• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Curious about the post-E4 Black/White game (spoilers)

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Mmm. I don't want specific plot spoilers, but I'm wondering what players can do in Black & White once they've completed the main plot and beaten the first version of the Elite 4.

There was talk about this "Hunt for the 7 sagas" quest, but how long does it actually take to complete and does it take you to brand new locations? Can you battle the upgraded Elite 4 as soon as you complete that quest, or is there more to do? I'm also wondering if the Battle Subway is pre or post-Elite 4, and if it precedes them - does it change at all after you defeat them? etc. etc. That's the sort of stuff I'm curious about.

HG/SS obviously had tons of stuff to do after the Elite 4, and Platinum had that island, the volcano, and the Battle Frontier. Is there anything that extensive to play through in B/W?

Well I don't know what new places there are, but the Seven Sages hunt is a round-the-region hunt for the said sages, featuring Looker. I believe you get something for each sage you find, and one special prize once you find them all. There's the fighting-trio and the weather-trio that becomes unlocked in the game. There are two highlights I'd like to mention though. First off, Cynthia returns to the games (I think Nintendo is getting a little bit too attached to her) as a person you can challenge daily, with some pokemon from her previous team, as well as some Isshu additions. The second is the Royal Isshu, a cruise ship that works similar to other cruise ships in the games. The ship doesn't take you anywhere, docking back in Hiun City where you boarded it. But there is a feature where you can get on the deck and see the world around you as you cruise along, once again making use of the 3-D engine to bring it to life. There are other things, but as far as I know, not really any new landmass to explore like in the Gen IV games, more like tibbits throughout the world.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
The Fighting Trio is NOT post main-quest. You can get Cobalon as soon as you get Surf (that is, Gym 6), Viridion as soon as you get Cobalon, and Terakion is on Victory Road past a few shoveable boulders. The Diseased Djinn are version exclusive (with Tornaros appearing in Black and Boltros in white) and once you obtain both of them you can unlock Landros in a location.

The Seven Sages all appear in places Team Plasma have been before. That is not to say there is nothing else to do: Several new routes and three new cities (Kagome, Sazanami and White Forest/Black City) become available, as well as new areas such as the Fertility Shrine, the Shift Factory and Sazanami Bay. A new area of the ancient castle under the resort desert becomes explorable, allowing you to get the Earthquake TM as well as a level 70 Urgamoth (if you can capture it). There is an underwater chamber quest which obviously requires Dive to reach.

And then there's the things which Brendan mentioned... There's a lot of stuff. Still need to explore that on my White...

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Sounds cool. Looking forward to it all. =)

But neither of you guys answered one of my questions. XD

What must you first complete before you can rechallenge the leveled up Elite 4? That's usually what I consider the true post game experience because it gives you something to aim for.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
As far as I know there's nothing you need to complete before the rechallenge barring leveling up. But I haven't tried it personally.

Well, also apparently there is some other location coming up also. Bascically, it's like the Battle TOwer in RS, just a random tower off in the sea, except the "United Tower" works a little different.

Apparently, you can select any floor to fight a trainer on. But, you can't just get to it willy nilly, you have to wait for more floors to be unlocked via wifi.

As for anything else, there is also the Ice dragon thing afterwards. But, the seven sages thing is rather useful, as each of them give you a specific TM. However, some of them are incredibally hard to find. When you find each one though, you get a little insight about Team Plasma and how it was first founded.

Also, apparently Belle can be challenged once a week back in the Hometown. However, I think Cheren can be battled only once more in Victory Road.

As far as anything else goes, I think more pokemon, internationally, become available when you complete the main story. Hope this helps :)

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
StellarWind Elsydeon said:
As far as I know there's nothing you need to complete before the rechallenge barring leveling up. But I haven't tried it personally.

That's actually... really lazy on their part if true. At least HG/SS and Plat made you work for the rechallenge. D:

And ooo, I like the sound of that Battle Tower. Sounds pretty cool. :D