• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Cryptids-Episode 1: The Curse of Bigfoot

What Did You Do To Snoke?

Previously Ratbag the Coward
Note: You must sign up for all the episodes at http://pokecharms.com/threads/cryptids-rp-discussion.14600/#post-324110
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
(2 Days ago-USA)
In a forest somewhere, there were thousands of scattered trees. A bird sang a pretty tune and the river nearby flowed with water, attracting many different animals. Soon, these animals had gone and it was nightfall-the sky was dark with stars. All was silent. Suddenly, a man ran out of the bushes and screamed. "Help!!!" He cried. "It's after me!!!"
Following him, racing as fast as a cheetah, was a large ape like humanoid creature with hair all around it's body. It's face was revolting. The man who was being chased by it tripped over one of the rocks next to the water stream, clumsily.
"Please no...God nooo!!!!" His yell thundered through the trees as the furry beast picked him up and threw him against a tree. He then grabbed him again and dunked him into water. He did not let go of the man while he did this. After about 2 minutes of standing there, the ape beast lifted him from the water then dropped him. The man had died.
(Present Day)
A hellicopter appeared at one of the bases of the Secret Cryptid Society, or the SCS as it was called. This was on the outskirts of New York, as the SCS suspected that too many people would try and meddle with their building, if they placed it where more people could see it. Out of the hellicopter, the great Director, who controlled the whole of the SCS, jumped out. He marched into the SCS control room and started talking into the microphone.
"This is an an announcement from the Director-let all efforts be shifted back to the Bigfoot case. There's been another one."
This announcement was broadcast to all SCS bases in each country. In London, this was displayed second after the USA bases. Lawrence Jones stood with a number of recruits waiting for their first assignment. This was it, he thought. How fitting that my first case will be related to my Dad's disappearance.

"Bigfoot. Why not." Saturday muttered. He also stood with a number of recruits. The Washington D.C. base had received the broadcast before London. 'Was expecting something else but I have absolutely no control over what my first case will be. Or Bigfoot, for that matter.' Saturday thought. He put his hand over the pouch where he kept his double bladed bo-staff. The teen wished had had Milo with him, but the undocumented Cryptid was so tall he could not fit through the doors of the building.

Ava looked at her fellow recruit. "Wonder if we'll be let out of the base," She sighed. Schoolwork was boring her half to death, even with the classes that she got to take that were different than what normal students took. What fun is learning how to judo-flip a gigantic monster if you never got to do it? Besides, the memory of her deceased friend, killed by one of the beasts, still burned in her memory. Ava pushed that thought aside, though, and tried to concentrate on the present. "I've been practicing my hand-to-hand! I wonder if I'll be able to use it? Or my new taser..." Ava looked down at the shiny new device. Her last one had been dropped in a puddle on accident. It wasn't HER fault that it slipped out of its holster thing!

The Director continued "we must gather all recruits and veterans to the USA bases, for the sightings seem to only occur here."
Lawrence looked up at the screen again. Then he saw a number of recruits were being urged to get into a helicopter with some of the British elites. Before he knew it, he was inside the helicopter.

"Why am I here?" Lawrence asked.
"You've been chosen. This unusual case...will be your first mission. It's part of the Director's vision to quickly train recruits into elites." Explained one of the elites in the front.
Before they knew it, they were in New York.

Once Lawrence and the recruits and elites gathered in the grand halls from the remaining countries, the Director spoke. "Welcome all, including our new recruits!" Clapping came from the elites. "As some of you may know, two days ago, an ape like man, or several of them were spotted in a woods/forest in several parts of the USA, with a number of sightings of our spies coming from Columbia. We get many of these reports every month, however, what seperated this case from the others is that we have had much more sightings. Additionally, the 'Ape man' doesn't appear to act alone: there are at least 4 more of them reported in different locations. To make matters worst, these Ape men are actually violent, with the major report being on the dissappearance of American businessman Bob Hale. We must discover whether or not the dissappearance of this man in the same area this was sighted proves they are violent, for if we are, they could pose more of a threat then we first imagined."

Ava listened as the announcement told the recruits to board helicopters and head to the New York base. Ava went to a helicopter with a pilot in it. He didn't seem like he was the talkative type, so she kept her mouth shut as they flew to New York.

As new helicopters landed, the Director's speech had just ended. His speech was being repeated with the bottom line: "We are selectively choosing recruits to tag along to the elites during this important mission to find and capture all Haired Apelings. If you wish to be apart of this, come to the interview room. We will interview you and then make our decision from then on."

