• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Deltarune, New Adventure: Chapter One

Pro Hero Dekiru

Previously Battle Legend G.K.
Okay, I need to get some things out of the way.
-- All we know, is what's in the game. It isn't said whether this is a prequel or a sequel within Chapter One. Stick to what the audience know for sure. I'm going along with the game here.
-- To increase the character number, the three main protagonists will be increased to seven. The first seven I accept will be the only RP'ers. If there are more than seven entries (unlikely), then I will go over who posted first, second, and so on.
-- If you sign up for this, then you sign up for a Chapter Two RP if Chapter Two of Deltarune is ever released. It is entirely possible that this RP may die, but I'd at least like to try to finish this one at the very least.
-- This should be obvious. This RP is only for people who have completed Chapter One of Deltarune. I mean, come on, guys.
-- Like Deltarune, this RP will use multiple swear words, but don't go scattering profanity like confetti.
-- The fights will not function like the game; they will be more realistic.

RULES OF THE RP.
1. Okay. I cannot stress this first rule enough, but some people don't seem to get it. I'm not going to name names. GRAMMAR IS SO FREAKING IMPORTANT. Correct use of words, grammar, spelling, and punctuation really make an RP shine, and also makes it a hell of a lot more enjoyable. I don't want to see things like, "kris woked up and walked outside, he got in the car and went to school".
Neither do a lot of other people. You WILL be asked to provide a sample post if your grammar is questioned. If you have already been accepted, you will also be able to ask others to provide a sample post. Don't go crazy with this power; and only I can accept or decline offers to join. Sorry if this sounds rude, or mean, but I want to make things enjoyable for everybody. Besides, as stated, terrible use of grammar can create a warning posted on the RP.
2. Follow the Pokecharms rules.
3. Deltarune functions like an RPG, so the seven characters will follow as such. There will be seven classes, and four characters need to follow a slight guideline.
The four characters are:

The Leader
A human, with a Red Soul of Determination. Has a knight-ish fighting style, and is the counterpart to Kris, in personality and in plot.
Played by: Ferris; @Pro Hero Dekiru

The Dark Knight
A monster with a Monster Soul. Wields a massive weapon, and will be a counterpart to Susie. (shows up later than Ferris, school bully, sides with Lancer for a portion of the game, has a redeeming moment)
Played by: Beth; @Generation Sect

The Dark Prince/Princess
A Darkling Monster. Wields magic, and is the counterpart to Ralsei, in personality and in plot.
Played by: Lori; @YourLittleSylvia

The other Dark Prince/Princess
A Darkling Monster. Wields magic, and will match or opposite his/her brother/sister's personality. Or you can have pretty much any personality with this.
Played by: Lora; @Pro Hero Dekiru

These are only four; the other three characters will be two humans of any Soul, and a Monster.
Keep in mind that the class and fighting style must match an RPG for authenticity's sake. The choices you have for your character are an Archer, a Rogue (knives, steals crap), a Monk, a Brawler, a Gunslinger, a Priest, and a Bard. These other three characters will be just as important as everybody else; the three humans are the only ones who can seal the fountain, just as Kris was the only one who could seal the fountain in the game.

Second Human: Dawn Shortman
Soul Color: Dark Blue; Integrity
Class: Brawler
Played by: @JustJumper

Third Human: Sylvia Reviar
Soul Color: Pink; Hope
Class: Healer
Played by: @YourLittleSylvia

Second Monster: Victor Nerwin
Class: Archer
Played by: @Red Gallade

I will take the first human; the Kris parallel.
Here is the outline and my profile. Age isn't important because they're all school level; I'd guess 8th grade because of Susie's profanity. And I'd also like to guess Ralsei was around the same age.

