• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Cultura Pokemon College (Romance)

When the cheerful sound of a ukulele began to harmonize and support her singing voice, Keahi whirled around with an artful flourish and spotted Delilah strumming along with her song. She flashed the young girl a radiant smile, her joy completely infectious. Even Dirge started bobbing his head along, looking over to the girl to give her a nod of approval. In fact, the display cheered the old codger so much that he didn’t even mind that the vullaby he had shared his poké puff with snuggling up close. In fact, his mood had perked up so much from a combination of the lilligant’s perfumed aromatherapy, Delilah’s strumming, and Keahi’s bright mood that he even went so far as to protectively drape his tail over the young thing!

It seemed that while Keahi was dancing about and singing her song that a newcomer had approached the group, a kid with tousled auburn hair and a bit of awkward tension about him. When he more or less regurgitated his greeting, she couldn’t help but split her face open with a huge grin. She had a feeling she had a fun year ahead of her with all of these students! She held back a moment while Yen, Delilah, and Kaileb all made their formal greetings. Golden-brown eyes gleaming, she stood with her right hand (still wielding the tipper) on her cocked hip while her left hand and frame drum hung by her side. After the students made their introductions, Keahi chimed in.

“Eloquent greeting,” she said with a wink, still wearing her little grin, “You can call me Keahi - I’m one of the teachers here on Cultura. Pelé, Dirge, Cherry, and Mr. Mimsy here are my pals, and they’ll be helping me with classes!”

She used the tipper to point to each of her pokémon as she listed off their names. Pelé barked cheerfully, Dirge offered a too-cool nod, Cherry started bouncing, and Mr. Mimsy made a little salute! Keahi chuckled at the heaps of charm that her pokémon had, then brandished her tipper like a baton, twirling it through her fingers before using it to point at the newcomer.

“Do you have a name, my little litten?”

As she asked her question, Cherry cheerfully bounced right back up to nestle down on top of her head again. Keahi could only hope her little bounsweet would kick that habit by the time she became a tsareena!

Autumn was startled. Not at Keahi's well-intentioned jab at his greeting, nor the Garchomp looming overhead, and not even by Yen randomly checking the abilities of his own Pokemon. What really had him so taken aback was the single instance of being called 'my little litten'. It was, without a doubt, an adorable way of addressing him, and the smooth voice and Alolan accent that accompanied the words made it all the more pleasant to the ear. However, this pleasantly familiar way of address combined with Keahi's winks and that cheerful grin she had going had Autumn subconsciously overlapping Keahi's figure with that of his older sister's. Appearance wise they might've looked nothing alike, but that teasing and intrigued glint hidden in their eyes was unmistakable. His nerves loosened at the parallel between the foreign and the familiar and a cross between a smile and a smirk hung on his lips. Autumn was about to respond, simply giving his name, but then he thought of something even better. He swiftly backpedaled calling out to each of his Pokemon, "Cerise, Astarte, Chillia, Wyver!" and then spat out a single word, "Appeal!"

The Pokemon stared at their trainer for a moment and immediately understood, springing into motion. Cerise moved first, she Quiver Dance-ed the distance between her and her trainer, pivoting on her toes in a ballet-style. Her arms drew wide arcs through the air as she threw out a volley of Magical Leaf attacks. The iridescent vegetations littering the path she'd walked, forming a shimmering 'carpet' that led towards Autumn. Chillia was next, the little fluff ball sprinting her way down the rainbow road boosting off Autumn and into the air, her tail swept back and forth ejecting golden stars into the air displaying Swift. Trailing behind the chinchilla was Wyver who took aim and fired, a shower of Pin-missiles colliding with Chillia's Swift. The two attacks 'popped' causing a rain of glitters to shower across Autumn's 'stage'. Last, but certainly not least, was Astarte who waddled down the aisle, her wings flapping, a Gust forming. As the 4 Pokemon reunited at Autumn's side Astarte's Gust swept the magical leaves into the air. As the display came to an end a sparkle of glitter and multi-colored leaves gently floated around the performers, who, in contest style, took a pose. Sweeping his hair backward with his hand Autumn dipped into a formal bow, "The name's Autumn and these are Cerise," the Lilligant curtsied, "Chillia," the Mincinno, having landed on Autumn's shoulder after her jump, winked hitting the audience with a Charm, "Wyver," who chittered excitedly, "and Astarte," the miniature vulture splaying her wings awkwardly, "and it's a pleasure to meetcha."

