• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Danganronpa: Cold Steel (Discussion)

How should the daytime/nighttime system be edited?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Okay, Shen... this seriously needs to stop. I'm okay with the bow, but the crossbow is a bit much.

Seriously... just have Ralph listen for once instead of shooting everything!!! I'm sorry if I seem rude, but I'm getting tired of Paeon getting shot because Ralph won't listen!!

Well, you should stop punching the man and breaking his stuff XD maybe he will stop attacking you then

Paeon Kanetsu

Previously Markus Daymo
...Dude... Ralph wouldn't listen. So I came up with an idea. I'm just annoyed with a "hidden crossbow". Seriously... Paeon's been through a lot of sh*t...

...Dude... Ralph wouldn't listen. So I came up with an idea. I'm just annoyed with a "hidden crossbow". Seriously... Paeon's been through a lot of sh*t...

The ultimate archer isn’t some archer. The ultimate archer meaning he’s better than any other archer in that regard. What archer would he be if he didn’t carry and extra?

Paeon Kanetsu

Previously Markus Daymo
But I think it's kinda impossible for a "hidden crossbow" from his sleeve... If you said it was from a bag or something... the yeah.

But I'm drawing a line. Crossbows are not like hidden blades so that makes this very annoying for me to know Paeon got show by something that wouldn't work. The crossbows would be seen so yeah...

But I think it's kinda impossible for a "hidden crossbow" from his sleeve... If you said it was from a bag or something... the yeah.

But I'm drawing a line. Crossbows are not like hidden blades so that makes this very annoying for me to know Paeon got show by something that wouldn't work. The crossbows would be seen so yeah...

This is also the same franchise that can make robots sentient, and have super Saiyan women lol. A small stretch of the imagination could go a long way. Besides it’s a thing:

Attachments

• 1A4AC698-9BD1-4E05-A6D6-E290ACE98022.png
    1A4AC698-9BD1-4E05-A6D6-E290ACE98022.png
    258.3 KB · Views: 33
Alright, friends, I suppose I should defuse this one (I probably should've stepped in earlier, apologies).

I'll allow the hidden crossbow under the circumstance that:
A.) Ralph doesn't have very many bolts to fire from it in the first place.
B.) He doesn't have a seemingly infinite amount of hidden weapons on his person.

I've gotten asked about weapons via PM before this game started, and my original ruling was that no characters would have any weapons at all to start out with, but considering we have an archer, combat medic, and… Ophelia on the roster, that didn't make much sense. In short, the decision is that any weapons and/or technology not directly on a student's person were confiscated prior to waking up in the common room. I feel I've mentioned this before (perhaps in the room descriptions?), but I may have just mentioned it to a couple of select players via PM, so here's the official ruling if that's the case.

I'd mention something here about character development, but quite frankly, we're still in the early stages of this campaign, so there's no rush to have your character's mentality do a 180.

TL;DR: Ralph can have his arm crossbow at limited functionality in the same way that Paeon can have his laptop/camera at limited functionality.

Alright, that's all. I'm probably going to make one final in character post for the night.

Alright, friends, I suppose I should defuse this one (I probably should've stepped in earlier, apologies).

I'll allow the hidden crossbow under the circumstance that:
A.) Ralph doesn't have very many bolts to fire from it in the first place.
B.) He doesn't have a seemingly infinite amount of hidden weapons on his person.

I've gotten asked about weapons via PM before this game started, and my original ruling was that no characters would have any weapons at all to start out with, but considering we have an archer, combat medic, and… Ophelia on the roster, that didn't make much sense. In short, the decision is that any weapons and/or technology not directly on a student's person were confiscated prior to waking up in the common room. I feel I've mentioned this before (perhaps in the room descriptions?), but I may have just mentioned it to a couple of select players via PM, so here's the official ruling if that's the case.

I'd mention something here about character development, but quite frankly, we're still in the early stages of this campaign, so there's no rush to have your character's mentality do a 180.

TL;DR: Ralph can have his arm crossbow at limited functionality in the same way that Paeon can have his laptop/camera at limited functionality.

Alright, that's all. I'm probably going to make one final in character post for the night.

I thought of it ahead of time, so I’m not just pulling it out of nowhere. Don’t worry, it’s smaller and won’t be used very often. More so a side thing he has. He has no other hidden weapons, I can guarantee that though.