Name:
Class:
Soul (Color, or Monster):
Personality:
Appearance:
Dark World Appearance:
Other (optional):

Name: Ferris Dreemurr
Species: Human
Class: Leader; Knight: Ferris fights with a sword and shield.
Soul: Red, Determination
Personality: Ferris is selectively mute, but talks when necessary. He is mischievous, but brave, and will stand up for other people.
Appearance: Ferris has medium-length brown hair, tanned skin somewhat like Frisk, but a little more tan rather than orange; it's also a little lighter than that shade of skin color. His eyes are red, but are usually hidden because of his hair. He wears a green sweatshirt with two yellow stripes wrapping around it like a chevron. He also has dark brown pants and a pair of black sneakers.
Dark World Appearance: In the Dark World, Ferris' skin turns blue, and his hair a jet-black with a blue tint to it. He wears a black shirt, black pants, boots, a plate that stretches across his front torso, shaped to cup his chest, as well as two small plates that cup his shoulders, one over his left leg, and two fingerless gloves with chevron plates on the back of the palms, as well as two metal forearm guards. Over his left shoulder is a shoulder cape, colored indigo and violet, with the same chevron stripe pattern. It's secured under his shoulder-pad, and he has a bag on his back. His sword is reminiscent of a Delta Rune; The guard resembles wings,the the center piece is a red heart-shaped gemstone. The handle is comfortably wrapped in leather, and the hilt looks like three triangles. The blade is straight, widening as the distance from the handle increases, ending in a deadly, yet elegant point. The blade itself is colored gold, and the guard and hilt are a dark gunmetal. The shield is golden with a dark bronze rimming, with a silver Delta Rune pattern on the front. His armor has a heart carved into the chest.
Other: What happened to Kris at the end of Chapter One will happen to Ferris.

Last edited:
Name: Dawn Shortman
Class: Brawler
Soul: Dark Bule, Integrity
Personality: Dawn loves talking to people and being outside no matter what season. Most of the time Dawn tells the truth and is not ashamed of being a snitch. Dawn is bored easily and could be absent-minded sometimes. Dawn could sometimes be too honest and paired with her absent-mindedness can turn off people to her personality.
Appearance: Dawn is of standard height for a teenager and has blonde hair and light brown eyes. She wears an orange zip-up sweater with black track pants and normal sneakers.
Dark World Appearance: In the dark world Dawn's skin is the same color and she wears and black karate gi with an orange headband with brown fingerless gloves. Her sneakers are normal.
Other: Dawn is a vegetarian and does karate after school.

Last edited:
I know the eating disorder thing is a meme at this point but I just couldn’t
help myself from including it lol

Name: Elizabeth “Beth” Bolbian
Species: Monster
Class: Dark Knight: Fights with a Battlehammer
Soul (Color, or Monster): Monster
Personality: Beth is blunt, crude and to the point, never afraid to speak her mind. Despite not going out of her way to be cruel in her mind, she doesn’t realise that her excessive bluntness can be a negative trait. Due to not really knowing how to properly express her emotions or feelings, she tends to do such in overly aggressive ways. The reason she sees other people in such a negative light is due to the treatment she received when she was younger. Her parents are extremely eccentric and weird sculptors, and due to their reputation she purposefully tried to distance other’s perceptions of her away from them, by acting in the complete opposite way, believing nobody would mock her that way. However, she inherited their tendency to look down upon others. Due to purposefully isolating herself from others to maintain her strong and scary Troublemaker persona, she struggled to actually have any fun, so often resorts to mockery and causing trouble to gain attention, so she can actually enjoy herself, and get some sort of human interaction.
Appearance: Beth has a light blue skin tone, with shoulder length black hair, that falls across on the left side of her face to cover one eye, leaving only her right eye visible. Her eyes are a light purple colour, and she’s scarily tall and well built. She seems to lack a nose entirely. She has sharp, yellow teeth, a trait inherited from her parents. She wears dark brown boots, dark blue jeans and a black, baggy hoodie that is too large for her, never actually having the hood up.
Dark World Appearance: In the Dark World, Beth wears a black, heavy armour plate with a light blue orb set into it at her belly area across her chest, black straps around her back holding it in place, with two similar metallic shoulder pads attached that are mostly covered by her hair. Underneath that she wears a simple sleeveless black undershirt. Her arms seem to be entirely free from the armour, except from three light blue coloured metallic rings wrapped at equal intervals around each arm. On her legs she wears black shorts, with two light blue stripes down either side, and heavy black boots, with tall light blue socks that are folded down and bunch out around the top of her boots. Her Battle-Hammer has a long, black handle, with the hammer itself being a silver rectangular shape, with two light blue crystalline spikes attached to the left and right sides of the hammer, taking up the entire space on those sides. Carved into the silver metal of the hammer itself is a Delta Rune symbol.
Other (optional): She hasn’t used her actual full name in so long that most people don’t actually know it, going only by “Beth”, as she doesn’t think the rest of her name fits her persona and reputation.
Due to her parents ignoring her a lot, and the odd materials they kept around the house in their sculpting, ever since she was little she has had a habit of trying to eat those strange materials, and has since become used to it, willing to eat basically anything she can, and not really being disgusted by it at all.