Having concluded with his antics, a little something he'd picked up from his older brother, the Poke-coordinator. Autumn waited for the group's response. A slight blush crept across his face as he wondered... 'Did I go too far?'

Yen watched the whole thing with large intrigued and impressed eyes. If he was just in the body of a 5 year old, you couldn't tell he was 13 years older, no way! When it was done, he was like; "Whoooa! That was supa cool!" He said, his eyes going cross. Flareon looked up, and nudged Quilava, who looked at Yen. They both started to laugh at the really.... Really... Strange look he had in his eyes.

Delilah’s smile only broadened at Keahi’s cheerful nature, her grin helplessly too big for her face. The woman’s radiance was just too contagious for her not to.
Autumn’s display definitely caught her off guard, most certainly a pleasant surprised. The girl’s mouth formed a tiny “o”, her eyes widening, the glittering stars of Pin Missile and Swift combined reflecting in her eyes, dancing in the midst of her bluish gaze, watching the ‘show’ in complete, almost childish delight.
When it concluded, and the girl was hit with the Mincinno’s deathly adorable Charm, she gripped the handle of her instrument tighter, as though to distract, and further stop herself, from cooing out in admiration like a toddler. She noticed a faint redness making its way to his face, a look of potential regret crossing his face, although the change in his otherwise flustered face was about microscopic.
“That was- actually amazing,” she murmured softly, clearly pleased. Another helpless grin on her face.
Even Kaiju seemed mildly impressed, nodding briefly before looking away as a way to show his appreciation for the small event, which was a phenomenon on its own. Azami was practically chirping in awe, yipping as a way to applaud them, the flower-clad Eevee looking just as excited for the new group to be there as Delilah. Kai, meanwhile, has fallen asleep, being startled awake by the boom of the “fireworks”.
“Where did you learn to preform like that? I would say that you’re a Coordinator, but I can tell that you’re not. Your hair’s too messy.” She quipped, although her tone was lightly teasing, which was odd of her considering they were practically strangers. It seemed like she was really loosening up around the new group.

Florem gasped and a bright smile crossed her face at the performance before she started clapping, her Furfrou yipping in excited while the two spiders on her shoulders watched in awe, " a Beautiful performance! I'd almost mistake you for a top coordinator especially with how well your Pokemon performed and their looks" she applauded very impressed at how well Autumn's Pokemon complimented each other as well as how they looked well kept and cared for. "It's a pleasure to meet another student, I'm Florem a teacher here at Cultura" she introduced herself with bright smile while also introducing her Pokemon, Oliver huffed in a sign of approval to Chillia though he kept a sharp eye on boy though Venom and Rai chittered happily towards Wyver both impressed at the other Joltick.

Kale smiled as he and his Pokemon watched Autumn's performance, the maroonette and his Toxicroak both clapped at the end out of respect and admiration for him and his Pokemon's debut. "that was impressive I must say don't you agree Kayn?" he looked to his partner who croaked back in agreement. Kale felt a small breeze float by and looked to the sky seeing as the sun was starting to going down, "Florem I think it's time to pack up the sun is starting to go down" he called out to his cousin before he slowly began to pack up the basket while also recalling his Pokemon into their Pokeballs except for his Toxicroak who mostly stayed out and by his side.

Keahi hugged her stomach with her drum and tipper still in hand and let out a loud, booming laugh, tears tickling at the corners of her eyes. What a wonderful talent, what a dazzling display! She held back, letting the others sing their praises while she stood with her hands on her hips and a vicious grin on her lips. Finally, she strode forward and, tucking her tipper into the waistband of her shorts for safekeeping (thanks to a lack of pockets), offered her hand, ready to wow this kid with the most firm and assertive handshake he’d ever experience.

“Well Autumn,” she said with a musical cadence, “You certainly know how to make an entrance! If you bring this level of energy to my classroom you’re sure to do well, kid. I’m eager to see what you’ll bring to the table-”

Before she could finish her sentence, the radiant Keahi was cut off by the ever-silly Pelé, who pranced right up to the two and danced around Autumn, barking cheerfully. The Alolan beauty laughed again and patted the lycanroc affectionately.