Okay so that little AU made me decide i’m making Jason’s Cat a running joke from now on

It will return

Will Jason’s Cat be okay? Does he even have a cat??? Find out Never on Danganronpa Cold Steel

Jason’s plan in a nutshell
Step 1: Write question on paper
Step 2: Flip table and shout really loud
Step 3: ???
Step 4: Profit

Last edited:
im just imagining all the kids with their pets sksksksk
jason and his cat, ophi and her snake

maybe paeon has a sugar glider, or a rabbit, ralph and a dog (i feel like a Saint Bernard is right), ryuu with a little gerbil and-
HELP

While it's not a good idea as of right this moment (seeing as there are still interactions happening between characters), we should probably all agree to timeskip ahead a bit at some point. Otherwise, the body will be dropped and virtually no time would have passed in comparison (for context, the thermostat at this point probably reads 45 degrees at maximum).

As a bit of an update, everything is still on schedule. The investigation is about halfway written, although the formatting will probably be a bit messy (but what else is new. Let's be honest, the entire blog is a wreck).
As for the blog, there's a few updates for that as well:
  • Any and all likes/dislikes given to me have been added onto their respective character.
  • All links should now be in working order (a couple of the back buttons were broken before)
  • The ask box has been added as an in-game mechanic and promptly added to the Student Handbook. Y'know. For anyone who wants to ask Monokuma a question, ahem, modestly. (Or if you have an IC question that you don't want to spend an entire post detailing). Anon should be turned on so that the mechanic actually works properly, but if it isn't please let me know so I can fix it.
  • The blog has an icon now, which I really should've done earlier. It's temporary—I plan on drawing the permanent one myself as opposed to cropping a screenshot from the anime—but it's better than the default tumblr placeholder.
  • I tried to upload a theme to make it look a bit nicer, but doing so wrecked what vauge semblance of a layout I had, so that remains unchanged (for now. I'll likely try again tomorrow).
Anyway, that's about it for tonight. The time skip will likely take place tomorrow, unless an opportunity opens up otherwise.

Paeon Kanetsu

Previously Markus Daymo
Well... I think Paeon's automatically ready for the time skip. I mean... it ain't like he's gonna do something stupid when currently blacked out.

Alright. In that case, we're most likely just waiting on Sect to write Jason's reply to Monokuma, but after that we can skip to around 80°F-90°F in preparation for Wednesday's events.

Alright. A bit of an update because I kind of fell off the face of the earth there for a second.

Everything regarding the investigation is fully written, queued up, and ready to begin…
Well, almost everything.

If you guys are ready, we can all just timeskip to the body discovery. If you feel you all need an extra day to timeskip ahead to a time wherein the thermostat is at a higher temperature and then skip to the body drop, I'm fine with that, but keep in mind that this option will take away a day of investigation. Needless to say, I'm not going to push back the trial another week, this roleplay has gone on long enough without much happening.

In order to give you more investigation time over the remaining weekdays, I personally would like to drop the progression posts and investigation later today, but I'll let you decide.

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
I'm timeskip ready
Schools been slowing down for a bit with work overload, so I'm a bit opened up
BUT you never know when school can punch you in the face again, so better use this time wisely

Presumably very soon (as in, in a few minutes) or extremely early Thursday, in which case there are two options:
  • The progression post goes up, everyone starts in their dorms and has to look for the body in the style of a normal exploration before the investigation is dropped
  • The progression post goes up and Monokuma mentions straightaway where the body is/I PM someone where the body is/I send out one of my characters in the latter half of the progression post to go find it. In short: there really isn't much of a search.
The first option is more immersive but the second ensures more investigation time. Again, I'm leaving this up to you guys. I'd like to know before the investigation goes up and I take the time to link everything together.

I gotta agree with Kitsune on this one. I feel like being immersive would be a lot better and keep us more invested and overall be the most enjoyable, but I admit that the second would probably be best just to get everyone up and posting again considering our slow posts.

On that note, I’m super sorry for not posting as much as I usually would! School has me super occupied, plus packing has been pretty time consuming- but today was my last day, and once we’re ready to drive over i’ll be in the car for a vvvveryy long time (cross country!) and i’ll have a lot of time to post- probably too much time, actually.. ;w;