Pro Hero Dekiru

Both of you are accepted; feel free to tag anybody who you think would be interested in this.
We still need exactly four more people.

I've seen enough Undertale and Deltarune to like what's going on. Here's my bio in the hopes that I can join.

Name: Victor Nerwin
Species: Monster
Class: Archer
Soul: Monster
Personality: Victor is normally a calm and laid back individual with a love for relaxing in the wilderness whenever he can. He also enjoys doing dangerous stunts as it 'gets his blood flowing' which means he tends to be a thrill-seeker. He is friendly with most people, but talks back to anyone bad to him regardless of the consequences. When in battle, he sometimes displays a bad habit on smiling horrifically or making cruel threats to his opponents and despises losing no matter how minor the loss is.
Appearance: His figure almost resembles a human, the difference is his Red skin, full Black eyes and long, pointed ears. He has smooth long Black hair that is tied into a thin ponytail. He wears a Black closed leather jacket, slightly torn Dark blue jeans and Black leather boots underneath.
Dark World Appearance: His attire dramatically changes in the Dark world. He wears a longer Black jacket that reaches his knees, two Brown straps cross over his chest and end at his hips where he has a brown belt around, White baggy pants tucked into Black leather boots with three Silver studs each on the caps. He carries a common looking Brown bow with him.
Other: He doesn't carry a quiver as his magic allows him to create a Yellow crystal like material that he uses to make arrows.

Let me know if anything needs changing.

I got a question, How are we gonna get everybody to the dark world? A teacher probably won't need seven people just to get a couple pieces of chalk.

Pro Hero Dekiru

Well minus the two Darklings, that leaves five. The classroom will be more realistic, meaning about twenty, twenty-five kids.
Susie, sorry, Beth goes to get the chalk, Ferris follows. Ferris almost dies, and since it doesn't normally take that long to go get some freaking chalk, the rest of the group, three more people, worry for his safety, and make up an excuse to go to the bathroom, or go get a coat they left in their locker, or something else, in order to go check up on them. They're not there, and they find the closet open.
You can deduce the rest from there.

Also, I'm really glad you brought this topic up, since I needed a way to propose how things were probably gonna go down.
If you guys got a better idea, shoot. I'm completely open.

I'll be the Dark Prince!

Name: Lori
Species: Darkner Monster
Class: Dark Prince
Soul (Color, or Monster): Darkner
Personality: Somewhat shy, friendly, happy to help anyone who needs it, even if they're a villain. He tries to ease tension wherever there is any and supports whomever he can.
Appearance: He's a little cat-mage with a light pink snow cap on. His scarf is magical and mint green, and his cloak/coat is baby blue. His fur is dark gray with little white speckles and his eyes appear to be purple.
Other: His hobby is baking cookies

Pro Hero Dekiru

Accepted!
Again, two slots left.

Also, I know I'm repeating myself, but if ANY of you want to invite someone who has completed the game, go ahead.

Pro Hero Dekiru

Okay, unless everybody wants to wait longer, I have an idea.
Since the two Darkners don't come in until later, how about Sylvia takes the other human, and somebody who already has a character takes the other prince/princess?

