• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Customise your Character

The main reason I'm posting this topic is this:

http://www.pokemon-sp.jp/news-sp/2010/0 ... A-001=main

It's not particularly that page, but a picture. The one with the player character with the celebi, looking at the NPC with the Zorua. Except that isn't the player character. It's someone different.

Also, if it's an event, it might be at a later stage in the game. Does this mean character customisation? If it does, what would it be like?

I could be wrong about this. After all, there aren't any other screenshots in which we see the back of the character. This could just be what she looks like. Even so, it's an interesting concept. I'd quite like it to be like the official Pokemon websites interface, where there are a few clothes to purchase, already sprited for you.

Post your comments below!

Actually, if you look very closely, it does resemble the female player character slightly. I may be wrong. But, the idea of character customization is cool. It would be like putting your own personal flair to the game.

I think that's just the regular female player. In all her sprites her hair is huge, and that's what it looks like in this one too.

Character customization would be neat. I feel like if they did add this they probably wouldn't put too much effort into it, maybe just a color change or something.

I reeeeeeeeally want to see player character customization. It would be tedious for the game's artists to sprite all the different combinations, I guess, but it would really give the game a personal touch.

I think they did this in Battle Revolution, but I'm not sure. But it would be really awesome to have your character be actually you, intead of generic boy and generic girl overe here.

:o I think I need to go to bed, I thought the gal in the pic had black hair and a yellow hat...
But yeah we need customizable kiddies to play as. It's one thing to be a silent protagonist that's a recognizable, lovable character like Link or Mario in the Paper Mario series, but the Pokemon kids don't show up in the other games much... All I'd want is a pallet swap really. Is that too much to ask Game Freak?

Last edited by a moderator:

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
As cool as it would be to have character customization in at least some fashion, I feel it's safe to say that we'll have to wait till Gen VI at the very earliest for this in a main game. I think they very introduction of main protagonists almost immediately washes away all hopes for complete (or near) customization. I mean sure, they could introduce different color pallets, but I think if they were planning on including that in a game they would have let us know about that either when they introduced the protagonists, or some time shortly there after. It could still happen this Gen, but I don't see us getting any type of character customization in BW.

And as for the photo in question, that is very much so the female protagonist. I believe it is just the first time that we have seen her overworld sprite from behind.

lukash said:
how about a wii pokemon rpg game where you can be a mii or whatever main charecter they give now that would be coool

that would be cool! aslo what if you could choose what region you stared in!

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
That'd be awesome and all, but this topic is about customizing characters, not regions.

Try and keep it on-topic please.

I think the character customization would be cool and all however
I would yell at the creators of Pokemon I would yell this

4..4 Generations of Pokemon Games and your just now getting to
the customize character stage! >:(

But if they do it in this game I will be happy.

In my opinion, the sacrifice of a good game for more clothes isn't worth it. However, if it could be added without too much trouble, I think it would be very nice. I could finally get out of the female character's hot pants. I hate hot pants.

I've been wanting character costumization for a while now. The picture is the female player's back, but her hair is purple, which is not it's usual color. So it is possible that we'll see some kind of style/color changes in BW. Or maybe that's just a scene from an occassion in the game where the player is dressed differently.

I have like dreamed of character customization, because it would be almost like you in the game instead of you playing the game, and it would be you and not some character gamefreak made up :]

I think it will give the gam more variation so I think its a good idea

A

Anonymous

i doubt that we're getting to even get to change the color of our chrater, it would be cool if we could though :-\