Lawrence was at the back of a large queue leading to the interview room. He heard his name called, all of a sudden, and opened his eyes and saw he was on a stool. Behind him was the Director himself.

Ava heard the last bit of information from the radio in the helicopter. The vehicle touched down on the blacktop. "Well, looks like I'd better head to that 'Interview Room', huh?" She said as she jumped down out of the helicopter. The pilot grunted. Ava walked into the building. Her hands shook as she asked for directions. It was her first mission, and she hoped she wouldn't mess it up.

"Hello there!" The Director shouted to Lawrence
"Um...hi..." Lawrence was very nervous.
The Director then began to ask questions.
"First and last name?"
"Lawrence Jones."
"Age?"
"Eighteen since April."
"Right, now can you describe the day you first saw a cryptid?"
Lawrence began to speak:

(4 years ago, the United Kingdom)

Lawrence was exhausted. He had finally completed the last day of school, in which he was being examined in his A-levels examinations. His dad had been on business trips to several different countries: first of all in Europe, then Asia and finally the USA. He had not seen him in a while. When his mother drove him home she told him to talk with her in private back at the house.
"I have something to say..." Lawrence could remember her words perfectly. "He's dead."
Then Lawrence's memory jumped several months.
(3 months later)
Lawrence awoke from his bed. It seemed like every Saturday morning, or, at least since his father died. They said it was because of cancer, but the boy was suspicious.He could hear his mother coughing away downstairs.
"What's wrong..."
"He's wrong!" She screamed, before collapsing. Lawrence watched, tears flowing down, as his mother's corpse fell to the floor. He dialed for the ambulance a while after and they were accompanied by the police. A certain police officer claimed she had been murdered, poisoned.
Then Lawrence's memory jumped again.
(2 months later)
"Where are we?" Asked Lawrence to a detective. The detective wore brown smart clothes and was the same police officer present when Mari Jones had died.
The dectective looked around to see a sewer with a green liquid flowing. There were large footprints, which the dectective could see.
"This looks like the darkest sewer in the whole of the USA! Follow me!" He exclaimed. Lawrence followed him to a ladder. They climbed it and then this led to a forest. It was nightime.
They continued following the footprints, but Lawrence got lost.
"Lawrence..." said the dectective "I think i've found something..." All was silent and then "Lawrence...help me!!!" He shouted. Lawrence ran as fast as his little legs could carry him. There had been a revelation-the detective led Lawrence all the way to a forest in the USA, nearby where Lawrence's father, Edward Jones, was last spotted.
Lawrence ran towards a tree and saw the dectective dead, lying against a tree.
"What.!!?" He cried and then out of the bushes, he was pinned down by a large hairy ape like humanoid beast.
"Hello son!!" Yelled the beast.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ava looked around, nervous. She was waiting with a group of other recruits for her turn to apply for the cryptid-hunting job. Ava remembered her friend, Jax, who had been killed when a cryptid had encountered them. Someone from the SCS had saved Ava, but Jax was less fortunate. When the SCS had recovered his body, it was, well...Let's not go into detail here. It was brutal. There had been two options, join the SCS or have her memory wiped. Thinking that it would be an insult to Jax's memory to choose the latter, she accepted the offer to join.

"So you joined because you wanted to find out more about the Cryptids yes?" The Director continued asking questions.
"Yes...They told me...the SCS members who came told me about them and that...I head that my dad was related to the Bigfoot case."
"This concludes our interview Mr Jones. And I can say one thing and one thing alone: You are in our squad for this case."
"Oh thank you!" Lawrence cried.
"But that's not all, there is a secret I want only you to know now...that is, we have already selected the members for the squads: comprised of mainly elites with a bunch of recruits to learn from them. Don't worry. You'll learn very fast. By the time you finish this case, you'll be an elite!"
Lawrence smiled at the Director.
"Also, all the interviews are currently being broadcast live to everyone!"
"Oh...I didn't know that!" Laughed Lawrence, turning a ruby red.
"I want you to know...this case is related to your father. When Bigfoot was discovered here in the USA, we initially believed the claims as false. When we found out they were true via footage we have hidden here and in Area 51, we set out to find it. However, we could not capture it no matter how hard we tried. Many new cases similar to Bigfoot developed, including your father. We believe that an ancient disease is infecting it's victms and victms of it's victims. That means, your father was in contact with either one of Bigfoot's victms which it passed on the disease to, or he actually encountered Bigfoot."
Lawrence stared at the Director, before walking out.

Ava watched the other person, a man, walk out. He had a haunted look on his face. Ava wanted to go up to him and ask him what was wrong, but knew that she would probably get in a fair bit of trouble. Instead, she gave him a sympathetic look. Her skin was crawling in her anticipation, and she hoped she wasn't trembling.

