• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Darkstalkers: Apocalypse

On the planet Hellstorm, a being named Pyron originated. It was a civilization of warriors, and Pyron transcended his peers, gaining pyrokinetic and cosmic powers. After swallowing planets and travelling universes, it came across Earth. He created robots named Huitzul to eradicate the dinosaurs and went deep into the Atlantic, sleeping until stronger organisms evolved to fight him. He awoke a several millennia later, and did battle with supernatural beings from the dimension of Makai. After fighting them in a weakened state and not being impressed, he left to another universe. Now a century later, he returns once again taking control of the Huitzul and threatening to destroy Earth if unless the new generation of Darkstalkers confronts him in a tournament. As for now, the Darkstalkers are persecuted and hunted by civilians.

You can be a darkstalker (any type of monster), a supernatural being that hunts them, a human that hunts them, or a supernatural being that is totally neutral. If you are being a darkstalker, please be unique and creative with your characters. If you are modelling them after movie monsters, make references to them in the character, among other things. There are unlimited monsters and supernaturals, but only one one human hunter.

Rules
Put 'Me Me Big Boy' in your sign up if you read the rules
I'm okay with swearing, actually.
I'm allowing the characters to be strong. Keep them up to about city level. No Gokus allowed.
Use proper grammar
No one-liners
I'm also allowing cyborgs, aliens, hybrids, and defective Huitzul
You can have up to 2 characters.
Things can get gory, but in moderation

Name: (first and last),
Species: (darkstalker, supernatural being, neutral, then actual species)
Gender: (can be genderless or other if species calls for it)
Birth Year:
Backstory: (optional, but recommended)
Appearance:
Personality:
Superpowers: (e.g. Aquakinesis, super speed)
Natural Powers: (e.g. making fire mixtapes, mechanical engineering)
Alignment: (going by the DnD scale for this one, boys)

Name: Boudica Ineca

Species: Darkstalker, Dullahan (headless horseman)

Birth Year: 501 BCE

Backstory: she was born into the Ineca house in Makai, one of the oldest but most short lived houses. They first followed through with the idea of living amongst humans. Her family of headless Darkstalkers kept their heads as decorations and were skilled in summoning weapons and steeds. Boudica acted as a soul harvester in the human realm, called by the Irish a 'Grim Reaper' and 'Gan Ceann'. After centuries of doing this, Boudica was cursed by a witch disguised as a human. The witch removed all the souls that Boudica had absorbed, which is usually fatal, though Boudica had survived this and dropped her head as she fainted. This gave her amnesia and weakened her, as she now searches for her head, thinking that will give her insight on her identity.

Appearance: She obviously lacks a head. Boudica is always seen with her steed, Caballus. Caballus has jet black fur and a skull head, with two red slits as eyes. Back to Boudica. She also has stitches on her neck, which can open and function as a mouth. Her skin is abnormally pale. She also has a jet black dress with a bright red sash. Boudica stands at 5'5, while Caballus is about the size of a Irish Draught.

Personality: She was solemn and sometimes bloodlusted before she lost her memory. She is now very energetic and childish. Despite lacking most facial features, She is still incredibly expressive, easily trusting and naive. This can branch into her being gullible.

Superpowers: She can summon weapons such as scythes, flails, and whips. She is most proficient with a whip made from a human spine. Caballus can morph Itself and its user into shadowy masses. Boudica can also telepathically instruct Caballus during battles, allowing them to fight as one.

Natural Powers: She is proficient with flails, whips, and scythes. Boudica is also very good with horses, being able to make the most rowdy of steeds incredibly docile with her presence.

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Last edited:
I-I mean, I do like Capcom stuff but I've never forayed into the Darkstalkers series before... eh, screw it. Could I use an interpretation of Dracula who uses alchemy as my character?

Well, it's kinda meant to be the original figure that Dracula was based on from the 15th century. Count Vladimir Tepes, alternatively called Count Dracula, was a man living in a heavily religious town where science was banned. Intrigued by the art of science, the Count was several centuries ahead of his time in his research. Mixing religious philosophy with scientific research, Count Tepes discovered the art of transmutation. In order to test his results properly, he needed to take a serum that would change his biology to better suit his soul's potential for alchemy. The serum turned the Count ghostly white and gave him fangs. The church wished to banish Count Tepes and destroy his research (for the church hated science back then, y'know) and used his new appearance to spearhead their campaign of the demon Count Dracula. The Count used his research to hide himself and continue his research, while also giving the church an order not to mess with him. Another side effect of the serum, however, was slowing Vladimir's aging process to a crawl. Despite being hundreds of years old, Count Dracula still appears to be in his late thirties/early fourties. His fighting style revolves around his alchemy and his custom alchemical blade. He still hasn't forgiven the church for what they attempted to do to his family, and hates whips for some reason. If you think this character could work, I'll write up a character sheet.

Sure. Here's my pre-prepped form then.