“Looks like you impressed Pelé as well! Be careful, if you make a fan of her she’ll be on you like glue any time you’re around!”

Pelé barked in agreement, sporting a dopey canine smile! But the moment Kaileb suggested they pack things up, the lycanroc and her trainer pouted in perfect unison. The kid was right, but Keahi and her team were party-into-the-night sorts and the sun hadn’t even set yet! Still, best to be a good role model…

“Kaileb’s right! The sun is setting and there are classes to prepare for…”

She was still pouting, regardless of what she said.

Relief flashed through Autumn's eyes, they had responded positively and saved him a world of embarrassment. He listened carefully to their comments, a slight smirk forming on his lips. His eyes swept over the group before landing on Delilah, he'd answer her first. Her comment about his messy hair had earned her a small chuckle.

"You're right, my hair is too messy for Contests. Though, I fix up quite nicely if I do say so myself. But I guess that doesn't answer your question. I might not be a coordinator, but my older brother is, and I've picked up a thing or two from watching him perform."

With the mention that both Florem and Kaehi were teachers, Autumn thought to ask, "May I inquire what subjects you'll be teaching?" Even as he was speaking Pele had waltzed right over and interrupted her trainer and then starting dancing around him. Although the Lycanroc looked like it wanted to get closer to him, Cerise was having none of it. She set her hands on her hips and stood protectively between Autumn and Pele. She could be quite the jealous one.

With Kale's mention of the time, Keahi's face fell, but nevertheless, she seemed to approve of the notion. It was late and it was time to retire to the comfort of home- or, errr dorms. Did Cultura even have dorms? Well, he'd find out soon enough.

Yen stopped in his tracks. "Wait, what's your favorite season....?" He asked, narrowing his eyes. Flareon and Quilava looked at each other, and a sweat drop rolled down their heads. A righteously determined feeling blazed in Yen's eyes like a wildfire.

The sun began to rise for Cultura island, the soft glow of morning light spreading through the town letting the people and Pokemon know a new day has arrived.

Florem felt the warm rays of the sun peek through her curtains and into her room of her home a few blocks from the student dorm, gently rubbing the sand from her eyes she awoke to a small weight at the foot of her bed move as she sat up. The pinkette giggled seeing her Furfrou sprawled at the end of her bed, "oh Oliver" she said softly before removing herself from the soft mattress making sure not to awaken her sleeping Pokemon before heading off to get ready for her first day of teaching. It had taken the small woman only a bit of time to get dressed and to make sure her unruly long cotton candy hair was now tamed into a braid, she then began the rest of her morning preparing breakfast along with a few lunch boxes and snacks for herself and her Pokemon and with the smell of food came Oliver scrambling out of the bedroom and into the Kitchen before waiting patiently for his share of breakfast.

Kale on the other hand had awoken before dawn to go for a jog with his Toxicroak and was now heading back to the dorms due to the sun rising into the morning sky, "C'mon Kayn let's get inside" he called to his partner as they walked into the lobby of the dorms. He was honestly surprised by the dorms yesterday, each room was like a fully furnished one bedroom apartment and honestly he fell in love with the kitchen in his dorm room. As him and his Poison type walked to the elevator to their room he took a look through the lobby again it was basically like a small cafe with couches and tables all about along with a tv in the top corner of the room, there was even a few vending machines along the walls next to the elevator. The marronette and his partner made it back to his room and then started to get ready for the first day of school.

Yen got up slowly. He stretched and looked around his dorm. He hadn't finished unpacking yesterday and now he was ready to.... Not unpack. He woke up his four Pokemon from their beds and picked up the egg from its pedestal. "Oh, man. I can't wait to see how you'll turn out!" He said to the egg.
He walked out of his firm after getting dressed and getting his gear. He yawned loudly. "Ah man.... I wonder if there are any girls around here that I can hit on...." He said, walking down the stairs and out of the dorm complex. His four Pokemon followed behind- wait, no. Spinarak was latched to his bag, nevertheless, he walked to class.