Sakiya fingered her stick nervously, scared either she'd transform in the middle of the interview, or something would go wrong as it always had. Though she had been given permission to do this one anyways by a higher rank, she preferred to get a spot in this mission the regular way, as if she wasn't special. She walked over to the interview room, recalling her Japanese mother. She had given Sakiya her bright blue eyes and pale skin, and her father had given her light green hair and complexion, with a few other things. She didn't think she was quite ready to do an interview yet, but she decided to just roll with whenever she was called.

Seeing somebody come out with a red face, she instantly gripped her stick for a good minute before relaxing, reminding herself it was just an interview. Not the end of the world. She hoped. Otherwise, she'd have been in space long from now.

"Come in!" Shouted the Director to Sakiya. He had a complete list of all the people in the queue. Lawrence's interview was playing on a large cinema like screen on the back next to where some of the people were queue. A lot of the people waiting saw the interview and began to laugh. Lawrence turned red once more.

Sakiya almost whacked the door, the sound of her name scaring her to death. Holding herself, she rose and nodded, coming in. "Sakiya Sabishi, sixteen. Um...can this not be publicized?" She wanted this done with, not wanting people to see her. Her life was already a disarray of emotions, and she'd rather die than to find everyone laughing at her like the other guy.

Edward or Draconis sat in his lab listening to conversations through a speaker he had hardwired in so he could analyze the personalities of the rookies. He may have majored in biology but he took psychology as well. He listened to the first guy writing down important notes about him and the things he said, Draconis waited eagerly ready to listen to the next conversation "Director the first is done with I'm ready for the next" he whispered to himself his German accent taking a priority in his voice. He sat back looking at his video monitor which was turned off "Stalking und Zuhören ist die Zukunft der Spione" he whispered still eager for the next interview.

Ava watched as Sakiya went in, then turned to the person next to her. He was speaking another language, probably very fluently. She couldn't tell. Ava looked at him curiously. "What language is that?"

Sakiya sighed as the director ignored her question. Well, she might as well make this quick and easy. She inhaled, and began speaking slowly, her pace increasing by the word.

"When I was small, I was told my father had passed away and my Japanese mother always tried to push away the topic. One year ago, my mother took me to Germany, and we took residence in a hotel on the outskirts of town. Sh-she left me alone, going off to buy things. I, out of my cur-curiosity, went out of the hotel and into the f-f-for-forest. I w-walked around a little bit, rather fond of the natural beauty of it when a lion walked out. I frowned, and was about to call someone when he, no, it, tackled me.

Reaching out my hands, I snapped the branch nearest to me and I-I was about to whack him unconscious. Then...I blacked out. I can't remember anything from the point where I snapped the branch from when he died, but when I could think and see again, blood poured out of all angles and it looked like a brutal murder. He began changing appearance, from a lion to a pale-skinned blob to a human-like figure. It had gazelle antlers, a lion's mane, and zebra-striped skin, but he was human. He spoke no words, simply pointed to me.

I almost immediately understood. Turning around to the lake I had bended down by before encountering him, I realized I was no longer human either, with deer antlers and draconic wings, furry paws and a wolf tail. I turned around in horror and shock, as he rasped out a sentence before dying, smirking and chuckling the whole way.
'You are a nix, just like me...my daughter. You know the rest, should b-be in my files."

"Very good Sakiya." Commented the Director. "You're on the team. And..,for the record, you were always on my list...Now we need the next person in the queue!" He shouted.

Ava looked up at the board showing the queue. "That would be me," She muttered under her breath. Ava got up and regained herself. She took a few breaths, then walked rather briskly to the Director. She walked at that speed because she was a little anxious. "Ava Sparks, thirteen," Ava told him, trying, and surprisingly succeeding to some extent, to keep the tremble out of her voice. She looked confident, but on the inside she was terrified. Ava's only way of betraying her nerves was her shaking hands and slightly knitted brow.

Ava inhaled sharply. She knew that this question was coming up, but it still blindsided her. She could still remember it like it was yesterday, though. "My friend Jax and I were walking home from school," She began when this creature confronted us. It was any kid's depiction of Bigfoot, but a little shorter. It immediately attacked. One of the members of the SCS pushed me out of the way. It tackled Jax, and that's all I could see before the man from here just picked me up and ran." But that wasn't all. She didn't want to say it, but Jax had locked eyes with her in the fleeting second before she had been rushed away. His eyes were full of fear. Ava's eyes started to tear up. "When they recovered his body, it was mutilated. There were...There were marks of claws and teeth everywhere, and chunks were missing from out of his arms and legs. They told me that the beast behind it was called the Grassman. I had heard myths, but I didn't think it was real at the time. They asked me to join. At first, I hesitated. Then they told me the other option, and I said that I would join the SCS." She finished with a tone of finality, signalling that she would rather not talk any more about the subject of Jax's murder.

