• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Defog Scizor

Hey, I hope that I am not creating a useless thread, but does anyone know how I can come to get a Scyther/Scisor with Defog? I would like one for my team, but I don't know how to get one. And seribii is no help either. :/

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Hey, I hope that I am not creating a useless thread, but does anyone know how I can come to get a Scyther/Scisor with Defog? I would like one for my team, but I don't know how to get one. And seribii is no help either. :/

I'm not sure if you're still looking for this information but this appears to be an incredibly convoluted yet working method of obtaining one (I say "appears to be" because I haven't tested it myself but it sounds plausible):
- Teach a Pokemon the HM Move Defog in D/P/Pt
- Trade the Pokemon to HeartGold or SoulSilver, where Defog isn't an HM move
- Transfer the Pokemon to B/W/B2/W2
- And finally, transfer the Pokemon to X or Y via the PokeTransfer/Pokemon Bank

Fun times. :D
Basically, the reason that Serebii was no help is because there's currently no way to actually get Defog onto Scyther without breeding it with something that learned the move prior to Gen VI. Hopefully that'll change at some point in the future. xp

I'm not sure if you're still looking for this information but this appears to be an incredibly convoluted yet working method of obtaining one (I say "appears to be" because I haven't tested it myself but it sounds plausible):
- Teach a Pokemon the HM Move Defog in D/P/Pt
- Trade the Pokemon to HeartGold or SoulSilver, where Defog isn't an HM move
- Transfer the Pokemon to B/W/B2/W2
- And finally, transfer the Pokemon to X or Y via the PokeTransfer/Pokemon Bank

Fun times. :D
Basically, the reason that Serebii was no help is because there's currently no way to actually get Defog onto Scyther without breeding it with something that learned the move prior to Gen VI. Hopefully that'll change at some point in the future. xp

Ah, yes. Thanks for the help. Now... you wouldn't happen to know anyone who would be able to get one since I don't have Poke Bank... would you? ;_;