• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Dares and Bets

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Because everyone's done something like this in their past. And probably still do. XD So, have you guys ever lost a bet and had to do something you really didn't want to do but "had" to? Or, on the contrary, you won a bet so you were allowed to make whoever lost do whatever you wanted to do? :3

Well, today my friend and I were playing a game of fooseball or foozeball or whatever it's called. And so I was like, "If I lose this round, then I won't ask AJ for food anymore!" because I kept loosing to her. So after a VERY intense game, I ended up winning~ So then we do this again, only I had to wear a dress to school tomorrow and she had to hug a boy.

Guess who lost... me. XD So now I'm doomed~ She also closed all the loopholes, like, "don't bring extra clothes to change into later", "it has to be a formal dress like to a prom or something", and "something people will stare at as you walk past them". What a fool I am~

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
...and Rotom234 is hereby incinerated by the Winged Dragon of Ra.

The only notable bet I ever made in my life was against my A-Level Geography teacher. Despite my record of nothing but D grades in every A-Level Geography exam I'd taken, I informed my teacher that I was not trying my best and that I could get an A in my next test if I wanted to. He made a bet with me, where if I did get the A I had promised, he would buy me a drink - if I got anything less than an A, I'd have to buy him one. After a rather comical revision session where I revised the wrong fraggin' subject by accident (I revised Chemistry the night before instead of Geography) I was quite blessed to find that the Geography test mostly involved chemical reactions and how they contribute to rock erosion - the A grade was in the bag, making me the winner.

Fortunately for him I don't drink, so he never had to buy me the drink in the end, but for me the victory itself was sweet enough.

Oooh, THis will be fun :)

Well, back when I was little, like back in 2nd grade (i think I was 7), me and some friends were playing truth or dare. Well, someone dared me to go kiss this girl I liked. Now, to me, this girl was like Jessica Alba, now I realize that she was just a 7 year old that I really really liked :p Anyway, I was nervous, but I ran over, and smocched her on the cheek, then I ran off. Apparently it didn't count, so i got called a wussie.

A bet, however, is one of my funniest memories. I had made a bet with this guy that someone was going to get into a fist fight before the end of the day (It was around Super Bowl time, so I knew it had to happen). Well, he had his doubts, as he thought our classmates were civilized. Silly willy XD I swear, it wasn't 5 minutes after that handshake that some dude was pounded into a locker. Easiest 10 bucks I ever made.

ah yes, the meaning of life: making people do stuff nobody will ever forget. :3

One of the most common bets I tend to make with my friends is ZAPPING. Basically, you write down a time on the back of the person's hand, and a dare, or the name of somebody you have to ask out, on the palm of it. Basically, they can't look at their palm until the time mentioned is reached. If they look before then, they had to do what was on their palm.

Most of the girls asking me out have been from this game, and its hilarious when the person accepts that they looked on their own, and do the dare for what may seem to be no reason whatsoever. Fun times...

I am a sucker for dares and bets.~~

I remember making a bet with my friend Spencer. He got a C- on his history fair project, and I laughed. So, we made a bet, that if I got anything higher than a 73 on my culture fair project, he'd give me ten bucks. If I made anything lower, I paid him. So, I worked my brain into mush into the wee hours of the morning, and guess what I got? An 86, B. I rubbed it in Spencer's face, but, this is just like him, he didn't have the money. So I waited. And waited. And waited... And guess what? Stupid arse STILL hasn't paid me. And this bet was made in January 2010. I'm gonna shank him one day.

Another time, I was at a party with some friends, and we decided to play Truth-Or-Dare. I dared one of my friends to draw a mustache on one of the other guy's faces in Sharpie when he fell asleep, and he did. The other guy was maaaad. But I got off scott-free, because I'm sneaky, haha...