Draconis was caught off guard as someone asked him what language he was speaking "Ger...man" he tried to answer but they were gone before he could answer. He finished writing down things from the second person and begun writing down things from the third. He looked around the room "Die Geschichten sind faszinierend und voller Persönlichkeit" he whispered with a sigh.

Sakiya returned to the que just to wait and hear what others had to say when she heard some German, something she hadn't heard since her mother taught her it in place of her father. She sat down near him, where he could at least hear her, and replied. "Bestimmt. Wie geht es Ihnen heute?"

Last edited:
"Sie sprechen auch Deutsch" Draconis replied quietly surprised that he wasn't alone in foreign languages. He turned to face the girl it was the second person "I'm Edward but you can call me Draconis" he whispered to the girl.

((By the way, I mostly use google translate and some pitifully small german knowledge when typing))

"Ja. Mein Name ist Sakiya. Meine Mutter war Japaner, Vater Deutsch. Aber das weißt du wahrscheinlich schon, oder?" She returned, her accent definitely Japanese. She spoke swiftly yet paused for a long time between sentences, putting together the next.

((Here as well))
Draconis looked at Sakiya "Wie lange arbeitest du schon am SCS" he asked "Ich arbeite hier seit etwa 5 Jahren" he was always interested in hearing about the new recruits. Their histories always seem more and more complex with each passing day.

"Ich habe vor kurzem angefangen, aber da ich eigentlich Cryptid Gene habe, bin ich eher ein Experiment als ein Arbeiter." Being half-cryptid and not completely in control of herself was frightening to think about, and it was hard to shake the feeling she wasn't human at all sometimes. Everyone else was, though, so why couldn't she? As a wolf tail began sprouting on her rear, she fingered her staff and wondered if five years meant veteran.

Draconis nodded his head "Ich bin mir bewusst, die Projekte bin ich in den meisten der Forschungsraum, wenn die DNA-Splicing geschieht, in der Tat ich eine Menge von den Operationen selbst durchführen" he added. He looked around the room and felt like something was off.

(OOC: Could you change back to English please)
"You must be talking about the famous Ohio Grassman. He was one of the Bigfoot varients we captured a while ago. However, we didn't tell you because we thought you would want to go into the room with it. He's gone now, he escaped. He's back in Ohio. Good Ava. You shall be very useful. You may leave..." He said to her. The Director turned to Draconis. "Could you stop talking? And if you're going to speak, please speak in English...."

An announcement came from the Director's speaker. "Attention everyone, I have an announcement to make. This was just a test. All of you who are here are in on the mission! I've assigned you all to different squads-Alpha, Beta and Gamma. Each squad will be assigned to a different part of the USA. To find out what squad you're in, talk to our receptionists at the front three tables."

((OOC: Most of our posts are just introducing one another. If it's important or directed towards an english-speaking character, I'll translate. However, you can also just use Google Translate. EDIT: I may have misinterpreted what you meant. This will very likely be my last post in German, and have the rest be a bit of German and a bit of English))

"Ich sehe. Sind Sie sich des Projektes Wilderness bewusst? Ich denke, dass ist die eine, die ich bin beteiligt, aber es ist mehr auf tierisches Verhalten als tatsächliche DNA-Spleißen." As fur began growing on the clothed part of her body, she turned around and realized her situation. Oh, the irony. She couldn't do anything about it, though, as she was not in a position to walk around and let other find out about it. At least it wasn't as humiliating as when she was stuck in a glass cage and expected to turn into something and let loose her animal instincts. Now that was a sad time. Hearing the Director, she decided to wait for the time to pass before standing up and asking.

Last edited:
(OOC: Stopped getting alerts...)

Ava walked out of the room. Her expression was flat, but she felt like there was a dark cloud hanging above her. She had just recounted her best friend's death, and she doubted that it would be the last time she did so.

(OOC: to be honest that's more a part of unnecessary backstory that he'll never bring up again)
Draconis nodded at what she said "I am aware of that project and I didn't actually do any work on that project but i did know about it" he stated in English as he stood up walking away from the room to the receptionists "Excuse me" he said his accent making it a bit more difficult to understand " is this where we are assigned our squad" he asked.