Okie~~

Name: Sylvia Reviar
Class: Supporter
Soul: Pink (Hope--I came up with this before I found out the pink soul of fear was going to be happening in Glitchtale, btw, just sayin)
Personality: Bright, energetic, happy, and kind. Loves to befriend people and worries for their safety often.
Appearance: Pink hair, blue eyes, and wears a pink sweater with jeans.
Dark World Appearance: Pink and white robes and a staff to defend herself. The staff appears to be wooden with a bright pink gem on top, but the wood is unnaturally strong, and under the robes, she wears a beautiful dress, boots, and tights that cover her completely and safely. Made for comfort and maneuverability.
Other: She's high on sugar daily.

Pro Hero Dekiru

Name: Lora
Class: Dark Princess
Soul: Darkner
Personality: An outgoing person; almost opposite to her brother, she's eager and energetic. She's not good at settling down fights. Not as magically skilled as her brother, she decided to invest her skills in physical prowess and music instead, baking her the team's "bard", if you will. However, she can channel her magic into music.
Appearance: Like her brother, Lora's fur is dark grey, but with black speckles and yellow eyes. Opposite to her brother, she's a dog Darkner. She normally wears a cloak with a hood, and two instruments. She carries an ocarina around her neck for supportive magic, and a harp around her waist for offensive magic. At her side is a wooden baton for simple strikes. Under her cloak is a dark blue shirt with a satchel, a pair of pants, and some brown boots.
Other: If you didn't already guess, she's good at music.

I'll set the RP up at around sometime tonight, or tomorrow.

Pro Hero Dekiru

Well, you'll find the character profile sample on the first post.
Basically, I tried to adapt to the game's Turn-Based RPG-like mode of gameplay, and build up on that. Each character has a class, like in most RPG games (Knight, Healer, Tank, etc). We have a Knight, a Dark Knight (Tank), a Spellcaster, an Archer, a Brawler, and a Healer. You'll find other classes listed above that I found like a Gunslinger, a Monk, and a Bard, but if you have another one that fits in with an RPG-style set, such as a "Magic Knight" (magic weapon), then go for it. Essentially, the Royal Siblings have waited for the other five to show up since the fountain appeared, so they can go and have the humans seal it.

But for the Royal Siblings, do they have to be the same species or can we do whatever? And what about non-main characters, like original side-bosses and the like?

Pro Hero Dekiru

To answer your first question, no, they don't have to be the same. As long as it's realistic enough, I'm okay with it.
As for your second question, I have an idea to make this last. Since the Lance king took over, perhaps he used the magic in the other three kings to create three... say, generals? One with Heart-themed abilities, one with Diamond-themed powers, and one with Club-themed magic. And I plan to incorporate the secret boss in the actual game in some way.

Hm... Well, I had an idea for a preexisting boss of mine I was hoping to use in some shape or form. His name's Masquerade. I can tell you more about him if you want, since I really like his concept and want to use him in something. Also, would it be possible to create two minor Darkners? One is Jag's sister, Tig, and the other is a character concept I made, Scroll the civilian bard.

Meanwhile, here's my character!
Name: Jag
Class: Magic Knight
Soul (Color, or Monster): Would this apply to Jag? If so, Blue for Integrity or White for Monster.
Personality: Jag is fairly laid-back and kind, but when it comes to action is all-business. He doesn't want to fight if he doesn't have to, but one way or another will protect those he cares about.
Appearance: Jag is an anthropomorphic jaguar with black spots dotting his white-and-orange face and body. He's fairly tall, being six feet, and has fairly dull claws.
Dark World Appearance: Jag usually wears his royal armor, consisting of grey-and-cyan plates of armor similar to a full-body knight, but with a blue fabric sash to indicate his position. He doesn't like wearing headgear, especially not crowns.
Other (optional): Wields an ice crystal lance he can use to create a variety of ice magic. Is the prince of a farther kingdom, who ventured to Lori's kingdom in order to fulfill the prophecy.

Pro Hero Dekiru

Okay, everybody, sorry this took so long.
Unfortunately, one of our RP'ers has been overwhelmed and decided to drop out. There are now two slots left open; a human, and a Darkner. Unless anyone in this RP is going to take them, someone please try and tag someone else.