Name: Count Vladimir "Dracula" Tepes
Species: Neutral, "Vampire" (human with alchemical modifications, not a real vampire)
Birth Year: 1452
Backstory: Count Vladimir Tepes, alternatively called Count Dracula by the church, was a man living in a heavily religious town where science was banned. Intrigued by the art of science, the Count was several centuries ahead of his time in his research. Mixing religious philosophy with scientific research, Count Tepes discovered the art of transmutation. In order to test his results properly, he needed to take a serum that would change his biology to better suit his soul's potential for alchemy. The serum turned the Count ghostly white and gave him fangs. The church wished to banish Count Tepes and destroy his research (for the church hated science back then, y'know) and used his new appearance to spearhead their campaign of the demon Count Dracula. The Count used his research to hide himself and continue his research, while also giving the church an order not to mess with him.
Appearance: Wears a large dark purple cloak wherever he goes, hiding the black and red robes underneath as well as his actually white skin and fangs. The Count has long black hair running down to his breast line.
Superpowers: Alchemy - he's particularly fond of fire, lightning and shadow transmutations.
Natural Powers: An excellent scientist, beyond the levels of even modern-day scientific minds from his centuries of experience and knowledge.
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral, but more likely to fight for a cause he believes in and is slightly more on the Chaotic Good side.

Accepted
Sure. Here's my pre-prepped form then.

Name: Count Vladimir "Dracula" Tepes
Species: Neutral, "Vampire" (human with alchemical modifications, not a real vampire)
Birth Year: 1452
Backstory: Count Vladimir Tepes, alternatively called Count Dracula by the church, was a man living in a heavily religious town where science was banned. Intrigued by the art of science, the Count was several centuries ahead of his time in his research. Mixing religious philosophy with scientific research, Count Tepes discovered the art of transmutation. In order to test his results properly, he needed to take a serum that would change his biology to better suit his soul's potential for alchemy. The serum turned the Count ghostly white and gave him fangs. The church wished to banish Count Tepes and destroy his research (for the church hated science back then, y'know) and used his new appearance to spearhead their campaign of the demon Count Dracula. The Count used his research to hide himself and continue his research, while also giving the church an order not to mess with him.
Appearance: Wears a large dark purple cloak wherever he goes, hiding the black and red robes underneath as well as his actually white skin and fangs. The Count has long black hair running down to his breast line.
Superpowers: Alchemy - he's particularly fond of fire, lightning and shadow transmutations.
Natural Powers: An excellent scientist, beyond the levels of even modern-day scientific minds from his centuries of experience and knowledge.
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral, but more likely to fight for a cause he believes in and is slightly more on the Chaotic Good side.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Interesting concept, I'll post when I can, I'm currently part of a big RP so yeah.
Name: (first and last), Jurain Sault
Species: (Darkstalker, supernatural being, neutral, then actual species) Darkstalker; H U M A N/ D E M O N hybrid
Gender: (can be genderless or other if species calls for it) M A L E
Birth Year: 2003
Appearance: fair skin complexion, one emerald green eye, the other eye teal. Usually wears all black with green and purple streaks.
Personality: eager to fight, carefree and relaxed and can keep his cool. Most of the time, however, he has a short temper.
Superpowers: Pyrokenisis, Cryokinesis, Electrokinesis
Natural Powers: making machines and weapons
Alignment: neutral good
me me big boy

Last edited:
Darkstalkers is a confusing franchise. It's basically a bunch of monsters being hunted by humans or other beings from Makai, which is basically hell. There can also be neutral non-humans, but the common enemy is a pyrokinetic and cosmic bending demigod. Is there a certain concept you don't understand?

@SoulDemon Just to be sure, you wanted to be a human hunter? They usually only have peak human weapon proficiency. If you want to be a hunter with powers, I would have to give the human hunter role away since you would be a hybrid or supernatural.

@UmbreonEevee does that mean you won't be humanoid? because I'm fine with that. I just want to make sure. Also, I want a definitive form for shapeshifter, maybe with something that can shapeshift like a slime or something.
@SoulDemon that's fine.

Last edited:
I mean like, they both have a main of a human form but the shapeshifter can only shapeshift into living animals that they have seen which isnt much in this case

That didn't exactly meet the criteria of the types of characters K approved of, as they are just a human with superpowers. There are some Canon powers in Darkstalkers which humans can have. (e.g. Psionic powers, Planeswalking, Sorcery)

The Dragon, wolf, and human hybrid is fine. Maybe you could center the character around chimeras, just to appeal to the fact that hybrids do partially count and are treated as Darkstalkers.

Name: Sapphire Soul
Species: Darkstalker; dragon, wolf and human hybrid
Birth Year: Forgotten because she is so old but is considered a younger dragon, considered at least age 16 in human years, although she is at least a few centuries old
Appearance: In Sapphire’s human form she has tanish skin, Shiny long black hair and a left eyes colored bright blue and her right eye colored bright yellow but is usually hidden by her long hair. She wears this besides the jewelry:
1E428B9F-1243-4457-9681-8ADE94A7939B.jpeg

In her dragon form, Sapphire stands at 15ft with black colored scales and black spikes along her back though she hardly ever goes into this form unless she knows she is alone or is showing someone which she has never done before. In her wolf form, Sapphire has normal length black fur with her bright blue and yellow eyes, she has also not shown anyone she has this form.
Personality: Sapphire is usually quiet and not particularly shy. She has lived long enough to know that it is useless to be shy and not say anything when one thinks what someone else is doing is bad or is doing bad things herself. She is very protective of her things, being a dragon and all, but she is also very loyal to those that earn her loyalty/friendship. She believes that people earn things they get and definitely believes in karma. She doesn’t like to order people to do things unless it’s to stop someone from doing something because she knows she doesn’t like being told what to do. She is kind but seems stoic when she isn’t talking to anyone, doing something or just walking around.

Backstory: She is has lived for so long, her backstory would take forever but basically she was left on Earth in the beginning of the Middle Ages as a child (in dragon years) because she was unusual. She had dragon parents and they did not know where she got the wolf and human species so they deemed her strange when they figured out she wasn’t just dragon and put her on Earth. She raised herself, finding ways to control her shifting into her dragon and wolf form since the main species seemed to be human. She stayed away from civilization for as long as she could until she was forced to go into cities because humans were destroying the forest she raised herself in and finding traces of her living there. She has hidden from hunters and demons in different cities throughout her long life
Superpowers: Sapphire can be extremely fast when she wants to, not knowing where this speed comes from. Shooting fire or water from her fingertips or moving natural fire and water with her mind (if that’s alright)
Natural Powers: Blacksmithing
Alignment: Neutral
Me Me Big Boy

Name: Sapphire Soul
Species: Darkstalker; dragon, wolf and human hybrid
Birth Year: Forgotten because she is so old but is considered a younger dragon, considered at least age 16 in human years, although she is at least a few centuries old
Appearance: In Sapphire’s human form she has tanish skin, Shiny long black hair and a left eyes colored bright blue and her right eye colored bright yellow but is usually hidden by her long hair. She wears this besides the jewelry:
View attachment 624228
In her dragon form, Sapphire stands at 15ft with black colored scales and black spikes along her back though she hardly ever goes into this form unless she knows she is alone or is showing someone which she has never done before. In her wolf form, Sapphire has normal length black fur with her bright blue and yellow eyes, she has also not shown anyone she has this form.
Personality: Sapphire is usually quiet and not particularly shy. She has lived long enough to know that it is useless to be shy and not say anything when one thinks what someone else is doing is bad or is doing bad things herself. She is very protective of her things, being a dragon and all, but she is also very loyal to those that earn her loyalty/friendship. She believes that people earn things they get and definitely believes in karma. She doesn’t like to order people to do things unless it’s to stop someone from doing something because she knows she doesn’t like being told what to do. She is kind but seems stoic when she isn’t talking to anyone, doing something or just walking around.

Backstory: She is has lived for so long, her backstory would take forever but basically she was left on Earth in the beginning of the Middle Ages as a child (in dragon years) because she was unusual. She had dragon parents and they did not know where she got the wolf and human species so they deemed her strange when they figured out she wasn’t just dragon and put her on Earth. She raised herself, finding ways to control her shifting into her dragon and wolf form since the main species seemed to be human. She stayed away from civilization for as long as she could until she was forced to go into cities because humans were destroying the forest she raised herself in and finding traces of her living there. She has hidden from hunters and demons in different cities throughout her long life
Superpowers: Sapphire can be extremely fast when she wants to, not knowing where this speed comes from. Shooting fire or water from her fingertips or moving natural fire and water with her mind (if that’s alright)
Natural Powers: Blacksmithing
Alignment: Neutral
Me Me Big Boy
accepted. The Fire-Water Manipulation is fine.

Interesting concept, I'll post when I can, I'm currently part of a big RP so yeah.
Name: (first and last), Jurain Sault
Species: (Darkstalker, supernatural being, neutral, then actual species) Darkstalker; H U M A N/ D E M O N hybrid
Gender: (can be genderless or other if species calls for it) M A L E
Birth Year: 2003
Appearance: fair skin complexion, one emerald green eye, the other eye teal. Usually wears all black with green and purple streaks.
Personality: eager to fight, carefree and relaxed and can keep his cool. Most of the time, however, he has a short temper.
Superpowers: Pyrokenisis, Cryokinesis, Electrokinesis
Natural Powers: making machines and weapons
Alignment: neutral good
me me big boy
Accepted. May you make his appearance more akin to that of a demon, or a least a hybrid? Maybe by adding horns or retractable wings?

I just don't want to have new people joining in the middle of the conflict, that being with Pyron. I'll leave this thread up and if nobody else joins, I'll just make the rp tomorrow afternoon (cst).