon slayer to be able to take revenge for the death of his loved ones. On the third day, a demon attacked them. Kazusen said he would take care of him alone, but the demon used his bloody art on Kazu. Kazusen saw the illusion of his beloved sister who was dead, long ago. The demon killed Kazu, when he hesitated to attack. Shirage lunged at the demon, he took Kazusen's sword. The demon used his bloody art, but Shirage (if we don't count his only friend) had no loved ones. He saw the 'false' Kazusen next to the real, who was dead now. Even more furious, he killed the demon and He promised his dead friend that he would take revenge on the Prince instead of him.
said Shirade, thinking for a second about 'bro' part, as it sounded... Well, nevermind.

Name: Shiragay Kyūksuiryoku
Personality: Shirade's gay twin brother who was separated at birth is just as kind, but he's super expressive and flamboyant. Unlike his straight twin, he LOVES eating human flesh. He only eats men, though...
Appearance: Shiragay looks like a young man (teenager). He has light blue eyes "bright as the summer sky (with rainbows)," black short hair to represent Ace Pride, a rainbow ribbon to represent the other colors, and orange skin that's either a side effect of eating too many human dudes, or spending too much time in the tanning salon trying to impress gay demon dudes. He dresses similar to his brother in a black shirt and a white kimono, but the shirt's made of mesh and goes with a pair of leggings... and he also wears suspenders for no reason. He's well-built and 6'2," as he should be, or else he isn't attractive. His lipstick makes his mouth look red, full, and kissable.
Blood Demon Art: He shoots fire (Get it? Because he's a flaming homosexual?)
Techniques: His fire doesn't actually burn anything, but it's said that whoever touches it falls in love with the next person they see and won't be able to focus on the fight. They need to get unstuck from their newfound love interest fast, or their life force will slowly be drained until there's nothing left. The more he drains, the stronger (and gayer) he gets.
Other:
  • Shiragay doesn't need to eat humans to survive. It's enough for him to drink a small amount of human blood, but that's more of a fetish. He still prefers to swallow people whole. He can also sleep to regenerate strength, but he doesn't feel comfortable sleeping alone... He must drink some blood at least once for two weeks, or he will go crazy and bust someone's cheeks.
  • No one (so far) has been Shiragay's friend. Because he's always crossed that line.
  • Jk, no crossed lines except the one above.
Backstory: Shiragay has no memories of his human past, nor does he know that he has a straight brother. But he's passionate about his sexual orientation in a primitive society that rejects it and stokes the flames of homosexual anger against the oppressive majority, encouraging them to come out of their closets and unite as one. Society can't fight gays and demons at the same time, so it'll have no choice but to cave and accept them.

OR...

He's just a friendly organizer of LGBT rallies that draw large crowds where he can pick off humans unnoticed (I'll have to find a way to distinguish this from the Party Animals...)
@Clite of Dragonbow You decide whether this is a joke or not. It involves your character having a brother after all... (I promise we'll kill him quickly and painfully <.>>:D)

Last edited: